PDA

View Full Version : Ryedale copper pennies sorting machine......by me.

Ponce
16th January 2011, 12:36 PM
OK guys, I know that many of us are "full" of pennies and that we would like to separate them from the new pennies.........I need ten people that's willing to put up $53.00 to be able to buy it and then after using it to pass it on to the next person......as we use it we would pay for the shipping to the next person, you can hold the machine for only for two weeks, tops........after we all use it we then can then rent it out to others (full price deposit required) and then divide the profit of the rental among the original buyers...............any takers?

http://www.ryedalecoin.com/index.html

Ponce
16th January 2011, 02:37 PM
Bump, bump and BUMPPPPPPPPPP.

What's the matter guys, are you so darn broke that you allready gave away all your pennies?

steyr_m
16th January 2011, 02:49 PM

What's the matter guys, are you so darn broke that you allready gave away all your pennies?

Does it do Cdn pennies?

madfranks
16th January 2011, 03:24 PM
I prefer hand sorting. I know it's slower, but I don't mind, and this way I keep my eyes open for the occasional wheat cent, indian head cent, error, etc. I've already got two very large canvas mint bags stuffed with copper cents and am working on a third.

woodman
16th January 2011, 03:42 PM

Does it do Cdn pennies?

Aren't the Canadian ones all copper?
Aside,
I find I spend a lot of time looking at your avatar.

Ponce
16th January 2011, 04:42 PM
LOL Franks............by the time that I finished separating all my pennies by hand WTSHTF would had been over long ago hahaahahahahahah.........you could drill a hole thrue them and sell them as copper whashers, the store charges about .07 cents each and you could charge .05 cents.

Down1
16th January 2011, 05:06 PM
I find hand sorting relaxing.
I only do $5.00 at a time.

Ponce
16th January 2011, 05:24 PM
Only time that I "relax" is when I go to be at night and stay awake for about one hour and just allowed my mind to sort out what I have learned during the day.

steyr_m
16th January 2011, 05:36 PM
Aren't the Canadian ones all copper?
Aside,
I find I spend a lot of time looking at your avatar.

No, they stopped making all copper in '96. They then switched to zinc, and then to steel in '04.

Thanks, my girlfriend hates it.

Ash_Williams
16th January 2011, 05:51 PM
I had no idea it was down to $500. Wasn't it something like $2500 when new?

How can you guys sort pennies by hand? I tried that with Canadian nickels and even though I thought I was going fast I did the math and it worked out to a piss-poor hourly wage. I built a crude machine to sort them automatically and still the work of unrolling them, loading them, rerolling them, taking them back to the bank, etc. made it not worth it for me.

madfranks
16th January 2011, 06:36 PM
I had no idea it was down to $500. Wasn't it something like $2500 when new?

How can you guys sort pennies by hand? I tried that with Canadian nickels and even though I thought I was going fast I did the math and it worked out to a piss-poor hourly wage. I built a crude machine to sort them automatically and still the work of unrolling them, loading them, rerolling them, taking them back to the bank, etc. made it not worth it for me.

For me it's more an enjoyable hobby than an attempt to make money. If I counted each copper cent as a profit of $0.01, then my hourly wage would be piss poor too. But I enjoy finding the wheat cents (I have a small box set aside just for them), and I'm always hoping to find one of these:

http://www.mountainviewcoins.com/01-Lincoln%201955%20Double%20Die.jpg

Sparky
16th January 2011, 09:43 PM
I sort for fun, too. I also try to pay for things with an amount of cash that requires the cashier to give me a nickel as part of my change. I know, that's sick. :P

midnight rambler
16th January 2011, 09:58 PM
I sort for fun, too. I also try to pay for things with an amount of cash that requires the cashier to give me a nickel as part of my change. I know, that's sick. :P

I actually have some cashiers trained to give me nickels instead of quarters and dimes.

Winston Smith
17th January 2011, 04:28 AM

you are not alone! HAHAHA!