PDA

View Full Version : Am I now rich? I had no idea... got an email from Togo

Spectrism
17th January 2011, 06:46 AM
Here it is. I didn't even know I had a relative in Togo. Sure looks official and well written....
==========================================

Attention

I have decided to contact you due to the urgency of this matter. Let me start by introducing myself properly to you.

I am Barrister Bassi Okon, Personal Attorney to your late Relative ,one of the biggest Togo Contractors,until his death last Five years ago in motor vehicle accident in the capital city Lome Togo West Africa ,He Banked with The (Banque Atlantiuqe) and had a closing balance as at the end of September,2002 worth 9,750,000.00(Nine Million Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand United State Dollars).

The Bank now expects the Next of Kin to come forward as Beneficiary. Efforts has been made by the Banque Atlantiuqe Togo to get in touch with any of the Deceased Family Relatives,but they have met with no success.The bank has given me an authority to provide a next of kin within few days,since I was his personal attorney when he was alive,that was the reason why I decided to contact you, so that you can put claim on this fund as you bear the same last name with him.

The management under the influence of the bank Chairman and Members of the Board of directors is making an arrangement for the fund to be declared Unclaimed In order to avert this negative development,because they know I will not not meet up with the mandate. it is my duty As his personal Attorney to contact you, so that you can stand as the next of kin to his properties.

All documents of proof that will enable you get this fund will be carefully worked out for this claim. I have secured from the probate an order of Mandamus to locate any of the deceased beneficiaries,and more so I am assuring you that this claim is 100% risk free.

I want to let you know that this transaction have to be done legitimately and confidential Please Kindly forward to me the following information for easier communication on this regards.

1. Full Name...
2. Your private telephone
3. Your private Email....

I await your kind attention as quickly as possible for more information and directives.
Do reply through my direct email barr_bassi.o.esq1@hotmail.com

Yours in Service,
Bassi Okon (Esq)
=================================

errrr..... sarcastically speaking, that is.

Dogman
17th January 2011, 06:54 AM
Lol

you need to play (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=Bassi+Okon+%28Esq%29&cp=16&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=Bassi+Okon+%28Esq%29&pbx=1&fp=1&cad=b) him!

Cobalt
17th January 2011, 07:01 AM
Gotta love those attorney's with hotmail addresses :oo-->

gunDriller
17th January 2011, 07:04 AM
Lol

you need to play him!

i agree - there's got to be a way to play these guys.

give them just enough info so they waste massive amounts of time.

my approach to telemarketers - i tell them i'm the housekeeper and that i will go get my boss ... then put the phone down ... so they sit and wait ... and wait.

Spectrism
17th January 2011, 07:05 AM
Lol

you need to play him!

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=Bassi+Okon+%28Esq%29&cp=16&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=Bassi+Okon+%28Esq%29&pbx=1&fp=fd0f73886609171d

Why that dirty scoundrel! Those are from October & Novenmber and Barrister Basi Okon is just now getting around to me? I am heartbroken with the loss of kin.... I guess I still don't know who that was... but considering I am a grieving inheritor who wants my $9+million.... this is unacceptable.

I think I will respond.

Spectrism
17th January 2011, 07:14 AM
OK- my first reply:
================================

Dear Barrister Bassi Okon:

I was wondering if my mother's cousin ever made good in West Africa when he left the farm many years ago. It sounds like he did alright and now has gone to his grave without contacting us. That truly is sad.

I am so glad that you were able to find me since I had no idea my uncle had died. I have to be honest about this. I actually did know he was a contractor and made a lot of money. Does that disqualify me from inheriting the money? My dear mother- God rest her soul- must have prompted you to find me.

At times like this I am so confused and sad. What should I do? Please tell me about my uncle. What kind of contractor was he? Was he a good man? Did he build things?

Sincerely,

Mr. Spectrism

solid
17th January 2011, 07:40 AM
Awesome, Spectrism. ;D I hope you update this thread, it should be pretty funny. Also, you should ask for a picture of your uncle at some point.

crazychicken
17th January 2011, 08:05 AM
Oh WOW, O Boy!

Great news.

LLLLOOOOOLLLL!

CC

gunDriller
17th January 2011, 08:08 AM
Awesome, Spectrism. ;D I hope you update this thread, it should be pretty funny. Also, you should ask for a picture of your uncle at some point.

yeah, play it up. maybe ask for a lock of hair. if they send you curly hairs, tell them - your uncle didn't have curly hair.

or ask for a photo - a painting - a memento. say how excited you are, how you told your cousin and now they want to fly to Africa with you.

PLAY EM - PLAY EM - PLAY EM.

Awoke
17th January 2011, 08:27 AM
This has the potential to turn into a fun thread!

Dogman
17th January 2011, 08:32 AM
This has the potential to turn into a fun thread!

I setup a throw away email address, and responded to him, hehehe
with his mass mailings , he should never know, doing something like
Spectrism is doing, asking questions about my long lost family member.

One finds humor in the most unlikely places.... ;D ;D

midnight rambler
17th January 2011, 08:38 AM
Play him that one guy did to several of those scammers, i.e. make him jump thru his own butt by making up signs with specific messages, being photographed with those signs, and sending you the images.

Neuro
17th January 2011, 08:43 AM
LOL Tell them that this uncle of yours had an illegitimate son, which became very happy about hearing of the inheritance, but sad to hear that his estranged father had passed, a fine boy but a bit naive...

midnight rambler
17th January 2011, 08:53 AM
For entertainment purposes only.

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/www/Tuchme3.jpg
http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/images/james_watts.jpg

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=419+scambaiting&cp=10&qe=NDE5IHNjYW1iYQ&qesig=J5b-c1OZJoqAF425MGseUg&pkc=AFgZ2tlyl1eqGGm5gzkQevKv1fro1zPEk4s_Qga8jfP_p_ MErej3Vu_TLNxFQ9nVpF99y4U3Yx9qszG2ZtC4U_zD_Ff9JSp8 VA&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=419+scamba&pbx=1&fp=c72bee5a4a93f9a3

sirgonzo420
17th January 2011, 09:26 AM
Here's a site where people "bait" the 419 scammers.

http://www.419baiter.com/

madfranks
17th January 2011, 09:32 AM
Some of those guys over at 419eater.com scam the scammers so well they get the scam artists to send them money!

http://419eater.com/html/sheldon_venture.htm

http://419eater.com/html/frank_kabongo.htm

Those are well worth reading, they are hilarious!

k-os
17th January 2011, 12:54 PM
I can't wait to read the rest of this story! ;D

Spectrism
17th January 2011, 01:15 PM
Update.... notice "my uncle" went from being a contractor to a doctor.... LOL. The initial mailing was from .cz and his reply is a hotmail account. It looks like Czech company is selling these buffoons the mailing list. So my uncle's name was Dr L D Spectrism. I wonder what the "L D" stands for... limp dick?
===========================================

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 3:20 PM
To: Spectrism
Subject: MORE INFORMATION

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your response to my message,I received your response with exceeding gladness and as time is of essence to this transaction, You have to maintain and abide by the rules/regulations for the success actualization of this fund without any hitch.

Nevertheless, I just want to brief you on this issues because I am in position to furnish you with all legal and relevant information's for the success of this transaction. As I have stated, it is Your late Relative's fund and I will not like this fund to be declared unclaimed by the bank, as they have stated that funds like this are normally declared as an unclaimed bill and transferred to their treasury account if not claimed, therefore instead of this to happen,I tried all i could to locate you.

You must understand that I am the personal Attorney to your late Relative Dr L D SPECTRISM,that is the main reason why I contacted you to put claims on this fund to be transferred to you as the next of kin and I stand as your guarantor, the bank have all course to release and transfer this money (Nine Million Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand United State Dollars)to you as the beneficiary inheritor to this fund.

Once again be rest assured of my readiness in giving you the necessary information required for the successful transfer of the funds to you. I will be waiting to hear from you as soon as you receive this message so that we can move ahead with the transaction.

I will draft a text of application and send it to you along with the contact information of the bank where you will send the application demanding for the release and transfer of the money to you. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law here in my country and also in your country All necessary information and legal documents needed to back you up in this claim will be obtain from the high court of justice. All I require from you is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. An assurance from you that you will abide by the rules/regulations of this transaction to the end.

After this transaction has been completed,i will come over to your country for the sharing of the fund. I have to let you know that that my percentage in transaction for all my help will be %40 while %60 goes to you and your family.

Expecting your urgent response. I wait for your confirmation and readiness to work with me. Do give me call if you have any question. +228-7107188

Respectfully,
Bassi Okon Esq
Tel:+228-7107188
==================================================

Please forgive my emotional state as I do not have many family members left and to discover that I lost one of the remaining few is troubling. In my earlier reply I noticed that I made a mistake in my comment. I meant to say that I did not know about my uncle's condition as he cut off communication many years ago. Does that disqualify me from inheriting the fruits of his labors?

My mother's friend used to read tea leaves and do psychic readings for me. She mentioned, when I was a small boy, that I would inherit much money but I thought maybe she was wrong or I fell out of grace with her. She was- and still is a very powerful witch and I really get afraid of the things she does. People have had very bad accidents because they crossed her. She was old when I was young so I don't know how she is still alive today. I haven't talked with her in many years but I will tell her about you now. I am sure she will have insights about how best to use my uncle's estate.

How did you find me? I think there must be some prompting from my mother- God rest her soul- in making this happen. I could tell you some amazing stories about her and things that have happened after her death. But I don't want to bore you with those, exciting though they may be.

I am glad my uncle found someone to trust for his affairs. I agree that trust is an important factor for business dealings. I am a bit concerned that you are taking 40% of the estate. That sounds very steep. Can I visit to see his properties and holdings soon? Since you got to know him, please tell me about him to ease my soul. Tell me about his work too.

Thank you so kindly!

Samuel Spectrism
--------------------

Awoke
17th January 2011, 01:21 PM
I love how all these guys always use big words out of context.

oldmansmith
17th January 2011, 03:07 PM
They must get some suckers...

I was contacted at my business by an Indian sounding woman, who said are you "Mr. (name of my company)."

When I responded with, "er...yes"

She replied "How would you like to get ten thousand dollars, and you don't have to pay interest and don't have to ever pay it back."

Bullion_Bob
17th January 2011, 03:23 PM
Some of those guys over at 419eater.com scam the scammers so well they get the scam artists to send them money!

http://419eater.com/html/sheldon_venture.htm

http://419eater.com/html/frank_kabongo.htm

Those are well worth reading, they are hilarious!

There's a great thread on where the owner of 419 baits this guy with promise of laptops. He gets the guy to send the shipping to his address, and ends up giving the guy broken washing machine, and a dead stove, and all kinds of heavy garbage which scammer buddy has to pay for hoping/thinking he's getting a bunch of free laptops.

He burns the guy like 8 times in a row by sending him crap, and costs hims so much grief, money. Pretty good read.

Libertarian_Guard
17th January 2011, 03:52 PM
$9,750,000!

$3,900,000 finders fee for an inheritance of $5,850,000 isn't bad!

I would continue to follow up on this.

Your ship has finally come in!

Sorry to hear about your poor dear uncle. Perhaps you'll throw a party in his honor to ease the pain. Be strong.

This is perhaps the greatest news I've ever read on this site.

Silly me, I deleted an email last week informing me of a $37 million dollar inheritance.

Spectrism
17th January 2011, 03:56 PM
$9,750,000!

Your ship has finally come in!

Sorry to hear about your poor dear uncle. Perhaps you'll throw a party in his honor to ease the pain. Be strong.

This is perhaps the greatest news I've ever read on this site.

Silly me, I deleted an email last week informing me of a $37 million dollar inheritance.

Thanks. I want to talk him down from that high commission. Let's see what we can do. And you know, he technically was a second cousin- not my uncle. I will have to tell my new friend that. I hope I am still qualified to get the big bucks. This sure is a big ship to come in. I hope I don't have a boating accident already.

gunDriller
17th January 2011, 07:39 PM
$9,750,000!

Come on, if a bunch of G-S.us'ers can't figure out how to reverse scam a Nigerian scammer ?!

maybe we could send a photo of one of our female members to entice them ?

then ask them to wire us money to pay for a plane ticket for the female members. $5000 round-trip to Paris.

how much money do Nigerian scammers have that we can scam them out of anyway ?

maybe we should scam another group. now let's see, what ethnic group is known for fraud and scams and lying and murderous racism ?

i know ! let's scam Larry Silverstein !

Spectrism
18th January 2011, 05:53 AM
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:31 AM
Subject: APPLICATION FOR CLAIM

Dear Samuel,

You have to come over to see things yourself but we do not have much time on our side right now. We have to proceed with the bank for the transfer as fast as we can, as soon as the bank needs you around we will than make plans of you coming over.

Do fill in the application and send to the bank demanding for the release and transfer of the fund into your account, On the application text you will find the bank contact, do send the application through their email and do let me know as soon as they contact you back, so that i will advice you on what to do

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
APPLICATION TEXT

ATTN: DR. EBERE CHIBUZO,
FOREIGN REMITTANCES DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR
BANK ATLANTIC TOGO
PLACE DU PETIT MARCHE
RUE KOUMORE LOME-TOGO BOITE
TELEPHONE: 002280699512
EMAILS: banqueatlantic@admin.in.th

ATTENTION SIR,

RE: APPLICATION FOR THE CLAIM OF MY LATE RELATIVE'S BALANCE WITH YOUR BANK. VAULT A / C N0: 4001122/bat/tg. VALUED AT $ 9.750 MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS ONLY.

SIR, PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT I WISH TO ASK FOR THE CLAIM, OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED DEPOSIT WITH YOUR BANK. ABOVE THE MONEY WAS DEPOSITED IN YOUR BANK BY MY LATE RELATIVE DR. L.D SPECTRISM, AM HIS NAMED NEXT OF KIN TO SO MANY OF OUR FAMILY WITH ALL MONETARY TRANSACTIONS DOCUMENTS OF PROOF.

I WISH AS THE HEIR APPARENT TO THIS DEPOSIT TO COME FOR THE CLAIMS AS INDICATED ABOVE. I SHALL ABIDE BY ALL REGULATIONS TO THIS MONEY AS ENSHRINED IMPENDING ON THE CONTENT OF BANK DEPOSIT WITH YOUR AGREEMENT WITH ALL LEGAL RIGHTS OF CLAIM. PLEASE ACCEPT THIS LATE APPLICATION AS IT WAS DUE TO SOME FAMILY LOGISTIC PROBLEMS CONSEQUENT UPON THE PRESENT SITUATION.

I HOPE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND AND ACTIONS EXPEDITE LIABLE TO THIS DEPOSIT IMMEDIATELY ON THE RECEIPT OF THIS APPLICATION. I WILL BE OF CONCERN UPON FURTHER DEMANDS OF ANY DOCUMENT (S) AS MAY BE NEEDED BY YOUR OFFICE. I PLEAD FOR YOUR WONDERFUL CO-OPERATION IN FACILITATING THE PROCESS OF MY REQUEST IN THE EARLIEST POSSIBLE TIME.

DUE PROCESS AFTER ALL DO MY ACCOUNT TRANSFER THE FUND WHICH I HAVE PROVED ALONG WITH MY INFORMATION BELOW.

Name of Applicant:
Home Address:
Date of Birth:
Home Tel No:
Work No:
Fax No if any:
E-mail:
Bank Name:
Bank Address:
Account Number:

I the above named applicant, hereby state that the above information is true and correct, I will follow your advice until the fund get to my account. Accept my apologies for the late Application; it was due to some family problems after his funeral biting Which rights have just been settled.

Your Name

================================================== ====

Thank you for your prompt and careful attention in this important matter. There are some concerns that I need to tell you because I do not want you to get into any trouble. I am thinking that it might just be a typing error or some other oversight, but I checked on my uncle's information from an old file my mother-God rest her soul- had kept about the family. In it she had a brief mention of her cousin. Technically, he would be my second cousin but since he was older we considered him an uncle. But his name was not L D Spectrism, unless my mother and father were also brother and sister. Do you see the strange predicament this puts me in? My special education teacher said I had a very inbred family and I think I know what that means now. Most of them died young and looked kind of funny. Also, uncle Limpie as we called him, had a first name of Xavier with no middle name or initial that I can find. As you can see, a name like Xavier is a bit unusual so I guess that is why they called him Limpie. Did he walk funny or maybe there were other things limpy about him? Did he change his name to LD for that reason?

Anyway, I cannot verify that his name is correct and I really don't want to sign a document declaring it to be true when I cannot prove it. Perhaps you can send me a copy of his passport by email since a courier might take too long?

Also, I am still waiting anxiously to hear more about uncle Limpie. Tell me what he was like please. You are or were his trusted friend, right? Can I trust you? And when can we talk about your commission? As I stated previously, I think a 40% commission is a bit high. I wouldn't be surprised to pay a 10% commission, or $970,000 for careful attention and handling of my uncle's estate under difficult circumstances.

I did have a chance to talk with my mother's old friend- the witch lady I told you about. She must be over 100 years old. I don't want to worry you about her so we can discuss that at some other time. Sorry to mention it and I don't want to instill any fear in you but I can't get out of mind the way she looked with the gnarley white hair cropping the age-darkened wrinkly skin of her face and her eyes seemed to burn like glowing embers of anger when she said your name. It came out like a snake hissing: Bass-s-s-s-s-s-s-eeeee Oh-CON. Don't let that worry you. I told you she she scares me so I try not to see her. She did make me promise to come back and carry her little piglet up to the mountain stream over the next 2 weeks. If I said "no" she might curse me. I just don't need that right now.

So please answer all of my questions because this is such a tender concern of mine. Thank you for your careful attention and may you get your just rewards for your good work.

Waiting for your prompt reply,

Samuel Spectrism

Spectrism
18th January 2011, 07:03 AM
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:41 AM
Subject: RE: APPLICATION FOR CLAIM

Dear Samuel,

Like i said in my last mail we do not have much time. this has to do with $ 9.750 MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS and the Board of directors in the Bank is making an arrangement for the fund to be declared Unclaimed. Can i have your Call number so we can talk it over on phone.

Note: All documents of proof that will enable you get this fund will be carefully worked out by me, you must try to fill the application text and send it to the Bank as fast as you can.

Bassi

================================================== ====================

Thank you Bassi. Do you mind if I call you Bassi? I feel like we are getting to be friends. When did uncle Limpie die? In a previous message you told me that it was 5 years ago. And the bank had the unclaimed fund since 2002. This is fine. I got word from my financial advisor that in Togo they cannot disburse the unclaimed funds for a period of 10 years after formal notification. This gives us until 2012. And if there is a death of the claimant as in this case, Togo law allows for a review for up to 7 years after the death. We are covered on both sides. I trust my financial advisor because he has taken care of more than $3million for me over the past five years.

Now that we have a little time, please turn your attention to my questions. You do want to keep this process accurate and legal so that nobody has any trouble. One further question to add to those below: Will I need to pay an application fee or registry fee for this?

Samuel