PDA

View Full Version : Lady falls in fountain.....old but new.

Ponce
20th January 2011, 11:44 AM
No one would had known that it was her unless she had said so....

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/fountain-lady-nobody-went-to-my-aid-23909987

Dogman
20th January 2011, 11:49 AM
No one would had known that it was her unless she had said so....

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/fountain-lady-nobody-went-to-my-aid-23909987

:ROFL:

One need to look where you are walking, not looking at your phone typing . ;D

Possible candidate for the Darwin awards!

nunaem
20th January 2011, 11:55 AM
I wish she was a candidate for that award. Entitled litigious bitch. Now I can feel good about laughing at her. :D

undgrd
20th January 2011, 12:02 PM
High divers get money for falling in water...not dummies who trip and fall in fountains.

uncletonoose
20th January 2011, 12:41 PM
STUPID texting Imbasile Bitch. I see people walking all the time texting, oblivious to anything around them. We need a new law! "No texting while walking"! You will be fined!

Ares
20th January 2011, 12:46 PM
STUPID texting Imbasile Bitch. I see people walking all the time texting, oblivious to anything around them. We need a new law! "No texting while walking"! You will be fined!

As stupid as it may be. You CANNOT legislate behavior. Her rights end when yours have been trampled on. If she isn't violating your rights she can do as she pleases. At least according to how this country USED to be some 150+ years ago.

chad
20th January 2011, 01:08 PM
heard this on the news. she's suing the mall + the security guards. the mall, for not putting safety measures in place around the fountain, and the guards for laughing at her and causing emotional stress.

uncletonoose
20th January 2011, 01:10 PM

As stupid as it may be. You CANNOT legislate behavior. Her rights end when yours have been trampled on. If she isn't violating your rights she can do as she pleases. At least according to how this country USED to be some 150+ years ago.

I was being Sarcastic

Ares
20th January 2011, 01:13 PM

I was being Sarcastic

:sarc: gotta use the sign sometimes. Sarcasm doesn't carry over well on blogs. :)

Antonio
20th January 2011, 01:18 PM
why are we wasting our time on this, me included?

willie pete
20th January 2011, 01:19 PM
what a cretin....what a maroone.... :D .....I can count at least 3 times recently I've almost been hit or almost hit a car ...because the women driving were talking on a cell phone >:(

mamboni
20th January 2011, 01:20 PM
She is a stupid spoiled self-centered dim-witted beeatch and now she is just confirming it by instigating this ridiculous lawsuit. Thirty years ago, a lawyer would have laughed in her face and scolded her for wasting his time. Today, these fucking lawyers will litigate anything no matter how absurd, frivolous and reckless. That Stephanopoulos wasted network airtime on this bimbo proves that the MSM is absolutely determined to replace meaningful news stories with total sensationalist dribble. >:( >:( >:(

madfranks
20th January 2011, 04:12 PM
At about the 1:20 mark: "uh, well I was like totally embarrassed".

No one came to her aid?!? What does she mean, "her aid"? She fell down and got wet, and from the looks of the video she wasn't hurt or anything.

Also, from the looks of the video this lady has some sort of mental deficiency. "I wandered into an open store and all I could say was 'I fell, I fell' ". What a douchebag.

nunaem
20th January 2011, 04:14 PM
At about the 1:20 mark: "uh, well I was like totally embarrassed".

No one came to her aid?!? What does she mean, "her aid"? She fell down and got wet, and from the looks of the video she wasn't hurt or anything.

Maybe she was expecting someone to come and give her an out of court settlement?

Ponce
20th January 2011, 04:18 PM
That did happen to me coming back from Vegas to CA.....this lady on the longgggggggggg road (Hwy 15) was talking when she hit me.......I simply notice the time and sat back.......the cop came and she started to raise hell abou how I hit her...........I told the cop "The accident was at 17:32, take her phone and look for that time, she was on the phone and didn't look where she was driving........the cop did, wrote the report, and her insurance company made a deal out of court.

BarneyFag
20th January 2011, 04:32 PM
I need guards at cross walks also, because I really dont time to watch crossing traffic, when im chewing gum.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
20th January 2011, 04:36 PM
Okay, so sue for damages. What are the damages? Does not appear to be any physical damages.

Okay, so what do we sue for?

The only thing I can think of, is sue the mall for releasing the tape to the internet, although by being in the mall I'm sure she agreed to some contract stating that they are free to use your image.

So what do we sue for?

Embarassment. Reputation.

These are the only damages she can sue for.

And by suing, she's putting her reputation in the spot light.

Thereby nullifying the only case I can think of for her.

Ponce
20th January 2011, 05:20 PM
They will make the mall put a varanda around the fountain.......and every five feet, inside the mall, a mattress just in case she comes back and falls while chewing gum.

madfranks
20th January 2011, 05:25 PM
The lawyer wants to launch a full investigation to determine "how this happened, and why this happened." ::) ::) ::)

midnight rambler
20th January 2011, 05:28 PM
The lawyer wants to launch a full investigation to determine "how this happened, and why this happened." ::) ::) ::)

The how is that she wasn't watching where she was going, and the why is that she's a fucking moron.

If this goes anywhere, then you can expect to see people suing because they fell down some stairs they didn't realize were there because they were too busy texting.

ETA: the part I like so much is where she chokes up about the woman wanting to hug her but didn't dare because she was drenched. That was very moving. :sarc:

"I have a right not to be laughed at!" lol

Horn
20th January 2011, 05:54 PM
How in depth an interview can snide faced George Snufalufugus give this person?

"When did you realized you fell?"

:box

Ponce
20th January 2011, 09:22 PM
The lawyer is not even sure himself if she is the one that really took a bath......that's the why of an "investigation"

Sparky
20th January 2011, 09:54 PM
"So, Cathy, when did you realize you had a terrible fall?"

"I realized when I was in the water."

Such terrific journalism.

Horn
21st January 2011, 05:28 AM
The lawyer is not even sure himself if she is the one that really took a bath......that's the why of an "investigation"

There's no way she'll get money from the mall. She'll have to go after the person responsible for loading it on youtube for that, I'd think?

A civil suit that'll probably get the lawyer more dough than her, if any.

jimswift
21st January 2011, 06:03 AM
I turned it off when she said she was texting.

uncletonoose
27th January 2011, 02:48 PM

I was being Sarcastic

Looks like my :sarc: turned into someone wanting a new law outlawing the use of Ipods & cell phones while crossing the street!!! :whistle

NYC Lawmaker Proposes Ban On Talking And Walking
$100 Fine If Caught With iPod, Cell Phone Crossing The Street

January 25, 2011 8:30 PM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – After targeting distracted drivers, some New York lawmakers want to go after distracted walkers. They are looking to ban them from using iPods, music players and cell phones while walking and crossing the street.

At E.A.T. restaurant on Madison Avenue they still haven’t gotten over the death of co-worker Jason King, killed last month when a truck hit him as he crossed the street while listening to his iPod.

“He was everything to us. He was always laughing, always in a good mood,” co-worker Nunny Sanchez told CBS 2′s Marcia Kramer.

“We all miss him dearly like crazy. He was the light of E.A.T. I miss him a lot,” Josephina Medina added.

More: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/01/25/ny-sen-wants-ban-on-chatting-while-crossing-street/

BrewTech
27th January 2011, 04:53 PM

I was being Sarcastic

Looks like my :sarc: turned into someone wanting a new law outlawing the use of Ipods & cell phones while crossing the street!!! :whistle

NYC Lawmaker Proposes Ban On Talking And Walking
$100 Fine If Caught With iPod, Cell Phone Crossing The Street

January 25, 2011 8:30 PM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – After targeting distracted drivers, some New York lawmakers want to go after distracted walkers. They are looking to ban them from using iPods, music players and cell phones while walking and crossing the street.

At E.A.T. restaurant on Madison Avenue they still haven’t gotten over the death of co-worker Jason King, killed last month when a truck hit him as he crossed the street while listening to his iPod.

“He was everything to us. He was always laughing, always in a good mood,” co-worker Nunny Sanchez told CBS 2′s Marcia Kramer.

“We all miss him dearly like crazy. He was the light of E.A.T. I miss him a lot,” Josephina Medina added.

More: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/01/25/ny-sen-wants-ban-on-chatting-while-crossing-street/

http://thebsreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/nanny-state.jpg