PDA

View Full Version : Undercover Boss

palani
22nd January 2011, 08:18 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/vsew05.gif

TheNocturnalEgyptian
22nd January 2011, 10:53 AM
When you owe the bank a little money, the bank owns you.

When you owe the bank a lot of money, you own the bank.

palani
23rd January 2011, 03:56 AM

The misconception is that the owner is the one pulling the strings. More truthfully the owner is a puppet rather than a puppeteer. The puppet only has a duty to respond to the tug on a string.

crazychicken
23rd January 2011, 09:41 AM
Right on!

CC

When you owe the bank a little money, the bank owns you.

mamboni
23rd January 2011, 09:51 AM
China's holdings of US soveriegn debt are greatly exaggerated in importance. Total outstanding credit/debt in US is ~$52 trillion. We are already monetizing half of Treasury debt issuance, including rollovers. We are royally screwing our creditors through dilution/devaluation and our creditors know it. They hate us for it because there is little they can do except grin and bear it and slowly disinvest. Our problem is internal: our consumption exceeds our income, by a lot. We are in a negative debt-finance spiral. We are slowly destroying debt principal through currency devaluation it is true. But, we are also destroying our capital base in the process. We are an intrinsically much poorer country relative to the rest of the world today as compared to just ten years ago and a sad shadow of what we were in 1960. Our children will not enjoy the same standard of living as we do today. This is the tragedy.

Silver Shield
23rd January 2011, 05:36 PM
We build our enemies to crush them for profits and power.

China will be no different.

Antonio
23rd January 2011, 05:48 PM
I`m only beginning to really learn about macroeconomics so here is my humble 2 cents (sardonic Book-style)
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Death%20by%20a%20thousand%20cuts&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Book
23rd January 2011, 05:51 PM
China's holdings of US soveriegn debt are greatly exaggerated in importance. Total outstanding credit/debt in US is ~$52 trillion. We are already monetizing half of Treasury debt issuance, including rollovers. We are royally screwing our creditors through dilution/devaluation and our creditors know it. They hate us for it because there is little they can do except grin and bear it and slowly disinvest. Our problem is internal: our consumption exceeds our income, by a lot. We are in a negative debt-finance spiral. We are slowly destroying debt principal through currency devaluation it is true. But, we are also destroying our capital base in the process. We are an intrinsically much poorer country relative to the rest of the world today as compared to just ten years ago and a sad shadow of what we were in 1960. Our children will not enjoy the same standard of living as we do today. This is the tragedy.

What's all this "we" and "us" shit Mamboni? Don't include me in your finger-pointing...lol.

:D

Olmstein
24th January 2011, 02:08 AM
China's holdings of Book's soveriegn debt are greatly exaggerated in importance. Total outstanding credit/debt in US is ~$52 trillion. Book is already monetizing half of Treasury debt issuance, including rollovers. Book is royally screwing his creditors through dilution/devaluation and his creditors know it. They hate book for it because there is little they can do except grin and bear it and slowly disinvest. Book's problem is internal: His consumption exceeds his income, by a lot. Book is in a negative debt-finance spiral. Book is slowly destroying debt principal through currency devaluation it is true. But, book is also destroying his capital base in the process. Book is an intrinsically much poorer person relative to the rest of the world today as compared to just ten years ago and a sad shadow of what he was in 1960. Book's children will not enjoy the same standard of living as he does today. This is the tragedy.

What's all this "we" and "us" shit Mamboni? Don't include me in your finger-pointing...lol.

:D

It's all your fault, book. LOL

Book
24th January 2011, 05:51 AM

:oo-->