PDA

View Full Version : Kriss Super V Vector

Awoke
24th January 2011, 05:31 AM
You may have heard of this because it was unveiled in 2008, but it's new to me. And I want one.

The TDI Kriss Super V

This gun uses Glock magazines, and has a newly designed recoil absorbing cycling system. I will try to remember to post the youtube video that shows the recoil system when I get home, but basically the area between the mag well and the trigger is where the mechanism functions, and when the gun cycles, the parts move downwards on an angle to counter-act the typical recoil effect.

Add to that, your trigger hand is sitting above the bore center line as you can see in the picture here:

http://snowflakesinhell.com/blogpics/kriss.jpg

Now, with the lowered center bore line in relation to your trigger hand combined with the cycling design, kick is minimal. Watch this video to see how controllable this gun is, even on full auto.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6654700044795906272

(I believe that is Chris Costa from Magpul Industries in that video, no?)

For some reason, I can't get this video to embed, but give it a look:

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Q4nzkUuz

midnight rambler
24th January 2011, 07:47 AM
Sure, it makes a great sub-gun that just happens to be unavailable to anyone outside of govt./military.

As as a semi-auto 'carbine' with a 16" barrel in a pistol caliber it's a very sad and expensive $2,000 joke.

http://www.bsrgunshop.com/CRB_SO_Hero_01.jpg

How much recoil reduction does one need for a 6# .45 ACP semi-auto carbine?

I see that on the Kriss website they feature it with the single-point 'pendulum of pain' sling. lol

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/images/stories/tech_01.PNG

Awoke
24th January 2011, 08:38 AM
Sorry it doesn't meet your approval.

Personally, I think it's kick-ass.
It's available on the civilian market in semi auto.

Zero recoil is better than any other amount of recoil.

midnight rambler
24th January 2011, 01:03 PM
Sorry it doesn't meet your approval.

Personally, I think it's kick-ass.
It's available on the civilian market in semi auto.

Zero recoil is better than any other amount of recoil.

I admit that as a select fire sub-gun this design is awesome, however would you throw down roughly $2k just so you can have reduced recoil in a semi-auto .45 ACP RIFLE? You do appreciate the fact that the .45 ACP round isn't very effect at long range, right?

Awoke
24th January 2011, 01:26 PM
I admit that as a select fire sub-gun this design is awesome, however would you throw down roughly $2k just so you can have reduced recoil in a semi-auto .45 ACP RIFLE? You do appreciate the fact that the .45 ACP round isn't very effect at long range, right?

Well, I guess it depends what you're looking for. In a combat scenerio, this gun would be perfect for engagements at 50 yards and under. Lightweight, manueverable, small profile, zero kick, deadly accurate, tight groupings....

I think it is extremely applicable in a real life or death situation. Granted you wouldn't want to scope it and shoot out to 100+ yards, but that's not what I imagine you would be looking to do with it.

Look at the H&K UMP (USC for civilians).
Same kind of thing, same kind of price. (In Canada)

I have fired the 9mm Beretta Storm and found it to be deadly accurate at 50 yards.

ximmy
24th January 2011, 01:30 PM
The TDI Kriss Super V
(Kill your enemies better)

midnight rambler
24th January 2011, 02:14 PM
If all one is wanting is something for 50 yards or less, then one would be best served with a high capacity shotgun such as the FN SLP.

http://www.dsarms.com/images/3088929022.gif

It's far more versatile than that Kriss as a second rate rifle (since none of us 'civilians' will be acquiring a Kriss subgun). And reduced recoil does NOT trump other criteria under any circumstances.

A Kriss carbine as maneuverable? lol No more maneuverable than an AK with a folding stock, and the AK will take 75 round drums. IMO, the Kriss semi-auto carbine is more of a novelty item than serious tactical weapon, just like those semi-auto Uzi carbines or Thompson carbines (copy of the 1927 Thompson subgun) in semi-auto (do you realize how utterly worthless those two are?).

Awoke
25th January 2011, 05:12 AM
As much as I appreciate you trying to force your opinion on me, I already have a kick-ass tactical shotgun with ghost ring sights, and AK's a prohibited and impossible to get in Canada.

I still think the Kriss is a nice gun, good design and I am considering purchasing one.
The model they will be releasing in Canada will have an 18.6 inch barrel, making it non-restricted, which makes it even more appealing, IMO.

Low_five
25th January 2011, 04:48 PM
If I need a shoulder stock and I want to spit 9mm, .40, or .45 im going to convert an ar15. or, If I want to register it, ill make it a SBR, in pistol cartridge.

midnight rambler
26th January 2011, 08:55 PM
As much as I appreciate you trying to force your opinion on me, I already have a kick-ass tactical shotgun with ghost ring sights, and AK's a prohibited and impossible to get in Canada.

I still think the Kriss is a nice gun, good design and I am considering purchasing one.
The model they will be releasing in Canada will have an 18.6 inch barrel, making it non-restricted, which makes it even more appealing, IMO.

Think whatever you want to think. As I stated, as a subgun that Kriss appears to be awesome, but as a semi-auto rifle with a folding stock it's just an expensive novelty. I can think of many better things to spend $2,000 on rather than a novelty gun with very limited application. If you have $2k to throw down on such nonsense then knock yourself out.

Rebel Yarr
28th January 2011, 11:33 PM
This specific thing is cool - but that's it. Think parts for one...

Being in CAN - I hope you already have a closet full of VZ58's. I guess the round count is an issue for you - still rather have a 10 round rifle round. If terrorists are invading you will want some body armor penetration systems.

Nice cheap true sub gun that is screaming right now.... is a PPS43 - which is currently $399 and quality builds are flowing!!!

Awoke
29th January 2011, 03:57 PM
I use tactically vamped SKS rifles for training, although I would like a VZ or two, but they are 6 to 9 hundred dollars. The SKS I can get all tricked out for 3 hundred.

1200 rounds of corrosive surplus 7.62 is $225 INCLUDING tax. Stockpile that shit.

Good SHTF tools.

What I really like about this Super V is the original design with the dropping action. I know you guys don't think it's worth it, but I can certainly see myself dropping 2 grand on one of these. (If and when I have 2000 spare fiats kicking around)

Awoke
29th January 2011, 06:06 PM
Watch this video to see the mechanics of the action, at 1:45.
There is a nice animation that shows the operation of this piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnKd6iXHTQg