luckyvitamin.com

Serpo
24th January 2011, 08:23 PM
Coconut oil is phenomenal , buy gallons of virgin coconut oil on
luckyvitamin.com

Got 20L of good quality not long ago.

mick silver
25th January 2011, 06:45 AM
imacannin made a good post about coconut oil .

cortez
25th January 2011, 06:50 AM
we use it for everything now ::)

the biss
25th January 2011, 07:29 AM
http://www.foodpreps.com/index.php/bulk-pure-coconut-oil-76-degree-5-gal.html

If you're in North Carolina, I can get this for you in 5 gallon buckets. I asked the chapter head of the local Weston A Price Foundation about our coconut oil, and she approves of it.

nunaem
25th January 2011, 08:06 AM
Does coconut milk contain coconut oil? I see that it is almost entirely fat.

Antonio
25th January 2011, 08:39 AM
If you eat badly processesed cheaper coconut oil you`ll be only harming youselves.
The quality of it is of utmost importance.
Accept only the cleanest virgin oil, no slut oil ever.

Serpo
25th January 2011, 12:20 PM
Does coconut milk contain coconut oil? I see that it is almost entirely fat.

Would say so as it comes from the same part of the coconut as the oil but it hasnt been separated .

Antonio
25th January 2011, 12:25 PM
I once bought a pound can of coconut oil from a decent company at my local health food store.
It had such stench of kerosene or some other solvents that I didn`t dare to eat it and added it to my shoe polish.

Real coconut oil has only the fragrance of coconut and your 1st instinct is to eat it like ice cream.

Serpo
25th January 2011, 01:54 PM
Now comes the good part.......if people used coco oil for baking as they did in the past and used coconut sugar instead of cane sugar in this baking, then you would have the perfect cake that is healthy and good for you that diabetics could easily tolerate also.

article here on the sugar and its benefits

http://affleap.com/coconut-sugar-the-new-wonder-sugar-for-diabetics/

so you could have your cake and eat it too.......

Years ago, coconut oil was always used for cooking. In the 1950's, you could buy it at your local supermarket. Everyone cooked with it. Housewives used butter and coconut oil to fry in, and it was also used in baking.

Everything changed when medical studies said eating saturated fats causes high triglyceride levels. The research claimed all saturated fats raise your cholesterol levels and should be eliminated from your diet, including coconut oil.

Like a stray dog nobody wanted, poor ol' coconut oil was left out in the cold. But it's time for Virgin Coconut Oil to make a come-back because modern research has proven that not all saturated fats are the same!

http://www.healthy-oil-planet.com/history-of-coconut-oil.html

Antonio
25th January 2011, 02:01 PM
Supposedly it contains a certain type of fatty acid found only in our mothers` milk.

Serpo
25th January 2011, 02:06 PM
Yea ,the glutamic acid levels (amino acid) are very high in the sugar and this stuff is good for your brain and prostate which in some people are close to the same thing ..haha

cortez
27th January 2011, 06:41 AM
we use agave, i'll give coconut sugar a try

nunaem
4th February 2011, 05:13 PM
I presume only extra virgin is good?

I found organic extra virgin for $6/lb and plain organic for $4.4/lb. I'm getting mostly EV, but I want one of processed junk for the neutral flavor.

Bullion_Bob
4th February 2011, 05:43 PM
When it comes to coconut oil, you're going to want to know how it was processed as well.

You want to look for virgin, organic, with the immediate centrifugal cold extraction method.

This is where they take the picked coconuts, and within a few hours, split them, make a slurry out of the meat, then spin out the oil in a centrifuge.

Other methods are cold and hot expeller pressed, then there's a sun dehydration method before expeller pressing, and a fermentation method. All of these methods produce lower quality oils.

Refined coconut oil (cheaper) has all the smell, and taste, removed by processing it with steam.

Coconut oil is the second highest source of lauric acid. The highest source is in fact women's breast milk.

Organic virgin cold centrifuge processing has all the smell, flavor, and enzymes in tact. This is the money.

nunaem
4th February 2011, 06:18 PM
When it comes to coconut oil, you're going to want to know how it was processed as well.

You want to look for virgin, organic, with the immediate centrifugal cold extraction method.

This is where they take the picked coconuts, and within a few hours, split them, make a slurry out of the meat, then spin out the oil in a centrifuge.

Other methods are cold and hot expeller pressed, then there's a sun dehydration method before expeller pressing, and a fermentation method. All of these methods produce lower quality oils.

Refined coconut oil (cheaper) has all the smell, and taste, removed by processing it with steam.

Coconut oil is the second highest source of lauric acid. The highest source is in fact women's breast milk.

Organic virgin cold centrifuge processing has all the smell, flavor, and enzymes in tact. This is the money.

I'm having trouble finding centrifugally extracted coconut oil. But I've read that the higher the lauric acid content, the better it is. Would it be safe to just go by the lauric acid content?

Tumbleweed
4th February 2011, 06:43 PM
I've been using Nutiva coconut oil and it is pearly white, smells and tastes good too. This is a video by Dr. Joe Mercola that deals with a lot of the issues concerning coconut oils. I usualy have problems with my hands in the winter with arthritis and reuhmatism but since I've been using coconut oil it doesn't seem to be bothering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOBuAe1IVRM

Serpo
4th February 2011, 06:57 PM

I'm having trouble finding centrifugally extracted coconut oil. But I've read that the higher the lauric acid content, the better it is. Would it be safe to just go by the lauric acid content?

Go for it.......
check out this site

I use it on toast instead of butter,good oil tastes fine

.http://www.kokonutpacific.com.au/

lapis
4th February 2011, 07:04 PM
It's okay to consume the expeller-pressed coconut oil, as the lauric acid content doesn't get reduced when it's purified. Sometimes it's nice to cook with the neutral smelling and tasting oil, rather than the EVCO that smells like dessert.

Bullion_Bob
4th February 2011, 07:31 PM

http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com/category/centrifuge-extracted-extra-virgin-coconut-oil.php

:)