PDA

View Full Version : They just turned off the internet for all of Egypt.

Pages : [1] 2

TheNocturnalEgyptian
27th January 2011, 05:07 PM
Riots in Egypt the last few days have been growing to a crescendo as we approach friday. On friday, millions are planning to protest in the streets. Their terms are: "Government, get the fuck out." And they are not negotiating so far.

The government responded by playing nice movies on television, while simultaneously shutting down twitter, facebook, gchat, msnchat, and basically any popular chat programs. They also shut down all SMS phone messaging.

This pissed off the protestors even more, and as of right now, the entire internet for Egypt has been switched off.

And the USA wants that same privledge, to kill the internet.

The last pictures before the internet was switched off:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/230695798.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1296177740&Signature=A48XRgRhx1QLfyvxu0HFwWRJoxk%3D

The video that prompted the internet to finally be turned off is here - minutes after this video of a man being shot in the back hit the net, the net went dark: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/world-22186928/raw-video-man-shot-in-egypt-protest-23989403.html

ximmy
27th January 2011, 05:09 PM
They can still tweet info... right???

Antonio
27th January 2011, 05:11 PM
The crowds do look magnificent but wait and see what POS govt they will elect to replace the current POS with.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
27th January 2011, 05:11 PM
Twitter was shut off yesterday. That didn't do the job so today they just shut off the whole internet. Also, phones are off, and SMS messaging is off.

There is no communication leaving Egypt as of a few hours ago.

North Sinai is burning. Suez is burning. Riot police are abdicating and joining the protestors. I think Egypt's gonna tip, revolution will be successful.

And yes Antonio, I'm forced to agree, Egypt has had a string of bad, corrupt leaders. I have never favored the government there. Why do you think my family left?

k-os
27th January 2011, 05:12 PM
Wow!

Notice how easy it is to deny services to convince the Egyptian citizens to chill.

I think turning off the internet, twitter, facebook, chat, etc. might backfire. What else is anyone going to do when everything is shut down . . . besides take it to the streets?

I sure wish there was coverage of this for us, though.

Book
27th January 2011, 05:14 PM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID7095/images/MubarakWithObama-AmrNabil.jpg

Gotta replace him with a new zio-stooge.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
27th January 2011, 05:15 PM
It is backfiring. Now everybody is in the streets instead of trying to communicate with the world.

osoab
27th January 2011, 05:18 PM
Anyone know of any Egyptian English shortwave stations?

EE_
27th January 2011, 05:20 PM
This is the first phase of martial law.
Wait until you see what comes next!
Watch closely.

kregener
27th January 2011, 05:22 PM
Well, there go my plans to go to Egypt and hang out in an internet cafe all day...

ximmy
27th January 2011, 05:30 PM
Good god...

Disturbing reports of a massacre at the coastal town of Suez, in Egypt, are coming through Raw Story and the Egyptian Association for Change USA. From what we can ascertain, the whole city is on lock-down with a complete media blackout. Journalists from Al Jazeera and other reputable media outlets have been prevented from getting any where near Suez.

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/01/further-information-on-suspected.html

TheNocturnalEgyptian
27th January 2011, 05:33 PM
Several journalist were beaten extensively. This was a stupid move by the government, as the rest of the world can now guess the fate of any arrested protestors.

platinumdude
27th January 2011, 05:36 PM
Radical Islam will take over.

Antonio
27th January 2011, 05:37 PM
Due to my Jew/Greek/Russian blood combo I look so Egyptian that many Egyptians told me I could disappear there.
I`ve dreamed many times of moving to that magnificent place and forgetting about the stench of the West forever.
I swear to God and his prophet,PBUH.

EE_
27th January 2011, 05:38 PM
Several journalist were beaten extensively. This was a stupid move by the government, as the rest of the world can now guess the fate of any arrested protestors revolutionist.

Corrected for truth

Antonio
27th January 2011, 05:39 PM

Not too radical form of radical Islam is good.

kregener
27th January 2011, 05:49 PM
Due to my Jew/Greek/Russian blood combo I look so Egyptian that many Egyptians told me I could disappear there.
I`ve dreamed many times of moving to that magnificent place and forgetting about the stench of the West forever.

Careful the door does not hit you in the ass on the way out...

woodman
27th January 2011, 06:02 PM

Carefull Antonio. The West is still kinder than the East or Mideast. They will chop your head off there for drinking or shooting dope, that is if they feel like it. Cut your hand off if they think you stole a wallet. Notice the Americans aren't trying to emigrate en masse to the mideast? Got loads of money? You can buy the kindness of the government. No welfare for a Russian Jew immigrant.

Carefull what you wish for.

Serpo
27th January 2011, 06:12 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/26/egypt-protests

second link is reporter caught up in it.....audio

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/audio/2011/jan/26/egypt-violence-jack-shenker-arrest-audio

osoab
27th January 2011, 06:13 PM
What the hell is Mohamed El-Baradei's place in all of this? Yes this is the UN Inspector.
Is he just the most well known Egyptian the rest of the world can recognize?

Mohamed ElBaradei lands in Cairo: 'There's no going back' (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/27/elbaradei-return-cairo-egypt)

Many in Egypt are accusing Mohamed ElBaradei of being a latecomer but in the end flight MS 798 from Vienna landed in Cairo 15 minutes ahead of schedule, carrying with it a man ready to assume the presidency.

Egypt's beleaguered regime was waiting. Dozens of metal traffic barriers manned by plainclothes state security officers had been erected throughout the terminal to block the public from mobbing ElBaradei when he arrived, but they proved no match for the media scrum as the 68-year-old emerged with his wife. "Will you be on the streets tomorrow?" screamed one journalist. "Doctor ElBaradei, the people of Egypt need you tomorrow," yelled a passer-by in Arabic.

Hemmed in by a throng of cameras, ElBaradei had little choice but to give an impromptu press conference.

"This is a critical time in the life of Egypt and I have come to participate with the Egyptian people," he said. "The regime has not been listening.

"If people, in particular young people, if they want me to lead the transition, I will not let them down. My priority right now ... is to see a new regime and to see a new Egypt through peaceful transition.

"I advise the government to listen to the people and not to use violence. There's no going back. I hope the regime stops violence, stops detaining people, stops torturing people. This will be completely counterproductive."

Only a smattering of well-wishers made it down to greet ElBaradei, a far cry from the scenes last February when the former UN nuclear weapons chief was met by more than a thousand supporters at the beginning of his triumphant return.

Ahmed El-Sherif, a 24-year-old dentist, was one of the few to greet the Nobel peace prize winner this time round. "We are all Egyptians, and it's our duty to receive ElBaradei in Egypt," he said. "We need him to lead us to the change we want, for the regime to fall and Mubarak to leave and for a new, free Egypt to be born."

El-Sherif rejected criticisms that ElBaradei had been too timid in the run-up to this week's protests. "It's not his job to be protesting on the streets, it's our job. The people of Egypt will make the change from below, not ElBaradei. His role is to be a leader, a figurehead for what comes after, because that's what we're lacking at the moment.

"We do our job first, then he will do his."

He added: "I was out on the protests on Tuesday, and I'll be out on the protests tomorrow, which will be even bigger. What we're witnessing before our very eyes is a dream come true. A lot of my friends have been crying, that's how powerful this is."

Abdul Rahman Yousseff, a poet who formerly coordinated a pro-ElBaradei campaign group, sought to play down expectations. "ElBaradei is arriving as an Egyptian citizen who wants to support his people, nothing more, nothing less," he said. "Every Egyptian who stands with us tomorrow boosts our confidence, and he is no different."

Yousseff denied that ElBaradei's presence at the planned protests would afford demonstrators some measure of protection from police violence. "There's no guarantee that he will bring us safety. If the regime feels under threat it may respond by attacking us more severely. Of course it would have been better if ElBaradei had been here from the beginning, but we understand that he has a lot of commitments. I have very high hopes for tomorrow's protests."

Others were explicitly critical of his late return. "ElBaradei has shown an exceptional lack of political insight; by not throwing his full support behind these protests from the beginning, he failed to predict how this situation would play out and that's undermined him," said Ayman Farag, a 32-year-old journalist who attended Tuesday's protests.

"Is he coming for a photoshoot, or does he actually have something to offer? The fact is he's done nothing concrete; the Egyptian people in the last 48 hours actually have done something, something which has shaken this regime far more than anything ElBaradei has ever done. Whatever happens from now on it will be nothing to do with ElBaradei; if he does get involved it will just look shallow and crass."

ximmy
27th January 2011, 06:22 PM
Here's some live-leak videos of the Egyptian riots...

http://www.liveleak.com/browse?q=egypt&search=Search

...Back on the American media front... Obama campaigns for 2nd term.

ShortJohnSilver
27th January 2011, 06:24 PM
M.E.B. is simply the next puppet , except he is positioned as the non-puppet.

Remember the scene changes on the marionette scene in "Sound of Music"?

MEB is the lonely goatherd ... yodel-ay-hee-hoo ...

hoarder
27th January 2011, 06:25 PM
That might be an improvement for the citizens who are tired of living under radical Talmudism.

osoab
27th January 2011, 06:26 PM
That might be an improvement for the citizens who are tired of living under radical Talmudism.

It's all just fun and games until they close down the Suez. :D Then watch your oil skyrocket.

hoarder
27th January 2011, 06:32 PM
It's all just fun and games until they close down the Suez. :D Then watch your oil skyrocket.
It's their oil.

osoab
27th January 2011, 06:40 PM
It's their oil.

I don't think the most of the oil comes from Egypt.

PatColo
27th January 2011, 06:42 PM
Al Jazeera 10 days ago,

Tunisia: A media led revolution? (http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/01/2011116142317498666.html)

Are we witnessing the birth of the second republic fueled by social media?

hoarder
27th January 2011, 06:45 PM
Hmmmm. So Israel was not only controlling Egypts oil but others as well.

Lets not forget how this ties in with the oil pipeline that was built in Iraq during the recent USrael occupation.

osoab
27th January 2011, 06:53 PM
Hmmmm. So Israel was not only controlling Egypts oil but others as well.

Lets not forget how this ties in with the oil pipeline that was built in Iraq during the recent USrael occupation.

Still adds 6000 miles or so to the tanker trip. Granted the big ones can't fit through the canal. Ximmy's post above about the riots in Suez, give some credence to a possible closing of the canal.

I bet the Somali pirates would love that. ;D

po14015
27th January 2011, 06:56 PM
When I saw the video of M.E.B. I knew that this wasn't spontaneous.

Problem-Reaction-Solution

All staged and being watched to learn how they can do it here.

$5 gas????

MAGNES
27th January 2011, 06:56 PM
They will switch off all communication if they can , even in Western countries.

This is proof there is a war on the population, an undeclared war, when it breaks
out in the open the control masters reveal themselves further, they have game plans
ready. Restricting communication and travel are primary goals.

hoarder
27th January 2011, 07:00 PM

$5 gas????
Makes sense. They can raise the price of oil and use the event to drum up support for US Military presence in the Middle East as a stabilizing influence. Kill two birds with one stone.

hoarder
27th January 2011, 07:04 PM
They will switch off all communication if they can , even in Western countries.

This is proof there is a war on the population, an undeclared war, when it breaks
out in the open the control masters reveal themselves further, they have game plans
A perfect time for secret police to go around killing and kidnapping key dissenters and having the media blame it on "internal power struggles" between revolutionaries or something like that.

osoab
27th January 2011, 07:05 PM

$5 gas????

I thought they already did it here.

Edit. Not meaning the cut of communications here (wasn't thinking about that). Granted, I think they most of our communications are monitored anyway. I don't know if they have the same capability over there.

Libertytree
27th January 2011, 07:06 PM

$5 gas????

$5 gas was without any heavy duty shit going down in the ME, if TSHTF over there IMO you're lookin at $7-$8 easy.

Book
27th January 2011, 07:09 PM

Can't allow imminent carpet-bombing by Israel to be filmed and televised.

Libertytree
27th January 2011, 07:12 PM
Make NO mistake about it, they can shut comm's down anytime they want to! In a pointed threat or at the point of a gun, makes no difference.

PatColo
27th January 2011, 07:26 PM
mostly a recap of what's discussed herein, except for the Joe "I am a zionist" Biden interview today:

Egypt’s Internet is Down – Joe Biden Claims Mubarak is no “Dictator” and Wants Him To Stay (http://beforeitsnews.com/story/381/502/Egypts_Internet_is_Down_Joe_Biden_Claims_Mubarak_i s_no_Dictator_and_Wants_Him_To_Stay.html)

MAGNES
27th January 2011, 07:30 PM
The video that prompted the internet to finally be turned off is here - minutes after this video of a man being shot in the back hit the net, the net went dark: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/world-22186928/raw-video-man-shot-in-egypt-protest-23989403.html

They murdered the guy in cold blood, I don't care if he was throwing rocks from 50 yards.
Even with basic arms you can fight back, if they are shooting people on the street like that it is game on.
You can easily flank them, it is a city, you need an army to defend, shooters are sitting ducks.
Are the buildings surrounding them secured, no way.

Are Egyptians armed ? I found it amazing that Iraqi's were armed with AK's, all of them, legally.
They did not kill each other, it took ZOG of many countries to do that.

@ Hoarder, Egypt is brutal and they already did that before this, they will go after lesser targets now.
They will do that in more advanced countries like USA.

The Christians of Egpyt are going to be attacked, Egypt is notorious for this.
Killing and going after the Coptic Community, who are related to Ancient Egyptians.
They were there before the Arabs and are not Arabs.

Are the Copts armed ?

@ Egyptian, do you know ?

osoab
27th January 2011, 07:32 PM
US Supports Mubarak as Thousands Call For His Ouster (http://www.opednews.com/articles/US-Supports-Mubarak-as-Tho-by-TheRealNews-Networ-110127-278.html)

The police tolerated the demos for a while, but then, towards the afternoon, they dispersed the protesters with tear gas, rubber bullets, water hoses. However, the protesters managed to regroup again in side streets. Later in the day, the government interrupted access to online news sites and Twitter and jammed the cell phone signals in downtown Cairo, which are all measures that show the Egyptian government is perhaps more alarmed than it is admitting, since President Hosni Mubarak's regime generally allows such outbursts and venting, rather than giving real political concessions.

It'll take much, much more effort and many more protests to even shake the Egyptian regime, simply because the police and military are much more unified and supportive of Mubarak's regime, and they widely benefit from it as well [snip] said -- Tweets that said policemen were saying we'd like to join you but we can't. I don't think that is significant of the entire police corps. There are just so much more policemen than there are protesters. Tough, the protesters were outnumbered today; even today, when there were thousands on the streets, still they were outnumbered by black-clad policemen in anti-riot gear. I just believe that the policemen would be too afraid

hoarder
27th January 2011, 07:39 PM
@ Hoarder, Egypt is brutal and they already did that before this, they will go after lesser targets now.
They will do that in more advanced countries like USA.

The Christians of Egpyt are going to be attacked, Egypt is notorious for this.I can imagine the donmeh are promoting that, Muslims killing Christians is the kind of event that the US jewsmedia can spin into "Islam is our greatest threat" and set the war drums rolling.

Olmstein
27th January 2011, 07:39 PM
Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen; who's next, Saudi Arabia?

Waves of Unrest Spread to Yemen, Shaking a Region

Thousands of protesters on Thursday took to the streets of Yemen, one of the Middle East’s most impoverished countries, and secular and Islamist Egyptian opposition leaders vowed to join large protests expected Friday as calls for change rang across the Arab world.

The Yemeni protests were another moment of tumult in a region whose aging order of American-backed governments appears to be staggering. In a span of just weeks, Tunisia’s government has fallen, Egypt’s appears shaken and countries like Jordan and Yemen are bracing against demands of movements with divergent goals but similar means.

Protests led by young people entered a third day in Egypt, where Mohamed ElBaradei, the Nobel laureate who has become an outspoken opponent of President Hosni Mubarak, returned in hopes of galvanizing the campaign. The Muslim Brotherhood, long Egypt’s largest organized opposition, ended days of official inaction and said it would join the Friday protests, declaring “a day of rage for the Egyptian nation.”

Dr. ElBaradei called on Mr. Mubarak to step down. “He has served the country for 30 years, and it is about time for him to retire,” he told Reuters. “Tomorrow is going to be, I think, a major demonstration all over Egypt and I will be there with them.”

Though a relative calm settled on Cairo, smoke rose over the city of Suez, as sometimes violent protests continued there.

In Yemen, organizers vowed to continue protests on Friday and for weeks to come until the 32-year-old American-backed government of Ali Abdullah Saleh either fell or consented to reforms.

At least visually, the scenes broadcast across the region from Yemen were reminiscent of the events in Egypt and the month of protests that brought down the government in Tunisia. But as they climaxed by midday, they appeared to be carefully organized and mostly peaceful, save for some arrests. Pink — be it in the form of headbands, sashes or banners — was the dominant color; organizers described it as the symbol of the day’s protests.

“To Jidda, oh Ali!” some shouted, in reference to the city in Saudi Arabia where Tunisia’s president fled this month. “The people’s demand is the fall of the government!”

“We are telling them either he delivers real political reforms or we’re going to deliver him out of power,” said Shawki al-Qadi, an opposition lawmaker and organizer of the Yemeni protests. “He’s closed all the doors of hope. The only glimmer is in the streets.”

Link (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/28/world/middleeast/28unrest.html)

ShortJohnSilver
27th January 2011, 07:50 PM
Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen; who's next, Saudi Arabia?

Nice set of oil wells you've got here, shame if anything should happen to it...

My guess: taps will be turned on and oil will drop, drop, drop to maybe $40 or less per gallon, just in time to keep prices low and have a strong enough economic rebound that the sheeple will vote for a 2nd Obama term...

mick silver
27th January 2011, 08:22 PM
they will do the same here when they think they need to it just a start of whats to come . welcome to the great ussa

Buddha
27th January 2011, 08:40 PM
Here's some live-leak videos of the Egyptian riots...

http://www.liveleak.com/browse?q=egypt&search=Search

...Back on the American media front... Obama campaigns for 2nd term.

I always find these riots disheartening. It's always like stone age slaves are revolting against a contemporary technological force. A few stones against thugs in full tactical gear, gas grenades, high power hoses, APCs, and rubber bullets. And if the state gets a little more tired of that shit out come the automatic weapons and god know what else.

Bullion_Bob
27th January 2011, 08:49 PM

::)

vacuum
27th January 2011, 09:02 PM
If they cut the web here I'd know the time has come....a data blackout would make me much more dangerous.

Cobalt
27th January 2011, 09:26 PM
If they cut the web here I'd know the time has come....a data blackout would make me much more dangerous.

I seldom have the TV on but the net is on here most times, if it disappears it will alert me to immediately check out why.

Sparky
27th January 2011, 09:28 PM
If they cut the Web here, the GSUS meet-up plan is to meet at your state capital building on the 15th of the month. Display something recognizable to another GSUSer.

Book
27th January 2011, 09:33 PM
Display something recognizable to another GSUSer.

http://fusco.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/untitled-34.jpg

:D

ShortJohnSilver
27th January 2011, 09:39 PM

Hmmph, most of us have 4 fingers and a thumb on each hand ...

How about a silver round in the hand?

Buddha
27th January 2011, 09:45 PM
Hmmph, most of us have 4 fingers and a thumb on each hand ...

How about a silver round in the hand?

Might need something a little more inconspicuous

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_UnhIGSIZUtvqKuwOoH_bMEKxIPYj-UoHvFsYnaSjyKWBwE0d

Just subtlety mention something about a "great value"

ximmy
27th January 2011, 10:47 PM

Naughty boy :lol

DMac
28th January 2011, 07:01 AM
Egyptian security officials say Nobel Peace laureate and major opposition figure Mohamed ElBaradei under house arrest

11 minutes ago via breakingnews.com

chad
28th January 2011, 07:22 AM
al jazeera says syria just shut it off now. jordan is next.

BillBoard
28th January 2011, 07:24 AM
WE should learn from this.

1. Have an alternative plan of communications if the Net is shut down.

2. Have a list and picture of all elected officials and distribute it widely.

... on and on, add yours...

sirgonzo420
28th January 2011, 07:27 AM
If they cut the Web here, the GSUS meet-up plan is to meet at your state capital building on the 15th of the month. Display something recognizable to another GSUSer.

We should have a meet-up plan.

uncletonoose
28th January 2011, 07:29 AM
Perhaps cell phones will be next? Whatever the outcome, there will be no stopping. The dominoes have started falling.

DMac
28th January 2011, 07:29 AM
Live feed from Egypt

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

1. Gov underestimated potential size of protests
2. Cairo - Army greeted by protesters - asking for protection from police
3. Suez - main police building on fire
4. Tanks now in capitol
5. Now implementing curfew - 6pm - 7am, 30 minutes away from enforcement across all Egypt

NOOB
28th January 2011, 07:37 AM
On a good note The KFC is still open and serving chicken.(as per video in the op)

DMac
28th January 2011, 07:52 AM
Per the Al Jazeera feed, Police are knocking on the door to the news station. They are claiming police are there now, might be shutting them down.

DMac
28th January 2011, 07:58 AM
Egyptian state media: Mubarak has asked the military to assist police in enforcing the curfew which is about to start.

Mubarak to address the nation shortly.

Dogman
28th January 2011, 08:02 AM
Live feed from Egypt

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

1. Gov underestimated potential size of protests
2. Cairo - Army greeted by protesters - asking for protection from police
3. Suez - main police building on fire
4. Tanks now in capitol
5. Now implementing curfew - 6pm - 7am, 30 minutes away from enforcement across all Egypt

Here is another link.

http://www.youtube.com/aljazeeraenglish

DMac
28th January 2011, 08:05 AM
Thanks Dogman, that's got another view

Dogman
28th January 2011, 08:08 AM
Maybe also a different location? Watching both now.

Edit: my link is not live. recording

DMac
28th January 2011, 08:28 AM
Groton Guard detachment is heading to Egypt (http://www.theday.com/article/20110124/NWS09/301249955/-1/nws)

Groton - Connecticut National Guard Detachment 2, Company I, 185th Aviation Regiment of Groton has mobilized and will deploy to the Sinai Peninsula, Egypt, to support the Multinational Force and Observers.

The unit left Connecticut Jan. 15 for Fort Benning, Ga., for further training and validation. The unit operates C-23C Sherpa aircraft and has deployed three times in the last seven years in support of the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The unit will provide an on-demand aviation asset to the Multinational Force and Observers commander to support its mission of supervising the security provisions of the Egypt/ Israel Peace Treaty.

Chief Warrant Officer Four James Smith of Ivoryton commands the aviation unit.

Book
28th January 2011, 08:37 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Task_Force_Sinai

MNeagle
28th January 2011, 08:40 AM
This Is What It Looks Like When An Entire Country Leaves The Internet

Yes, Egypt did shut off the internet, as scattered reports indicated.

Internet monitoring firm Renesys explains:

Confirming what a few have reported this evening: in an action unprecedented in Internet history, the Egyptian government appears to have ordered service providers to shut down all international connections to the Internet. Critical European-Asian fiber-optic routes through Egypt appear to be unaffected for now. But every Egyptian provider, every business, bank, Internet cafe, website, school, embassy, and government office that relied on the big four Egyptian ISPs for their Internet connectivity is now cut off from the rest of the world. Link Egypt, Vodafone/Raya, Telecom Egypt, Etisalat Misr, and all their customers and partners are, for the moment, off the air.

At 22:34 UTC (00:34am local time), Renesys observed the virtually simultaneous withdrawal of all routes to Egyptian networks in the Internet's global routing table. Approximately 3,500 individual BGP routes were withdrawn, leaving no valid paths by which the rest of the world could continue to exchange Internet traffic with Egypt's service providers. Virtually all of Egypt's Internet addresses are now unreachable, worldwide.

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4d42b4cc49e2aea3462f0000/egypt.png

http://www.businessinsider.com/egyptian-internet-disconnect-2011-1#ixzz1CLggJGQi

Dogman
28th January 2011, 09:54 AM
Slightly off topic.

I am going to call a military take over in Egypt and the old
government tossed out on its ear.

Lets see how fast President Hosni Mubarak leaves stage
left.

DMac
28th January 2011, 09:56 AM
Slightly off topic.

I am going to call a military take over in Egypt and the old
government tossed out on its ear.

Lets see how fast President Hosni Mubarak leaves stage
left.

I think Egypt as we knew it has changed. It is a pivot point for the whole Middle East. All reports so far (anecdotal) indicate the military is supporting the people.

DMac
28th January 2011, 10:03 AM
Al Jazeera: unconfirmed reports that the army and police forces have clashes in Cairo

mick silver
28th January 2011, 10:08 AM
dam ... it look bad over there . i wonder how many more places in the middle east this take holed

DMac
28th January 2011, 10:09 AM
dam ... it look bad over there . i wonder how many more places in the middle east this take holed

So far...

Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Yemen... dominos

DMac
28th January 2011, 10:13 AM
Iran cleric: Mideast unrest replay of our 1979 Islamic revolution (http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/iran-cleric-mideast-unrest-replay-of-our-1979-islamic-revolution-1.339796)

Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami said protests in Egypt, Tunisia show the era of 'Western-backed dictators' in the Arab world is over.

Book
28th January 2011, 10:15 AM
http://www.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20100516&t=2&i=108043703&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2010-05-16T094219Z_01_BTRE64F0QYN00_RTROPTP_0_ISRAEL-HOSPITAL

Israel is kinda surrounded now by pissed-off Mooslims...ha ha.

DMac
28th January 2011, 10:36 AM
Egypt: Israeli Embassy Staff Pulled Out Of Cairo
January 28, 2011 1821 GMT
The entire staff of Israel's Embassy in Cairo has left via helicopter, BBC reported Jan. 28.

DMac
28th January 2011, 10:39 AM
Al Arabiya TV correspondent says that protesters have stormed the Egyptian state television building. As of now station is still broadcasting.

DMac
28th January 2011, 11:10 AM
One U.S. Corporation's Role in Egypt's Brutal Crackdown (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/timothy-karr/one-us-corporations-role-_b_815281.html)

Cobalt
28th January 2011, 11:11 AM
They can shut the net down but images will always find a way out, these appear dated for today 01/28/11

http://english.aljazeera.net/mritems/Images/2011/1/28/2011128131736918371_8.jpg

http://english.aljazeera.net/mritems/Images/2011/1/28/20111281353816833_8.jpg

DMac
28th January 2011, 11:12 AM
Twitter pic from Cairo:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/232088808.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1296242874&Signature=Tte%2FKvwUd25oQ9BQKPXUXGimSOU%3D

DMac
28th January 2011, 11:13 AM
Check out this video
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-546039?on.cnn=1

midnight rambler
28th January 2011, 11:37 AM
http://www.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20100516&t=2&i=108043703&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2010-05-16T094219Z_01_BTRE64F0QYN00_RTROPTP_0_ISRAEL-HOSPITAL

Israel is kinda surrounded now by pissed-off Mooslims...ha ha.

Not a problem, there's always the Samson Option.

Neuro
28th January 2011, 11:48 AM
Check out this video
Wow the police in great numbers are backing down...

JDRock
28th January 2011, 11:51 AM
...funny...discord in all surrounding arab countries ,create the opportunity to invade iran without arab "interference".....

DMac
28th January 2011, 11:53 AM
...funny...discord in all surrounding arab countries ,create the opportunity to invade iran without arab "interference".....

I strongly disagree JD. Izzy going full chutzpah and attacking Iran now would lead to a United States of Middle East Muslims coalition and ignite armaggeddon.

Then again, that might be the plan

JDRock
28th January 2011, 12:17 PM
i hope to GOD your right dmac. ^^^^

osoab
28th January 2011, 12:28 PM

I strongly disagree JD. Izzy going full chutzpah and attacking Iran now would lead to a United States of Middle East Muslims coalition and ignite armaggeddon.

They have been using quotes from Iranians likening these "revolutions" to the Iranian Revolution. The rhetoric about Iranian backed Hezbollah controlling Lebanon has been spouted quite a bit lately by the neo-cons. I think the Iranian rhetoric is being used more to propagate scary muzzie syndrome to the masses. They are just about the only M.E. nation where we don't have some sort of direct influence. Iran is the only country left in the M.E. to puppet around as the boogie man. This is why I think Iran continues to be a diversion.

It does seem about time for the North Koreans to start stirring up some trouble. They have been quite for a while.

Neuro
28th January 2011, 12:41 PM

Yes for Izzy Egypt really is the key I think, if Egypt goes as an Israeli ally, they will be in deep trouble. Thus we saw El Baradei rushing back to Egypt, he was probably given house arrest to give him some street cred. He is less pro-Israel than Mubarak, but he is infinitely less anti-Israel than anyone who takes power after a revolution, and he will play with the west. He is the sock puppet the western powers (read the Rothschild gang) believes will have enough popular support to take over power, and stabilize Egypt, I don't think so!

osoab
28th January 2011, 12:47 PM
i hope to GOD your right dmac. ^^^^

GoD got banned. I wouldn't hope to hard. :D

mick silver
28th January 2011, 12:55 PM
i see were the police are joning the posters

ximmy
28th January 2011, 01:07 PM
Check out this video

It's insane... Go people... Power to the people!!!!

Down1
28th January 2011, 02:46 PM
mostly a recap of what's discussed herein, except for the Joe "I am a zionist" Biden interview today:

Egypt’s Internet is Down – Joe Biden Claims Mubarak is no “Dictator” and Wants Him To Stay (http://beforeitsnews.com/story/381/502/Egypts_Internet_is_Down_Joe_Biden_Claims_Mubarak_i s_no_Dictator_and_Wants_Him_To_Stay.html)

Joe sums up what it's all about

Asked if he would characterize Mubarak as a dictator Biden responded: “Mubarak has been an ally of ours in a number of things. And he’s been very responsible on, relative to geopolitical interest in the region, the Middle East peace efforts; the actions Egypt has taken relative to normalizing relationship with – with Israel. … I would not refer to him as a dictator.”

Buddha
28th January 2011, 02:53 PM

Joe sums up what it's all about

Asked if he would characterize Mubarak as a dictator Biden responded: “Mubarak has been an ally of ours in a number of things. And he’s been very responsible on, relative to geopolitical interest in the region, the Middle East peace efforts; the actions Egypt has taken relative to normalizing relationship with – with Israel. … I would not refer to him as a dictator.”

Biden saying that Mubarak is not a dictator because he is a Zio puppet is ridiculous. The sheep must not know the definition of dictator.

dictator
n
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy)
a. a ruler who is not effectively restricted by a constitution, laws, recognized opposition, etc.
b. an absolute, esp tyrannical, ruler
2. (Historical Terms) (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (in ancient Rome) a person appointed during a crisis to exercise supreme authority
3. a person who makes pronouncements, as on conduct, fashion, etc., which are regarded as authoritative
4. a person who behaves in an authoritarian or tyrannical manner

But then again, there is ALOT that the sheep do not understand. Word definitions being the tip of the iceberg.

nunaem
28th January 2011, 02:58 PM

How popular is pan-Islamism? This would make the Muslim world a force to be reckoned with, but it goes against its fragmentary nature.

osoab
28th January 2011, 03:02 PM
Biden saying that Mubarak is not a dictator because he is a Zio puppet is ridiculous. The sheep must not know the definition of dictator.

dictator
n
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy)
a. a ruler who is not effectively restricted by a constitution, laws, recognized opposition, etc.
b. an absolute, esp tyrannical, ruler
2. (Historical Terms) (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (in ancient Rome) a person appointed during a crisis to exercise supreme authority
3. a person who makes pronouncements, as on conduct, fashion, etc., which are regarded as authoritative
4. a person who behaves in an authoritarian or tyrannical manner

But then again, there is ALOT that the sheep do not understand. Word definitions being the tip of the iceberg.

"Does that mean high definition?" :oo-->

hoarder
28th January 2011, 05:34 PM
This article is about the Kosher Royal Family of Saudi Arabia but should shine some light on Mubarekstein.

http://pakalert.wordpress.com/2008/12/24/zionist-rulers-of-saudi-arabia/

Twisted Titan
29th January 2011, 03:26 AM
Many in Egypt are accusing Mohamed ElBaradei of being a latecomer but in the end flight MS 798 from Vienna landed in Cairo 15 minutes ahead of schedule, carrying with it a man ready to assume the presidency.

Egypt's beleaguered regime was waiting. Dozens of metal traffic barriers manned by plainclothes state security officers had been erected throughout the terminal to block the public from mobbing ElBaradei when he arrived, but they proved no match for the media scrum as the 68-year-old emerged with his wife. "Will you be on the streets tomorrow?" screamed one journalist. "Doctor ElBaradei, the people of Egypt need you tomorrow," yelled a passer-by in Arabic

Has anybody else heard anything on this???

I hope this info didnt get sucked down the rabbit hole.

T

osoab
29th January 2011, 04:46 AM
In careful words, White House praises ElBaradei and opposes house arrest (http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gRgItESmKJxcIHOJtZRa5cMtFZPg?docId=5791136)

WASHINGTON — The White House is praising Egyptian opposition leader Mohamed ElBaradei and saying the government's policy of keeping him under house arrest has to change.

ElBaradei was confined after joining the protests that have erupted this week against President Hosni Mubarak.

Press secretary Robert Gibbs said on Friday that President Barack Obama knows his fellow Nobel Peace Prize laureate well and has worked with ElBaradei on nuclear proliferation issues.

Asked if ElBaradei's house arrest should be ended, Gibbs replied, "These are the type of activities that the government has a responsibility to change."

osoab
29th January 2011, 06:13 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UfBePUbn2Us/TSzxkV1uddI/AAAAAAAAHws/FdEhm-tS36U/s400/remaincalm-01.jpg

Egypt's reserves strong, banks liquid - c.bank (http://af.reuters.com/article/egyptNews/idAFLDE70S09O20110129)

CAIRO Jan 29 (Reuters) - Egypt's central bank's reserves are strong, banks are liquid and any capital flight by foreign investor "hot money" will be short-lived, the deputy governor said on Saturday, adding banks would stay closed on Sunday.

The comments follow five days of political unrest and protests calling for President Hosni Mubarak to quit.

"All the accounts are safe. The liquidity is there. The banks are liquid. The customer accounts are safe. Everything is in order. We have no problem," Central Bank Deputy Governor Hisham Ramez told Reuters.

"We are ready. Our reserves are very strong. We have no problem," he said of the bank's reserves which stood at $36 billion at the end of December. He also said the bank did not intervene in the currency market in the past week. (Writing by Edmund Blair)

osoab
29th January 2011, 06:26 AM
Anyone watching Al Jazerra. I keep seeing posts about them shutting all banks down.

http://tickerforum.org/akcs-www?post=178620

osoab
29th January 2011, 06:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb1ErDLSiKk&feature=player_embedded

Hundreds of anti-government protesters returned to the streets of central Cairo on Saturday, chanting slogans against Hosni Mubarak, just hours after the Egyptian president fired his Cabinet and promised reforms but refused to step down. (Jan. 29)

Looks like more than hundreds to me.

osoab
29th January 2011, 06:33 AM
Al Jazeera English page for Egypt. (http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/spotlight/anger-in-egypt/)

Al Jazeera Egypt Tweets. (http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/01/201112523026521335.html)

Twisted Titan
29th January 2011, 06:54 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UfBePUbn2Us/TSzxkV1uddI/AAAAAAAAHws/FdEhm-tS36U/s400/remaincalm-01.jpg

Egypt's reserves strong, banks liquid - c.bank (http://af.reuters.com/article/egyptNews/idAFLDE70S09O20110129)

CAIRO Jan 29 (Reuters) - Egypt's central bank's reserves are strong, banks are liquid and any capital flight by foreign investor "hot money" will be short-lived, the deputy governor said on Saturday, adding banks would stay closed on Sunday.

The comments follow five days of political unrest and protests calling for President Hosni Mubarak to quit.

"All the accounts are safe. The liquidity is there. The banks are liquid. The customer accounts are safe. Everything is in order. We have no problem," Central Bank Deputy Governor Hisham Ramez told Reuters.

"We are ready. Our reserves are very strong. We have no problem," he said of the bank's reserves which stood at $36 billion at the end of December. He also said the bank did not intervene in the currency market in the past week. (Writing by Edmund Blair)

"The last duty of a central banker is to tell the truth." --Former fed Governor Alan blinder

osoab
29th January 2011, 07:48 AM
Anyone watching Al Jazerra. I keep seeing posts about them shutting all banks down.

http://tickerforum.org/akcs-www?post=178620

Protests force Egypt bank and market shutdown (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/markets/8290325/Protests-force-Egypt-bank-and-market-shutdown.html)

Egypt's banks will be closed on Sunday, the first day of the country's business week, the deputy central bank governor said, a move analysts said could spook investors looking to trade after unprecedented countrywide protests.

Ramez said banks would close on Sunday, adding: "It is just a precaution until banks are ready to start work on Monday."

He did not comment on the unrest.

Egypt's stock market, which tumbled 16pc in two days after the unrest erupted, will also be closed on Sunday. The Egyptian pound fell to six-year lows.

more at link

Cobalt
29th January 2011, 10:09 AM
Reports coming in that at least 17 police stations have been looted in Cairo

http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/00374/ALBY_MIDEAST_EGYPT__374007f.jpg

osoab
29th January 2011, 10:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThvBJMzmSZI&feature=player_embedded

Ponce
29th January 2011, 01:44 PM
Watching Al Jazeera all day and is a copy of what happened in Cuba the first week when Castro took over in 1959........love it.

I did arrested a criminal cop who was pretending to be a civilian but his foot wear, belt, clean shave and hair cut gave him away........idiot.

osoab
29th January 2011, 03:50 PM
Hosni Mubarak wealth goes beyond 40 Billion Dollars (http://www.jpnews-sy.com/en/news.php?id=709)

Jouhina News:

(Alkhabar) Newspaper Algerian is widely supported by the figures on the wealth of all Egyptian President, said sources by President’s member of Hosni Mubarak’s family, and his wife, Mrs. Suzanne Mubarak and his two sons, (Gamal and Alaa), who own more than 40 billion dollars properties and assets in banks and U.S. institutional investors and banks in Switzerland and Britain.

The paper's sources that Jamal Mubarak, Assistant Secretary-General of the ruling National Democratic Party in Egypt, has its own wealth is estimated at 17 billion dollars spread over several banking institutions in Switzerland, Germany and the United States and Britain, where he has the current account secret bank’ UBS'' Swiss account in second in the Swiss bank is another''ACM'', the distribution of wealth across several investment funds in the United States and Britain, including Bristol Foundation and Real Estate British, the Foundation for Financial Data''Surf'', which manages mutual funds.

osoab
29th January 2011, 04:17 PM
Saudi Stock Exchange Plummets 6% (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/saudi-stock-exchange-plummets-6)

Not many exchanges are open on Saturday. But the one that matters in a contagionary light sure was. And the drubbing it took was not pretty. "Saudi Arabia's stock exchange tumbled by over 6 percent on Saturday, setting the stage for other regional markets to drop as concerns mounted about the violent protests in Egypt.

mike88
29th January 2011, 04:40 PM
HMMMMM, HAVING SOME KRUGGERANDS IN HAND, OR A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT DURING A REVOLUTION, AND I WANT TO LEAVE QUICKLY. aDVICE FROM MEMBERS PLEASE.

MNeagle
29th January 2011, 04:46 PM
HMMMMM, HAVING SOME KRUGGERANDS IN HAND, OR A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT DURING A REVOLUTION, AND I WANT TO LEAVE QUICKLY. aDVICE FROM MEMBERS PLEASE.

19 private planes arrive in Dubai from Egypt (http://www.finviz.com/image.ashx?dow&rev=634318172647873750)

osoab
29th January 2011, 04:50 PM
RT @MelissaTweets: RT @southsalem: Unconfirmed RT @Melshamy: Israel's Channel 10 claims Mubarak fled 2 Switzerland w/ a private jet (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/t/unconfirmed-israels-chann_1_31112277780340736.html)

This has been out for a while. I have yet to see any confirmation.

osoab
29th January 2011, 04:54 PM
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/29/latest-developments-in-egypt-protests/

[Update 1:50 a.m. Cairo, 6:50 p.m. ET] - Roughly 1,000 prisoners have escaped from Prison Demu in Fayoum, southwest of Cairo, state-run Nile TV reported early Sunday. The inmates are "on the streets causing chaos and families are scared," according to Nile TV.

mike88
29th January 2011, 05:03 PM
LIKE WHEN CONGRESS GOES ON "FACT FINDING" TRIPS WORLDWIDE. CRIMS ON THE LOOSE!!

Cobalt
29th January 2011, 05:08 PM
Looting Mickey D's :oo-->

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e20147e21ab859970b-800wi

Book
29th January 2011, 05:10 PM
Roughly 1,000 prisoners have escaped from Prison Demu in Fayoum, southwest of Cairo, state-run Nile TV reported early Sunday.

Cute strategy for Mubarak to empty the jails and prisons and mental hospitals...lol.

Buddha
29th January 2011, 05:34 PM
Looting Mickey D's :oo-->

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e20147e21ab859970b-800wi

Can I haz cheezburger?? :lol

osoab
29th January 2011, 05:41 PM
AymanM (http://twitter.com/AymanM) profile

AymanM 6,000 prisoners escape from #Abu Zaabel prison #egypt #jan25 (via phone)

osoab
29th January 2011, 05:45 PM
The Egyptian Unrest: A Special Report (http://www.stratfor.com/analysis/20110129-the-egyptian-unrest-a-special-report)

After three decades of Mubarak rule, a window of opportunity has opened for various political forces — from the moderate to the extreme — that preferred to keep the spotlight on the liberal face of the demonstrations while they maneuver from behind. As the Iranian Revolution of 1979 taught, the ideology and composition of protesters can wind up having very little to do with the political forces that end up in power. Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood (MB) understands well the concerns the United States, Israel and others share over a political vacuum in Cairo being filled by Islamists. The MB so far is proceeding cautiously, taking care to help sustain the demonstrations by relying on the MB’s well-established social services to provide food and aid to the protesters. It simultaneously is calling for elections that would politically enable the MB. With Egypt in a state of crisis and the armed forces stepping in to manage that crisis, however, elections are nowhere near assured. What is now in question is what groups like the Muslim Brotherhood and others are considering should they fear that their historic opportunity could be slipping.

One thing that has become clear in the past several hours is a trend that STRATFOR has been following for some time in Egypt, namely, the military’s growing clout in the political affairs of the state. Former air force chief and outgoing civil aviation minister Ahmed Shafiq, who worked under Mubarak’s command in the air force (the most privileged military branch in Egypt), has been appointed prime minister and tasked with forming the new government. Outgoing Intelligence Chief Omar Suleiman, who has long stood by Mubarak, is now vice president, a spot that has been vacant for the past 30 years. Meanwhile, Defense Minister Field Marshal Mohammed Hussein Tantawi (who oversees the Republican Guard) and Egypt’s chief of staff of the armed forces, Lt. Gen. Sami Annan — who returned to Cairo Jan. 29 after a week of intense discussions with senior U.S. officials — are likely managing the political process behind the scenes. More political shuffles are expected, and the military appears willing for now to give Mubarak the time to arrange his political exit. Until Mubarak finally does leave, the unrest in the streets is unlikely to subside, raising the question of just how much more delay from Mubarak the armed forces will tolerate.

But there remains a deep-seated fear among the military elite that the historic opening could well include a cabal of colonels looking to address a long-subdued grievance against the state, particularly its foreign policy vis-à-vis the United States and Israel. The midranking officers have the benefit of having the most direct interaction — and thus the strongest links — with their military subordinates, unlike the generals who command and observe from a politically dangerous distance. With enough support behind them, midranking officers could see their superiors as one and the same as Mubarak and his regime, and could use the current state of turmoil to steer Egypt’s future.

This report may be forwarded or republished on your website with attribution to www.stratfor.com

More at the link. The quoted part seemed interesting.

Book
29th January 2011, 05:49 PM
But there remains a deep-seated fear among the military elite that the historic opening could well include a cabal of colonels looking to address a long-subdued grievance against the state, particularly its foreign policy vis-à-vis the United States and Israel.

There it is.

osoab
29th January 2011, 06:12 PM
Agenda: With George Friedman on Egypt (http://www.stratfor.com/analysis/20110128-agenda-george-friedman-egypt)

Colin: If this is a military coup or an army officer steps up to the plate, what then?

George: Well, the military is in power in Egypt. Mubarak is a military man. Sadat was a military man. Nasser was a military man. If the military stays in power, in selecting one of its own to be president, I think everything stays in place and that would mean that the regime survives. It’s far more significant if the normal succession within the framework of the military doesn’t happen. One of the reasons that Gamal Mubarak was not going to be allowed by the military to take power is that he wasn’t part of the military the same way his father was. He wasn’t trusted by them. So, the issue here is a succession within the framework of the military. A sort of military coup in which case the military takes much more direct and open power, which it really doesn’t need to. So what we’re really asking here is the geopolitics of the Middle East has been built on the American-Egyptian-Israeli relationship certainly since 1977 — and perhaps before that. Is that about to change? If that changes, it has enormous consequences. But at this moment, I mean we know that the media will get breathlessly excited over any demonstrations anywhere especially that include twittering, that doesn’t mean anything yet.

Read more: Agenda: With George Friedman on Egypt | STRATFOR

osoab
30th January 2011, 05:30 AM
http://twitter.com/sultanalqassemi

The now arrested General Habib El Adly (born 1938) served as Egypt's widely despised Minister of Interior since 1997. 11 minutes ago via web

# ANOTHER EXCLUSIVE: Very reliable source from Egypt: Habib Al Adly authorized snipers yesterday to shoot at protesters. (NOT in the news yet) 19 minutes ago via web

# EXCLUSIVE: Very reliable source from Egypt: Habib Al Adly was arrested for opening the doors to all jail cells yesterday so chaos ensues. 20 minutes ago via web

Breaking Al Hurra: Egyptian Army: (corrupt NDP thug) Ahmed Ezz & (corrupt) Minister of Interior Habib Al Adly will be tried in court. 26 minutes ago via web

osoab
30th January 2011, 05:33 AM
http://twitter.com/shadihamid

Apparently, these captured documents say that authorization of shoot-to-kill orders will come at 12 pm tonight #jan25 #Egypt 20 minutes ago via web

# Egypt friend called me to say brother & others got into tank & found documents describing military strategy - 'al amaliya al shamila' #jan25 23 minutes ago via Tweetie for Mac

# An opposition figure in #Egypt called me, in tears, telling me he's hearing army will receive orders to shoot to kill tonight #jan25 27 minutes ago via Tweetie for Mac

osoab
30th January 2011, 05:44 AM
I have been reading some things about the Egyptian and Israeli armies fighting Hamas together in the Sinai. Trying to protect the border.

Some Escaped prisoners are heading into Gaza (they are Hamas). Hamas won't let people from Gaza escape into Egypt.

Some other chatter that Mubarak is @ his palace in Sharm el Sheik. This were his vacation home is. Apparently this place is a tourist spot for VIP's. There is a heavily secured area located here.

kregener
30th January 2011, 05:46 AM
Mubarak is the President, not the 'dictator'.

Believe it or not, they are a Republic, but Mubarak is currently serving his fifth term in office (28 years), so he might as well be a dictator.

osoab
30th January 2011, 05:51 AM
http://twitter.com/evanchill

# Jets just did another fly-by, even lower and louder. Sending a nice signal there. #jan25 half a minute ago via HootSuite

# Jets just flew low over Cairo. Women looking out from their windows and balconies nearby. #jan25 2 minutes ago via HootSuite

osoab
30th January 2011, 06:01 AM

Believe it or not, they are a Republic, but Mubarak is currently serving his fifth term in office (28 years), so he might as well be a dictator.

Huh? :conf:

They are not a Republic. The military has always been in control of Egypt in our times. Sadat, Nasser, & Mubarak all came from the military. Mubarak just filled the Vice-Presidency post for the 1st time in 30yrs. The guy who was picked was the Intelligence Chief.

Omar Suleiman Named Egypt Vice President As Protests Continue (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/29/omar-suleiman-egypt-vice-_n_815805.html)

Mubarak named his intelligence chief of nearly two decades and close confidant Omar Suleiman, state television reported.

This will end when the military gets itself resituated. The only question is will it lean to Israeli-American side, go Muslim extremist, or something out of left field. I figure it will go with the 1st option. ElBaradei is the NWO puppet that is being touted in the west.

osoab
30th January 2011, 06:04 AM
From the Al Jazeera twitter feed page.

evanchill These jets keep circling, and they're not getting any softer. Just set a car alarm off. #jan25 2 minutes ago · reply

AymanM #egypt protesters at Tahrir Sq see fighter jets as attempt to intimidate them, waving arms while looking up and chating “Get out!” #jan25 3 minutes ago · reply

nolanjazeera Fighter jets now streaking across the skies of downtown Cairo as curfew approaches #Egypt (via phone) 6 minutes ago · reply

AymanM 2 #egyptian airforce fighter planes currently flying above crowds at #Tahrir Square, defiant chants and roars from protesters #jan25 (phone) 6 minutes ago · reply

osoab
30th January 2011, 06:08 AM
It's just past curfew in Egypt now.

Reports that helicopters are flying low over the city and army trucks entering the square.

Damn, I wonder if they decide to shoot.

osoab
30th January 2011, 06:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnYYUhc4IMQ

kregener
30th January 2011, 06:31 AM
CIA World Factbook (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/eg.html)

Country name:

conventional long form: Arab Republic of Egypt
conventional short form: Egypt
local long form: Jumhuriyat Misr al-Arabiyah
local short form: Misr
former: United Arab Republic (with Syria)

Government type:

republic

osoab
30th January 2011, 06:45 AM
CIA World Factbook (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/eg.html)

Country name:

conventional long form: Arab Republic of Egypt
conventional short form: Egypt
local long form: Jumhuriyat Misr al-Arabiyah
local short form: Misr
former: United Arab Republic (with Syria)

Government type:

republic

Same source

Venezuela (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ve.html)

Country name:
conventional long form: Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
conventional short form: Venezuela
local long form: Republica Bolivariana de Venezuela
local short form: Venezuela
Government type:
federal republic

Just because we are told it is a republic, doesn't make it so.

osoab
30th January 2011, 06:48 AM
From Al Jazeera

AymanM Helicopter thought to be part of presidential fleet flying very low above crowd at Tahrir Square #egypt #jan25 about 1 minute ago · reply

AJELive In Tahrir Square AJE correspondent just saw soldier pull a woman, child w/ #Egypt flag on top of his tank. Dancing/waving to chants/cheering

AJELive Helicopters flying over crowds in Tahrir Square- AJE correspondent says crowd cheers every time the helicopters come close. #Egypt #Jan25 3 minutes ago · reply

kregener
30th January 2011, 06:50 AM
Country name:

conventional long form: United States of America
conventional short form: United States
abbreviation: US or USA

Government type:

Constitution-based federal republic; strong democratic tradition

Ain't that the truth...

osoab
30th January 2011, 06:51 AM
;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9r8LMU9bQ&feature=player_embedded

osoab
30th January 2011, 06:52 AM
From the Al Jazeera tweets.

AJELive #Egypt army has just told the crowd gathering at Tahrir Square that military will not go against the people #Jan25 #aljazeera 2 minutes ago · reply

Interesting development.

Book
30th January 2011, 07:41 AM

Last election he won 98% of the vote.

kregener
30th January 2011, 07:57 AM
but Mubarak is currently serving his fifth term in office (28 years), so he might as well be a dictator.

Right. That is what I am saying. Dictator.

And the U.S. government throws about $2 billion a year in tax-slave-extorted dollars at him.

Ron Paul is SPOT ON.

osoab
30th January 2011, 08:49 AM
:ROFL:

Fox News graphics department has shaky grasp of Mideast geography (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200907270040)

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/images/item/live-20090727.jpg

This has been popping up lately.

kregener
30th January 2011, 08:50 AM
LOL!

WTF....?!?!?!?

Dogman
30th January 2011, 08:55 AM
Well what do you expect ? Its from Fox!

osoab
30th January 2011, 08:58 AM
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3676/232654833.jpg

Serpo
30th January 2011, 09:01 AM

Fox News graphics department has shaky grasp of Mideast geography (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200907270040)

No no no thats pretty good for them....... :D

And these people inform us of what is going on in the world :morph:

PatColo
30th January 2011, 10:10 AM

No no no thats pretty good for them....... :D

And these people inform us of what is going on in the world :morph:

Hey at least they didn't really fumble the ball, by calling it "greater israel".

PatColo
30th January 2011, 10:36 AM

Ain't that the truth...

Hell we're told ad nauseum that the USA is a "republic", not a fascist dictatorship.

Same entrenched zio-luciferian party in power since at least 1963.

Fake elections (http://blackboxvoting.org), so that even a grass roots movement to force "change" through "elections" is rendered impossible, thanks to this cruel "election" hoax. Remarkably effective pacifier for the populace, though.

Incessant "World's Greatest Democracy!" propaganda from the zio-stooge politicians & corporate media.

If you're going to lie, then LIE BIG-- it's the most effective approach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lie).

osoab
30th January 2011, 11:14 AM
heyjude408 RT @TravellerW Everytime a plane flies over Tahrir, demonstrators point out & say "hey, is that Mubarak finally leaving?" #Egypt #Jan25 :-)

HipHopMannequin “@SkyNewsBreak: Egypt extends the night curfew in three major cities to 3pm-8am starting Monday, state TV reports.” < absurd

UBCIC RT @omarc: Sounds straightforward RT @arabist: http://twitpic.com/3uxnbi A protestor explains the situation in #Egypt in simple terms #Jan25 less than 20 seconds ago via HootSuite

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/233356878.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1296417295&Signature=URNVghPTU%2BaHr%2FSuDrwoouK1Lns%3D

PatColo
30th January 2011, 11:34 AM
This is a terrific, insightful interview which took place Friday- host Kevin Barrett interviews guest Alison Weir of If Americans Knew: What Every American Needs to Know About Israel/Palestine (http://www.ifamericansknew.org/). Of course the hot news was Egypt's going MUMMYOUT. Kevin opened the show noting that Egypt is the 2nd largest recipient of US-taxpayer foreign aid, after Israel. But the rub is, the moneys to Egypt are effectively further Israeli "aid", because the Egypt $ is really bribe money to get the Mubarak regime to play along with Izzy's wishes, help Izzy to successfully genocide the remaining Palestinians, etc. Besides discussing USraeli/Egyptian/Palestinian real-politiks, One of the most interesting parts of the show was where they ask, how did the zionists get so powerful? Alison reviews the laundry list of zionist interest groups operating in the US, how they operate, and the machinery behind why the average American holds such a warped/lopsided view of MidEast affairs. Obviously, USrael's PTB has an enormous stake in how the Egyptian Revolution shakes out.

Show description reads:

Alison Weir: "If Americans Knew".... (http://truthjihadradio.blogspot.com/2011/01/alison-weir-if-americans-knew.html)
Truth Jihad Radio Fri.. 1/28/11, 1-3 pm Central, American Freedom Radio

Second hour: Alison Weir, If Americans Knew, setting the record straight on the Palestinian-Zionist conflict. Several of Alison Weir's articles have been included in anthologies, and she has given briefings on Capitol Hill, presentations at the Asia Media Summit in Kuala Lumpur and at the Jerusalem Media Center Conference in the West Bank, and lectures at Harvard Law School, Yale, Stanford, Berkeley, the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, the Naval Postgraduate Institute, Georgetown, and numerous other campuses.

Direct MP3 Download (http://www.americanfreedomradio.com/archive/Truth-Jihad-32k-012811.mp3): 2 hrs 27 MBs, Alison Weir is on in the 2nd hour, so advance the MP3 to the middle, AKA the top of the 2nd hour, to listen to this interview. First hour is re chemtrails.

osoab
30th January 2011, 11:37 AM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5294/5401784474_360f1afbc6.jpg

Small Girl on Army Track, She Was Chanting: Freedom..Freedom (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ramyraoof/5401784474/)

osoab
30th January 2011, 11:49 AM
We are all Khaled Said: BBC Arabic now: Gun fire battles near head quarters of the presidential guards Army units in Masr AlGadeeda (Heliopolis) area in Cairo

osoab
30th January 2011, 12:55 PM
One of the better tweets that I have seen.

boxerhockey RT @arnettwill: Mubarak forms new government. Just another pyramid scheme? #Egypt

:lol

osoab
30th January 2011, 01:11 PM
http://twitter.com/Ssirgany

#The area surrounding Presidential Palace in Heliopolis is completely barricaded by Republic Guards & the army; tanks closing off roads
3 minutes ago via web

# The army fears about imposing curfew but is vigorously checking "violating" cars, not arresting them
3 minutes ago via web

# Streets are empty but a lot of civil and military checkpoints none on of which are on October 6 Bbridge
4 minutes ago via web

osoab
30th January 2011, 01:23 PM
Muschelschloss RT @Jan25voices: BBC: Gun fire in Tahrir Square... Army arrested some of them and are claiming they are from secret police #jan25 #jan28 #egypt half a minute ago via web

osoab
30th January 2011, 01:48 PM
emmymason RT @octavianasr: Hearing UNCONFIRMED info that the Egyptian Army getting ready to announce President Hosni Mubarak is stepping down. #Egypt #Jan25

PatColo
30th January 2011, 02:02 PM
MUMMYOUT! - Al Jazeera Reports Mubarak’s planning exile to Tel Aviv (http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/01/29/the-writing-on-the-wall%E2%80%94egyptians-will-finish-mubarak-off/)

http://karthik3685.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/mummies.jpg?w=353

osoab
30th January 2011, 03:28 PM
MUMMYOUT! - Al Jazeera Reports Mubarak’s planning exile to Tel Aviv (http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/01/29/the-writing-on-the-wall%E2%80%94egyptians-will-finish-mubarak-off/)

Pat, where did you find that link?

Is it a spoof site of Al Jazeera?

osoab
30th January 2011, 03:35 PM
melaniehaggins RT @pkray11: The only Egyptian citizen obeying the Curfew is Husni Mubarak. #Jan25 #Egypt half a minute ago via web

RamyYaacoub On phone w/ @salmanoshokaty: suburb of Rehab & El daher ran out of bread. #Jan25 #Cairo #Egypt less than 20 seconds ago via Gravity

CitizenWhy RT @BorowitzReport: Exit Strategy Update: #Mubarak says he will leave if he is given a place on the Chicago mayor ballot. #Egypt #Jan25 less than 20 seconds ago via web

OriginalKebz Without henchman Mubarak, who will the USA outsource torture to? #Jan25 #Egypt

PatColo
30th January 2011, 03:56 PM

Pat, where did you find that link?

Is it a spoof site of Al Jazeera?

found the vet'stoday link @ rense, but they source the aljaz link at the beginning,
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/articles/39/Mubaraks-planning-exile-to-Tel-Aviv.html

Horn
30th January 2011, 04:04 PM

I expect Moses to be one the scene at any moment now.

He may not be able to stem the tide this time though...

osoab
30th January 2011, 04:09 PM
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6674/233453730.jpg

osoab
30th January 2011, 04:12 PM
http://www.jpost.com/HttpHandlers/ShowImage.ashx?ID=158382

osoab
30th January 2011, 04:17 PM
While Cairo Burns, Obama Parties (http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/01/30/cairo-burns-obama-parties/)

by Keith Koffler on January 30, 2011, 12:56 pm

The Washington A-List was out in force Saturday night at the farewell party for senior adviser David Axelrod, with a roster of guests featuring Cabinet secretaries, big shot journos and – President Obama.

As revolution threatened to sweep Egypt and possibly other allies – with the horrifying prospect of Islamism replacing reliable friends – the president was on view partying with the IN crowd.

The skepticism beyond the Beltway about whether Washington is just one big Love-In certainly gets fed by the sight – as conveyed by the press pool report – of reporters like ABC’s Jake Tapper, NBC’s Chuck Todd, National Journal’s Major Garrett, and John Harwood of CNBC and the New York Times emerging from a bash with the president that was held to toast his chief political fixer and leading spinmeister.

I understand why reporters would do this – other than the admittedly pathetic notion that, gosh, it’s fun to party with the president of the United States! It is pretty good for building sources and getting inside dope. But man, it ain’t easy smacking the White House with tough stories all the time if you’re getting invited to their exclusive parties, now is it?

Also on hand were Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, Education Secretary Arne Duncan, and Energy Secretary Steven Chu. The party was at the Washington residence of Linda Douglass, the former hard-hitting ABC reporter who dropped out of journalism to spin the health care bill out of the White House. She’s now a VP at Atlantic Media.

So we have an official with a journalism outfit – Atlantic Media – HOSTING a party for the president and his consigliere.

Mrs. Obama stayed home. Good for her. Maybe she was monitoring the situation in Egypt.

PatColo
30th January 2011, 04:29 PM
Galloway Blames Mubarak For Palestinian Deaths - vid (http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/viewVideo.php?video_id=13714)

Galloway's a fraud BTW, last year he dismissed 911 Truth with the worn-out "wild conspiracy theory" broom, nice try george, no way someone in his position in 2010 could still be clinging to the official 911 CT... he's owned. :-*

osoab
30th January 2011, 04:34 PM
Cybee Arab Revolution tweeted dates of the next putative uprisings: Sudan/Jan. 30, Yemen/Feb. 3, Syria/Feb. 5 & Algeria on Feb. 12. #jan25 #egypt

822pm41n96w its #fourtwenty, i say we should all light one up and spend a moment or two thinking about the situation in #cairo #egypt less than 20 seconds ago via web

MNeagle
30th January 2011, 04:58 PM
Food staples starting to run out in Egypt

(CNN) -- While discontent, resentment and nationalism continue to fuel demonstrations, one vital staple is in short supply: food.

Many families in Egypt are fast running out of staples such as bread, beans and rice and are often unable or unwilling to shop for groceries.

"Everything is running out. I have three children, and I only have enough to feed them for maybe two more days. After that I do not know what we will do." school administrator Gamalat Gadalla told CNN.

The unrest has paralyzed daily life in Egypt with many grocers closing shop and spotty food shipments.

"With the curfew, there are no restaurants, food or gas. Basic goods will soon be in shortage," Sandmonkey, an Egyptian blogger said via Twitter.

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has ordered a curfew in Egypt to be extended from 3 p.m. to 8 a.m. on Monday, further stifling normal life in the embattled nation.

Egyptian state-run Nile TV has set up a hotline for citizens to call in and report bread shortages. There has been no other indication of what the Egyptian government is doing to address the crisis.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/WORLD/africa/01/30/egypt.protests.food/story.egypt.tahrir.sq.night.protest.gi.jpg
The unrest has paralyzed daily life in Egypt with many grocers closing shop and spotty food shipments.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/01/30/egypt.protests.food/index.html?hpt=T2

osoab
30th January 2011, 05:02 PM
Egyptian Activists Kiss Soldiers and Riot Police, Strike Blows Against Tyrants Everywhere (http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/48631/egyptian-activists-kiss-soldiers-and-riot-police-strike-blows-against-tyrants-everywhere/)

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/kiss.jpg

osoab
31st January 2011, 03:37 AM
Jomana Farahat RT@alaa
hired actors go around neighborhouds and stage scenes of joy at the return of police, same people spotted in multiple places #Jan25

RNN | News Aljazeera: The PRC has refused to allow police to enter Alexandria

Al Jazeera: Ahmad al-Raysuni of the Organization of Islamic Conference in Jeddah: "Mubarak has appointed a cabinet of war"

osoab
31st January 2011, 04:02 AM
Arabeya: Former Trade Minister Rasheed declines to be part of the new government and declines post, so did Boutros-Ghali (Finance Minster)

osoab
31st January 2011, 04:27 AM
sara_marques RT @nolanjazeera: Unsure if arrested or about to be deported. 6 of us held at army checkpoint outside Hilton hotel. Equipment seized. #Egypt less than 20 seconds ago via Twitter for iPhone

Seeing stuff that 6 Al Jazeera English reporters being held/detained.

osoab
31st January 2011, 04:28 AM
Dan Nolan - Al Jazeera

nolanjazeera Dan Nolan
4 soldiers entered room took our camera. Wr ae under military arrest

DMac
31st January 2011, 06:10 AM
Great job with the updates osoab, thank you!

China Blocks 'Egypt' On Twitter-Like Microblog Sina (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/30/china-blocks-egypt-on-twi_n_815907.html)

China has blocked the word "Egypt" from appearing in searches on its country's popular Twitter-like service, Sina.

A search for "Egypt'' on the microblogging site brings up a message saying, "According to relevant laws, regulations and policies, the search results are not shown."

PCWorld reports that only the Chinese version of 'Egypt' is blocked though, and the English version returns results.

DMac
31st January 2011, 06:13 AM
(mostly the bridge scene)

Egypt Revolution 2011 Demonstrators Vs police Fighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBtYLBQPRGQ

DMac
31st January 2011, 06:14 AM
nolanjazeera

1. Unsure if arrested or about to be deported. 6 of us held at army checkpoint outside Hilton hotel. Equipment seized too. #Egypt #jan25 about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone
2. 4 soldiers entered room took our camera. Wr ae under military arrest #Egypt #jan25 about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone
3. Arrested by military #jan25 #Egypt about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

UPDATE:

We're okay, they held us for 3 hours, we've been released, took cameras, laptops and phones #Egypt #Jan25 less than 5 seconds ago via web

osoab
31st January 2011, 06:30 AM
Great job with the updates osoab, thank you!

Thanks Dmac. Egypt is an interesting situtaion. Probably won't be posting many updates today.

I should get something done at work. :D

osoab
31st January 2011, 06:33 AM
AJ Talk Reporter : More than 150 Thousand protesters In Alexandria Heading to Egypt Station

Hussein Salem caught in Dubai with $500m (http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000619367&fid=1725)

Salem is a partner with Israeli businessman Yosef Maiman in EMG, which supplies gas to Israel.
31 January 11 11:21, Amiram Barkat and Kobi Yeshayahou
Hussein Salem, an Egyptian partner of Israeli businessman Yosef Maiman in the East Mediterranean Gas Company (EMG), which has long term agreements to supply natural gas to Israel, has been caught in Dubai with $500 million in cash in his possession, according to agency reports this morning.

It was reported yesterday that Salem and his family had fled Egypt because of the turmoil in the country. Arab media report that Salem himself went to Dubai, while his family left for an unknown destination. Salem is considered close to the Egyptian regime, particularly to President Hosni Mubarak's son Gamal Mubarak, who has reportedly left Egypt for London.

osoab
31st January 2011, 06:36 AM
Egypt halts trains ahead of “march of million” (http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?ID=236000)

Egypt on Monday cancelled all trains after organizers of a week of anti-regime protests said they would organize a “march of a million” to get Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to quit, state television said.

"Train traffic has been stopped," the presenter said as deadly protests against Mubarak's regime raged into their seventh day. Organizers said they would stage a "march of a million" as part of Cairo protests on Tuesday.

Egyptian protesters on Monday called for an indefinite strike in Egypt and a "million man march" on Tuesday in Cairo, upping the stakes in their bid to topple President Hosni Mubarak's regime.

osoab
31st January 2011, 06:47 AM
Lamyoush: RT @dollz87: Women standing in their balcony with pots of boiling water to throw on looters below. Heartwarming. #Egypt #jan25

DMac
31st January 2011, 09:33 AM
Some updates from twitter, other places on the web:

Al Jazeera: 120,000 protesters take to the streets in Mansoura demanding Mubarak steps down (pop 420,000, 120 km NE of Cairo)

Al Jazeera: 50,000 protesters in Beni Suef (115 km/72 miles south of Cairo. Population 220,000) demand end to Mubarak's rule.

250,000 Protestors in Tahrir according to AlJazeera

Protesters in Tahrir Square downtown Cairo have already rejected the new government sworn in today #mubarak #jan25 #cairo #egypt

Jimmy Carter: "Mubarak will have to leave ... the people have decided" http://slate.me/gYEWX9

Indonesian goverment started to pull 6000 indonesian people back from cairo!!

Israel urges world to curb criticism of Egypt's Mubarak (http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/israel-urges-world-to-curb-criticism-of-egypt-s-mubarak-1.340238)

Israel shocked by Obama's "betrayal" of Mubarak (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/31/us-egypt-israel-usa-idUSTRE70U53720110131?WT.tsrc=Social%20Media&WT.z_smid=twtr-reuters_%20com&WT.z_smid_dest=Twitter)

Cairo airport a scene of chaos as foreigners flee (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/01/31/international/i022827S33.DTL#ixzz1CdQh8LWu)

An Egyptian protester climbs a truck with a water canon on top of it, grabs cop dressed as civilian, flies with him into the air
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=85d_1296036872

Mubarak gives army shoot-to-kill order (http://www.presstv.ir/detail/162767.html)
Embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has reportedly given his armed forces the authority to shoot-to-kill as anti-government protests gain momentum.

...and for when we are up:

As Egypt goes offline US gets internet 'kill switch' bill ready (http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/as-egypt-goes-offline-us-gets-internet-kill-switch-bill-ready-20110131-1aah3.html)

US behind Egypt internet crackdown (http://www.presstv.ir/usdetail/162581.html)

DMac
31st January 2011, 09:37 AM
Aerial view of Meydan Tahrir

http://a.yfrog.com/img615/2029/2ozc.jpg

Cobalt
31st January 2011, 09:47 AM
Why are not more people talking about Obama wanting a internet kill switch when he was just on TV the other day saying Egypt needs to turn back on the net?

Horn
31st January 2011, 10:10 AM
“The United States wants Mubarak to stay in power, but the people have decided,” Carter said.

Jimmy, the voice of invisible people.

osoab
31st January 2011, 10:12 AM
Why are not more people talking about Obama wanting a internet kill switch when he was just on TV the other day saying Egypt needs to turn back on the net?

Shush. Quit using logic. ;)

Horn
31st January 2011, 10:15 AM
From the Dmac link.

Netanyahu instructed Israeli ambassadors in a dozen key capitals over the weekend to impress on host governments that Egypt's stability is paramount, official sources said.

It sucks when the "paid off" referee gets overruled, don't it?...

Horn
31st January 2011, 10:19 AM

How else would he be able to turn it on, if he can't turn it off?

osoab
31st January 2011, 10:28 AM
For areas outside Cario -

RAFAH:

"#5ZA&#38;#8206; aljazeera Reports that clans in Egyptian Rafah are protecting police/internal security forces, while Bedouin clans try to attack them.
Twitter - 1 hour ago

claudzillah&#38;#8206; RT @nicolealjazeera: At Gaza's Rafah crossing you can hear heavy gunfire in the Egyptian town of Rafah. A government building was also on fire.
Twitter - 1 hour ago"

SUEZ:

"Hallmork&#38;#8206; RT @AmoonaE: BREAKING: via phone from an egyptian friend #Suez is being surrounded no food supplies is being allowed to go in #Jan25. (via @TrellaLB)
Twitter - 7 minutes ago"

ISMAILIA:

"#FourYawkeyWay&#38;#8206; RNN: "30000 demonstrators now in #Ismailia." positive sign but the protesters seem unable to escalate things in their favor. #Egypt #jan25
Twitter - 4 hours ago

#aditya1044&#38;#8206; Looters pillage Egyptian antiquities warehouses: ISMAILIA, Egypt (Reuters) - Looters have pillaged a number of w...
Looters pillage Egyptian antiquities warehouses | Reuters&#38;#8206; - reuters.com
Twitter - 4 hours ago"

MANSOURA:

"#Akthem&#38;#8206; RT @SultanAlQassemi: Al Jazeera: 120000 protesters take to the streets in Mansoura demanding Mubarak steps down (pop 420000, 120 km NE of Cairo)
Twitter - 8 minutes ago

#fluutekies&#38;#8206; RT @CineversityTV: #Egypt: 250.000+ in Cairo ht.ly/3Nr8B, 120000 Mansoura, 50000 Beni Suef, 200000 in Mahalla Protest of 2 million tomorrow #Jan25
Twitter - 13 minutes ago"

----------

I can't credit for these copied from another site.

osoab
31st January 2011, 10:53 AM
mkhayatt: RT @palaestina: URGENT:dissenting Army officers in ranks of General,Colonel,Lieut-Colonel.Air Force on the other hand fully behind Mubarak #Jan25 v @weddady
less than a minute ago via HootSuite

chairman813: RT @AmoonaE: URGENT: Sources tell me Air Force is 100% behind Mubarak. Army REFUSED orders to shoot. Struggle ongoing btw 2 branches #Jan25 (v @weddady)

tomshaw93: RT @AmoonaE: URGENT: Sources tell me Air Force is 100% behind Mubarak. Army REFUSED orders to shoot. Struggle ongoing btw 2 branches #Jan25 (v @weddady)

osoab
31st January 2011, 12:22 PM
mkhayatt: RT @palaestina: URGENT:dissenting Army officers in ranks of General,Colonel,Lieut-Colonel.Air Force on the other hand fully behind Mubarak #Jan25 v @weddady
less than a minute ago via HootSuite

chairman813: RT @AmoonaE: URGENT: Sources tell me Air Force is 100% behind Mubarak. Army REFUSED orders to shoot. Struggle ongoing btw 2 branches #Jan25 (v @weddady)

tomshaw93: RT @AmoonaE: URGENT: Sources tell me Air Force is 100% behind Mubarak. Army REFUSED orders to shoot. Struggle ongoing btw 2 branches #Jan25 (v @weddady)

I would like to add that Mubarak came from the Air Force. This makes the Air Force loyal to him. I have been reading stuff that the Army is 50/50 pro Mubarak. The secret police force formally ran by the new V.P. is despised by the people. I get the sense from all the things I have been reading that the Army is not on the side of the secret police.

osoab
31st January 2011, 12:25 PM
Israel shocked by Obama's "betrayal" of Mubarak (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/31/us-egypt-israel-usa-idUSTRE70U53720110131)

By Douglas Hamilton

JERUSALEM | Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:54pm EST

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - If Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak is toppled, Israel will lose one of its very few friends in a hostile neighborhood and President Barack Obama will bear a large share of the blame, Israeli pundits said on Monday.

Political commentators expressed shock at how the United States as well as its major European allies appeared to be ready to dump a staunch strategic ally of three decades, simply to conform to the current ideology of political correctness.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has told ministers of the Jewish state to make no comment on the political cliffhanger in Cairo, to avoid inflaming an already explosive situation. But Israel's President Shimon Peres is not a minister.

"We always have had and still have great respect for President Mubarak," he said on Monday. He then switched to the past tense. "I don't say everything that he did was right, but he did one thing which all of us are thankful to him for: he kept the peace in the Middle East."

Newspaper columnists were far more blunt.

One comment by Aviad Pohoryles in the daily Maariv was entitled "A Bullet in the Back from Uncle Sam." It accused Obama and his Secretary of State Hillary Clinton of pursuing a naive, smug, and insular diplomacy heedless of the risks.

Who is advising them, he asked, "to fuel the mob raging in the streets of Egypt and to demand the head of the person who five minutes ago was the bold ally of the president ... an almost lone voice of sanity in a Middle East?"

"The politically correct diplomacy of American presidents throughout the generations ... is painfully naive."

Obama on Sunday called for an "orderly transition" to democracy in Egypt, stopping short of calling on Mubarak to step down, but signaling that his days may be numbered. [nN30161335]

"AMERICA HAS LOST IT"

Netanyahu instructed Israeli ambassadors in a dozen key capitals over the weekend to impress on host governments that Egypt's stability is paramount, official sources said.

"Jordan and Saudi Arabia see the reactions in the West, how everyone is abandoning Mubarak, and this will have very serious implications," Haaretz daily quoted one official as saying.

Egypt, Israel's most powerful neighbor, was the first Arab country to make peace with the Jewish state, in 1979. Egyptian President Anwar Sadat, who signed the treaty, was assassinated two years later by an Egyptian fanatic.

It took another 13 years before King Hussein of Jordan broke Arab ranks to made a second peace with the Israelis. That treaty was signed by Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, who was assassinated one year later, in 1995, by an Israeli fanatic.

There have been no peace treaties since. Lebanon and Syria are still technically at war with Israel. Conservative Gulf Arab regimes have failed to advance their peace ideas. A hostile Iran has greatly increased its influence in the Middle East conflict.

osoab
31st January 2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-dy10KWREg&feature=player_embedded

osoab
31st January 2011, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5GSfSRY2PQ&feature=player_embedded

DMac
31st January 2011, 02:23 PM
Reports are coming into twitter now that Egypt's last ISP, Noor, has now gone offline, leaving Egypt without a data connection.

If there's to be blood, I assume it will be coming soon.

osoab
31st January 2011, 02:32 PM
Reports are coming into twitter now that Egypt's last ISP, Noor, has now gone offline, leaving Egypt without a data connection.

If there's to be blood, I assume it will be coming soon.

I have seen that too. I have yet to see if dial up is still available. Their were quite a few tweets about Alexandria setting up its own wireless web today. Tomorrow is the big march. It will be interesting.

osoab
31st January 2011, 02:54 PM
evanchill Guess it's true Egyptians can call Speak 2 Tweet from their landlines. 19 seconds ago · reply

osoab
31st January 2011, 03:03 PM
evanchill Apparently the information ministry has announced it will shut down phone and internet. Strange to announce such a thing..

AymanM #aje crew was released & will be covering million man rally 2mrw #feb1 #Egypt #jan25 (via phone) about 1 minute ago · reply

osoab
31st January 2011, 03:13 PM
bencnn Pres. Mubarak has closed down internet, sms, banks, schools, universities, courts, now the trains in all of #Egypt. "Stability?" #Jan25

che1i0s RT @amansuri: Google launches service to tweet via phone for Egypt http://bit.ly/2WiD Call +16504194196 or +390662207294 or +97316199855 #egypt #jan25 less than a minute ago via Tweetie for Mac

Maestro_Abraham RT @ImPalestine: Al-Jazeera: The White House calls for self-restraint as #Egyptians get ready to go on massive million man demos tomorrow. #Egypt #jan25 less than a minute ago via web

Jiraffa RT @exiledsurfer: #millionmarch call from @RamyRaoof in #Cairo to say marches begin #feb1 9am and will head to Presidential Palace. #Jan25 #egypt less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

silvioselva Telecomix dial up +4953160941030 user:password telecomix:telecomix #egypt (Egypt only, please respect!) [Like it? http://bit.ly/eGYNLd ] less than a minute ago via Like My Tweetsfrom Bauru, São Paulo

I checked out this Telecomix (http://www.telecomix.org/) site yesterday. It was interesting. Something like a non-owner free administration network. Something seems wrong about it to me. I can't quite pin it on something.

osoab
31st January 2011, 03:24 PM
Audio clips from Al-Jazeera from boots on the ground.

Live Messages from Egypt (http://blogs.aljazeera.net/middle-east/2011/01/30/live-messages-egypt)

masoodr RT @bencnn: US citizens tell me: "I pay taxes to support this @#$(%? This is an outrage. We must stop writing cheques now!" #Egypt #Jan25 1 minute ago via web

ShirienEG RT @SherineT (http://twitter.com/SherineT): visited prison in cairo where 3200 inmates escaped. found 10 inmates refusing to leave! had nowhere to go #Jan25 #egypt 1 minute ago via web

The jail break is from an Al Jazeera corespondent. We have over 3 million in prison currently. I don't think that includes county jails either.

# Image_normal burwoodgreen RT @CastanCentre: VP Suleiman offers to "negotiate" with protesters after army confirms it won't fire on them: http://pulsene.ws/VECQ #Egypt #jan25 1 minute ago via Pulse News

osoab
31st January 2011, 04:00 PM
http://cdn.wn.com/pd/80/e4/47dbdb68fe23558ff3748c86fdfd_grande.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09gJ1rkexi2Xr/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0chceKF5u7eG2/610x.jpg

osoab
31st January 2011, 04:17 PM
US envoy in Cairo for talks (http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europe/2011/01/2011131192145725920.html)

A former US ambassador to Egypt is in Cairo and "has the ability" to talk to Egyptian leaders, PJ Crowley, the US state department spokesman, said on Monday.

Crowley gave no details of who Frank G Wisner, the ambassador to Egypt from 1986 to 1991, would meet but said he would have the opportunity to reinforce the US message to Egypt.

He also said the Washington believed Egypt should revoke emergency law brought in following mass protests against the government.

Did some checking on Frank G Wisner (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_G._Wisner)

Wisner was Vice Chairman of American International Group. He retired from this post as of February 13, 2009, according to an internal AIG memo issued by Edward Liddy, CEO.

Wisner was born in New York on 2 July 1938. He attended the St. Albans School, and then attended Princeton University, graduating in 1961. He joined the State Department as a Foreign Service Officer in December of that year.

In 1976, at the beginning of the Carter administration, he served under Cyrus Vance as Deputy Executive Secretary of the Department of State. He was United States Ambassador to Zambia, 1979-82; Egypt, 1986-91; Philippines, 1991-92; India, 1994-97.

After retiring from government service in 1997, Wisner joined the board at a subsidiary of Enron, the former energy company. He is also on the board of Hakluyt & Company, a British corporate investigation firm.

Wisner is an Advisory Board member for the Partnership for a Secure America, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to recreating the bipartisan center in American national security and foreign policy. He also serves on the Advisory Board of the National Security Network, and on the board of Refugees International.[1]

Wisner is married to Christine de Ganay (former wife of Pal Sarkozy and former stepmother of French president Nicolas Sarkozy), and they have four children.

Currently Wisner was the special envoy of the US in the Troika group for the negotiations on the future status of Kosovo.

So which side is delivering a briefcase?

ximmy
31st January 2011, 04:25 PM
US envoy in Cairo for talks (http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europe/2011/01/2011131192145725920.html)

He also said the Washington believed Egypt should revoke emergency law brought in following mass protests against the government.

When our gooberment tries this on us I will NOT be surprised when the army joins the ranks of the people...

osoab
31st January 2011, 04:51 PM
# Stock_ticker_1__normal stocksview #EGYPT Solid rumor that the suez canal will be close in any moment or in few hours half a minute ago via web

I put no faith in this rumor. If the Suez is closed, US Navy will show up.

osoab
31st January 2011, 04:53 PM

When our gooberment tries this on us I will NOT be surprised when the army joins the ranks of the people...

Depends on how many are here. Who knows what kind of goon squad may be lurking.

Book
31st January 2011, 05:52 PM
"Jordan and Saudi Arabia see the reactions in the West, how everyone is abandoning Mubarak, and this will have very serious implications," Haaretz daily quoted one official as saying.

USA Taxpayers will also be abandoning "Israel" real soon.

Cobalt
31st January 2011, 06:08 PM

Not much military left at home, they are too busy chasing boogymen elsewhere so if they divide the troops up here they might have 6 or 7 guys for each town

Glass
31st January 2011, 11:15 PM
Egypt Tweet map

http://www.mibazaar.com/egypt.html

Protest GeoTagged Vids. THese seem to be from everywhere, not just Egypt.

http://www.mibazaar.com/egyptprotestvids.html

Not sure if it's been posted already.

Buddha
31st January 2011, 11:27 PM

I will be

Bullion_Bob
1st February 2011, 12:10 AM
Million man march gearing up in a few hours. Should be interesting.

If they send in US troops, it should be considered an act of war....military invasion.

osoab
1st February 2011, 03:39 AM
Egypt's Wafd party says opposition groups have agreed to form a national front to deal with situation.

nolanjazeera 59yrold woman Loraya, a shade over 4ft tall, face peaks out thru headscarf 2 tell me she joined protest today so "Hosni leave tonight"#Egypt

nolanjazeera Protestor handing biscuits out to all in the heart of the square. It feels kinda like an Egyptian version of Woodstock at the mo! #Egypt

osoab
1st February 2011, 03:47 AM
I keep seeing quotes about this one.

State TV presenter who resigned hours ago in protest of bias coverage, now raised on the shoulders of protestors in TahrirSq

glcarlstrom Heard a lot of criticism in Tahrir about Obama's "Egypt envoy." One man: "We want to do this change by ourselves." #jan25 #egypt 2 minutes ago ·

glcarlstrom One guy in Tahrir had a "get out Mubarak" sign in Hebrew. "A message for Netanyahu," he said. http://yfrog.com/h3fbsbj

osoab
1st February 2011, 04:09 AM
CineversityTV Official army release The Egyptian Army has estimated number of protesters at entrance of #Tahrir at 2 million [ajtalk] #Egypt #Jan25

osoab
1st February 2011, 04:38 AM
Melshamy RT @Melshamy: Human Rights Watch confirms undercover police loyal to #Mubarak were among looters, stoking fear #jan25 #jan28 #cairo #egypt

---------------

Big News. Jordan was the only other Arab state to make peace with Izzy.

lorenzoarias‎ RT @Dima_Khatib: In Jordan the current government Samir Al Rifai has just resigned, new government to be formed by Maarouf Al Bakiht #reformjo #jo

MNeagle
1st February 2011, 06:16 AM
http://www.startribune.com/world/115000539.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUi D3aPc:_Yyc:aU1yDEmP:QMDCinchO7DU

http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/280*189/1egypt0201.JPG
250,000 Egyptians converge on heart of Cairo to demand Mubarak's ouster
(http://www.startribune.com/world/115000539.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUi D3aPc:_Yyc:aU1yDEmP:QMDCinchO7DU)

DMac
1st February 2011, 06:32 AM
Al Jazeera's live feed of Cairo - Al Jazeera claiming over 1 million @ the march

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/02/2011215827193882.html

EE_
1st February 2011, 07:18 AM
Hopefully, the people of Egypt will put the Muslim Brotherhood in power and oust Israel's Mubarak.
They should accept nothing less!

What Would a Muslim Brotherhood-Run Egypt Mean for Israel?
The Israeli government fears that an Egypt run by the Muslim Brotherhood will mean "not only a stronger Islamist force in Gaza but also in the West Bank, currently run by the Fatah-dominated Palestinian Authority, as well as in Jordan, meaning Israel would feel surrounded in a way it has not in decades," writes the New York Times's Ethan Bronner from Jerusalem.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/atlantic/20110131/cm_atlantic/themuslimbrotherhoodthefutureofegypt6780

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSVjv3hz3cY&feature=player_embedded

osoab
1st February 2011, 09:53 AM
Bolton: If Mubarak falls in Egypt, Israel should bomb Iran (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/bolton-israel-bomb-iran-mubarak-falls/#)

Former US Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton said the ouster of embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak would speed the timetable for an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.

"Do you think that the Israelis are going to have to strike — they are going to have to take action?" Fox News Republican opinion host Sean Hannity asked the former ambassador on his radio program Monday.

"As you pointed out, ElBaradei ran cover for the Iranians for all those years that he was with the IAEA. And, I just don’t think the Israelis have much longer to wait… they're going to have to act in fairly short order."

More @ link.

Horn
1st February 2011, 11:15 AM
"Do you think that the Israelis are going to have to strike — they are going to have to take action?" Fox News Republican opinion host Sean Hannity asked the former ambassador on his radio program Monday.

"As you pointed out, ElBaradei ran cover for the Iranians for all those years that he was with the IAEA. And, I just don’t think the Israelis have much longer to wait… they're going to have to act in fairly short order."[/size]

More @ link.

Who are these so called "Israelis"?

DMac
1st February 2011, 11:20 AM
CNN connecting Muslim Brotherhood to Al CIAduh and Hamas, even get an obligatory Nazi reference in there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyctvEhV3Ik

ximmy
1st February 2011, 12:01 PM
Rumor has it Mubarak will not seek re-election, still refusing to step down...

Meanwhile back in the states, Egyptians are still being called "rioters," rather than revolutionaries...

osoab
1st February 2011, 12:13 PM
AJEnglish RT @AJEnglish: Hosni Mubarak expected to speak soon. Tune in to #AlJazeera to watch the coverage live: http://aje.me/ajelive #mubarak #egypt #tahrir square

yvonneridley RT @yvonneridley: #Egypt National Tv showing around 20 stooges holding up banner "#Mubarak - yes for Mubarak.!" I've not laughed as much since Monty Python

osoab
1st February 2011, 12:21 PM
crutnacker Mubarak says he is not running again. Fails to mention broken treadmill and new bike. #Egypt #jan25

:ROFL: :ROFL:

osoab
1st February 2011, 12:34 PM
CNN connecting Muslim Brotherhood to Al CIAduh and Hamas, even get an obligatory Nazi reference in there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyctvEhV3Ik

The former ambassador is a douche. :D

The hyping in the MSM seems to be geared to the scary muzzies in a full on mode. I was listening to our local podunk am station on the way to work. The lead off question to our new junior Senator Mark Kirk was "Isn't this eerily reminiscent of the Iranian Revolution." Answer was yes. I'll admit I have stayed away from the MSM for the most part with the exception of talk radio. The line is always that Israel is in trouble and we will see a great Jihad, "because that's what they want".

I noticed at the beginning of dingleberry's interview he links the M.B. with AlCIAda and Hamas. To funny that he immediately laid out two of the main Intelligence services lap dogs/fronts. Bringing up the fact that Obummer had them at a rally, is just more fuel for the fire on the "Right".

I wonder if this is all written out ahead of time. :conf:

DMac
1st February 2011, 01:27 PM
Folks I've spoken to about the Egypt situation have all given reference to Iran in the 70s.

I'm no fan of ElBaradei, I think he is NWO. There is a cold hard fact is that he sits on a "Crisis Group" think tank board with George Soros. Shall I say, 'nuff said'??

http://www.crisisgroup.org/en/about/board.aspx

osoab
1st February 2011, 01:51 PM
Folks I've spoken to about the Egypt situation have all given reference to Iran in the 70s.

I'm no fan of ElBaradei, I think he is NWO. There is a cold hard fact is that he sits on a "Crisis Group" think tank board with George Soros. Shall I say, 'nuff said'??

http://www.crisisgroup.org/en/about/board.aspx

Quite a group names compiled there. And that is only one of many "groups" these folks help direct.
El Baradei is definitely the new stooge that is touted.
I have been seeing some stuff that Noor would be the acceptable choice by the Egyptian people.

Ayman Nour (http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/82510/egypt-riots-explained-understand?page=0,1). ElBaradei and the Brotherhood aren’t the only elements of the fractured opposition. The head of the Ghad Party ran for president against Mubarak in 2005, coming in second, though the vote was widely thought to be rigged. After that, he was promptly thrown in jail on what his supporters allege are bogus charges of manufacturing signatures supporting his candidacy. He was released in 2009, purportedly after the U.S. government put pressure on the Mubarak regime.

Since his release, Nour has failed to galvanize the opposition. He was in Tahrir on Sunday, making a speech along with leaders of other small parties. But most people on the streets have tired of the same old faces, and now prefer ElBaradei to Nour (which must sting after his stint in prison).
I think this article might be slanted. They do line up every player on the scene that I know.

The wild card for me is the military. I don't know if the generals will be able to keep the underlings in line if the masses don't fall in line with Mubarak's departure in September.

The current rhetoric out of the W.H. regarding the M.B. is odd.
By giving some credence to the M.B., Obummer just adds fuel to the fire on the "Right". I am wondering if that is the intent. The "Right" media is hyping this point up nicely.

osoab
1st February 2011, 01:57 PM
glcarlstrom State television airing a Mubarak biopic, now recounting his days in the air force (sort of glossed over that whole 1967/1973 thing). 12 minutes ago · reply

AymanM History may be repeating itself. Former tunisian prez Ben Ali gave 3 speeches and said not re-running in elex b4 fleeing #Egypt #jan25 #feb1 20 minutes ago · reply

SherineT #Mubarak says he won’t run in the next elections. People are shouting “go, Mubarak go” in Tahrir sq. #egypt #jan25

glcarlstrom One line that jumped out at me in Mubarak's speech: "I will die on this soil." Translation: "I won't follow in Ben Ali's footsteps." #jan25

glcarlstrom CNN anchors keep saying that protesters in Egypt are celebrating Mubarak's announcement. Not sure which protesters they're talking about... 34 minutes ago · reply

glcarlstrom Protesters in Tahrir chanting, much more loudly than before, "leave, Mubarak," and "we're not leaving, not tomorrow, not Thursday..." 36 minutes ago · reply

PatColo
1st February 2011, 02:10 PM

In the 11th year...(Our 2011) I will break Egypt.... Ezekiel 30:20 (http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1344557/pg1)

just sayin :dunno

osoab
1st February 2011, 02:14 PM
from Al Jazeera Live Blog (http://blogs.aljazeera.net/middle-east/2011/01/31/live-blog-feb-1-egypt-protests)

11:43pm "Friday afternoon, we will be at the palace," protesters in Tahrir Square shout. Reports of a big march being planned after Friday prayers is being dubbed "The Friday of Departure" aimed at pushing Mubarak to quit office immediately.

11:39pm Protester tells Al Jazeera that he is disappointed by Mubarak's speech, and says that he was expecting more - people around him chant 'not enough'. Protests continue in Cairo.

11:15pm "Erhal erhal", meaning "leave leave", the crowd in Tahrir Square continue to chant after Mubarak said that he will see out his current term.

In his speech, Mubarak called for reforms to article 76 of Egyptian constitution, which makes it impossible for independents to run for president.

I don't think his speech did much to calm the masses. I am seeing some stuff that more people took to the streets after the speech.

osoab
1st February 2011, 02:42 PM
leventresul @AJEnglish reports and broadcasts clashes between anti-govt and pro-mubarak protesters in Alexandria. Tank fires warning shots #Egypt #Feb1

ShawkattRaghib #Egypt Army to control in #Alexandria .. (Photos). #Tahrir #Jan25 #1M #Feb1 http://yfrog.com/h2it2qbj http://yfrog.com/h0ivaej

edhenrycnn RT @edhenrycnn: Just in: President Obama will speak on #egypt again, likely within next hour, per White House spokesman Tommy Vietor
What will Obummer say?

12:35am Al Jazeera's Marwan Bishara comments on the mass public revolt in Egypt. Bishara says that only a miracle could save Mubarak.

What's important is WHAT replaces Mubarak the regime, not WHO will replace Mubarak the person. Replacing Mubarak the person but maintaining Mubarak's regime would be meaningless, as any new figure-leader will continue to answer to the same bankrupt power structure, not to the people.

osoab
1st February 2011, 02:56 PM
chuckballz “@BorowitzReport: BREAKING: Mubarak's Speech Praised By Voices in His Head #Mubarak #Egypt #Jan25” (amazing tweet!)

TheNewsBlotter&#38;#8206; It appears the the confrontation, in Alexandria, was between 2 neighborhood watch groups. They worked it out. #Egypt
Twitter - seconds ago

osoab
1st February 2011, 05:24 PM
Remarks by President Obama on Egypt, as provided by the White House (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/02/egypt-hosni-mubarak-obama-text.html#more)

THE PRESIDENT: Good evening, everybody. Over the past few days, the American people have watched the situation unfolding in Egypt. We’ve seen enormous demonstrations by the Egyptian people. We’ve borne witness to the beginning of a new chapter in the history of a great country, and a long-time partner of the United States.
And my administration has been in close contact with our Egyptian counterparts and a broad range of the Egyptian people, as well as others across the region and across the globe. And throughout this period, we’ve stood for a set of core principles.

First, we oppose violence. And I want to commend the Egyptian military for the....
...professionalism and patriotism that it has shown thus far in allowing peaceful protests while protecting the Egyptian people. We’ve seen tanks covered with banners, and soldiers and protesters embracing in the streets. And going forward, I urge the military to continue its efforts to help ensure that this time of change is peaceful.

Second, we stand for universal values, including the rights of the Egyptian people to freedom of assembly, freedom of speech, and the freedom to access information. Once more, we’ve seen the incredible potential for technology to empower citizens and the dignity of those who stand up for a better future. And going forward, the United States will continue to stand up for democracy and the universal rights that all human beings deserve, in Egypt and around the world.

Third, we have spoken out on behalf of the need for change. After his speech tonight, I spoke directly to President Mubarak. He recognizes that the status quo is not sustainable and that a change must take place. Indeed, all of us who are privileged to serve in positions of political power do so at the will of our people. Through thousands of years, Egypt has known many moments of transformation. The voices of the Egyptian people tell us that this is one of those moments; this is one of those times.

Now, it is not the role of any other country to determine Egypt’s leaders. Only the Egyptian people can do that. What is clear -- and what I indicated tonight to President Mubarak -- is my belief that an orderly transition must be meaningful, it must be peaceful and it must begin now.

Furthermore, the process must include a broad spectrum of Egyptian voices and opposition parties. It should lead to elections that are free and fair. And it should result in a government that’s not only grounded in democratic principles, but is also responsive to the aspirations of the Egyptian people.

Throughout this process, the United States will continue to extend the hand of partnership and friendship to Egypt. And we stand ready to provide any assistance that is necessary to help the Egyptian people as they manage the aftermath of these protests.

Over the last few days, the passion and the dignity that has been demonstrated by the people of Egypt has been an inspiration to people around the world, including here in the United States, and to all those who believe in the inevitability of human freedom.

To the people of Egypt, particularly the young people of Egypt, I want to be clear: We hear your voices. I have an unyielding belief that you will determine your own destiny and seize the promise of a better future for your children and your grandchildren. And I say that as someone who is committed to a partnership between the United States and Egypt.

There will be difficult days ahead. Many questions about Egypt’s future remain unanswered. But I am confident that the people of Egypt will find those answers. That truth can be seen in the sense of community in the streets. It can be seen in the mothers and fathers embracing soldiers. And it can be seen in the Egyptians who linked arms to protect the national museum -- a new generation protecting the treasures of antiquity; a human chain connecting a great and ancient civilization to the promise of a new day. Thank you very much. ####

Nothing Earth shattering there. :oo-->

osoab
1st February 2011, 06:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALBFBhbVtSI&feature=player_embedded

Libertytree
1st February 2011, 07:47 PM
I imagine Obama and 99% of Washington saying "Let the peasants try that shit here".

Book
1st February 2011, 07:57 PM
I imagine Obama and 99% of Washington saying "Let the peasants try that shit here".

http://geoclan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Richard-Nixon-leaving-white-house.jpg

Could happen here again real quick.

http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/2006/NixonResignsNYT488.gif

PatColo
1st February 2011, 09:48 PM
The Ugly Truth Podcast Feb1, 2011

Stephen Lendman joins the program to discuss the events in Egypt.

LISTEN HERE (http://theuglytruth.podbean.com/2011/02/01/the-ugly-truth-podcast-feb1-2011/)

http://theuglytruth.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/egypt.jpg?w=450&h=300

Glass
2nd February 2011, 04:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fg55wz4ZwA&feature=player_embedded

sirgonzo420
2nd February 2011, 05:19 AM

http://geoclan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Richard-Nixon-leaving-white-house.jpg

Could happen here again real quick.

http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/2006/NixonResignsNYT488.gif

See where the article says "Kissinger to remain"?

lol

osoab
2nd February 2011, 06:30 AM
From Al Jazeera (http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/spotlight/anger-in-egypt/#)

Men riding horses and camels attack protesters in Tahrir Square. More soon...

Al Jazeera English: Live Stream (http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/)

osoab
2nd February 2011, 06:51 AM
http://blogs.aljazeera.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/blogpostFeaturedImage/images/P2021803.jpg

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/blogpostFeaturedImage/images/234734151.jpg

3:22pm Protesters in Tahrir Square shows the Al Jazeera camera the ID cards of accused plain clothed security (police ID) who came in earlier to create chaos.

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/blogpostFeaturedImage/images/680policeid.jpg

osoab
2nd February 2011, 06:54 AM
Looks like all hell may be breaking loose.

evanchill Constant gunfire from the battle near the museum, the pro-Mubarak protesters are advancing. No sign of the army stopping them yet. 44 seconds ago ·

evanchill Folks, we're alright for now. I was near the museum when the rocks started flying. Hit twice in the legs but not serious. It's chaos now.

evanchill People on top of a nearby high-rise are tossing debris down on the crowd though I can't tell if they're anti or pro government. 51 seconds ago ·

osoab
2nd February 2011, 07:17 AM
The Story of the Egyptian Revolution (http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/02/the_story_of_the_egyptian_revo.html)

A friend of mine in academia forwarded this e-mail to me from an Egyptian student whose good sense he vouches for. The student tells a story very different from what most of you are seeing on television or reading in your papers.

Unless the author gives me permission to reveal his identity, I am not at liberty to disclose it. [Update: The author, Sam Tadros, has given his permission to publish his name.]

- Clarice Feldman

My apologies for the length of this article, but I see it as extremely important to tell the whole story as it happened.

The Story of the Egyptian Revolution

One week ago, Egypt was a stable authoritarian regime, prospects of change were minimal and every expert in Washington would have betted on the endurance of its regime. Today, Egypt is in a state of chaos. The regime, even after using its mightiest sword is not able to control the country and the streets of Egypt are in a state of utter lawlessness. As the world stands in awe, confusion, and worry at the unfolding events, perhaps it is important to write the evolving story that is happening in Egypt before any reflections can be made on them.

Contrary to pundits, it turns out that the Egyptian regime was neither stable nor secure. The lack of its stability is not a reflection of its weakness or lack of a resolve to oppress. It is a reflection of its inherent contradiction to the natural desire of men to enjoy their basic freedoms. Egyptians might not know what democracy actually means, but that does not make the concept any less desirable. Perhaps it is precisely its vagueness and abstraction that makes the concept all the more desirable.

More @ link.

DMac
2nd February 2011, 07:35 AM
Some interesting details in this article:

Jan. 11, 2008
Expediting the Grand Jihad: Barack Obama and the Muslim Brotherhood (http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/Articles/Obama_Muslim_Brotherhood.htm)

If ElBaradei takes over, or if the Muslim Brotherhood takes over, then I think this revolution was planned by some of the usual planners.

PatColo
2nd February 2011, 07:36 AM
Israeli Death Squads To Infiltrate Egypt Protests (http://www.kawther.info/wpr/2011/02/01/israeli-death-squads-to-infiltrate-egyptian-protests)

scantly sourced, but surely believable, if anything I'd say the zio-provocateurs have been there since the start. Source above is arab friendly, says marches had 8 million, while I heard CNN or FAUX yesterday claim 250K; figures don't lie but liars sure do figure. 'twas at least a million, me thinks.

That Steven Lendman interview was excellent, skeptical of the "revolution"s origin,

The Ugly Truth Podcast Feb1, 2011

Stephen Lendman joins the program to discuss the events in Egypt.

LISTEN HERE (http://theuglytruth.podbean.com/2011/02/01/the-ugly-truth-podcast-feb1-2011/)

http://theuglytruth.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/egypt.jpg?w=450&h=300

Here's Lendman's article from yesterday,
Egypt's Revolution: Obama Backing Regime Change (http://sjlendman.blogspot.com/2011/02/egypts-revolution-obama-backing-regime.html)

Cobalt
2nd February 2011, 08:52 AM
Last night on the news (CBS I believe) they used the word Revolution.

osoab
2nd February 2011, 09:45 AM
macartisan RT @SherineT: ...seems army are trying to keep order now and are warning people of pending danger saying “get inside NOW and take cover. “ #egypt #jan25 less than 20 seconds ago via web

jerrybarnett RT @SherineT: I have seen a police van moving towards tahrir square. State TV said police has been deployed and been told to open fire. #egypt #jan25

I have seen this confirmed by other people. Looks like the hammer comes down tonight for Egypt.

osoab
2nd February 2011, 10:05 AM
Breaking: 35 shot in damhour right now in clashes between security forces and protestors HEavy clashes raging! Aljazeera arabic

mick silver
2nd February 2011, 10:09 AM
why are we not hearding nothing from Israel ON WHAT happening in egypt

osoab
2nd February 2011, 10:09 AM
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/01/201112523026521335.html

AJELive AJ reporter: I have taken shelter. SO much anti-#AlJazeera sentiment among mubarak supporters its not safe to be out... http://aje.me/dKyIQt about 1 minute ago · reply

ajimran #Egypt. Tahrir. At least 2 dead. Hundreds injured. Ambulances unable to reach sq. Tear gas. Molotov cocktails and sticks, rocks as weapons. 12 minutes ago · reply

DMac
2nd February 2011, 10:12 AM
Al Jazeera live, Arabic

http://www.livestation.com/channels/43-al-jazeera-arabic

osoab
2nd February 2011, 10:15 AM
why are we not hearding nothing from Israel ON WHAT happening in egypt

There has been a little chatter coming out of their mouths. Most of the Israeli spiel has come from the mouths of the major networks. There has been a decent amount of cooperation between the Israel Military and the Egyptian Army at the Gaza border. I have seen some unconfirmed reports of the Israelis sending anti-riot gear to the Egyptians too.

The less we hear from Izzy means that ZOG is behind all of this IMHO. Ditto with Tunisia and Yemen. I don't have a clue about how genuine the unrest in Jordan and Syria is.

The interview PatColo posted on page 6 covers some of this.

DMac
2nd February 2011, 10:16 AM
Panoptique #Egypt RT @PalestineVideo: Listening to medical report of the injured on AJ Arabic. Seems like a fucken massacre is being carried out. less than 20 seconds ago via ÜberTwitter

DMac
2nd February 2011, 10:17 AM
jonitchr RT @RAGreeneCNN: Breaking: #Egypt State TV showing urgent banner warning everyone in #Tahrir square to evacuate immediately. #Jan25 less than 20 seconds ago via web

osoab
2nd February 2011, 10:25 AM
Blowback is a bitch.

Anderson Cooper Attacked, Punched In The Head By Pro-Mubarak Mob In Egypt (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/02/anderson-cooper-attacked-punched-egypt_n_817352.html)

Anderson Cooper and his crew were attacked by supporters of Hosni Mubarak in Cairo on Wednesday. CNN's Steve Brusk tweeted that Cooper was punched in the head ten times.

The incident came as pro-Mubarak supporters attacked protesters calling for the Egyptian president to step down. Speaking on "American Morning" after the attack, Cooper said that he and his crew had been trying to go to a neutral zone between the two groups.

"We never got that far," he said. "We were set upon by pro-Mubarak supporters punching us in the head." Cooper said that he and the crew tried to escape, but that the crowd only grew: "the crowd kept growing, kept throwing punches, kicks...suddenly a young man would look at you and punch you in the face."

DMac
2nd February 2011, 10:26 AM
Some excellent pics here:

Egypt in flames: 300 feared dead and 500 injured as revolution descends into bloodbath (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1352923/Egypt-protests-300-dead-500-injured-bloodbath.html?ito=feeds-newsxml)