Twisted Titan
2nd February 2011, 02:32 PM
Number of Privately Owned Firearms

The estimated total number of guns held by civilians in Egypt is 1.9 million

Law Enforcement Firearms

Police in Egypt are reported to have 455,000 firearms

mick silver
2nd February 2011, 02:34 PM
i bet the number of guns are alot higher . look were there at , right in the middle of every thing happen .

Ponce
2nd February 2011, 02:39 PM
3.7 per 100 person.........that is known.

Twisted Titan
2nd February 2011, 02:40 PM
Military Firearms

The defence forces of Egypt are reported to have 2,682,5003 firearms

But how much of those arms went into private homes when everything went to hell???

Silver Shield
2nd February 2011, 02:55 PM
3.7 per 100 person.........that is known.

In my house it is 3.7 per 1 person... ;)

Ponce
2nd February 2011, 03:53 PM
In mine 15 per person........... ;D.........but of course none in my property.

Glass
3rd February 2011, 05:21 AM
Pretty clear regime supporters have some guns and the revolutionaties don't and the army has not picked a side yet. It's definately right that the army stay out of the argument. Let's hope that doesn't change. This is a dispute between a people and their government and the army has no need to get involved.

Twisted Titan
3rd February 2011, 08:32 AM
The army is the lapdog of the gubbermint

The Gubbermint signs the checks..not the people.

The Army will do what the Gubbermint says

And the few thinking officers will be punished severely when "order" is restored.

T

Libertytree
3rd February 2011, 08:42 AM
I was just listening to a woman on Aljazeera and she was talking about the military and its involvements in revolutions historically. She made the distinction of horizontal vs vertical splits within armies. Horizontal splits occurring when mostly mid and lower level soldiers side with the populace and vertical splits when their are deep divisions across the board and usually happen during civil wars.

bellevuebully
3rd February 2011, 08:53 AM
So the big clashes we are seeing in the streets.....is that supporters of Murabek clashing with revolutionaries. It's so chaotic, it is hard to tell what is really going on by the images. Hard to tell who, is who.

Do they get to change ends at halftime?

Libertytree
3rd February 2011, 09:30 AM
So the big clashes we are seeing in the streets.....is that supporters of Murabek clashing with revolutionaries. It's so chaotic, it is hard to tell what is really going on by the images. Hard to tell who, is who.

Do they get to change ends at halftime?

From what is being learned many of the pro Mubarak groups have been hired or are plain clothes police sent to clash with the peaceful protesters.

Low_five
3rd February 2011, 09:43 AM
Ive got a little less than 100 guns. But Im a dealer.