PDA

View Full Version : The truth about alcohol, fat loss and muscle growth

nunaem
7th February 2011, 12:29 PM
As if I needed an excuse to drink!

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

Antonio
7th February 2011, 03:16 PM
It`s been established by the highest level Russian scientists that after drinking 100 grams of vodka, it takes about 3 weeks for any pro athlete to recover the top shape .

steyr_m
7th February 2011, 06:20 PM
It`s been established by the highest level Russian scientists that after drinking 100 grams of vodka, it takes about 3 weeks for any pro athlete to recover the top shape .

Please quote source.

Antonio
7th February 2011, 06:28 PM

Please quote source.

I cannot quote the source but after having spent 2 decades training under the direction of Russian classical weightlifting champs one picks up things.
You can do even better, become an Olympic level athlete and then drink 100 grams of vodka, see what happens...
I`m far from being one but in my best days, half a beer would screw me up for about 3-4 days.
When out of shape I can drink 750 bottle of rum/day and not feel any hangover.
When one is in peak shape, the internal organs are working overtime,throw 1 gram of booze on them and your strength goes down by 10%.

nunaem
8th February 2011, 01:04 PM
become an Olympic level athlete

Easy enough. ::)

Missing 20 minutes of sleep will probably seriously harm an olympic athlete's performance as well, thankfully us normal people can afford it without screwing up our life's ambitions.