PDA

View Full Version : Lone Nepali Soldier Defends Potential Rape Victim Against 40 Men

DMac
8th February 2011, 08:23 AM
Lone Nepali Soldier Defends Potential Rape Victim Against 40 Men (http://www.logiccool.com/blog/591281-lone-nepali-soldier-defends-potential-rape-victim-against-40-men/)

snip

Here's the part of the story that makes you cheer. He pulls out a kukri (i.e. a knife) and proceeds to kill 3 of them, injure 8 of them, and causes the rest to flee. During the battle, he suffered a severe knife injury to his left hand, from which he's now recovered.

For those who don't know...this is a kukri. Maybe it's okay to bring a knife to a gunfight, after all.

bellevuebully
8th February 2011, 11:31 AM
Great story. Never underestimate someone who is acting on something they truly believe in.

Horn
8th February 2011, 11:44 AM
Great story. Never underestimate someone who is acting on something they truly believe in.

Truly, and I dig the kukri.

Looks like the perfect tool for the job.

Hillbilly
8th February 2011, 11:52 AM
God Bless that man. It's good to see the world still has heroes that will take on insurmountable odds to save a life.

Book
8th February 2011, 11:57 AM
http://www.logiccool.com/img/upload/bishnu-shrestha-nepali-gorkha-who-subdued-40-train-robbers.jpg

While in the train, Maurya Express from Ranchi to Gorakhpur, on September 2, 2010, 35 year-old Bishnu saved a girl about to be raped by the train robbers in front of her helpless parents. After looting the train, when the robbers started to strip a 18 year old girl in front of him, he couldn’t contain his calmness. He took out his khukari and took on the a group of 40 robbers, alone. In the fight, he killed three of dacoits and injured eight others. Remaining dacoits fled the scene to save their lives.

Wow.

k-os
8th February 2011, 12:01 PM
Wow! Great story. He's a hero, alright. A real one. I liked this from the comments:

The man is probably not happy at all about having to kill and injure so many people. He probably just realized that he would rather have to live with that than live with the memory of the alternative...a grim reminder that violence is almost never the answer, but when it is, it's the only answer.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

ximmy
8th February 2011, 12:05 PM
He was her guardian angel that day

solid
8th February 2011, 12:22 PM
This has to be one of the bravest selfless acts of courage I've ever read.

Inspiring and uplifting story, true good against evil and good prevails!

freespirit
16th February 2011, 09:19 AM
if only we all had the fortitude to act so selflessly, what a great world that would be.

Antonio
17th February 2011, 03:40 PM
The guy is the best of the best. Don`t forget the Nepali culture. I own a couple of kukris and know a bit about their culture.
Their women often wear a small kukry concealed under their dress in order to be able to defend themselves against rapist degenerates.
Many of the women are capable of what this guy has done.

Note to the ladies, never leave house unarmed. Not every train is equipped with a dude who has balls of tungsten carbide and a chunk of forged carbon steel in his hand.

Santa
13th March 2011, 12:37 PM
I imagine that according to Ayn Rand, the guy would have been acting out of self interest. Nothing altruistic or heroic about that. ;)