PDA

View Full Version : Prostatitis: I need your advice

Hillbilly
16th February 2011, 10:39 PM
I have prostatitis. I'm on my 3rd course of anti biotics. I have really bad reactions to cipro so I'm trying to avoid than one. I started taking Colloidal Silver 18ppm twice daily 3 days ago. That seemed to help then it got a lot worse today.

Has anyone had this and what did you do?

I'm not in total agony but it's really starting to wear me down.

Thanks

Antonio
17th February 2011, 08:14 AM
I have prostatitis. I'm on my 3rd course of anti biotics. I have really bad reactions to cipro so I'm trying to avoid than one. I started taking Colloidal Silver 18ppm twice daily 3 days ago. That seemed to help then it got a lot worse today.

Thanks

Has it been established by a urine test that yours is bacterial prostatitis and not a none-bacterial case of the same?
Antibiotics are useless against the none-bacterial kind. I hope you are not self-medicating with them before establishing the correct diagnosis.

Hillbilly
17th February 2011, 08:51 AM
I have been told that a 4" x 6" x 1" ceramic ferrite magnet capable of 3850 gauss at the surface helps the prostate and vicinity if you sit on it as much as possible. If you do so make sure it is the North pole you sit on.

These are available on ebay for $10 - $12 apiece.

I'm going to give that a try. Thanks

Thanks

Has it been established by a urine test that yours is bacterial prostatitis and not a none-bacterial case of the same?
Antibiotics are useless against the none-bacterial kind. I hope you are not self-medicating with them before establishing the correct diagnosis.

I have had 3 urine tests. The first two came back with White and Red Blood cells but no no bacteria would grow in the culture. The 3rd came back clean of Blood cells after my second bout of antibiotics. The doctor says that I should still take cipro, but I hate that stuff and got her to put me on a sulfur one instead. I have also been taking colloidal silver. I've been putting it off because I know it hurts like nothing else but I should get my Prostate expressed and test the fluid. I've been sitting on a donut and that has helped but this is sure getting old fast.

thanks

SLV^GLD
17th February 2011, 08:58 AM
I've been sitting on a donut and that has helped but this is sure getting old fast.
Regular glazed or chocolate iced? Seems any creme filling would just make a bigger mess than intended. :D

Antonio
17th February 2011, 09:07 AM
I have been told that a 4" x 6" x 1" ceramic ferrite magnet capable of 3850 gauss at the surface helps the prostate and vicinity if you sit on it as much as possible. If you do so make sure it is the North pole you sit on.

Thanks

I have had 3 urine tests. The first two came back with White and Red Blood cells but no no bacteria would grow in the culture. The 3rd came back clean of Blood cells after my second bout of antibiotics. The doctor says that I should still take cipro, but I hate that stuff and got her to put me on a sulfur one instead. I have also been taking colloidal silver. I've been putting it off because I know it hurts like nothing else but I should get my Prostate expressed and test the fluid. I've been sitting on a donut and that has helped but this is sure getting old fast.

thanks

Ok bro. When I say I can feel your pain, I mean this literally. 3 yrs ago I sat on a cold rock after a swim. It was a hot August day, the water in the lake was very warm but the rock which stuck out of the water was a bit cold. I spent about 5 minutes sitting on it wearing wet Speedos, then swam back to the shore and went home. The same night I knew I fucked up my prostate, the dull pain, pissing every 15 minutes etc.

I took the awful pain for 6 months without taking anything, couldn`t sleep at all,was literally walking into walls on my way to work. After 6 months of dull agony, finally it turned into such sharp pain that one day I fell into a pain shock in my bathroom, taking a piss,then feeling like being kicked in the balls by a football player, passing out and waking up on the floor.

This was the point when I became addicted to narcotics, the rest is history.

PS. Take hot seating baths, keep your legs and butt warm at ALL times, wear 3 pairs of heavy pants in the winter and avoid the draft like the satan himself.Walk a lot, do not sit if you can avoid doing so. Drink plenty of organic cranberry juice. If it gets so bad that you are given narcotics, try not to get hooked.

Neuro
17th February 2011, 09:37 AM
Is it difficult to urinate? It could be a sacro-iliac or sacro-coccygeal joint problem mimicking a prostate problem also...

Hillbilly
17th February 2011, 09:45 AM

Thanks

thanks

Ok bro. When I say I can feel your pain, I mean this literally. 3 yrs ago I sat on a cold rock after a swim. It was a hot August day, the water in the lake was very warm but the rock which stuck out of the water was a bit cold. I spent about 5 minutes sitting on it wearing wet Speedos, then swam back to the shore and went home. The same night I knew I fucked up my prostate, the dull pain, pissing every 15 minutes etc.

I took the awful pain for 6 months without taking anything, couldn`t sleep at all,was literally walking into walls on my way to work. After 6 months of dull agony, finally it turned into such sharp pain that one day I fell into a pain shock in my bathroom, taking a piss,then feeling like being kicked in the balls by a football player, passing out and waking up on the floor.

This was the point when I became addicted to narcotics, the rest is history.

PS. Take hot seating baths, keep your legs and butt warm at ALL times, wear 3 pairs of heavy pants in the winter and avoid the draft like the satan himself.Walk a lot, do not sit if you can avoid doing so. Drink plenty of organic cranberry juice. If it gets so bad that you are given narcotics, try not to get hooked.

You are right about the baths and the sitting. Heat sure does help and walking around is sometimes my only relief. I'm not sleeping well at all.

Is it difficult to urinate? It could be a sacro-iliac or sacro-coccygeal joint problem mimicking a prostate problem also...

I have had a L4 L5 rupture and surgery. And S1 is bulging. I'm pretty sure it's my prostate because of the burning pain in the urethra and I did have a lot of red and white blood cells in my urine. I guess one could be aggravating the other though.

RJB
17th February 2011, 09:47 AM
This is good advice, HB. Seeing a good chiropractor or acupuncturist in your area might be a good idea.

I've never had what your suffering from but sometimes certain foods, alcoholic beverages, the herb ma huang/ephedra... will give me a burning sensation with urination and it felt like I constantly had to go. Trying an elemination diet to see if you have an allergy to something you're eating might help. It could also be a medication irritating that area.

Antonio
17th February 2011, 09:50 AM
Make sure you get sleep by all means. My non-bacterial prostatitis was cured after 3 days on morphine. I fell into a death-like sleep and during that time the immune system repaired and cured it. Stress and lack of sleep feed upon each other.

I`m not advocating narcotcs abuse or even benzo abuse but judicious use of these agents as the absolute last resort has merit.

I was stupid, liked the dope, was elated that the pain was finally gone, continued to get high for another week and got hooked.

Neuro
17th February 2011, 10:08 AM
I have had a L4 L5 rupture and surgery. And S1 is bulging. I'm pretty sure it's my prostate because of the burning pain in the urethra and I did have a lot of red and white blood cells in my urine. I guess one could be aggravating the other though. Yes if the nerve supply to the prostate is compromised, you would more easily get problems with it...

Antonio
17th February 2011, 10:14 AM
Prostatitis is hell. I couldn`t get it up with a car jack, as we say in Russia. When a guy in his 30s can`t get it up, this creates a mild stress of its own ;)

No sleep for 6 months due to having to take a piss every 15 minutes plus thinking about whether I was ever gonna be able to get it up or have kids. Thank God everything is back to normal or I`d spend the rest of my life posting in the "Looking at breasts is healthy" thread.

Book
17th February 2011, 10:28 AM
I have prostatitis. I'm on my 3rd course of anti biotics.

:oo-->

I`m not advocating narcotcs abuse or even benzo abuse but judicious use of these agents as the absolute last resort has merit.

http://www.bjwinslow.com/albums/curiosities/toy_doctor_kit_10.jpg

I dunno what is funnier:

1) Hillbilly seeking medical advice at GSUS.

2) Antonio giving medical advice at GSUS.

Hillbilly
17th February 2011, 10:44 AM
This is good advice, HB. Seeing a good chiropractor or acupuncturist in your area might be a good idea.

I've never had what your suffering from but sometimes certain foods, alcoholic beverages, the herb ma huang/ephedra... will give me a burning sensation with urination and it felt like I constantly had to go. Trying an elemination diet to see if you have an allergy to something you're eating might help. It could also be a medication irritating that area.

I just had an MRI because I had been experiencing a lot of nerve pain in my legs. The MRI was good. My doctor said he could so no impingements. I wonder if the inflammation in my prostate was pressing on any nerves and causing my nerve pain in my legs?

Neuro
17th February 2011, 10:54 AM

I just had an MRI because I had been experiencing a lot of nerve pain in my legs. The MRI was good. My

doctor said he could so no impingements. I wonder if the inflammation in my prostate was pressing on any nerves and causing my nerve pain in my legs?
Yes it is possible that a swollen and irritated prostate gland can irritate nerves going down the legs. It is also possible that an inflamed sacro-iliac joint may irritate the nerves going down in the leg and to your prostate, an inflamed and swollen prostate should be detectable on the MRI though, an irritated sacro-iliac or sacro-coccygeal joint are usually not visible.

Is it difficult for you to bend backwards or forward?

ximmy
17th February 2011, 11:05 AM
I don't have the slightest clue what you guys are talking about... Sorry if your in pain... :-[

Hillbilly
17th February 2011, 06:53 PM

I just had an MRI because I had been experiencing a lot of nerve pain in my legs. The MRI was good. My

doctor said he could so no impingements. I wonder if the inflammation in my prostate was pressing on any nerves and causing my nerve pain in my legs?
Yes it is possible that a swollen and irritated prostate gland can irritate nerves going down the legs. It is also possible that an inflamed sacro-iliac joint may irritate the nerves going down in the leg and to your prostate, an inflamed and swollen prostate should be detectable on the MRI though, an irritated sacro-iliac or sacro-coccygeal joint are usually not visible.

Is it difficult for you to bend backwards or forward?

Yes, it feels like my back is going to snap into if I bend too much either way.

Antonio
17th February 2011, 07:50 PM
Let me be blunt. Do you have to piss every 15-20 minutes during the night, producing only about a tablespoon of piss but feeling like your bladder is exploding? That`s what I had. This symptom is prostate trouble and nothing else.

PS. Don`t ever sit on a cold toilet seat, this can send your pain levels to the unimaginable. make sure your pelvic area is warm 24/7.
Do not wear tight pants or tight undies, when you sit down undo your belt. Any restriction of the blood flow due to tight clothes or due to the vasoconstriction brought upon by cold will finish your prostate off.

Sell the comp. This is the most important. Sitting more than is absolutely needed is a suicide by prostatitis. ;D

Neuro
17th February 2011, 11:55 PM
Hillbilly, whether you have prostatitis or not, I think you should go to a chiropractor and loosen up your pelvic area, don't go to one that uses ultrasound and TENS and other useless crap just to bilk insurance. Those are usually crap adjustors and let their ability of claiming on the insurance determine what care you will get. And keep your pelvic area warm 24/7 as Antonio suggested.

Hillbilly
19th February 2011, 01:22 AM
Let me be blunt. Do you have to piss every 15-20 minutes during the night, producing only about a tablespoon of piss but feeling like your bladder is exploding? That`s what I had. This symptom is prostate trouble and nothing else.

PS. Don`t ever sit on a cold toilet seat, this can send your pain levels to the unimaginable. make sure your pelvic area is warm 24/7.
Do not wear tight pants or tight undies, when you sit down undo your belt. Any restriction of the blood flow due to tight clothes or due to the vasoconstriction brought upon by cold will finish your prostate off.

Sell the comp. This is the most important. Sitting more than is absolutely needed is a suicide by prostatitis. ;D

That's exactly it.

Hillbilly, whether you have prostatitis or not, I think you should go to a chiropractor and loosen up your pelvic area, don't go to one that uses ultrasound and TENS and other useless crap just to bilk insurance. Those are usually crap adjustors and let their ability of claiming on the insurance determine what care you will get. And keep your pelvic area warm 24/7 as Antonio suggested.

I'm going to look into it. Man if I could just get my insurance company to spring for a Hot Tub!

Thanks guys

I'm actually feeling a lot better today. I think the Colloidal Silver is really helping. I told my doctor about it and she said she had never heard of it but got all freaked out and said I should not be drinking heavy metals LOL

kregener
19th February 2011, 10:18 AM
1. Saw palmetto - Derivatives of this herb are used to treat not only prostatitis, but also a prostate-related condition called benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) - a non-fatal, non-infectious natural affliction in which the prostate is enlarged. It occurs naturally to men over the age of 50, though it could also happen to younger men.

While there has been little by way of scientific data that would prove the efficacy of saw palmetto as a prostatitis cure, many men swear by it, and claim it has greatly helped reduce PSA levels and prostate size within only one month of treatment.

2. Quercetin - Quercetin is essentially a flavonoid, a substance found in citrus fruit. It has been proven to be effective in combination with ultrasound at 20kHz at 1 minute in the treatment of skin and prostate cancers. In fact, cancer cells in such a condition have been known to show a 90% mortality rate, with no mortality reflected in the normal cells surrounding the target area - meaning cancer cells mostly die while the normal cells don't. This substance is a known inhibitor of mast cells, and is such is said to be effective in the treatment of chronic prostatitis.

Chronic prostatitis is a type of prostatitis that occurs more slowly than acute prostatitis, and the symptoms such as fever and pain are not as severe as with the acute version. However, it is also known to persist longer, and possibly even recur in the span of years.

3. Zinc supplements - This supplement has proven to be especially effective in combination with antibiotics in treating chronic prostatitis.

Hillbilly
19th February 2011, 11:31 AM
I've been taking a supplement like that for a few days now. I don't think it works fast enough on it's own but I'm hoping it will help me out over the long haul for life long prostate health.

You need a hillbilly herbalist to dig you up some herbs to get rid of the problem.
Not that I know sheyit about anything, but an herbal formula for prostatitis
would look like this:

Saw Palmetto Berries
Mullein Leaf
Gingko Biloba

An herb store or health food store near you will usually carry a similar-sorta-kinda formula but you'll probably
see zinc on their ingredient list ....that's just because it's missing one of the herbs that supply the zinc naturally.
Dr Christopher's Prostate Plus is one example of an herbal prostate formula.

http://www.drchristophers.com/capsules/prostate-plus.php

I am in no way connected to that website, I just appreciate the formulas that have helped my family & I when I didn't have the live herbs in my backyard !