PDA

View Full Version : Now the former Tunisian leader has had a stroke

MNeagle
17th February 2011, 08:52 AM
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia, Feb. 17 (UPI) -- Former Tunisian President Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali suffered a stroke and was in coma in a Saudi Arabian hospital, a French journalist reported.

Journalist Nicolas Beau, citing Tunisian sources, posted on his blog that Ben Ali was in a critical condition in a medical facility in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Radio France Internationale reported Thursday.

It is believed the ousted leader was admitted to the hospital Tuesday under a false name, the blogger said.

The claim that Ben Ali was hospitalized also was reported by Web-zine JSSnews, although it reported the ousted ruler suffered a heart attack, RFI said.

Ben Ali was ruled Tunisia for 23 years before an uprising forced him to flee the country in January

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2011/02/17/Ben-Ali-reportedly-in-coma-after-stroke/UPI-86441297956230/#ixzz1EEgLKgh8

Twisted Titan
17th February 2011, 09:04 AM
Has the Mubarack story been confirmed???

chad
17th February 2011, 09:08 AM
lot of strokes and comas going around these days.

osoab
17th February 2011, 09:14 AM
He probably just found out that all that gold he took is of the Tungsten variety. :D

MNeagle
17th February 2011, 09:32 AM
Has the Mubarack story been confirmed???

I thought I saw stories of it on Drudge, CNN, etc. But as I look now, no luck in searching/linking those stories.

mick silver
17th February 2011, 09:33 AM
just away for them to go in to hiding ... oh oh there dead

Neuro
17th February 2011, 10:23 AM
Off to Antarctica he goes!