PDA

View Full Version : Cop Attacked During Traffic Stop

Ares
19th February 2011, 08:34 PM
<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/10f_1298144459"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/10f_1298144459" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

Both men are charged with felonious assault

Sorry guys, liveleak clip doesn't copy over well. Just click on the link in the embed code.

woodman
19th February 2011, 08:39 PM
The cop started the assault. Big man! Too bad he has the law on his side. Those fellas will do jail time.

midnight rambler
19th February 2011, 08:44 PM
Sociopaths are drawn to 'police' work like flies are drawn to shit.

kregener
19th February 2011, 08:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqKY4w5-N8I

po boy
19th February 2011, 09:06 PM
The cop started the assault. Big man! Too bad he has the law on his side. Those fellas will do jail time.

Did you see how big guy only grabbed the cop when he saw his friend getting tazed and just held him down, then he even tries to keep him from getting kicked.

How many vids do you see where cops defend a suspect from other cops?

willie pete
19th February 2011, 09:22 PM
yep...they're looking at probably 5 to 8 years for battery on a LEO

Hillbilly
19th February 2011, 09:48 PM
That Ole boy in the stocking hat sure new how to take a man down by the head. That cop is lucky he did not break his neck. He is also lucky that Ole boy stopped it before his buddy kicked the shit out of him.

Man that cop just plain screwed up by turning his back on those people like that.

Twisted Titan
19th February 2011, 11:04 PM
You aint seen nothing yet......

Wait till this sociopaths start messing with people that are on there last unemployment check trying to get to a interview for 9 dollar a hour just to make ends meet so they dont get kicked out.

Your gun and badge dont mean shit to a person that has hit rock bottom

T

mrnhtbr2232
20th February 2011, 07:31 AM
If I was on the jury, saw this video, and the cop had instead pulled his piece and shot both the assailants I would let him walk. We can carp about law enforcement all we want, but in this case he was clearly attacked in the performance of his job. I did not witness any belligerent power tripping, I don't like drunk drivers, and the guy that jumped him is only alive because the cop in question failed situational awareness and level 1 response. While I continue to believe that the police are a huge liability to freedom as state agents, I won't go as far as to pretend they don't occasionally take out the trash to the benefit of society. Before you nail me as sympathetic to the police keep in mind he was arresting an intoxicated motorist who was driving and could have killed a person - wife, child, or husband provider for someone else completely innocent, not an ordinary person minding their own business. Even I, as a known police critic, will say he had probable cause in the heat of the moment to shoot both of them had he done it. Lucky for them, they get their day in court instead a trip to the morgue.

po boy
20th February 2011, 08:38 AM
If I was on the jury, saw this video, and the cop had instead pulled his piece and shot both the assailants I would let him walk. We can carp about law enforcement all we want, but in this case he was clearly attacked in the performance of his job. I did not witness any belligerent power tripping, I don't like drunk drivers, and the guy that jumped him is only alive because the cop in question failed situational awareness and level 1 response. While I continue to believe that the police are a huge liability to freedom as state agents, I won't go as far as to pretend they don't occasionally take out the trash to the benefit of society. Before you nail me as sympathetic to the police keep in mind he was arresting an intoxicated motorist who was driving and could have killed a person - wife, child, or husband provider for someone else completely innocent, not an ordinary person minding their own business. Even I, as a known police critic, will say he had probable cause in the heat of the moment to shoot both of them had he done it. Lucky for them, they get their day in court instead a trip to the morgue.

Could you point out where in the op it says he was drunk ?
What I saw was the police grabbing the guy and the guy objecting in kind then the cop trying to taze the guy to which his buddy obviously though was excessive and restrained the policeman and even tried to keep his buddy from further retaliation.

If the police would have pulled his gun on a unarmed suspect isn't that suspect just as in fear of his life and should he be allowed to protect after all he should be allowed his day in court. Have tazers been proven to kill people? Are tazers lethal weapons?

Drunk driving laws, seatbelt violations and many other traffic laws are more about generating revenue for the state and keeping profits high for insurance companies more than so called public safety. These policies put people into needless conflict with police and only further resentment on both sides.News stories about such stops always vilify the perps he was drunk so it makes it okay to throw the guy around, taze or shoot him.

I'd bet since the guy pulled over for the police if told he would be given a ride home rather than jail or let his buddy drive this situation could have been avoided.

"Crime is a growth industry" fueled by greed. "it's not the criminals I'm afraid of it's the police".

I saw a report by the FBI stating more crimes are committed by police than citizens and that is just what is reported.

They will get their day in a court of the state judged by a jury of wards of the state ,prosecuted by the state, defended by the state and sentenced by a judge getting paid by the state to profit the prison industrial complex at taxpayers expense.

General of Darkness
20th February 2011, 08:47 AM
Note to self. Self, if your ever in that situation, ALWAYS take the video.

Ares
20th February 2011, 09:14 AM

The guy wasn't pulled over for drunk driving. The probable cause and the reason for all of this? EXPIRED REGISTRATION.

Back story:

A West Union police officer is recovering after being assaulted early Sunday morning.

Sgt. Jason Daniels pulled over a truck with expired tags and tried to arrest the driver, Phillip Evans, 21, when Evans was uncooperative, police said.

As Daniels tried to use a Taser gun on Evans, police said another man, Timothy Pritchett, 24, appeared behind Daniels. Cruiser cam video shows Pritchett grab Daniels by the neck and pulling him to the ground.

On the video, Evans walks over and kicks Daniels several times, one kick sending Daniels' hat flying out of the frame.

The video shows Pritchett telling Evans to stop eventually, and a couple comes over and tells the men to back off. Daniels regains his feet and holds both men at gunpoint.

Both men are charged with felonious assault

All because Phillip Evans didn't give the state his pound of flesh.

solid
20th February 2011, 09:24 AM
The expired registration wasn't probable cause, but reasonable suspicion. He must have been arrested for something else, after the stop took place.

BrewTech
20th February 2011, 09:28 AM
The expired registration wasn't probable cause, but reasonable suspicion. He must have been arrested for something else, after the stop took place.

Sgt. Jason Daniels pulled over a truck with expired tags and tried to arrest the driver, Phillip Evans, 21, when Evans was uncooperative, police said.
Lack of cooperation.

Reasonable suspicion... of what, by the way? Or is that just cop-code for "we do what we want to people, when we want, and they can't do shit about it."

solid
20th February 2011, 09:43 AM
Research search and seizure, understand reasonable suspicion and probable cause, know the differences and you will know your rights.

BrewTech
20th February 2011, 10:24 AM
Research search and seizure, understand reasonable suspicion and probable cause, know the differences and you will know your rights.

LOL... maybe I should start here:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?11-Civil-Rights

BTW... you didn't answer my question...

Suspicion of what?

woodman
20th February 2011, 10:25 AM
Plain and simple. The police have been agents of tyranny since police were police. It has gotten worse and worse. Now it is so bad that they are viewed by many, including me as mere thugs, out harassing people with myriad laws aimed at revenue and nothing else. I've been pushed around plenty by these arrogant pricks who are above the law themselves. They protect the interests of their rich controlers. This cop got pushed back with his own medicine. "Oh my, the bad man doesn't have a registration. Must taze his ass!"

They are agents of tyranny. They cannot be there when a real crime is being commited. They come later when all is safe and punish the innocent. We see this again and again. When real trouble starts they are gone. All that matters later is that they collar someone, guilty or not, to make it look like they are earning their keep.

BrewTech
20th February 2011, 12:27 PM
http://www.officer.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=56919

Ill. Chief Orders More Self-Initiated Contacts

Belleville police still have to abide by state law and only stop drivers under reasonable suspicion. Beyond speeding and among many other things, that can include headlights being out, no front license plate, no seat belt, loud muffler, loud radio or use of a cell phone in a construction zone.

Thanks Solid... I understand my rights now.

hoarder
20th February 2011, 01:27 PM
When I learned to drive, I was taught to drive according to conditions. This means that one is expected not to exceed his individual limitations. People are not equal. Some people can drive better drunk than others drive sober. Back when I drank, I drove about a half million miles without a scrape. I knew my limitations.
When a drunk driver kills someone, their crime is that they exceeded their own abilities. If a sober driver exceeds their own abilities and kills someone that are equally guilty and should be treated as such.

The whole anti-drunk driving movement was based on the false notion of equality.

There are people who beat their wives when they get drunk. They know it. Knowing this, when they drink again and beat their wives again is booze the culprit or the individual's character?

dys
20th February 2011, 01:58 PM
The drunk driving laws are based on group punishment (which is similar to what you are talking about) and precrime. Precrime is punishing people for what they might do. It is immoral and unlawful to punish people for crimes that may or may not come to fruition based on subjective predictive indicators. Actually, every States Supreme Court agrees with this premise http://marcstevens.net/component/content/article/52-standing-cross-reference.html, but you will never find an attorney to argue this on your behalf (I know, I've tried).

dys

willie pete
20th February 2011, 02:00 PM
from one of the local TV sites...

With dashboard camera rolling, West Union Police K-9 Sergeant Jason Daniels says when he advised 21-year-old Phillip Evans he was going to arrest him for driving under the influence, not having a license and expired tags, Evans got belligerent and resisted arrest.

Sgt. Jason Daniels, West Union Police: "I drew my taser, gave him several warnings, at that, an individual I didn't know coming from the Speedway store started approaching the scene. At that time, Phillip Evans, the driver, started getting more combative, I tased the individuals and started to fall backwards."

While all that was happening, Tim Pritchett, Evans' step-brother, had come up behind Sergeant Daniels. He grabs him by the face and throws him to the pavement, sitting on him, pinning his arms. At that point, you can see Evans begins kicking the injured sergeant in the face repeatedly with his size 13 steel toed logging boot.

"I was focused on the person on top of me and there wasn't a lot I could do with the guy kicking me in the face, ended up having to toss my taser with my wrist, because it was useless at that time... couldn't get to my weapon, couldn't get to my K-9 bailout, because I had my arms pinned to the ground... It was just survive what was coming."

While the assault was underway, a man and woman walked up and tried to intervene, which gave Daniels a chance to break away, draw his weapon and arrest the two men who'd been attacking him. A lieutenant also arrives to assist. The West Union Police Chief says Daniels assault and survival should be a lesson to cops everywhere.

Chief Roy Stricklett, West Union Police: "Never drop your guard... You never know when things are going to turn bad."

That size 13 steel toed boot is connected to a guy who, according to his drivers license, is 6 foot 3 and weighs 270 pounds. You can only imagine the impact.

Jason Daniels suffered a broken nose, various cuts and bruises, and was released from the hospital Sunday. After the attack, he put in another four hours of police work before driving himself to the hospital.

Amazingly, he tells me he'll be back on duty tomorrow. Evans and Pritchett remain behind bars on 100-thousand dollar bonds. They're both currently charged with felony assault on a police officer, and if convicted could spend between three and ten years in prison.

Ouch...size 13 Steel-Toed Logging Boot..... :D Could've been a Doc Marten?

Here's a Version of the beat-down video with the cop giving commentary.. :D

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Vicious-Attack-On-Officer-Caught-On-Camera/4HUs0aFT00msQiwrWU3ktA.cspx

solid
20th February 2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks Solid... I understand my rights now.

Do you really? No offense, but very few people actually do. The question of what is "reasonable" you could write a book on the subject, there is so much articulation and gray area there. It depends upon the situation.

Reasonable suspicion is needed to detain a person. That person is not under arrest, but detained. If probably cause is found then that person could be placed under arrest.

You can detain someone too, you have that right. As citizens we all do. I tried to detain a guy once, just being a normal citizen. The gal at the store ran up to me and told me a guy had shoplifted. I told the guy I was detaining him. Did it work out well? Not really, he ran from me and I ended up chasing him. It did lead to a funny story though.

See, we actually have more rights than most people realize.

It works both ways. Just putting on a blue uniform doesn't give the public the right to use cops as their whipping boys. You attack a cop, he has the same rights as you do, to fight for his life.

Escalation of force, read up on that as well.

solid
20th February 2011, 05:30 PM
Here's a question for thought..

Say you find someone walking out of your garage with your tools. You detain the guy at gunpoint until the cops show up. Cops place him in handcuffs, you make a statement, help with the reports..cops take him away.

Who arrested that guy, you or the cops?

BrewTech
20th February 2011, 06:03 PM
Here's a question for thought..

Say you find someone walking out of your garage with your tools. You detain the guy at gunpoint until the cops show up. Cops place YOU in handcuffs, you make a statement, they tell you to shut the fuck up and maybe taze you for resisting arrest, ..cops take you away.

I edited your statement to reflect reality.

I pull a gun on someone that is unarmed, regardless of the reason, I'm going to jail, in spite of the fact I'm the victim.

solid
20th February 2011, 06:53 PM

I pull a gun on someone that is unarmed, regardless of the reason, I'm going to jail, in spite of the fact I'm the victim.

Nope, you can make an arrest on your own property gunpoint, if you've been a victim of a crime. You can't shoot the guy though, unless your life is threatened.

BrewTech
20th February 2011, 07:27 PM
[quote=BrewTech ]

Nope, you can make an arrest on your own property gunpoint, if you've been a victim of a crime. You can't shoot the guy though, unless your life is threatened.

I'll pass that along to the sheriff's deputy as he's cranking the cuffs tight... if I'm still conscious, that is.

::)

Horn
21st February 2011, 12:09 AM
You can't shoot the guy though, unless your life is threatened.

Which is why you'll never find yourself in that situation.

Twisted Titan
21st February 2011, 03:07 AM

Good lucking proving that in court if you have the money to post bail( if allowed by state prosecutor) and your weapon seized

Twisted Titan
21st February 2011, 03:27 AM
They are agents of tyranny. They cannot be there when a real crime is being commited. They come later when all is safe and punish the innocent. We see this again and again. When real trouble starts they are gone. All that matters later is that they collar someone, guilty or not, to make it look like they are earning their keep.

Which is why you NEVER call the cops for shit.

You're better off handling it yourself or eating the loss.

But the second you file a report you place a giant bulleye on your back with all the info they will ever need to snag your azz now or in the future

True Story:

Had a buddy file a report after his car was broken into in the following months My friend is paid a visit twice by detectives

Was it to report that status of his report? No

Was it inform that they have a suspect in custody? No

He was questioned because there have been shootings in the area and him be a gun owner so they needed to rule him out. aka the fishing expidition

I didnt bust on my friend but hindsight is always 20/20

If he didnt file a report it would have never been revealed( why he disclosed I will never know but its illegal to lie to police) that he was a gun owner ( or had access to a fire arm on his property) the Dectectives would have never had a potential "lead" to follow in the first place.

Moral of story: 99% of the time any interation with LE is going to end badly for you.

solid
21st February 2011, 08:40 AM
Which is why you NEVER call the cops for shit.

You're better off handling it yourself or eating the loss.

TT, I understand how folks feel about cops, however the way things are 'accelerating', I think we all may be dealing with them more and more in the near future.

If you know the game..and it is a game, like a game of chess. There's words behind the words, questions behind questions, we can all prep ourselves to deal with them through knowledge.

Don't trust cops, however don't fear them either.