PDA

View Full Version : America: Repudiate your $17 trillion of debt

Antonio
23rd February 2011, 02:57 PM
http://21stcenturywire.com/2011/02/17/repudiate-our-17-trillion-of-debt/

written by Dick Eastman.

Neuro
23rd February 2011, 03:29 PM
Actually the US can pay any debt that it owes in US dollars, it just needs to print US dollars and pay it. Yes the US Dollar won't be worth that much after, but it is doable.

Serpo
23rd February 2011, 04:04 PM
Actually the US can pay any debt that it owes in US dollars, it just needs to print US dollars and pay it. Yes the US Dollar won't be worth that much after, but it is doable.

Not enough ink.......

Libertytree
23rd February 2011, 04:15 PM
Ain't no sense of beatin' around the bush.

Run the central bankers out of the country at gun point, if we don't hang them 1st and be done with it. For all the other debts they say we owe, a great big FUCK YOU is in order.

osoab
23rd February 2011, 04:19 PM
What about the 140 trillion in obligations? :dunno

Libertytree
23rd February 2011, 04:31 PM

What exactly are you obligated to do?

Trinity
23rd February 2011, 04:32 PM
It was repudiated before (see the thirty five year decline in bond prices from 1946 to 1981), and it will be repudiated again. Deal with it.

midnight rambler
23rd February 2011, 04:32 PM
I am afraid by constitutional amendment repudiation is not a valid action

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

But first understand that the debt of the United States is not the debt of the United States of America. Also, while the 14th amendment has INDIVIDUAL application ... it is up to the INDIVIDUAL to decide whether the 14th amendment is valid or not. The remedy is given in 15 Stat 249 (read this as the several States are foreign countries to the United States). So the 14th amendment set up an insurgent government whose debt cannot be questioned as long as YOU are a member of that body politic.

The 14th Amendment was never ratified per Art. 5 of the US Constitution.

osoab
23rd February 2011, 04:36 PM

What exactly are you obligated to do?

S.S., Medicare, Federal and Military Pensions.

I have not added in the State and local pensions obligations.

Just sayin. If you repudiate the current 17 trillion, you still have to deal with what is on deck.

Libertytree
23rd February 2011, 04:45 PM
I don't know about anybody else's frame of mind but I personally don't think I owe the system one red cent, they take what they want as it is. Good luck with that 140T.

osoab
23rd February 2011, 04:55 PM
I don't know about anybody else's frame of mind but I personally don't think I owe the system one red cent, they take what they want as it is. Good luck with that 140T.

That is what was promised. A whole bunch of people we know and love are going to get burnt once this is repudiated or devalued through printing/digitizing.

I don't bring it up flippantly. I think that if the current account deficit is to be discussed the 100 pound gorilla might as well show up.

The 300 pounder is all the derivatives. I don't like to think of that one.

Book
23rd February 2011, 05:37 PM
If you repudiate the current 17 trillion, you still have to deal with what is on deck.

http://getmyphoto.net/pics/-cash-grandma-gun-money-xaxxa-261.jpg

Libertytree
23rd February 2011, 05:45 PM

That is what was promised. A whole bunch of people we know and love are going to get burnt once this is repudiated or devalued through printing/digitizing.

I don't bring it up flippantly. I think that if the current account deficit is to be discussed the 100 pound gorilla might as well show up.

The 300 pounder is all the derivatives. I don't like to think of that one.

Promises are one thing, reality is quite another. We're ALL gonna get burnt, hell, for that matter since when have we not been getting burnt? The 1000 lb gorilla is knockin on the door, we just don't want to open it.