PDA

View Full Version : 'Live Ammunition' Tweet Sinks Deputy AG

osoab
23rd February 2011, 05:05 PM
The tweeter is a grade A fuckstick. Remember, there are plenty more of his type.

I first saw this over at Deninnger's site.

Government Employee: Shoot The People (http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=180761)

If this report is accurate, we have a serious problem on our hands folks: (http://www.dylanratigan.com/2011/02/23/indiana-official-use-live-ammunition-against-wisconsin-protesters/)

On Saturday night, when Mother Jones staffers tweeted a report that riot police might soon sweep demonstrators out of the Wisconsin capitol building—something that didn’t end up happening—one Twitter user sent out a chilling public response: “Use live ammunition.”

From my own Twitter account, I confronted the user, JCCentCom. He tweeted back that the demonstrators were “political enemies” and “thugs” who were “physically threatening legally elected officials.” In response to such behavior, he said, “You’re damned right I advocate deadly force.” He later called me a “typical leftist,” adding, “liberals hate police.”

Only later did we realize that JCCentCom was a deputy attorney general for the state of Indiana.

'Live Ammunition' Tweet Sinks Deputy AG (http://www.theindychannel.com/news/26969006/detail.html)

INDIANAPOLIS -- A deputy in the Indiana Attorney General's Office is no longer employed by the state following online comments he made concerning protesters at the Wisconsin Legislature.

Mother Jones, a political website, tweeted Saturday, "Sources in Madison say riot police have been ordered to clear protesters from capitol at 2 am," to which Deputy Attorney General Jeff Cox responded using his personal account, "Use live ammunition."

In an article published Wednesday on Mother Jones, author Adam Weinstein said Cox continued to advocate the use of deadly force on protesters.

Cox tweeted, "You're damn right I advocate deadly force," in response to a query from Weinstein.

The Indiana Attorney General's Office said Wednesday morning that Cox's comments were under review. A later statement said Cox was "no longer employed by this agency."

"Civility and courtesy toward all members of the public are very important to the Indiana Attorney General's Office," the statement read. "We respect individuals' First Amendment right to express their personal views on private online forums, but as public servants, we are held by the public to a higher standard, and we should strive for civility."

Cox told 6News' Joanna Massee on Wednesday that his Twitter comments were intended to be satirical.

"I think this whole situation is a bit ridiculous. Public employees don't lose their own First Amendment rights, especially on their own time and own resources by virtue of their public employment," he said. "I think we're getting down a slippery slope here in terms of silencing people who disagree."

By phone, journalist Weinstein said Cox's comments made him uncomfortable.

"We thought that we had a responsibility to report these public statements of a public servant to really the people of the state that he serves," he said.

Lawyer Kevin Betz called Cox's comments appalling and said he thought there could be more repercussions.

"As a lawyer, he should be held to even higher standards," Betz said. "Potentially, there are disciplinary commission issues that may or not be raised."

Cox said he believes the Wisconsin protesters have a right to voice their opinions and regrets his choice of words.

"I think, in this day and age, that tweet was not a good idea," he said. "In terms of that language, I'm not going to use it anymore."

Ponce
23rd February 2011, 05:28 PM
At least you will have a legal way someday to shoot cops........like fighting for your life?, and when the case goes before a jury you will win......if you have 12 of your own in judgement.

po14015
23rd February 2011, 08:19 PM
At least you will have a legal way someday to shoot cops........like fighting for your life?, and when the case goes before a jury you will win......if you have 12 of your own in judgement.

Judge, lawyer, and sheriff either m ason or j ewish.

Let me know how that goes.....

k-os
23rd February 2011, 10:58 PM
Can you imagine getting fired for a tweet? Ha! That is too funny!

Did you know that every single tweet ever posted is being archived at the Library of Congress? I imagine this will be considered a "historical" one.

mick silver
24th February 2011, 09:04 AM
just think about this ... if the tea party had said this it would on the news every hour and people would be asking for that said people to be jailed

Twisted Titan
24th February 2011, 09:17 AM
How did they find out the real Name and adresse of the person Behind this Tweet Account????

osoab
24th February 2011, 09:19 AM
How did they find out the real Name and adresse of the person Behind this Tweet Account????

Did he use his real name to set the account up?

Twisted Titan
24th February 2011, 09:49 AM
I really dont know how any of those social media sites work

Bing
Twitter
Myspace
Facebook
Gmail
Podcasting

I couldnt tell you a dam thing about them.