PDA

View Full Version : Girl Scout Cookie Stand Shut Down By Police

BrewTech
26th February 2011, 08:01 AM
Girl Scout Cookie Stand Shut Down By Police

Video at link

"It was going really well, and then HE came... :'( "

"He was scaring us because we thought the adults were going to jail..."

I lol'd (not really) at the way these jackasses tried to bribe the kids after their jackboot soldier rousted them... pizza party and a tour of the police station?? That's like Satan sending a demon into a child's dream, and then offering a personal tour of Hell as an apology.

Instead of telling the police chief and mayor to go fuck themselves, these sheep moms taught their kids that when the government demands a permit for peaceful activity, you get one without question. Nice job, parents.

http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/viewVideo.php?video_id=14113&title=girl-scout-cookie-stand-shut-down-by-police

mick silver
26th February 2011, 09:21 AM
all of them need to be in jail for taking money away from a store ... the cop need to see some one for help . the world gone mad

BrewTech
26th February 2011, 10:59 AM
all of them need to be in jail for taking money away from a store ... the cop need to see some one for help . the world gone mad

Who needs to be in jail? Girl Scouts? I'm not followin' ya...

mick silver
26th February 2011, 12:18 PM
:sarc: :sarc: :sarc:

BrewTech
27th February 2011, 08:11 PM
:sarc: :sarc: :sarc:

Sorry for missing that... must be all that fluoridated tap water... ;)

Serpo
27th February 2011, 10:17 PM
Lock up the girl scouts....criminals get them off the streets now.

Thin mints again ...a pattern is forming.

A personal tour of the police dept....including the cells of course....just so they know who is in charge.

Road Runner
28th February 2011, 01:41 AM
Why in the world would these parents fall in this trap and not see the underlying truths? Common sense should have told them when the police chief used the excuse that 1 1/2 yrs. ago a council person nearly ran over a child selling something so they made this city ordinance for their safety! :sarc: How in the heck does a permit (piece of paper) protect a child from getting run over???? Then that other dude states it was a "misunderstanding" so buy them pizza and tour the police station??? Of course that was AFTER they purchased a permit...

Serpo
28th February 2011, 03:21 AM
Yea the whole thing is a joke except for the power of paper

solid
28th February 2011, 07:28 AM
How in the heck does a permit (piece of paper) protect a child from getting run over???? Then that other dude states it was a "misunderstanding" so buy them pizza and tour the police station??? Of course that was AFTER they purchased a permit...

Exactly, not to mention it's the parents responsibility to keep their little girls selling cookies safe.

I think the cookie stand may have been competing with a local donut shop. The donut shop owner must have bribed the police with an extra donut, to have it shut down.

willie pete
28th February 2011, 08:17 AM
I think the underlying motive is to generate revenue for the city, maybe the city council needs a raise? ...Wonder how much the "permit" costs?

RJB
28th February 2011, 08:21 AM
They were terrorizing motorists. Send them all to Gitmo.

Neuro
28th February 2011, 01:37 PM
Funny, about a month ago, this was how the middle east rebellion started, a Police Officer, forbade a poor university graduate, to sell fruit in the streets, having lost his only way of supporting himself, he torched himself, public rose, and a couple of weeks later, the president of Tunisia fled, followed by Mubarak, and then now Khadaffi, and several other Arab states are smoldering...

Serpo
28th February 2011, 02:46 PM
How in the heck does a permit (piece of paper) protect a child from getting run over???? Then that other dude states it was a "misunderstanding" so buy them pizza and tour the police station??? Of course that was AFTER they purchased a permit...

Exactly, not to mention it's the parents responsibility to keep their little girls selling cookies safe.

I think the cookie stand may have been competing with a local donut shop. The donut shop owner must have bribed the police with an extra donut, to have it shut down.

This story has holes in it...hahaha

BrewTech
1st March 2011, 07:13 AM
Affects my opinion: Are the cookies mostly HFCS?

Certainly not "mostly", but they would certainly contain HFCS, as opposed to other cookie choices.

To answer what I think your question really was, yes these are probably the crappiest factory cookies one can obtain. Perfect for fundraising.

I'll reiterate that I think the most important part of this video was the reaction of the kids (not yet corrupted) when the state intervened in their peaceful, socially-acceptable activities.

They were clearly "WTF?"

I'm alsso wondering who paid for the permit... the GSA or the kids' parents?

Neuro
1st March 2011, 10:25 AM
I wonder if the general public is more accepting/sympathetic to a bunch of girl scouts going out selling cookies on a street stand without a permit vs an unemployed man doing the same trying to support his starving family?

Unfortunately I think I know the answer to that question...

solid
1st March 2011, 10:39 AM
I wonder if the general public is more accepting/sympathetic to a bunch of girl scouts going out selling cookies on a street stand without a permit vs an unemployed man doing the same trying to support his starving family?

While I feel for the unemployed guy as well..they are little girl scouts selling cookies. Man, who could be so heartless to pick on the little girl scouts.

The unemployed guy should have done the public a service. He could have put on a cookie monster costume, and beat the crap out those mean cops. The girls scouts would have loved that...cookie monster saves cookie stand.

Neuro
1st March 2011, 10:51 AM
Hey Solid, my parents used to call me the cookie monster when I was a kid... Still once in a while I like a cookie or twelve...

I can see the new Sesame Street show!

"Cookie MONSTER goes to FEMA camp, for rampage against Police station..."

solid
1st March 2011, 10:59 AM
Hey Solid, my parents used to call me the cookie monster when I was a kid... Still once in a while I like a cookie or twelve...

I can see the new Sesame Street show!

"Cookie MONSTER goes to FEMA camp, for rampage against Police station..."

LOL, that would be funny. Stranger things have happened though...remember last year when a little green leprechaun robbed some banks and got into a shoot out with the police. Poor little green fellow, dies on St. Patty's day just looking for his gold.

http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2010/03/man_in_leprechaun_outfit_robs.html

oldmansmith
1st March 2011, 11:26 AM

They also contain hydrogenated oils, which are worse. Last cookies I "bought" I told the girl to keep the cookies as I would not eat them.

silver solution
1st March 2011, 11:30 AM
Thin Mints box says theres no HFCS.

MNeagle
1st March 2011, 12:47 PM

No, the only one that has any HFCS is Dulce de Leche, and it's less than 2%.

Partially hydrogenated oils are in 3: Samoas, Tagalongs, and Thin Mints.

http://www.girlscoutcookies.org/

horseshoe3
2nd March 2011, 06:09 AM
Why were these girls selling their own cookies anyways?

They should have sent their parents to shake down their co-workers. That way the girls don't have to learn anything about salesmanship, public speaking, customer service or interaction in the adult world. That's the way it works at my place of employment, I thought it was universal.

silver solution
2nd March 2011, 10:41 PM
Why were these girls selling their own cookies anyways?

They should have sent their parents to shake down their co-workers. That way the girls don't have to learn anything about salesmanship, public speaking, customer service or interaction in the adult world. That's the way it works at my place of employment, I thought it was universal.
You mean people still have jops?