PDA

View Full Version : Large crack opens in the earth in southern Peru

platinumdude
27th February 2011, 01:50 PM
http://www.livinginperu.com/news-14238-outside-of-lima-puno-large-crack-opens-earth-southern-peru

http://filer.livinginperu.com/news/earth-crack-puno.jpg

The sudden appearance early in the morning of an enormous crack, measuring 100 meters wide and three kilometers long, caused confusion among residents of the Huacullani district in the Chucuito province, department of Puno.

The exact cause of the crack in the earth still unknown. Peru’s geophysical institute ruled out the occurrence of an earthquake in the region, but what is clear is that the ground opened up and large blocks of earth can be observed scattered throughout the area.

The event, recorded Wednesday morning, caused the collapse of one house located in the rural community of Llorohoco. Four people managed to escape, but the youngest in the family, five-year-old Jean Carlos Vilcanqui Acero, is missing.

Geological engineers from the regional committee for civil defense have arrived in the area to investigate the phenomenon and determine its causes, said Javier Pampamallco, Puno’s civil defense chief.

Steal
27th February 2011, 03:04 PM
I tell ya...things are gettin pretty wack around the globe.

Heimdhal
27th February 2011, 03:36 PM
Hasnt the world learned yet that Crack kills?

On a more serious note, I mirror Steals statement.....shits getting weirder and weirder

Walter Mitty
27th February 2011, 03:44 PM
I'll tell you all this crap is starting to make me think Planet X or Nirbiru or Elenin or whatevet the hell you want to call it is actually out there and incoming. In my opinion something might just be exerting an abnormal gravitational pull on the planet.

Spectrism
27th February 2011, 04:47 PM
These are the end days and they will be unlike anything that has gone before. Extremes of everything and things that are completely bizarre. Patience has come to an end.

When the crack opens up in Arkansas, we will begin to see some excitement here.

vacuum
27th February 2011, 05:11 PM
I'll tell you all this crap is starting to make me think Planet X or Nirbiru or Elenin or whatevet the hell you want to call it is actually out there and incoming. In my opinion something might just be exerting an abnormal gravitational pull on the planet.

It would be interesting if the crack is east/west since planet-x is supposedly pulling from the south.

Spectrism
28th February 2011, 10:01 AM
These are the end days and they will be unlike anything that has gone before. Extremes of everything and things that are completely bizarre. Patience has come to an end.

There was a small earthquake in Arkansas shortly after I posted this.
U.S. Geological Survey recorded the 4.7 quake at 11 p.m. Sunday

The scratches are starting... the earth is being scored for the openings. Perhaps stretch-marks are a better description as this ugly baby is about to be born.

bellevuebully
28th February 2011, 10:43 AM

There was a small earthquake in Arkansas shortly after I posted this.
U.S. Geological Survey recorded the 4.7 quake at 11 p.m. Sunday

The scratches are starting... the earth is being scored for the openings. Perhaps stretch-marks are a better description as this ugly baby is about to be born.

Should we start a thread for the naming of the 6th of the Great Lakes?

JohnQPublic
28th February 2011, 10:43 AM
Bizarre, but it looks more like 20-30m wide, not 100m.