PDA

View Full Version : Another Killer LEO skates free.

Down1
9th March 2011, 04:32 PM
Oops, just an accident.

A Framingham police officer who shot and killed a 68-year-old man during an early morning drug raid will not face criminal charges.

The Middlesex district attorney’s office says officer Paul Duncan stumbled and accidentally fired his rifle, hitting Eurie Stamps as he lay on the floor on his stomach with his hands up.

Authorities said Wednesday that an investigation shows Duncan lost his balance while preparing to handcuff Stamps and check him for weapons after members of the SWAT team entered the Fountain Street home just after midnight on Jan. 5.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1322208&srvc=rss

Publico Pro Se
9th March 2011, 05:46 PM
Involuntary manslaughter at the very least.

Ares
9th March 2011, 05:48 PM
Involuntary manslaughter at the very least.

For you and me yeah, but for an "officer of the law." No charges.... :oo-->

beefsteak
9th March 2011, 05:55 PM
That's just plain sad to read about.

I will not pass judgment, as I was not there.

Would those above this post feel better if the 68yr old on the floor was a murderer being taken into custody when this happened? A rapist? A pedophile?

Let's support the good ones. There are such things as accidents.

Book
9th March 2011, 06:11 PM
Let's support the good ones. There are such things as accidents.

Exactly.

Ares
9th March 2011, 06:30 PM
There are such things as accidents.

Absolutely, no denying that at all. But if you or I were to have an accident shoot and kill someone we'd be charged with manslaughter.

Book
9th March 2011, 06:33 PM
But if you or I were to have an accident shoot and kill someone we'd be charged with manslaughter.

We want the ambulance driver racing in traffic to save us. Do you want him to go 25mph with YOU in the back?

:)

Ares
9th March 2011, 07:04 PM
But if you or I were to have an accident shoot and kill someone we'd be charged with manslaughter.

We want the ambulance driver racing in traffic to save us. Do you want him to go 25mph with YOU in the back?

You can stick with hypothetical all you want, but I'll stick with reality. As far as I know, Dick Cheney is the only one who can shoot someone with a gun "accidentally" and not be charged with a crime. Well outside of the police force that is.

Go ahead and try it, even if the person lives and doesn't press charges you'll be charged with weapons violations from the prosecuting attorney.

woodman
9th March 2011, 07:35 PM
Yep. Just take their word for it. We all know they wouldn't lie.

mrnhtbr2232
9th March 2011, 08:11 PM
There are such things as accidents.

Absolutely, no denying that at all. But if you or I were to have an accident shoot and kill someone we'd be charged with manslaughter.

There are good cops, there are bad cops, but all cops are protected by the system and we are not. That's the bottom line. The double standard is always in play, 24/7/365. "Accidents" can be just as deadly as intentional - woops, you killed him. Circle the wagons vs. you kill a home intruder as a regular guy and get arrested, your home tossed, and your financial life ruined in civil court.

And what's up with "stumbling and accidentally firing his rifle" and "lost his balance while preparing to handcuff" - was he aiming his rifle and attempting to handcuff at the same time with one hand? Because if he was using both hands the rifle would have been in the sling position. How does a weapon get fired accidentally when your hand is not even on the trigger? Something's not right here.

Book
9th March 2011, 08:17 PM
Anybody have a realistic solution that makes sense at the local Police Academy?

Mistakes happen in every profession.

Who would risk being a police officer?

ximmy
9th March 2011, 08:32 PM
OOps... I blew his brains out... oh well... it was an accident... ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCyVmQB_Hjg

Book
9th March 2011, 08:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPx1tno_GBU

Awoke
10th March 2011, 04:51 AM
Accident my ass...

http://www.vancouverite.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/cop-beating-Iranian.jpg

"...oops, I tripped while trying to help the lady with the cane. The guy accidently got lightly tapped by my club as it glanced by him."

:oo-->

Awoke
10th March 2011, 04:52 AM
Look. This guys slipped on the bathroom floor and accidently knocked the inmate down.

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/CBS_Production_News/1002/239/es_beating_302_320x240.jpg

Awoke
10th March 2011, 05:06 AM
http://streetganglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/mob1900_police_brutality2.jpg

Celtic Rogue
10th March 2011, 06:47 AM
In the future the police will be judge and jury and executioner of sentence! Well it saves money and its good for the children! 8-) :sarc:

Crap maybe we are closer than I thought?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itmNiTwHOsM&tracker=False

mightymanx
10th March 2011, 07:56 AM
Anybody have a realistic solution that makes sense at the local Police Academy?

Mistakes happen in every profession.

Who would risk being a police officer?

Yes I do.

Create a rotation schedule where you are not a beat cop for 20 years. You rotate to desk duty after a few years then to School education duty, then back to the street, so you can maintain your humanity longer. The union would have to be removed to do that though because it bucks the seniority system.

solid
10th March 2011, 08:00 AM
And what's up with "stumbling and accidentally firing his rifle" and "lost his balance while preparing to handcuff" - was he aiming his rifle and attempting to handcuff at the same time with one hand? Because if he was using both hands the rifle would have been in the sling position. How does a weapon get fired accidentally when your hand is not even on the trigger? Something's not right here.

Exactly. This article makes no sense at all, the media obviously screwed up the details.

The officer handcuffing someone never has his hands on a firearm. That's what covering officers do. One cop handcuffs, the other stands there ready doing nothing but covering the officer doing the cuffing. Think about it, it takes two hands to cuff someone, it's impossible to do that holding a firearm. Also, what happens if the person starts resisting? He could end up wrestling and gaining control over the cop's firearm.

I don't know what to think about this article. It's obviously so far out in left field we don't know what exactly happened.

solid
10th March 2011, 08:01 AM
Yes I do.

Create a rotation schedule where you are not a beat cop for 20 years. You rotate to desk duty after a few years then to School education duty, then back to the street, so you can maintain your humanity longer. The union would have to be removed to do that though because it bucks the seniority system.

That's a very good idea!

DMac
10th March 2011, 08:05 AM

Exactly. This article makes no sense at all, the media obviously screwed up the details.

The officer handcuffing someone never has his hands on a firearm. That's what covering officers do. One cop handcuffs, the other stands there ready doing nothing but covering the officer doing the cuffing. Think about it, it takes two hands to cuff someone, it's impossible to do that holding a firearm. Also, what happens if the person starts resisting? He could end up wrestling and gaining control over the cop's firearm.

I don't know what to think about this article. It's obviously so far out in left field we don't know what exactly happened.

We know someone's not telling the truth.

Awoke
10th March 2011, 08:12 AM
I figure the pig shot him and then just made up lies to cover himself.

solid
10th March 2011, 08:37 AM
I figure the pig shot him and then just made up lies to cover himself.

Could be the case, though even that doesn't make sense to me. That's a bad lie. You would think they would come up with a lie that at least makes sense. Stupid and corrupt usually do not go hand in hand, but maybe they do in this case.