PDA

View Full Version : PTC Attacks 'Good Christian Bitches' Pilot

MNeagle
10th March 2011, 07:46 AM
The Parents Television Council now is starting to criticize TV projects even before they have gotten on the air. The TV watch group, which recently waged a campaign against MTV's racy new series Skins, today issued a blistering statement against ABC's dramedy pilot Good Christian Bitches. “ABC’s decision is not only an affront to women, it blatantly attacks the world’s largest faith," PTC president Tim Winter said. "The ‘b-word’ is toxic and is used to degrade, abuse, harass, bully and humiliate women. And the ‘Christian’ element only adds insult to injury. Would ABC even consider another faith to denigrate? Would they even consider a program title or a plot line based on ‘Bitches’ who were Muslim, Hindu, Jewish or Buddhist? I suspect not, and I certainly hope not. So why the double standard?"

Good Christian Bitches is, of course, a working title for the pilot, which is based on Kim Gatlin's book of the same name and will be changed if the project goes to series, as will be the moniker of another ABC pilot briefly mentioned in PTC's statement, comedy Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt. 23. Even as working titles, Winter finds those offensive. "Regardless of whether the title ultimately makes it to broadcast, ABC has publicly proclaimed its values and it has tarnished the Disney brand,” he said.

Described as a secy soap,Good Christian Bitches stars Leslie Bibb as a mother of two and onetime “mean girl” in high school who returns home humbled following a scandalous divorce, hoping to get a second chance at winning over her old classmates.

PTC previously unsuccessfully tried to change the name of CBS’ comedy $#*! My Dad Says which got on air with the original title announced by the network at its upfront presentation.

http://www-deadline-com.vimg.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/GoodChristianBitches1-202x300.jpg

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/ptc-attacks-good-christian-bitches-pilot/