PDA

View Full Version : 36 hours in hell........

Ponce
14th March 2011, 04:15 PM
No power for 21 hours and then no comp for an extra15 hours.......crap.......I did tried to tell them that my lost of power had nothing to do with the lost of my DSL because I was talking to them on the phone but they would not believe me..........I was using my old rotatery phone that requieres no hook up to electricity, I would suggest that all of you get hold of one and that way you would be able to talk to your people if you were to loose electricity.............last time that I did loose power I was in the internet with no problem thanks to my Harbor Freight solar power and 12 v batteries.

First post of the eday.........good evening to one and all.

Neuro
14th March 2011, 04:20 PM
I thought this was about the hell in Japan...

k-os
14th March 2011, 04:44 PM
Wait a minute. Hell is being out of electricity for 36 hours? I feel like I've wasted my life trying to be a good person for nothing.

sunshine05
14th March 2011, 04:48 PM
Glad your 36 hours of hell is over, Ponce:).

vacuum
14th March 2011, 04:55 PM
I find it interesting that ponce measures 'hell' by the time he was without internet, not the time he was without power.

SilverTop
14th March 2011, 04:57 PM
No power for 21 hours and then no comp for an extra15 hours.......crap.......I did tried to tell them that my lost of power had nothing to do with the lost of my DSL because I was talking to them on the phone but they would not believe me..........I was using my old rotatery phone that requieres no hook up to electricity, I would suggest that all of you get hold of one and that way you would be able to talk to your people if you were to loose electricity.............last time that I did loose power I was in the internet with no problem thanks to my Harbor Freight solar power and 12 v batteries.

First post of the eday.........good evening to one and all.

I got a refurbished one here--> http://www.buyoldphones.com/

mick silver
14th March 2011, 05:07 PM
dam ... that called a warm up for whats to come

Ponce
14th March 2011, 05:20 PM
Remember that in Cuba we used to loose power for 12-14 hours a day.....so that this here is nothing, and we didn't even have solar power or generators.................. but my comp? that's something else.

At least it gave me time to clean my house (somewhat) hahahahahahahha.

Santa
14th March 2011, 06:11 PM
If hell has one site on the internet, it's probably called Twitter.

steyr_m
14th March 2011, 06:46 PM

I thought that too. With all the serious stuff in the world going on, being without power and the internet for a few days is "hell"?

vacuum
14th March 2011, 06:57 PM

I thought that too. With all the serious stuff in the world going on, being without power and the internet for a few days is "hell"?

It would definitely suck being told there was a 9.0 quake, tsunami, and nuclear meltdown, then being in the dark for 3 days immediately afterward.

Ponce
14th March 2011, 07:15 PM
More than anything else I was only making fun of my situation.......must of you don't really know what hell is like, even here on Earth.....just be sure to have your two bits for Charon.

willie pete
14th March 2011, 07:20 PM
More than anything else I was only making fun of my situation.......must of you don't really know what hell is like, even here on Earth.....just be sure to have your two bits for Charon.

oye ponce....didn't you mean 2 bits of chicharron? :D

No electricity for 36 hours? .....I've GOT you beat Viejo....my record is 2.5 WEEKS :D :D

steyr_m
14th March 2011, 07:24 PM

Good that you cleared that up, I was starting to wonder...

Book
14th March 2011, 07:37 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/110033107.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57DF84A3F2F6B6B62D8 31D5AB34220C6AD0A6CB1F43869699F1F06BF04B24B4128C

Japan sends most sincere condolences to Ponce-san for his profound suffering...

Buddha
14th March 2011, 07:58 PM
Looks like I've got you beat. ;)

General Statistics - Buddha

Total Time Spent Online: 11 days, 1 hours and 44 minutes.

Ponce
14th March 2011, 09:09 PM
With 10 solar pannels, six generators, 5 coal lanters, 3 kerosine lams, 5 wind up LED lights, 10 LED flashlights, 200 candles.........and I forget what else.......I am pretty well set up for the dark............and for heat I am also set up for at least four to five years........water? all that I need for free.......food? for about seven years........TP? 1,750 rolls hahahaahahaahahaha.

hoarder
14th March 2011, 09:12 PM
You don't need a rotary phone to talk without power:
http://www.smithgear.com/itt-2500-mt-ash.html

I don't have electricity and my laptop works fine, sometimes 16 hours a day. You can buy a "cigarette lighter adaptor" transformer and run it off 12 volt batteries.

Ponce
15th March 2011, 09:12 AM
Horader? mine is the same thing (push buttons) but mine is the old style that you hang on the wall... also have one of the old flip flop (like the ones in Star Trek) that I cut off the end of the wires and adapted two small alligator clips so that I can make phones calls from anywhere that I have access to phone lines..... while living in the back of my pick up I used to make phone calls with it.....even to Cuba hahahahahahahaah.

First post of the day..........good morning to one and all.

sunnyandseventy
15th March 2011, 09:26 AM
TP? 1,750 rolls hahahaahahaahahaha

:boom

I was looking for a "worship" smiley but there is none.

So I figured if this little guy is grunting one out that it'd have to do!

Ponce
15th March 2011, 09:40 AM
That one to me looks like one of jelousy and not one of a smile hahahahahahahahaha.

Awoke
15th March 2011, 09:46 AM
oye ponce....didn't you mean 2 bits of chicharron? :D

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x14ell?theme=none