PDA

View Full Version : Hey you Americans!

Awoke
16th March 2011, 10:48 AM
I was wondering how much you guys can find those KPOS Glock conversion frames for in whatever stae you're in? (Fab Arms K.P.O.S)

I found them in Canada, but the bastards all want $400 plus shipping for one. I don't want to argue the merits of owning one if you don't like them. Suffice it to say that I do want one.

Anyways, are they $400 where you are? I ask because I have family all over the states so I can get it an an American price.

sunnyandseventy
16th March 2011, 10:54 AM
Would need a SBR Class 2 or AOW SOT stamp to legally own one I think.

Awoke
16th March 2011, 10:56 AM
It's just a composite frame that clips onto the glock.

See the photo in post#4 here:
http://gold-silver.us/forum/firearms/glock-18/msg176872/#msg176872

sunnyandseventy
16th March 2011, 11:08 AM
The folding stock that is attached to the frame would be the issue. Can't have a stock, legally, on a pistol.

Have you ever seen those AR-15 "pistols" offered with a folding stock?

sunnyandseventy
16th March 2011, 11:24 AM
I'm not trying to discourage you from getting one.......I'm all for arms proliferation :)

A quote from the manufacturer site:
"Our primary objective is always to provide our soldiers and law enforcement personnel with the tools they Need to carry out their missions, to give them an edge in the field, and to keep them safe."

This is their home page. Notice they are located in israel.
http://www.fab-defense.com/

sunnyandseventy
16th March 2011, 11:29 AM
And what looks to be a rabbi using some of their products in Baghdad.

http://www.fab-defense.com/index.php?lang=en&page=gallery&file=./images/gallery/Bagdad.jpg

Awoke
16th March 2011, 12:17 PM
Hahaha, s70, you prick. I know it's jewish dammit! lol! I don't like that fact, but the hebrews design some awesome stuff.

Anyways, I would have to say that I would be quite surprised if you can't get them in the states, considering I live in Canada, and I can legally buy one.

SLV^GLD
16th March 2011, 12:31 PM
Anyways, I would have to say that I would be quite surprised if you can't get them in the states, considering I live in Canada, and I can legally buy one.
We in the states can buy and own lots of very neat things. We even get to go out in our backyards and shoot those very neat things any time we damn well please. The catch we get for having very neat things is paying for the "tax stamp" which entitles the goons to come search our premises at will... and they will. If they find a shoestring and a paperclip under the same roof they can bust you for owning the parts to assemble a machine gun and not having the tax stamp for that machine gun. Once busted you lose all your money, all your guns, all your home and you are not allowed to own guns ever again.

"Legally" is a funny word like that.

sunnyandseventy
16th March 2011, 12:34 PM
Hahaaa!
I'm sure you can get them here. But the first distributor I came across online quoted $399CA. None from the States jumped out at me. Though I'm sure if I were interested in getting one I would have looked harder ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if the American dealers ask for some sort of paperwork. I know Bushmaster at one point wouldn't sell their 11.5 inch AR upper without papers. But I digress.......

Good luck getting one!

Awoke
16th March 2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah, but doesn't an AR upper also include the firing pin and barrel?

I don't know. I'm not trying to argue, all I'm saying is that this is merely a composite stock, nothing more than a piece of plastic.

It should be no more restricted than a foregrip or a weaver mounted flashlight assembly, imo.

sirgonzo420
16th March 2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah, but doesn't an AR upper also include the firing pin and barrel?

I don't know. I'm not trying to argue, all I'm saying is that this is merely a composite stock, nothing more than a piece of plastic.

It should be no more restricted than a foregrip or a weaver mounted flashlight assembly, imo.

"should be"

a lot of things would be different if we ran the world

Awoke
16th March 2011, 12:56 PM
[psychic hat]

I am sensing that I am not going to get a straight answer, regarding if I can save a hundred bucks by buying one of these in the states.

[/psychic hat]

sunnyandseventy
16th March 2011, 01:02 PM
[psychic hat]

I am sensing that I am not going to get a straight answer, regarding if I can save a hundred bucks by buying one of these in the states.

[/psychic hat]

Oh... ;D
Did you mean you GSUS/GIM(RIP) family when you mentioned family in the States?

sirgonzo420
16th March 2011, 01:02 PM
[psychic hat]

[/psychic hat]

They aren't any cheaper here, from what I can find.

Before you purchase one in the US, one is supposed to register the firearm in question as a "short-barreled rifle" with the ATF (and probably pay some tax or some shit).

If you can get one without hassles in Canada, go for it, if that's what you want.

And if you want one from the US, then good luck finding someone who is willing to risk being accused of violating federal law, and someone willing to buy a product from "israel".

sunnyandseventy
16th March 2011, 01:08 PM
And if you want one from the US, then good luck finding someone who is willing to risk being accused of violating federal law, and someone willing to buy a product from "israel".

There was a Quebecer that frequented ranges down here. Good guy to hang with on the range. Funny, and a good marksman.

Then we didn't see or hear from him for a long time. One of the dealers he was close with came out and said he'd been busted bringing gun stuff (scopes, mounts, bi pods, long range rifle gear, and 30 round AR mags) back to CA without paying GST PST(?).

Needless to say no one has tried to keep in touch with him.

SLV^GLD
16th March 2011, 01:16 PM
[psychic hat]

[/psychic hat]
The straight answer is that even if the actual ticket price of the firearm were under $100 from what you can procure by the time the tax stamps were paid and whatever other hoops were cleared to get the thing legally transferred internationally the price would be well over what you can get it for locally. Sorry if I didn't make that clear, I admit I was rather obtuse with all the venting and such.

Awoke
16th March 2011, 03:16 PM
Sounds good. I suppose it would be simpler forme to just get mine from the Canadian vendor, if I choose to.
$400 is a pretty jewish price to be paying for a hunk of plastic though, I must say.

I just thought that I might be able to pick one up at a flea market in Florida for $200 or something. Worth asking about, imo.