PDA

View Full Version : Poor Israelis fear sushi shortage... How can Japan do this to us...

ximmy
16th March 2011, 11:55 AM
Israel fears sushi shortage after quake
Situation in Japan may affect regular supply of ingredients for one of Israelis' favorite dishes
Meirav Crystal
Published: 03.15.11, 14:02 / Israel Business

While Japan continues to deal with the aftermath of last Friday's devastating earthquake and tsunami, and has yet to recover from one of the greatest disasters in its history, Israelis fear a shortage in the ingredients of one of their favorite dishes: Sushi.

Many of sushi's basic components come from Japan or are imported through the battered countries. Will Israelis soon suffer from a shortage of the beloved rolls' necessary ingredients?

"There may be a shortage of sushi components, but we are still studying the situation," says Dudi Afriat of the Rakuto Kasei company, which imports the Kikkoman soy sauce, as well as seaweeds, wasabi, rice and other necessary ingredients for sushi rolls.

Rakuto Kasei is the main supplier of raw materials for sushi to all restaurants in Israel, and markets products to supermarkets as well.

"We'll be wiser once the situation in Japan stabilizes and the reconstruction begins," he explains. "I assume we'll know if there is going to be a shortage in the coming week. The main fear is of a shortage of the Kikkoman soy sauce. One Kikkoman factory in Japan was damaged and there have been delays in the supply, but we hope it won't stop the regular chain of supply."

Kikkoman has five factories around the world – in the United States, Hong Kong, Holland, Singapore and Japan. "Most of the containers arrive in Israel from the US, but the entire management is in Japan," Afriat explains.

"At the moment, it's very difficult communicating with them. There are a lot of disruptions. Yesterday I spoke with our contact in Japan, and he said it took him 10 hours to get to the office from home.

"So at the moment the situation is unclear, and it all depends on the Japanese. I trust them, because they love the soy sauce more than we do. My only fear is that they'll have to import Kikkoman from the US, and that will affect the imports to Israel."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4042347,00.html

Twisted Titan
16th March 2011, 12:01 PM
The Suffering of Israel is deep yet again.

We should take up a collection to easy their affliction.

After all The Good Book Teaches I will bless whoever Blesses Israel

Awoke
16th March 2011, 12:34 PM
Holy shit, that seriously made the news?

:puke

sirgonzo420
16th March 2011, 12:38 PM
Will the poor jews' suffering *ever* end?

:'(

sunnyandseventy
16th March 2011, 12:39 PM
Holy shit, that seriously made the news?

:puke

Holy shit, what's the problem importing kikkomon sauce from America? It probably came from Japan!
Guess the added cost would give jews acid reflux. I WISH ACID REFLUX ON ALL OF USrael!

mamboni
16th March 2011, 12:54 PM
Obviously, the Japanese are anti-semites for allowing this calamity to happen! :sarc:

keehah
16th March 2011, 04:11 PM
News.com.AU: Snake dies of poisoning after biting Israeli model's breast (http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/snake-dies-of-silicone-poisoning-after-biting-israeli-models-fake-breast/story-e6frfmqi-1226021568658#ixzz1Go5nzthn)

March 15, 2011... The video shows the model fondling and licking the serpent for a feature in Israeli DJ Shmulik Tayar's radio show, before the snake got fresh with Fox and latched on to her bountiful left breast.

The model yelped as a man wearing a T-shirt with a Spanish profanity written on the back rushed over to help.

Fox was taken to Hillel Yaffe Hospital in Hadera, northwest of Jerusalem. After a tetanus shot and a few hours of observation, she was released, according to Telecinco.

But the snake did not fare so well. Days later, Telecinco reported that the creature had died of silicone poisoning.

mick silver
16th March 2011, 04:20 PM
why would it not make the news .............. their our leaders :sarc: :sarc: :sarc: :sarc: :sarc: :sarc: :sarc: :sarc: :sarc:

cthulu
16th March 2011, 06:15 PM
Worshipers of the star of remphan can get away with a lot of things that are outrageous.

Buddha
17th March 2011, 02:23 AM
The Jews are a noble people, who only have other nations well being at heart. Can't you selfish people see that this tragedy affects them as much, if not more than the Japanese? The Jew's empathy is unbounded, and very acute. This tragedy affects them as if they were there. Realize this! If there is no kikkoman going to Israel then that is a disconnection between them and the wonderfully vibrant Japanese culture. Have not the Jewish people been through enough throughout the course of history?

Neuro
17th March 2011, 02:59 AM
Oi Vey, I need to put on my Yarmulka, and immediately head to ze vining vall, to lament ze incrredible Chutzpah of ze Japaneze Goyim!

uncletonoose
17th March 2011, 07:35 AM
Ahhh, let's all chip in for a food box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NblqZxK6_N0

General of Darkness
17th March 2011, 07:45 AM
I swear this is the only way to deal with these whinny parasites.

http://facepwn.com/posters/nuke_it_from_orbit.jpg

Twisted Titan
19th March 2011, 05:04 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NblqZxK6_N0

Dude the fact that they can get on TV and beg for money even though every building on Wall Street is named after them still boggles my mind.

Sociopaths of the Highest Order

T

sirgonzo420
19th March 2011, 10:32 PM

Dude the fact that they can get on TV and beg for money even though every building on Wall Street is named after them still boggles my mind.

Sociopaths of the Highest Order

T

Keep in mind the "money" they are begging for consists of debt-laden-usury-notes that they (the jewish banksters) have foisted on the people of the world.

lapis
21st March 2011, 12:34 PM
Ha ha. ;)

http://uleak.it/?069

"Israeli chefs feel very connected to this product. After the tsunami I received phone calls from hysterical people fearing a shortage of Kikkoman - Dudi Afriat, Israeli sushi importer

(ISTANBUL) - Making rounds over the past few days is an item from the Business section of Israel’s Ynet news site, entitled “Israel fears sushi shortage after quake”.

The article begins by noting that, while Japan “has yet to recover from one of the greatest disasters in its history, Israelis fear a shortage in the ingredients of one of their favorite dishes: Sushi”.

In case readers are still unclear as to the identity of the real victims of the Japanese earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear radiation crisis, the second paragraph of the article underscores the frightening dilemma presently facing humanity:

"Many of sushi’s basic components come from Japan or are imported through the battered countries. Will Israelis soon suffer from a shortage of the beloved rolls’ necessary ingredients?"

That all is not lost is confirmed by the article’s subheading, however: “Rice shortage not expected”.

Sane observers appear to be confused as to whether the piece was intended for publication in The Onion, where it would certainly thrive thanks in large part to the article’s protagonist Dudi Afriat, sales manager of the Rakuto Kasei company that imports Kikkoman soy sauce and other sushi paraphernalia to Israel.

Among Afriat’s contributions are pronouncements about the role of Kikkoman in Israeli society:

"Israeli chefs feel very connected to this product. After the tsunami I received phone calls from hysterical people fearing a shortage of Kikkoman."

One thing The Onion editors might have done differently is to make Afriat less of a passive observer. His remark that damage to a Kikkoman factory in Japan has caused “delays in the supply” and fueled shortage fears, for example, might have been jazzed up with a suggestion that the Japanese technicians currently working round-the-clock and risking death to defuse the radiation crisis instead divide their time and energy between the Fukushima nuclear power plant and the Kikkoman factory.

Israel’s tendency to cast itself as uniquely entitled to victimhood is nothing new, of course, although it usually occurs at the expense of Arab and Muslim populations rather than Japanese. Given that the Israeli definition of victim extends even to IDF commandos who kill humanitarian activists in international waters, it is safe to assume that—if something even remotely as devastating as what has befallen Japan were to occur in Israel proper—the Israelis would not take kindly to articles in widely-read media outlets about fears of a decrease in production of Bamba snacks or the award-winning kosher pigs-in-a-blanket.

BTW, the YNetNews.com site posted a disclaimer (http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4042347,00.html) about the original Israeli sushi story:

Ynetnews clarification
While we understand the concerns voiced by some of our readers over the article, we believe the “global outrage” over it is largely disingenuous, taking one story out of context. Ynetnews has covered the Japan disaster in depth for days, with this being just one item from our Money section, giving one local angle to the bigger story. This is far from being the only concern of Israelis, or of Ynet, as some have tried to falsely argue.

Other global media outlets have also reported sushi shortage issues, including CBS in the San Francisco Bay Area. Unsurprisingly, this prompted no “outrage” or racist generalizations against all Americans. In the bottom line, we believe the reaction to this story highlights the double standard seen on many other fronts – holding Israelis to different standards than anyone else.

Ynetnews has no intention of playing along with such skewed, biased judgments.

:oo-->

ximmy
21st March 2011, 12:54 PM
Once again, it is the evil, lower order, goy who are blameworthy...

"Other global media outlets have also reported sushi shortage issues, including CBS in the San Francisco Bay Area. Unsurprisingly, this prompted no “outrage” or racist generalizations against all Americans."

Neuro
21st March 2011, 03:05 PM
Once again, it is the evil, lower order, goy who are blameworthy...

"Other global media outlets have also reported sushi shortage issues, including CBS in the San Francisco Bay Area. Unsurprisingly, this prompted no “outrage” or racist generalizations against all Americans."

Hehehe, CBS the 100% Goy front media corporation. I wonder if they ran the story, to take the pressure off...

gunDriller
21st March 2011, 06:06 PM
I felt a Need to Contribute.

"We in the United States feel your pain about the sushi & sashimi shortage. There is nothing like a California Roll or some nice raw tuna after a day of high-tech work.

However, it is possible to adopt a Depression era mentality for a second, and to identify replacement foods so we can still eat sushi.

Maybe it will end up being more like Dolmades, stuffed grape leaves.

Meanwhile, please know that many Americans are in the same boat.

Speaking of boats, I like the sushi restaurants that use boats to float the sushi dishes around.

Plus, there's always Dim Sum. Do Not Despair."