PDA

View Full Version : You are now considered a domestic terrorist if you use silver as currency.

Ponce
19th March 2011, 03:04 PM
You are now considered a domestic terrorist if you use silver as currency – Liberty Dollar creator convicted in federal court
March 19, 2011 – 1:35 pm
Clarke Morrison Rights At Citizen Time: “The leader of a group that marketed a fake currency called Liberty Dollars in the Asheville area and elsewhere has been found guilty by a federal jury of conspiracy against the government in a case of “domestic terrorism.”

Bernard von NotHaus was convicted Friday at the conclusion of an eight-day trial in U.S. District Court in Statesville. The jury deliberated less than two hours, according to the Department of Justice.

Charges remain pending against William Kevin Innes, an Asheville man who authorities said recruited merchants in Western North Carolina willing to accept the “barter” currency, according to court records. Innes was indicted along with von NotHaus in 2009.

“Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are simply a unique form of domestic terrorism,” U.S. Attorney Anne Tompkins said. “While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country.”

The case was investigated by the FBI, Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office and U.S. Secret Service with help from the U.S. Mint.

“We are determined to meet these threats through infiltration, disruption and dismantling of organizations which seek to challenge the legitimacy of our democratic form of government,” Tompkins said.

Von NotHaus, 67, faces up to 25 years in prison during sentencing, which hasn’t been scheduled. The government also is seeking the forfeiture of about 16,000 pounds of Liberty Dollar coins and precious metals valued at nearly $7 million.”

http://revolutionarypolitics.com/?p=4978

Hatha Sunahara
19th March 2011, 03:51 PM
We will see a day when people who sell things will prefer to be paid in silver, or gold. I don't see how the government can tell people what they can take in exchange for what they sell. How do you enforce such a law? Do you bust everybody who stamps out silver coins? How about the Franklin Mint? (No silver there), Or even gold forums who occasionally stamp out souvenir coins. You can buy all sorts of these specialty coins on eBay. I bought a sliver round on eBay not long ago that had a Marijuana Leaf on one side, and a stoner with a joint on the other side. One ounce of 9999 pure silver. I am now using it to make colloidal silver so I can bypass the Health Care monopoly. Why didn't they bust the guys who minted that coin? And why is the US Mint obliged by law to meet the demand for silver American Eagle coins when these coins are not considered money?

You can tell how broken and how close to collapse the whole 'system' is by the number of contradictions like this you can find across its whole range of activities.

Anybody who notices stuff like this is an 'unindicted domestic terrorist' but maybe not for long. The empire still has teeth, but maybe not for too much longer as the pyhorrea eats them away.

Hatha

Serpo
19th March 2011, 03:56 PM
Paper is the currency not this gold and silver stuff....paper I tell you

madfranks
19th March 2011, 04:51 PM
a fake currency called Liberty Dollars

The ignorance in this country never ceases to amaze me. Gold and silver ruled to be counterfeit, while unfunded paper tickets ruled to be legitimate. They can take their "legal tender" paper dollars and cram them. History will prove them wrong, just like every other failed paper currency in the history of the world. The fiat US dollar is no exception, it will inevitably collapse and return to it's intrinsic value of worthless, then we'll see if they still call gold and silver coins "fake".

Serpo
19th March 2011, 05:08 PM

Wasn't he issuing paper warehouse receipts as well? Here is your chance to own a piece of history for only $80.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIBERTY-Dollar-20-Silver-Certificate-Warehouse-Receipt-/320672401565

This is just too much competition for the FED ;D

Antonio
19th March 2011, 05:16 PM
This is Orwellian level of chutzpah. Seems like Trotzky is alive and well in USA.

madfranks
19th March 2011, 05:16 PM
“While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country.”

Any chance she'll be going after Ben Bernanke? Because his continued attempts at "quantitative easing", i.e. printing money, is a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country vastly greater than NotHaus and his gold and silver rounds.

solid
19th March 2011, 05:30 PM
The government also is seeking the forfeiture of about 16,000 pounds of Liberty Dollar coins and precious metals valued at nearly $7 million.”

The article doesn't say, were the Liberty Dollar coins backed by PM's?

Regardless, it appears they seized the PM's too. My guess is they used the Liberty Dollar, to "liberate" those folks of their PM's to make a profit themselves. Sneaky bastards.

We should expect this to happen more often in the future. Any excuse, to take your honest money..

sirgonzo420
19th March 2011, 05:33 PM
The government also is seeking the forfeiture of about 16,000 pounds of Liberty Dollar coins and precious metals valued at nearly $7 million.”

The article doesn't say, were the Liberty Dollar coins backed by PM's?

Regardless, it appears they seized the PM's too. My guess is they used the Liberty Dollar, to "liberate" those folks of their PM's to make a profit themselves. Sneaky bastards.

We should expect this to happen more often in the future. Any excuse, to take your honest money..

Liberty Dollar coins *are* PMs... and the copper ones could be traded for silver/gold ones at a certain ratio.

Liberty Dollar also issued paper warehouse receipts (silver certificates) that could be redeemed for actual, physical silver until the US gov't seized all the metal.

mick silver
19th March 2011, 05:37 PM
it a sad day when you have something so real then get kick in the can

Ponce
19th March 2011, 05:52 PM
Why call it money?.......call it "Item of Exchange" and let it be.

madfranks
19th March 2011, 07:23 PM

Wasn't he issuing paper warehouse receipts as well? Here is your chance to own a piece of history for only $80.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIBERTY-Dollar-20-Silver-Certificate-Warehouse-Receipt-/320672401565

Here's a picture of a year 2000 one ounce gold Liberty Dollar with a suggested value of $500. I say "suggested value" because if you look at the note which represents the coin it clearly says "negotiable". And the warehouse receipt lingo is an amazing insight into what free market money looks like. This is what our paper money should be, warehouse receipts with clearly written language explaining what it is and how to redeem it.

madfranks
19th March 2011, 07:29 PM
And I might add, that $500 one ounce gold coin has now gone the way of the $20 gold double eagles of this country's past. The face value is ridiculously lower than the metal content of the coin. And they charged this man with intent to defraud the public? Anyone who was lucky enough to buy one of those coins for $500 would not consider themselves defrauded, when they can sell the same coin for $1400+ today. And anyone holding a paper $100 federal reserve note 11 years ago will certainly consider themselves defrauded when their $100 note will now only buy them what a $20 bill could get them a decade ago.