PDA

View Full Version : Well we've got two of Enzo's three brothers

General of Darkness
22nd March 2011, 09:16 AM
This is a follow-up to this thread

http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/need-help-anyone-live-in-or-around-salt-lake-city/

Since January we've been fighting to get these dogs back from this POS and a judge ruled in our favor last week and it turns out that the two dogs we've got were both nuetered and now the home we've had them set up to go aren't interested. The third dog was sold to a cop and he claims to have sold it to someone else and he's not willing to help us and his boss is protecting him and is basically giving us the middle finger.

So now we're stuck with a dilema, what to do with the dogs. I was planning on driving up to Salt Lake this week and getting the dogs but since there's no home that's stupid. So I'm wondering if someone is interested in one or two awesome dobermans let me know, I'll pay the $1,000 for shipping.

I'm so pissed and frustrated right now I'm ready to explode. We've been doing the right thing from the beginning and end up crashing into a wall. :redfc

This is kind of how I feel right now. The road to hell is paved with good intensions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqxDUMcVjws

Libertytree
22nd March 2011, 09:22 AM
Damn! Talk about the shitty end of a short stick. Have you thought about looking into the Dobie rescues in your area?

Awoke
22nd March 2011, 09:47 AM
How old are they now?
How trained are they?

General of Darkness
22nd March 2011, 09:49 AM
How old are they now?
How trained are they?

They're 14 months, and not very trained, but neither was Enzo up to about 11 months. These are very smart dogs with excellent temperment. Personally I'd take a dog with NO training than one with bad training. It's harder to correct bad training, than to do just good training. ;)

basplaer
22nd March 2011, 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear GoD. I just rescued a mastiff from a shelter on Saturday otherwise the ol lady and I wouldn't mind. We have 5 now so there's absolutely no spare room. I will ask around.

Awoke
22nd March 2011, 10:23 AM
I think they're a little too old to be brought into my family now. I would have wanted them at 4 weeks or something.

Anyways, I hope someone steps up for you!

midnight rambler
22nd March 2011, 11:04 AM
I think they're a little too old to be brought into my family now. I would have wanted them at 4 weeks or something.

They are definitely not "too old" to bring into a family!* They were raised strictly as indoor pets around children and cats. They are very well socialized. They is ZERO dog aggression displayed by either one of them, to the point that they both appear to get along very well with each other (however it's my preference they go to separate homes). They are two very good, well-behaved, very friendly and happy boys. As GoD said, their temperament is excellent. They have AKC papers and come from some very well known and highly regarded working (and European show) bloodlines.

*anyone who thinks such a thing without making intelligent, sincere queries is probably an unsuitable home anyway

freespirit
22nd March 2011, 11:16 AM

They are definitely not "too old" to bring into a family!* They were raised strictly as indoor pets around children and cats. They are very well socialized. They is ZERO dog aggression displayed by either one of them, to the point that they both appear to get along very well with each other (however it's my preference they go to separate homes). They are two very good, well-behaved, very friendly and happy boys. As GoD said, their temperament is excellent. They have AKC papers and come from some very well known and highly regarded working (and European show) bloodlines.

*anyone who thinks such a thing without making intelligent, sincere queries is probably an unsuitable home anyway

just for the record, awoke stated he thought they were a little too old to bring into HIS family, not into another family, and he is probably in a better position to define his family dynamic than you are.

midnight rambler
22nd March 2011, 11:30 AM

just for the record, awoke stated he thought they were a little too old to bring into HIS family, not into another family, and he is probably in a better position to define his family dynamic than you are.

It doesn't matter HOW young the children are (they could literally be newborns), the nature of these dogs is such they would be perfectly fine in virtually ANY family situation (at least those which are stable and loving without domestic violence or abuse) as they are very willing to please and adaptable to pretty much any SANE family dynamic where love rules. Of course competence is a key factor in this regard - from my experience incompetent people will always have a problem with any dog no matter how good that dog is with adults and children. There is ZERO 'nerviness' to these two dogs, that's been specifically bred out of them. The dam was a very loving and sweet dog, and all the puppies I've ever seen from the sire loved EVERYONE. Both the female I have and Enzo have never met a stranger. The people who recovered these two boys advised us that "we have two very friendly dogs in our custody" as they took them to the boarding kennel - so if these boys are 'very friendly' with men they've never met before, they will certainly be fine in a loving family where they are integral family members living indoors with the family. Turn either into a 'backyard' dog then behavior problems will definitely develop, as Dobermanns *need* to be close to their human master(s).

madfranks
22nd March 2011, 11:48 AM
They have AKC papers and come from some very well known and highly regarded working (and European show) bloodlines.

And the asshat who was holding them neutered both of them? What a shame!

midnight rambler
22nd March 2011, 11:57 AM
They have AKC papers and come from some very well known and highly regarded working (and European show) bloodlines.

And the asshat who was holding them neutered both of them? What a shame!

Just when we figure he's gone to the limit of senselessness he surprises us. EVERYTHING he did was completely senseless.

Awoke
22nd March 2011, 12:13 PM
I have been extremely uneasy around dogs my entire life, specifically Dobes, Shepards, Rotties and Pitties.

The only reason I even considered it was because I am even more uneasy about the NWO, and I and feel the the NWO engine picking up steam, and thought I might like having a couple dogs like that around when the NWO pigs come to collect people up for the camps.

So the truth is, the dogs are probably too old for me to be able to integrate with them.

(meaning due to my unnatural and irrational fear of dogs like that, I would only be comfortable with them if I had them since the minute they were off the teet.)

Either way, you didn't have to be a jerk about it.

midnight rambler
22nd March 2011, 02:35 PM
It appears these two boys have NOT been neutered, the owner and her kennel techs didn't look closely enough and it was dark when they looked. The trainer caught this oversight. We're back to our original plan and at this time neither boy is available.

chad
22nd March 2011, 02:38 PM
i really wish you two well with this. although i am sometimes a smart ass with you two, i hate to see animals suffering + being around dipshits. i myself do not like dogs, nor do i feel comfortable around them, but i appreciate good dog owners. best of luck to you.

po boy
22nd March 2011, 02:39 PM
Good to hear you got the boys back intact.

madfranks
22nd March 2011, 02:45 PM
Good to hear you got the boys back intact.

And I'm glad to hear that the boys have their boys intact.

vacuum
22nd March 2011, 03:04 PM
The third dog was sold to a cop and he claims to have sold it to someone else and he's not willing to help us and his boss is protecting him and is basically giving us the middle finger.
He's still got the dog most likely.

ShortJohnSilver
22nd March 2011, 07:08 PM
Best way to deal with cops in this case may be paperwork.

Send a certified letter, cost about $5 each, to:

1. the cop
2. the cop's boss
3. Internal Affairs
4. your congressman, pointing out the dog was trafficked across state lines (Fed involvement trigger)

so that's $20, might shake something loose. Worst case , the cop now has a letter in his file that might stop a promotion, screwing him out of extra pay and pension.

po boy
23rd March 2011, 01:54 AM
Best way to deal with cops in this case may be paperwork.

Send a certified letter, cost about $5 each, to:

1. the cop
2. the cop's boss
3. Internal Affairs
4. your congressman, pointing out the dog was trafficked across state lines (Fed involvement trigger)

so that's $20, might shake something loose. Worst case , the cop now has a letter in his file that might stop a promotion, screwing him out of extra pay and pension.

This might make him a target,careful.

Glass
23rd March 2011, 04:57 AM
Doesn't help with the dogs but sue the guy for the losses on the dogs. If a judge is already ruled then there has to be an easy claim for damages while in his posesssion. You maybe drag it out and wind him up as much as you can for extra value.