PDA

View Full Version : Just stopped raining, and it smells like nothing I've smelled before

General of Darkness
23rd March 2011, 08:20 PM
I don't mean to get all GLP, but this is just weird.

I feed the dogs at 8pm pacific time. I JUST happened to go to the back yard with them and there was this smell that was overwhelming. This is nothing I've never smelled before, and decided to go check out what it smells like at the front of the house and it's the same smell. If I were to describe it, it's a sweet chemical smell. Well it donned on me, I live in L.A. in the hills of Pasadena that are pretty much a bump stop. What's interesting is that this is after rain smell, like the smell you get from black top on a summer day, but nothing you ever smelled before. On top of this b.s. my dogs love to be outside, and tonight, they're sticking to me like velcro.

The ONLY reason I'm mentioning this, is that it's extremely odd.

po boy
23rd March 2011, 08:31 PM
Can you collect some dew maybe? These the repo dogs being a little needy new home and all?

Ponce
23rd March 2011, 08:31 PM
Must be a mix of radiation and dog poop, wipe your shooes good before going back in the house.

General of Darkness
23rd March 2011, 08:38 PM
Just sharing what's going on in my neck of the woods. Lesson learned.

BrewTech
23rd March 2011, 08:45 PM
I would chime in, since I am relatively close, but it's currently raining, and that may throw off the results.

I was going to post something smartass as well, but maybe now is not the right time.

General of Darkness
23rd March 2011, 08:50 PM
Sorry General,

I just went outside to see if my air smelled funny. Nope, doesn't even smell like wet dog just fresh mountain air, I don't even smell any chicken$hit from the coop, wind is blowing a little and kinda cold. ;)

Well Zap, I don't like being patronized. I grew up on a farm myself and probably know more about farming than you and grew up on a substance farm so I might know what I'm talking about in my original post.

All I'm saying is this, something is not right. But go ahead, make your jokes, it doesn't make one bit of difference to me. ;)

ximmy
23rd March 2011, 08:50 PM
smells just about right General... go back to your beer...

Cebu_4_2
23rd March 2011, 08:58 PM
GoD, try to collect a sample of any risidue that is draining into a cup or something ad have it tested. I see most make joked but to me not such, you could be on to something here specially if the dogs are glued to your sides. They know somethings wrong while we humans cant tell.

Libertytree
23rd March 2011, 09:00 PM
If you put the rain on your hand and smell it does it smell different or similar to what you're smelling in the air?

General of Darkness
23rd March 2011, 09:11 PM
If you put the rain on your hand and smell it does it smell different or similar to what you're smelling in the air?

Just checked again LT, and it's GONE. For the idiots, this wasn't about dog crap etc, this was a man made smell that in my 46 years on this planet have never smelled before. This was very much something that was intensified by water molecules and helped to increase it's density. All I'm trying is to share what I experienced, nothing more, nothing less. Take it for what it's worth.

Cebu_4_2
23rd March 2011, 09:19 PM
You guys are freakin me out, I will go actually into the snow barefoot and have a smoke to see if I find anything fubarred.... man talk about watching a back... later

ximmy
23rd March 2011, 09:21 PM

Just checked again LT, and it's GONE. For the idiots, this wasn't about dog crap etc, this was a man made smell that in my 46 years on this planet have never smelled before. This was very much something that was intensified by water molecules and helped to increase it's density. All I'm trying is to share what I experienced, nothing more, nothing less. Take it for what it's worth.

could it have been a really bad fart from a neighbor...

Ponce
23rd March 2011, 09:22 PM

Because I was the only one to mention "dog crap" I must be the "idiot" that the General is talking about......you can run but you can't hide.

ximmy
23rd March 2011, 09:24 PM
the smell of a dirty guy having sex with a horse???

Cebu_4_2
23rd March 2011, 09:26 PM
Not fair messing with him, he is somewhere else..

Sorry a half gallon of vodka im not so good at words.

Anyways the outside smoke was cold, the snow was cold under my feet, not brutal but cold. Did not smell anything but cold which is unusual with all these broken pine tree branches, should have smelled that. Didnt seem that the breeze goind away but I smelled nothing here in MI.

Libertytree
23rd March 2011, 09:34 PM

Anyways the outside smoke was cold, the snow was cold under my feet, not brutal but cold. Did not smell anything but cold which is unusual with all these broken pine tree branches, should have smelled that. Didnt seem that the breeze goind away but I smelled nothing here in MI.

LMAO cebu!!!!!! Read those two sentences together, when you're sober, and I'm sure you'll see the humor ;D

keehah
24th March 2011, 12:14 AM
Did you notice a metallic taste?
That could be radiation poisoning.

::)

Neuro
24th March 2011, 12:47 AM
Yeah weird things are certainly going on. I just saw Ben Bernanke out in the snow, drunk as a skunk, barefoot and smoking a cigarette. ;D

ShortJohnSilver
24th March 2011, 03:25 AM

I feed the dogs at 8pm pacific time. I JUST happened to go to the back yard with them and there was this smell that was overwhelming. This is nothing I've never smelled before, and decided to go check out what it smells like at the front of the house and it's the same smell. If I were to describe it, it's a sweet chemical smell. Well it donned on me, I live in L.A. in the hills of Pasadena that are pretty much a bump stop. What's interesting is that this is after rain smell, like the smell you get from black top on a summer day, but nothing you ever smelled before. On top of this b.s. my dogs love to be outside, and tonight, they're sticking to me like velcro.

Your senses are on the alert, if you can try to collect some residue, make sure to double-bag it to contain it - if it is volatile (gas dissolved in water) you want to minimize the ability of it to get away. Ignore the haters who want to see you get butthurt over it.

Antonio
24th March 2011, 03:52 AM
I`m smelling the not so faint metallic smell of 40$ Ag around the corner...

Neuro
24th March 2011, 04:13 AM
I`m smelling the not so faint metallic smell of 40$ Ag around the corner...

Ok that could explain my observation then:

Yeah weird things are certainly going on. I just saw Ben Bernanke out in the snow, drunk as a skunk, barefoot and smoking a cigarette. ;D

po boy
24th March 2011, 04:27 AM

LMAO cebu!!!!!! Read those two sentences together, when you're sober, and I'm sure you'll see the humor ;D

Case of beer with the bil and it makes sense to me.

gunDriller
24th March 2011, 06:04 AM

i believe you ... but i'm still working on my second cup of coffee.

your dogs' behavior makes me wonder if they sense earthquake.

what's GLP anyway ?

Bullion_Bob
24th March 2011, 06:21 AM
One of your neighbors prolly started a meth lab...

SLV^GLD
24th March 2011, 06:29 AM
I used to live in a city that was home to a massive chemical factory. The air always smelled of primarily acetone and occasionally methanol. Whenever it rained things smelled entirely different for a short time. i assumed the rained changed wind directions and it also knocked thing out of the air and possibly brought things that were higher in the atmosphere down lower. I am very glad I moved out of that city.

Santa
24th March 2011, 06:47 AM
Maybe you got a whiff of Japanese Daiichi.

milehi
24th March 2011, 07:02 AM
I'm in the same general area as GOD. I stayed down in the valley last night and didn't smell anything, but Monday morning I left the house at 4am to a foot and a half of fresh snowfall that had a different smell to it. It was still snowing and the smell was faint, but it was there. I'd forgotten about it until now.

sunnyandseventy
24th March 2011, 09:17 AM
This was very much something that was intensified by water molecules and helped to increase it's density. All I'm trying is to share what I experienced, nothing more, nothing less. Take it for what it's worth

FWIW, here in northern New England they've been doing some spraying like I've never seen. Very, very, stealthy. Wiffs and puffs. Then blamo. Right around 1100 the sky is blotted out. Ocaisionally in the afternoon I'd see a trail through the breaks in the clouds

muffin
24th March 2011, 09:19 AM
When we lived in L.A. I would sometimes smell something funny in the rain. I always attributed it to the smog and general atmosphere there. I don't remember if it was the description you gave. I'd do what others have said, try and take a sample and test it somehow... Chances are, it's radiated rain. Mouse swears it's here already. It's supposed to rain for us this weekend. I'll be out sniffing the air :00-->

Buddha
24th March 2011, 09:31 AM
Probably the shit from bringing in the government on your neighbors.

Low Pan
24th March 2011, 09:41 AM
being that you are on the West Coast, it was theorized earlier that they may be spraying an inordinate amount of chemtrails to try and subside any radioactive fallout from Japan from reaching the coast. But then again in the MidWest for the past week I have been seeing twice as many planes spraying chemtrails. What struck me as odd is that the went to a trinagular pattern rather than the normal cross hatch, it has been all triangles for a good week and a half. Plus they've been laying 6 rows of chemtrails from each plane. Like others have said, get it tested if you can!

Ponce
24th March 2011, 10:25 AM
Woke up just now to snow, ice, rain and I don't know what else because I am not going outside today.

First post of the day........good something to one and all.

lapis
24th March 2011, 10:32 AM
being that you are on the West Coast, it was theorized earlier that they may be spraying an inordinate amount of chemtrails to try and subside any radioactive fallout from Japan from reaching the coast. But then again in the MidWest for the past week I have been seeing twice as many planes spraying chemtrails. What struck me as odd is that the went to a trinagular pattern rather than the normal cross hatch, it has been all triangles for a good week and a half. Plus they've been laying 6 rows of chemtrails from each plane.

I'm on the West Coast too, and last week I noticed a huge amount of chemtrail spraying. One side of the sky looked like it was encased in three layers of shaving cream! I took a couple of pictures with my cell phone, but they didn't turn out very clearly.

I think I'm south of GoD, but I haven't noticed any strange smells so far.

drafter
24th March 2011, 10:41 AM
Are there any septic systems nearby? Sometimes after a lot of rainfall when the ground gets saturated around an old drainfield you can get some stink.

Rebel Yarr
24th March 2011, 04:04 PM
Hey! Smell my finger?! Did it smell like that? ;D

Serpo
24th March 2011, 04:34 PM
“Yellow rain” around Tokyo caused by pollen officials say – Rain may have contained radioactivity

http://enenews.com/yellow-rain-around-tokyo-caused-by-pollen-officials-say-residue-left-on-roofs-and-elsewhere-by-the-rain-may-have-contained-radioactivity

mightymanx
24th March 2011, 04:44 PM
Decomposing body probably the smell before the bloat.

gunDriller
24th March 2011, 05:07 PM
Hey! Smell my finger?! Did it smell like that? ;D

dude, that's disgusting !

and funny ;D