PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Twisted

StackerKen
25th March 2011, 08:44 PM
Silver is kicking ass!! Thanks TA and the rest from GIM and here at GSUS for scarring me into buying more than I would have if I hadn't found GIM.....and all you crazy folks...Love you folks!

I kinda wish I wouldn't have bought so much damn canned food though.........Some of those cans I bought a couple years ago were a buck a half and silver was 18 bucks...now silver is 37 and I can buy that same can of food for a buck and a half :-\

I shouda bought more silver :P

BrewTech
25th March 2011, 09:10 PM
Wish you wouldn't have bought so much canned food? SERIOUSLY??? What the hell is wrong with having too much food?

We ain't regrettin' here at the house... don't stress it, bro!

TomD
26th March 2011, 07:23 PM
A fair number of people have told me that my photography caused them to start buying Lunars, Kooks, Brittianas, or whatever. Personally, one of my best buys ever was when I called Gennifer of Lone Star Silver (the unofficial PM dealer for GIM 1) in 2006 and asked her to round up for me as many 2000 Lunar Dragons as she could find. They cost me $15/each but they are now selling for over $100.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x229/TomD77/2000dragon.jpg

drafter
26th March 2011, 09:56 PM
I remember when GIM started I think I was getting silver for around $4 an ounce. Wish I could have bought bucket loads back then. Oh well.

Nice Coin Tom. I bought a 1/10oz gold Horse from the Australian Luner series for one of my daughters birthdays and remember it costing me about $65. At the time I thought it was kinda high considering it seemed not much earlier that gold was only just above $300 and ounce. Now I'm afraid to tell her whats it's worth for fear she'll just want to go sell it to buy some shoes or something stupid.

steyr_m
26th March 2011, 11:17 PM
I remember when GIM started I think I was getting silver for around $4 an ounce. Wish I could have bought bucket loads back then. Oh well.

When did GIM actually start and by whom?

StackerKen
27th March 2011, 07:47 AM
Yep Great Photos Tom

drafter
27th March 2011, 10:18 AM

When did GIM actually start and by whom?

At this point I don't quite remember. If I recall I was about member number 70 before it took off and got all crazy. It had been going for a couple months before I joined.

keehah
27th March 2011, 11:03 AM
One could figure a family tree history.

As GIM started for 'outcasts' from a forum (Kitco?). Perhaps one could link the creation of that forum into an even earlier one.

Twisted Titan
27th March 2011, 01:19 PM
No need to thank me.......

I am just beyond greatful I had the sense to see the unbelieveable opportunity silver was back in 08.

I thank God everyday I bought my silver train ticket early cause she is about the leave the station.

T

Serpo
28th March 2011, 11:17 PM
A fair number of people have told me that my photography caused them to start buying Lunars, Kooks, Brittianas, or whatever. Personally, one of my best buys ever was when I called Gennifer of Lone Star Silver (the unofficial PM dealer for GIM 1) in 2006 and asked her to round up for me as many 2000 Lunar Dragons as she could find. They cost me $15/each but they are now selling for over $100.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x229/TomD77/2000dragon.jpg

Yea great coin........

1970 silver art
31st March 2011, 04:17 AM
GIM (R.I.P.) did not scare me into buying silver since I have been doing that before I joined but GIM (R.I.P.) did change my life in more ways than one. Yeah I like silver very much and I am glad that I have some of it and collecting silver art bars is my fun way of getting silver. Twisted and the rest of the GSUS community are great. There is no doubt about that. :)

sirgonzo420
31st March 2011, 07:04 AM
One could figure a family tree history.

As GIM started for 'outcasts' from a forum (Kitco?). Perhaps one could link the creation of that forum into an even earlier one.

Actually, I'm pretty sure GIM was created after a schism at the Gold Eagle forum. http://www.gold-eagle.com/cgi-bin/gn/get/forum.html