PDA

View Full Version : Huge seismic burst jolts the Pacific?

old steel
25th March 2011, 09:25 PM
Huge seismic burst jolts the Pacific?

March 25, 2011 – JAPAN – Did something just jolt the planet? We’re seeing a strong seismic burst of energy on global seismometers that is concentrated most strongly in the Pacific. This doesn’t fit the pattern of a tremor but looks more like a sudden powerful release of seismic energy or a plate nudge. It’s anomalous because no quakes have followed which adds to the mystery. The area of greatest density is in the Pacific region though weaker spectral patterns also show up on graphs much further from the Ring of Fire. Is this a prelude to more intense geological upheaval from Japan? Below are some of the seismograph reading of the unusual event which just registered.

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/huge-seismic-burst-jolts-the-pacific/

Ponce
25th March 2011, 09:46 PM
Nothing to fear, just getting ready for the BIGGGGGGGG ONE.

mrnhtbr2232
25th March 2011, 09:50 PM
Geologic Earth: Ctrl+Alt+Del

gunDriller
26th March 2011, 07:45 AM
i may email a scientist friend who works for NOAA.

if he has been working weekends recently, that is not a good sign.

it looks authoritative - but it's very brief. also, easily Photoshopped.

NEED MORE INFO !!!

Spectrism
26th March 2011, 08:34 AM
We are still close to the supermoon. I think we can have a greater EQ in the next week than before. Here is my thought...

We had a full moon where the moon and sun were pulling from opposite sides. The new moon coming up April 3 will have the sun & moon aligned on the same side... and the moon is still close to perigee. The transition to that point starting now.... is like a giant lever pulling on the earth from 90 degrees and toward the 0 degree solar alignment. It is the change of this angle that is shifting the oceans and crust. The next 5 days are PRIME time for calamity.

AOW
26th March 2011, 08:48 AM
We are still close to the supermoon. I think we can have a greater EQ in the next week than before. Here is my thought...

We had a full moon where the moon and sun were pulling from opposite sides. The new moon coming up April 3 will have the sun & moon aligned on the same side... and the moon is still close to perigee. The transition to that point starting now.... is like a giant lever pulling on the earth from 90 degrees and toward the 0 degree solar alignment. It is the change of this angle that is shifting the oceans and crust. The next 5 days are PRIME time for calamity.

Good thoughts. Berkland's window closes today but I remember you had mentioned in another thread about a couple of windows opening after his.

Cobalt
26th March 2011, 09:22 AM
You can see time stamps and locations of 5 + quakes have happened in the last week.

USGS site

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_big.php

gunDriller
26th March 2011, 12:08 PM

sorry, Spectrism, i'm too lazy to register under multiple identities - SO I CAN THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES !

you just reminded me about some preps i need to do.

Great Value Carrots, here i come !

drafter
26th March 2011, 01:16 PM
I know we had a crazy high tide yesterday. Probably not that unusual, but it just seemed way higher than I'd ever seen it.

gunDriller
26th March 2011, 03:39 PM
The next 5 days are PRIME time for calamity.

buying opportunity ?

had to be said. OK, i'm ashamed. :oo-->

any chance of doing a Drawing of that ?

just a simple sketch using MS Paint or something ... i'm having trouble visualizing it ... but i'm tired.

AOW
26th March 2011, 04:18 PM
Ready for some shakin here....

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj254/motley_gopher/shake.gif

Spectrism
26th March 2011, 06:52 PM
AOW- I think that moon is trying to break something.

The way I see this, the pull of the moon is moving toward an alignment with the sun. In a full moon, there is some gravitational negation as the moon couteracts the sun's gravity. We still see significant tides. But with the approach of the new moon, imagine that there is a wave (tide) moving along the earth as the earth rotates.

Earth rotation is faster than moon revolution. So there is a constant pull and wave sweeping along the earth every day. Actually, there are two- one from the sun and one from the moon. When these two waves meet with sun & moon aligned (full & new moon), the effect is additive and we see high tides. We should see a higher-high tide during the new moon.

But picture that part of the 2-week cycle (full to new moon) when the alignment is approaching. It is a gradual increase in tidal (and total gravitational) pull. It does not take much to show some significant effects.

Here is a pic of interference waves. If they are aligned, you see constructive interference.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/butterfly-color-interference.gif

The same effect occurs for forces... like gravity.

Now consider what is happening with the crust of the earth during these changes. Anything that is already under tension will be pushed further.