PDA

View Full Version : Mother in standoff with Detroit Police

Ares
27th March 2011, 09:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00D6nIdwnak

Twisted Titan
27th March 2011, 09:48 AM
State is just making sure that its property stays well medicated.

Wait till CPS gets there paws on her kid.

Never see the light of day again.

T

Serpo
27th March 2011, 02:14 PM
The state knows how to bring up children not mothers............

tekrunner
27th March 2011, 05:30 PM
If ever there were a reason to pick up a gun and worry about the consequences later this would be it.

gunny highway
27th March 2011, 06:03 PM
...a sad commentary on the direction this country is heading. >:(

tekrunner
27th March 2011, 06:06 PM
...a sad commentary on the direction this country is heading. >:(

Kids have been getting kidnapped by the state for quite awhile now. However this time someone fought back. So not all bad imho.

cortez
27th March 2011, 06:33 PM
the woman probably sought out some kind of government assistance originally and now that is coming to bit her in the ass

mrnhtbr2232
27th March 2011, 06:42 PM
The west side of Detroit is not exactly the epitome of a good place to raise a family. Just last month they had a guy on a street corner randomly shooting into the air. He also barricaded himself: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/02/04/barricaded-gunman-on-detroits-west-side/ Also if you take a closer look at 0:46 you'll see the local talent is probably not into Fred Astaire. Medication is a natural reflex to counteract hyperactive boredom in impressionable children - it's become institutionalized in its marketing. Good for Mom saying no. Any word on Dad?

etc
27th March 2011, 09:34 PM
State is just making sure that its property stays well medicated.

Wait till CPS gets there paws on her kid.

Never see the light of day again.

T

+1

Cebu_4_2
27th March 2011, 09:43 PM
short update with no info....

A mother who barricaded herself and her daughter in their Detroit home and fired a gun at police during a nearly 12-hour standoff overnight Thursday could be arraigned on criminal charges this weekend, authorities say.

But one local leader is hoping the woman won't be charged and argues she was trying to protect her 13-year-old daughter.

The incident started after Children's Protective Services workers arrived at the home on Blaine, near Linwood, about 5:30 p.m. to take custody of the girl. Detroit police officers kicked in a side door and were about to kick in another when the mother shot through a wall at them, police said.

No one was injured. The standoff ended peacefully about 4:45 a.m. Friday when the mother surrendered.

Minister Malik Shabazz, who is a co-founder of the citizen group Detroit 300, said the woman requested his presence while she was barricaded in the home. During a phone conversation, she told Shabazz the state was trying to take her child for medical treatment, but she favors holistic methods and had been trying to resolve the situation for a year, he said.

Shabazz said he hopes the Wayne County prosecutor is merciful in making a charging decision.

"A parent will do anything to protect their child," Shabazz said Friday.

The girl was being treated at Children's Hospital of Michigan on Friday and was expected to be released to family, police said. But Shabazz said the girl's aunt told him she was not able to see or take custody of her niece Friday.

Ron Scott, with the Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality, said he went to the scene Thursday night with Wayne County Circuit Judge Deborah Thomas at the request of the woman's family.

Detroit police spokeswoman Sgt. Eren Stephens said the judge served as an intermediary for the family and spoke with the mother.

"She was talking to her, trying to coax her out of the house," Stephens said.

The mother and daughter were the only two in the home, she said.

Shabazz said a fund-raiser is being planned to help the mother with her legal costs, but no date has been set.

etc
27th March 2011, 09:50 PM
Basically the state owns the kids.
What can be more clear than that.

po boy
27th March 2011, 10:18 PM
Basically the state owns the kids.
What can be more clear than that.

Very sick but true.
If you get a marriage license, birth certificate, SSN you have become a babysitter for the state kid and they'll tell you how to raise the kid whether you like it or not.

It sounds ridiculous until you begin to think why do I have to have these things.Then you begin to see there is more to the story than what you were led to believe.

When people sign up for SS does anyone ever read the us code title pertaining to SS, how about all the traffic code before getting a DL.

People want to be citizens but most don't have much of an idea what duties are attached.

Cebu_4_2
27th March 2011, 11:29 PM
It will all crumble down on itself. There is no way to sustain this level of government and aid. No Jobs, nobody owns homes, banksters clearing it out.... NO WAY MAN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PykVUnlTqXE

Oh and dig the complete fake video, drummer doing nothing, guitars not hitting the sounds, singer with no emotion, this is a good example of elite music videos from the late 70s.

Twisted Titan
28th March 2011, 10:58 AM
Very sick but true.
If you get a marriage license, birth certificate, SSN you have become a babysitter for the state kid and they'll tell you how to raise the kid whether you like it or not.

I clear about ML and SSN but not sure about BC's

That is just a Certificate of Live Birth no???

T

po boy
28th March 2011, 11:33 AM
That is just a Certificate of Live Birth no???
T

One comes from the hospital the certificate which although I maybe off a little here but it is my understanding gets transferred to the Dept of Commerce.
One can request a copy of a certified Certificate of Birth for the State of --------- through that states Dept. of health.

Before the passport restrictions I flew to Canada with only the Certificate of live birth an a stop over some lady almost would not let me continue on because it wasn't certified and it wasn't until I called a superior and told him that they would be in breach of contract that I was let on my way without a hassle.

More info on the history of the BC can be found www.mainemediaresources.com/mpl_birthcert.htm.

"Federal Children

by Joyce Rosenwald

In 1921, the federal Sheppard-Towner Maternity Act created the birth "registration" or what we now know as the "birth certificate." It was known as the "Maternity Act" and was sold to the American people as a law that would reduce maternal and infant mortality, protect the health of mothers and infants, and for "other purposes." One of those other purposes provided for the establishment of a federal bureau designed to cooperate with state agencies in the overseeing of its operations and expenditures. What it really did was create a federal birth registry which exists today, creating "federal children." This government, under the doctrine of "Parens Patriae," now legislates for American children as if they are owned by the federal government. Through the public school enrollment process and continuing license requirements for most aspects of daily life, these children grow up to be adults indoctrinated into the process of asking for "permission" from Daddy government to do all those things necessary to carry out daily activities that exist in what is called a "free country."

Before 1921 the records of births and names of children were entered into family bibles, as were the records of marriages and deaths. These records were readily accepted by both the family and the law as "official" records. Since 1921 the American people have been registering the births and names of their children with the government of the state in which they are born, even though there is no federal law requiring it. The state tells you that registering your child's birth through the birth certificate serves as proof that he/she was born in the united States , thereby making him/her a United States Citizen. For the past several years a social security number has been mandated by the federal government to be issued at birth."

Hope that helps TT.

SLV^GLD
28th March 2011, 11:51 AM
This is why I plan for a home birth with a pre-selected panel of witnesses who will attest by signature the birth occurred at such and such date and time. I would like a disinterested 3rd party notary public in attendance as well. In this way a certificate of live birth is created without state registration and no pressure for a SSN. My child is free to apply for a SSN the day he/she becomes a legal adult.

My primary concerns are over whether or not my own BC and SSN circumvent these efforts.

Neuro
28th March 2011, 01:21 PM
This is why I plan for a home birth with a pre-selected panel of witnesses who will attest by signature the birth occurred at such and such date and time. I would like a disinterested 3rd party notary public in attendance as well. In this way a certificate of live birth is created without state registration and no pressure for a SSN. My child is free to apply for a SSN the day he/she becomes a legal adult.

My primary concerns are over whether or not my own BC and SSN circumvent these efforts.
Good point, if you are the property of the state corporation, your produced offspring may be as well. However if the state doesn't know you have an offspring, your child may be able to stay under the radar, but having the witnesses may not be helpful to this cause in the long run...

po boy
28th March 2011, 01:31 PM

Not exactly positive but I think this is where the marriage license comes into effect.
I don't think there is a law requiring you to register your property yes children used to be considered property.
George Gordon's tax and status class might have the info your looking for it is pricey and if I had the tuition fees I would attend but i don't hence the handle.

I applaud your efforts SLV.