PDA

View Full Version : Raccoon meat at South Carolina store must go, officials say

MNeagle
30th March 2011, 08:41 PM
CHARLESTON, South Carolina (Reuters) - Looking for raccoon meat? You won't find it at a country convenience store in South Carolina after state health inspectors told employees to throw out their supply.

Tipped off by a complaint, inspectors recently found the cleaned raccoon meat in plastic bags inside one of the store's coolers, along with bagged ice.

"In my 28 years with the agency, it's the first time I've heard of this," Thom Berry, spokesman for the state Department of Health and Environmental Control, said on Wednesday.

"My inspectors, they see all kinds of things, but this is something new even to them."

The Lucky 7 store -- located in Gadsden, near the state capital of Columbia -- removed the meat upon request, Berry said. But when inspectors went back several days later, they found it outside the building near some trash.

"We instructed the employees to bag it, pour bleach on it, tie it up and put it in the Dumpster," Berry said.

No law bans the sale of raccoon meat in South Carolina, but state and federal officials do not certify it as being safe for human consumption.

"It's kind of like squirrel," said Brett Witt, spokesman for the state Department of Natural Resources. "People do eat it. It's kind of on the lower end of animals. It's not as popular as deer or rabbit. There is a danger of ingesting any wild animal without proper preparation."

http://wsau.com/news/articles/2011/mar/30/raccoon-meat-at-south-carolina-store-must-go-offic/

sirgonzo420
30th March 2011, 09:02 PM
If people want to eat 'em, let 'em.

Oh well, I guess Big Brother knows best... >:(

Glass
30th March 2011, 10:11 PM
No law bans the sale of raccoon meat in South Carolina, but state and federal officials do not certify it as being safe for human consumption.

mike88
31st March 2011, 12:43 AM
Racist .gov thugs denying whites their customary foods. Imagine the stink raised if they outlawed chitlins, [pig guts]. The NAACP would be all over it.

madfranks
31st March 2011, 01:07 AM

Oh, what ever did people do before they had federal officials to certify that their food was safe? How did people even survive without the government telling them what they could and could not eat? :sarc:

beefsteak
31st March 2011, 01:46 AM
What's next?

Outlawing 'possum?
Armadillae?
Porkypins?

:oo-->

Serpo
31st March 2011, 02:25 AM
Remember food has to be certified safe............. :ROFL:

here is an example of certified safe food to eat....................made by teenagers.............

The government needs to test every meal created to give a pass or not..............

Kruger
31st March 2011, 05:08 AM
There's no law? Then what authority do they have??

It doesn't matter, they're not even waiting for Monsanto-sponsored legislation anymore. This is an overt move to control the food supply.

SLV^GLD
31st March 2011, 05:47 AM
There's no law? Then what authority do they have??
Commerce

Twisted Titan
31st March 2011, 07:31 AM
Raccoon will be a delicacy in the days when "Long Pig" will be devoured on the regular.

T

mick silver
31st March 2011, 07:36 AM
just wait till they order farmers to kill all there animals . because there not safe . i think that day may not be to far off

Awoke
31st March 2011, 07:55 AM
Yeah Serpo. What a joke.

Look at the "Double Down" available at KFC:

http://www.theawl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/kfcsandwich.jpg

The Double Down has 540 calories, 30 grams of fat and 1740 milligrams of sodium

Here is their promotional blurb:

The new KFC Double Down sandwich is real! This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce. This product is so meaty, there’s no room for a bun!

mick silver
31st March 2011, 07:58 AM
T T road kill will be a delicacy one day ... and it will look dam good too

Road Runner
31st March 2011, 08:25 AM
We had neighbors when I was in grade school who ate puppies!! They stole 2 at different times that my dad had purchased to raise for cattle dogs. I guess they are a delicacy to some when young and fat.
Finally he went over carrying his rifle and told them he needed the pups to help with cattle and it better never happen again, it didn't.

Ares
31st March 2011, 09:31 AM

Oh, what ever did people do before they had federal officials to certify that their food was safe? How did people even survive without the government telling them what they could and could not eat? :sarc:

Now you just keep quiet you blasphemer or I'll tell big brother on you. :sarc:

Cobalt
31st March 2011, 09:43 AM
What we need is for Monsanto to claim patent rights on roadkill then it would get a green light and perhaps even subsidized

Awoke
31st March 2011, 11:57 AM
We had neighbors when I was in grade school who ate puppies!! They stole 2 at different times that my dad had purchased to raise for cattle dogs. I guess they are a delicacy to some when young and fat.
Finally he went over carrying his rifle and told them he needed the pups to help with cattle and it better never happen again, it didn't.

No to be a bastard, but were they white people?

Libertytree
31st March 2011, 12:51 PM
Folks might as well and go ahead and start learnin' how to hunt their own coon now, as well as the preparation. Besides, there will be back door work around for buying coon, squirrel, rabbit etc... which will serve as a nice foundation to the new black market.

chad
31st March 2011, 01:06 PM
when i was in college i worked in a science lab with some korean dudes. when one of them got married they had this big party. they went and got a dog from the pound, killed it, and roasted it like a pig. they made me eat a little piece of it (some bullshit story about it being bad luck for the family if i didn't). it wasn't bad, actually. tasted kind of like roast beef.

ximmy
31st March 2011, 01:10 PM
Not safe to eat...
http://gold-silver.us/forum/gallery/331_31_03_11_3_08_03.jpeg

------------

Safe to eat...

TheNocturnalEgyptian
31st March 2011, 02:36 PM

Cognitive dissonance at its worst, this sentance displays two very different schools of thought in governmental approach.

The first being, only what we ban is illegal, i.e. English Common Law

The second being, only what we approve is legal, i.e. French Common Law

To mish-mash these two ideas into one sentance together shows how we are literally being led by the hand away from the English Common Law, into the Classical French Common Law.

Libertytree
31st March 2011, 03:30 PM

Cognitive dissonance at its worst, this sentance displays two very different schools of thought in governmental approach.

To mish-mash these two ideas into one sentance together shows how we are literally being led by the hand away from the English Common Law, into the Classical French Common Law.

Maybe it's time for another set of law...the "American Common Sense Law". I think we're perfectly capable of shedding off this riff raft law and doing for ourselves.

sirgonzo420
31st March 2011, 04:10 PM
when i was in college i worked in a science lab with some korean dudes. when one of them got married they had this big party. they went and got a dog from the pound, killed it, and roasted it like a pig. they made me eat a little piece of it (some Bullshit story about it being bad luck for the family if i didn't). it wasn't bad, actually. tasted kind of like roast beef.

OMG DOG EATER!!@!!11!!!

lol

sirgonzo420
31st March 2011, 04:11 PM

I'm thinking more along the lines of Roman Civil Law.

or fuckin' babylon, depending on how one wants to look at it

TheNocturnalEgyptian
31st March 2011, 04:21 PM
@SirGonzo - You aren't wrong.

Road Runner
31st March 2011, 04:47 PM

No to be a bastard, but were they white people?

No they weren't.