PDA

View Full Version : So why did WE just pay for a B2 bomber to fly over Dodger stadium?

General of Darkness
31st March 2011, 06:05 PM
Is this so people can "feel" like everthing is OK? Fricken amazing.

Rebel Yarr
31st March 2011, 06:09 PM
USA USA

k-os
31st March 2011, 06:11 PM

That, and to inspire young men to sign up for military duty later in life. That's what the air and sea shows are all about . . . recruiting.

uncletonoose
31st March 2011, 06:14 PM
You are either with us, or you are with the terrorists :sarc:

Ponce
31st March 2011, 06:15 PM
Practice run for when the stadium is full of "rebels?".

osoab
31st March 2011, 06:17 PM
Just that little reminder that the military is always near.

sunnyandseventy
31st March 2011, 06:17 PM

That, and to inspire young men to sign up for military duty later in life. That's what the air and sea shows are all about . . . recruiting.

That and I think they are encouraging a military worship society. So when they go all patriot act on us we know it's for our own good, and they are there to help return things to normal.

Ponce
31st March 2011, 06:24 PM
The "Not normal" will be the normal...........

osoab
31st March 2011, 06:25 PM
The "Not normal" will be the normal...........

We are already there Ponce.

General of Darkness
I'll tell you this much, that bastard was low and slow when it passed over my house. Someone could stuff a heat seeking missle up it's rear end with no problem. What's interesting to me is that OUR country is spending money to try and HIDE the fact we're broke, to the point that they'll pretend that it's business as usual. Fricken amazing.

Glass
because politics and sport don't mix. Ever! Ask any sportsman/coach/team owner etc if he has some opinion about the current <insert political debacle here>. The correct Sports cliche answer is "sports and politics don't mix".

osoab
31st March 2011, 06:28 PM
Is it better to waste the fuel doing a flyover of a game or to bomb a few sites in Libya?

po boy
31st March 2011, 06:56 PM
F-22 flew over last week turned out it was an airshow.

I used to enjoy going to the airshow but got tired of the "they're fighting for our freedoms" bull that and all the brainwashed people.

I would imagine the terror of seeing these death machines bearing down on you,then I would here the cheers.

Years ago I was close to joining the service until some friends of mine who had gotten out said just don't shoot us okay.

Reminds me of Trumps idea for reducing the debt was selling our military services for profit.

"We like war" George Carlin

Buddha
31st March 2011, 07:08 PM

Because they always have planes fly over major sporting events in California, even heard of the Blue Angles.

Edit: Sorry thats the wrong answer. Your nieghbors did it, they are TPTB and want to make your life a living hell.

General of Darkness
31st March 2011, 07:36 PM

Because they always have planes fly over major sporting events in California, even heard of the Blue Angles.

Edit: Sorry thats the wrong answer. Your nieghbors did it, they are TPTB and want to make your life a living hell.

LOL, Buddha you really are a POS aren't you?

mrnhtbr2232
31st March 2011, 08:49 PM
Dodger Stadium is no stranger to flyovers:

C-17 Globemaster July 4, 2006
C-17 Globemaster July 4, 2007
B-1B Lancer opening day, 2008
B2 Spirit opening day, 2009
US Navy F-18 Hornets opening day, 2010
B2 Spirit opening day, March 2011

I looked further and it occurs around the country with different types of aircraft, and mostly over major league baseball games. There was even a B-52 flyover opening day for the Texas Rangers. As a recruiting tool it obviously works because the crowds in the YouTube videos are absolutely awe struck with the pageantry and brute horsepower of military jets. And they are awesome, but as engineering marvels not tools of the trade. Fuel and logistics for these puppies must cost a fortune.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
31st March 2011, 09:10 PM
I don't feel comfortable with bombers doing fly-bys on the Eve of April's Fools. Too much of a possibility being scannned.

In fact, I'm sure that's what happened.

:sarc:

:sun:

mick silver
31st March 2011, 11:57 PM
nascar races have about 3 or more fly over

big country
1st April 2011, 09:15 AM
I always assumed that those fly-overs were just to give the pilots something to do. I mean they have to fly so many hours to keep their training up to date, the planes have to fly to keep the engines running and from gunking up and to give the mechanics training on keeping the aircraft running?

If they weren't doing something like that maybe they would just fly in circles instead? If they gotta fly it anyways why not give them something to do?

Gangsta99
1st April 2011, 12:00 PM
Had a couple fighter jets fly over opening day in Cincy yesterday at the Reds game. I enjoyed it. No conspiracy here it just happens at major sporting events.