PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain Matthew 15:24 to me?

TheNocturnalEgyptian
3rd April 2011, 10:46 AM
And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, [thou] Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

I don't have the education some of you do. I'm not sure what to do with this passage.

dys
3rd April 2011, 08:25 PM
My take on it is that the story is important because of all the confusion concerning the Caanite line. There are some that preach the so called 'Satan's Seed' doctrine which claims that Caan was literally the child of Satan and Eve (btw a very dangerous lie, don't believe it). Others say that the Caanite line became the Pharisees and/or Sadducis that plotted to kill Jesus Christ. I've seen it written that the Caanites eventually became the Khazars. I've even seen it written that the Caanites became the reptile people that rule the world from the underground bases underneath Dulce, NM.
So the point is that the Caanites may not be God's chosen people, but they are people that God is willing to save if their faith is sincere. A line from one of my favorite movies:

"You know what's so elegant about this little game? No one knows where the enemy is."
from the movie Revolver http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/why-the-illuminati-tolerate-truthers/msg201537/#msg201537 post #9

dys

G2Rad
4th April 2011, 08:59 AM
Preaching kingdom to Jews was Jesus' first mission. God came to His firsborn (jews) first.

The bithright was sold (see Esau and Jacob story, Gen 25:29-34) and we inherited the kingdom.

The older was placed under the younger

Notice that Rachel (the jews) was Jacob's choosen, but Leah (us) was the one who got married first

there are more prophesies of younger placed above older which I can't remember from the top of my head

G2Rad
4th April 2011, 09:19 AM
also, dysgenic is correct.

Canaanites were hamates, who were condemned to be "servants of servants" (Gen 9:25) because of Ham sodomizing his drunken father Noah

nunaem
4th April 2011, 11:17 AM
Jesus, like all Jews, was a Jewish-supremacist.

MNeagle
4th April 2011, 11:29 AM
One of my bibles is a Life Application Study Bible:

here is their note on this verse:

Jesus' words do not contradict the truth that God's message is for all people (Psalm 22:27, Isaiah 56:7, Matthew 28:19; Romans 15:9-12). After all, when Jesus said these words, he was in Gentile territory on a mission to Gentile people. He ministered to Gentiles on many other occasions also. Jesus was simply telling the woman that Jews were to the first opportunity to accept him as the messiah because God wanted them to present the message of salvation to the rest of the world (see Genesis 12:3). Jesus was not rejecting the Canaanite woman. He may have wanted to test her faith, or he may have wanted to use the situation as another opportunity to teach that faith is available to all people.

ximmy
4th April 2011, 11:35 AM
For OP...

(Acts 13:46-47) “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47For this is what the Lord has commanded us:
“‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.”

(Isaiah 49:6) "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."

(Acts 28:28) "Therefore I want you to know that God's salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!"

dys
4th April 2011, 09:22 PM
also, dysgenic is correct.

Canaanites were hamates, who were condemned to be "servants of servants" (Gen 9:25) because of Ham sodomizing his drunken father Noah

Kind of off topic, but the more I learn the more I am persuaded as to the hidden meaning behind language. Hamates- Ham. Ham=pork=pig (sodomy). If you look for it, stuff like hidden in so many words and phrases.

dys

D sciple
22nd April 2011, 07:10 PM
I thought Old Herb Ladies post was pretty solid.

My only disagreement would be who the lost sheep of the House of Israel are. In the old testament the house of Israel was clearly the 10 tribed kingdom headed by Joseph and the House of Judah was 2 tribed kingdom of Judah and Benjamin. Most people forget about the 10 tribes and regard them as lost after they went into captivity to the Assyrians. There really can be no mistake as Jesus did say Lost sheep.

For more info I recommend Jahtruth.net and the subject matter should be easy to locate.

silver solution
20th May 2011, 06:08 PM
I don't have the education some of you do. I'm not sure what to do with this passage.
I pray this helps you.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the "lost sheep" of the "House of Israel" (the Ten "Lost" Tribes of Israel).
21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The Kingdom of God shall be taken from (the Jews) you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof (the "10 lost tribes" - the "House of Israel").

Jesus came for the Lost Sheep of The House of Israel. Before Jesus went back to the Holy Land to Preach and be murdered by the Jews he had a nation (Israel) bring forth fruit. Jesus took the Kingdom from the Jews and also cursed them. Jesus favored His Nation. He was a nationalist. His Nation was (is) Israel. We are not talking about the nation that today goes by that name today. No where in the Bible does it state that millions of people are going back to heaven. As a mater of fact it states thousands of people are redeemed from this prison planet. That it. So Jesus would like these few thousand people to be of his nation or "multitude" of nations The 10 lost tribes or House of Israel.

The House of Judah and The House of Israel are not one and the same. The Kingdom was given to a nation (Israel) not a church or many churches. One could say a multitude of nations like is stated in Genesis.
The people in the Holy Land that call themselves Israel are thieves and liars. At best they are The House of Judah

At best the little nation should be call something like kingdom of Judea, or land of Judea. The name that is more correct In my eyes would be nation of the people that God Hates, Esau or Edom.

Malachi: 1:2 I have loved you, saith the "I AM". Yet ye say, Wherein hast Thou loved us? [Was] not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the "I AM": yet I loved Jacob,
1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
1:4 Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the "I AM" Lord of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the "I AM" hath indignation for ever.
1:5 And your eyes shall see, and ye shall say, The "I AM" will be magnified from the border of Israel.

Genesis

48:16 The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name [Israel] be named on them (let Ephraim and Manasseh be called Israel), and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.
48:17 And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head.
48:18 And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this [is] the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.
48:19 And his father refused, and said, I know [it], my son, I know [it]: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude (Commonwealth) of nations.

The name Israel was not given to The Jews, Esau, The House of Edom or even The House of Judah.

silver solution
20th May 2011, 06:22 PM
Jesus responds allegorically refering to the children of Israel, the Jews. In speaking of bread, he refers to himself, the bread of life. In speaking of dogs, using the greek word for a pet dog, he is refering to the Gentiles. In other words he is saying, I have come first for the Jews. Jesus words do not contradict the truth that God's message is for all people (psalms 22:57, Isaiah 56:7) after all, when Jesus said these words he was in gentile territory on a mission to gentile people. He ministered to gentiles on many other occasions also. Jesus was simply telling the woman that Jews were to have the first opportunity to accept him as the Messiah because God wanted them to present the message of salvation to the rest of the world (see Genesis 12:3).

Matt 15:27, "Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."

"I hear you" she says, "I understand you're working according to certain priorities." This is what Jesus was after all along, not to destroy her but to develop her.

Matt 15:28, Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

The word translated "woman" is gune, a term of respect. Jesus used the same word when he spoke of his mother.

Jesus did not come First for the Jews. Jesus said they would never bring forth fruit. The Jews have never had a Great nation. Genesis 12:3 would be about Israel or the Mulitude of nations that make up Israel.

Plastic
21st May 2011, 05:05 PM
I'll toss in a couple copper pieces.

First off, Christ was never a jew, he was Hebrew as there was no religion called "jew" at the time he walked the earth. The religion of Judah was Phariseeism which later became Talmudism which became medieval rabinism which became just plain rabinism. Changes in the name really mean nothing since the basic foundation has remained unchanged, that being phariseeism which is based entirely on the Babylonian Talmud... ( tail mud :P )

To even suggest He practiced phariseeism is laughable and blasphemous since he called these people children of the devil, not to mention he would be saying he was also of the devil.

I am uncertain of which tribe he came from, but being a temple priest it should have been from the tribe of Levi. IF that is the case, Jesus could most certainly be called a JUDEAN, but only if his tribe came from the lands of Judah.

Whenever the word "jew" is used in the bible it usually is in reference to a geographical location.

He said he was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel.

Very true... check this out. The word lost in Greek literally translates to those who were put away for punishment, this would mean the 10 "lost" tribes.

Those people calling themselves "jew" who occupy Israel today are in for a helluva shock me thinks, they have stolen the birthright (Israel) and this makes them the Edomites of the tribe of Esau.

From the book of Obadiah

9 And thy mighty men, O Teman, shall be dismayed, to the end that every one of the mount (mount means nation, Plastic) of Esau may be cut off by slaughter.
10 For thy violence against thy brother Jacob shame shall cover thee, and thou shalt be cut off for ever.

15 For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.
16 For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, so shall all the heathen drink continually; yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.
17 But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.
18 And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the LORD hath spoken it.

The jews think that Israel has become their inheritance, but I believe god has allowed them back into the Holy Land to be put to death as per the Parable of the nobleman, since the jews absolutely refuse to have Christ as their king.

Luke 19
12He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25(And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Christ is of course talking about himself here.

Sorry for the long-winded reply....

Tumbleweed
29th January 2015, 05:14 PM
I stumbled on this thread that's an old one that I must have missed when it was posted. I was looking to see if the hour long movie "The Eternal Jew" had been posted. It's a movie that takes a look at Jews in the 40's in Poland.

After reading through the posts above I think this movie fits pretty well with the discussion above so I'll post it here.

The Eternal Jew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlHVin56U2w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlHVin56U2w

osoab
29th January 2015, 05:28 PM
A lot of good posters in this thread that haven't been around in spell.