PDA

View Full Version : "APOCALYPSE 2012" - CNBC Tonight

Black Blade
7th April 2011, 05:19 AM
"APOCALYPSE 2012"

will premiere on Thursday, April 7th at 9pm. The documentary will repeat that evening at 10pm, 12am and 1am.

DECEMBER 21, 2012…In case you haven’t heard…that’s the day ‘life as we know it’ is going to end.
It’s no secret that many people are afraid of what might happen at the end date of the Mayan calendar. But what isn’t known is how people are preparing for what they believe is the end of the world. ‘Apocalypse 2012’ follows the quirky and remarkable journey of fascinating people around the world who are discovering their own ways to protect themself from what they believe is coming on December 21, 2012. From building survival communities at the top of mountains to constructing underground condominiums in missile silos deep underground, people are getting ready. As a result, the business of Armageddon is flourishing. And according to psychologists, a surprising number of mainstream people are buying into it because it so forcefully underscores the turmoil of the times. As well as observing the characters who are laying the groundwork for that fateful day and those investing in it, the documentary also looks into the psychology behind the 2012 apocalyptic movement, examining where their beliefs come from and what people get out of it. Are their action based on fear alone? Or is there more to the end of the world hype?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41947414/APOCALYPSE_2012_WILL_PREMIERE_ON_APRIL_7TH_ON_CNBC

Black Blade: Might be interesting although I think that CNBC will probably focus on the crazy stuff rather than the prepper/survivalist lifestyles. Still, you never know and there may be some good ideas or just some common sense. The show will be on CNBC tonight at 9PM Eastern Time.

osoab
7th April 2011, 05:33 AM
"APOCALYPSE 2012"

Black Blade: Might be interesting although I think that CNBC will probably focus on the crazy stuff rather than the prepper/survivalist lifestyles. Still, you never know and there may be some good ideas or just some common sense. The show will be on CNBC tonight at 9PM Eastern Time.

I wonder if we can get some good ideas on how to scam the sheep on the 2012 hoopla. ;D
That would be a bit more business oriented.

BrewTech
7th April 2011, 06:36 AM
"APOCALYPSE 2012"

I wonder if we can get some good ideas on how to scam the sheep on the 2012 hoopla. ;D
That would be a bit more business oriented.
Considering TV is nothing but marketing, there is a 100% chance that this documentary is short-term profit driven, and will be used to get people to cough up their money in a way that will not be of any benefit to them (the sheep) long-term.

AndreaGail
7th April 2011, 06:56 AM
iirc, nbc ran a show similar to this with matt lauer a few years back and all it did was push the global warming agenda

keehah
7th April 2011, 08:17 AM
TV likes to zero in on things a dimension removed from anything important. To let you think you know something when really you've been dazzled with the BS of something related in some unexplained dumbed down way to something that could be important. What is most obvious is the consistency of the distortion and idiocracy across shows and stations.

Book
7th April 2011, 08:38 AM
Considering TV is nothing but marketing, there is a 100% chance that this documentary is short-term profit driven, and will be used to get people to cough up their money in a way that will not be of any benefit to them (the sheep) long-term.

Be interesting to see who they sold their commercial advertizing time to during this APOCALYPSE 2012 show.

Jazkal
7th April 2011, 09:22 AM
can't wait till Jan 2013, tons of preps on the cheap!

Buddha
7th April 2011, 12:58 PM
Be interesting to see who they sold their commercial advertizing time to during this APOCALYPSE 2012 show.

Someone selling 24k plated gold, straight from the government vaults. Better hurry though because as you can see from the program... Tiem is running out!!1!

Ponce
7th April 2011, 02:37 PM
On that date I'll be here with you ,brave souls, as usual..............the end of the world has been called out many time and we are still here...........and it it really happens?, nothing that I can do about it so that I'll still be here with many of you.......................better to be here than to be standing outside yelling at the moon.

SHTF2010
7th April 2011, 02:45 PM
have you guys forgotten about the dreaded May 21st

( insert ominous music here )

Horn
7th April 2011, 03:09 PM

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/living/2011/03/02/doomsday.final.cnn

I gotta get my drycleaning in there!!

platinumdude
7th April 2011, 03:15 PM
Too bad I don't have cable, will have to see if the feed is on the net somewheres.

Plastic
7th April 2011, 05:07 PM

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/living/2011/03/02/doomsday.final.cnn

I gotta get my drycleaning in there!!

Hrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

By claiming they know the day of his return they call Christ a liar........

General of Darkness
7th April 2011, 07:10 PM
I'm watching this now, and I have to say there are people making MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars on 2012. I have no idea WTF is going to happen, but I do know, I'm not to sure if I wanna survive it. The Road comes to mind.

BrewTech
7th April 2011, 07:20 PM
I'm watching this now, and I have to say there are people making MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars on 2012. I have no idea WTF is going to happen, but I do know, I'm not to sure if I wanna survive it. The Road comes to mind.

Interesting times, eh?

Why people even watch TV when the reality going on before their eyes is MUCH more dramatic and intriguing, I'll never know.

What a show!

(Note to mods... we need more smiley capability.)

Sparky
7th April 2011, 07:37 PM
Watched about 10 minutes. What a crock of shite. The show is set up to make other people look like lunatics so that their viewers can feel sane and superior.

Ponce
7th April 2011, 08:35 PM
Could someone please post a link to it as soon as it comes out?........I want to see my brothers AKA the crazy people.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
8th April 2011, 07:11 AM
I watched it. It was doomertainment.

There was one scene where they talked with the guy who converts old missile silos into bunkers. He said he's having a hard time finding freeze dried food because the suppliers are so busy supplying the government.

There was another guy who says he is going to jump off a cliff at the exact moment of the winter solstic 2012 in order to save humanity. Until then though, he is taking donations for "things he might need." LOL

Book
8th April 2011, 07:21 AM
There was another guy who says he is going to jump off a cliff at the exact moment of the winter solstice 2012 in order to save humanity.

All the others had get-rich-schemes selling doom. Like the teevee producer of this APOCALYPSE 2012 show.

:D

Silver Rocket Bitches!
8th April 2011, 08:22 AM
There was another guy who says he is going to jump off a cliff at the exact moment of the winter solstice 2012 in order to save humanity.

All the others had get-rich-schemes selling doom. Like the teevee producer of this APOCALYPSE 2012 show.

:D

While I was watching, surprisingly, not one gold commercial came on. ???

There were lots of commercials that seemed targeted at baby boomers. Maybe that's just CNBC's target audience in general..

Walter Mitty
8th April 2011, 09:07 AM
I watched 15 minutes or so. They just want to make people who are prepardness minded look like loons. Who wants to be associated with a bunch of loons?
Yea right , some guy converting missile silos to shelters. What a scam.
Some loon going to jump off a cliff to save humanity. But send money now, he takes paypal.
Another loon saying the planet will reverse it's direction of rotation Hey send money now so we can build survival shelters high in the mountains. (As if that will do any good if the planet did actually change it's direction of rotation. )
No valid reasoned analysis of the problems we are facing whether economic or weather related or how fragile some of our systems are.

Kali
8th April 2011, 09:29 AM
They just want to make people who are prepardness minded look like loons.

This is our sign that we need to prep bigtime then.

Sparky
8th April 2011, 01:33 PM
I saw the two guys trying to plan a village in the mountains above the 2000-foot level to avoid the flooding. They had a tape measure out in the middle of an open field. I'm thinking if you're going to establish and prepare an entire village to survive a global disaster, you should probably shouldn't wait until the last 20 months before you start sketching out a plan.

Ponce
8th April 2011, 04:00 PM
If people really knew what is going on right now that would be all the exciment that they would need till the day that they die........sorry to say that most of them are in la la land and Dancing With The Stars.