$40 AND $41 in a 24 hr spread

Libertarian_Guard
8th April 2011, 01:18 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2rc6d7r.jpg

platinumdude
8th April 2011, 01:22 PM
And the USD broke 75

74.98 -0.59

Here comes even high food and gas prices.

WHoop Whoop.

Libertarian_Guard
8th April 2011, 01:27 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2nkndzt.jpg

$41 SILVER

midnight rambler
8th April 2011, 01:28 PM
So does this mean we're not going to see a Friday afternoon smackdown?

Serpo
8th April 2011, 01:31 PM
Silver is SMOKIN

uncletonoose
8th April 2011, 01:32 PM
G-S ratio 36.04

Libertytree
8th April 2011, 01:33 PM
The only reason I take any joy in all this is because I think it might be worrisome to some of the bankers and that to a degree it reveals the worthlessness of the USD. What it might ultimately portend brings no joy to my heart as there will be a lot of pain and suffering just ahead, that most aren't prepared for, even amongst us. At least we are mentally prepared and have an idea of what to expect when both shoes drop in unison, there's a lot of good decent sheeple out there that just don't have a clue.

Serpo
8th April 2011, 01:35 PM
G-S ratio 36.04

sirgonzo420
8th April 2011, 01:35 PM

It's been rescheduled.

Gaillo
8th April 2011, 01:39 PM

It's been rescheduled.

And definitely WON'T be televised! ;D

Gaillo
8th April 2011, 01:59 PM
15 minutes left in the markets before the weekend close... will it punch through 41 by then?
I'm thinking YES!

Serpo
8th April 2011, 02:02 PM
15 minutes left in the markets before the weekend close... will it punch through 41 by then?
I'm thinking YES!

Very sad if it dosnt.....haha

mick silver
8th April 2011, 02:03 PM
they dont want people to see how bad things are getting . plus most dont know what silver is

madfranks
8th April 2011, 02:05 PM
The only reason I take any joy in all this is because I think it might be worrisome to some of the bankers and that to a degree it reveals the worthlessness of the USD. What it might ultimately portend brings no joy to my heart as there will be a lot of pain and suffering just ahead, that most aren't prepared for, even amongst us. At least we are mentally prepared and have an idea of what to expect when both shoes drop in unison, there's a lot of good decent sheeple out there that just don't have a clue.

Unfortunately, I don't think 1 in 1000 Americans cares about the price of silver, and those who even know that silver is making new highs wouldn't relate it to the intrinsic worthlessness of the USD. If you grabbed random people on the street and told them silver just broke $40 and the USD just broke 75, they would have no idea what you're talking about. A dollar is a dollar, and will always be worth a dollar, and what is silver good for, right?

Buddha
8th April 2011, 02:12 PM
I talk to my family about silver since they will ask me what crude did etc. I'll just throw in there "and silver is up to $41" They look at me as though I was talking about trading cards. I think that's what they think I am doing with it "collecting" like they were stamps or baseball cards. For the last 2 months it's been "silvers at 28... oh 30... 32... 35... etc." They don't get it.

I get it though, and this price action has given me an eerie feeling.

uncletonoose
8th April 2011, 02:19 PM
Not a bad week.......Silver up $3.10

Gaillo
8th April 2011, 02:20 PM
I'm thinking YES!

I'm thinking NO!!! ;D

Libertytree
8th April 2011, 02:26 PM

Unfortunately, I don't think 1 in 1000 Americans cares about the price of silver, and those who even know that silver is making new highs wouldn't relate it to the intrinsic worthlessness of the USD. If you grabbed random people on the street and told them silver just broke $40 and the USD just broke 75, they would have no idea what you're talking about. A dollar is a dollar, and will always be worth a dollar, and what is silver good for, right?

Oh I know most can't even slightly fathom any of it and I feel sorry for'em but even the folks here, that are more like family than blood family to me can't be 1000% prepped for an all out collapse. I wish I had a silver dime for everytime I said "let it crash, fuck it, bring it on, the only way the stupid American public will understand truth is to have it rammed down their throats and shoved up their ass" but that's more fact than a wish. Even the brighter ones who understand[sic] it don't believe their world could exist any other way than it exists at the moment. I still pity them though in varying degrees, at least we here are trying and are aware of the eventuality of it all and have made at least some preps in accordance. The rest are totally fucked.

Horn
8th April 2011, 02:32 PM

It's been rescheduled.

To site 41? :o

Libertarian_Guard
8th April 2011, 02:33 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2eehd2t.jpg

I'm seeing a whole lot of green in just about everything I see.

Except the USD!

Horn
8th April 2011, 02:42 PM
I'm seeing a whole lot of green in just about everything I see.

Except the USD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIz6gjWmZR0

Libertarian_Guard
8th April 2011, 02:48 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2nv6kno.jpg

Horn
8th April 2011, 02:57 PM
http://www.closeronline.co.uk/Assets/Image/100728_ears_loud_woman_lead.jpg

Serpo
8th April 2011, 03:21 PM
chart

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NVncsipAY4o/TZ8xZ_tLLTI/AAAAAAAAATk/P5Ppp1xoJpI/s1600/snapshot-615.png

Silver punched through $40 overnight in Asian trade and held its gains going into London and into New York. That is quite remarkable given the fact that runs toward round numbers can engender profit taking as price targets are reached. If it holds its gains above $40, it could begin accelerating towards $50 relatively quickly. I will want to see how it fares as it nears the close of pit session trading.

http://traderdannorcini.blogspot.com/

looks like it fared pretty well

Ponce
8th April 2011, 03:47 PM
Serpo? don't say that........when silver hits $50.00 then Silver Art will have to send me THREE ROLLS OF TP, come onnnnnnnnnnnn silver, daddy is waiting for you.

1970 silver art
8th April 2011, 03:51 PM
Serpo? don't say that........when silver hits $50.00 then Silver Art will have to send me THREE ROLLS OF TP, come onnnnnnnnnnnn silver, daddy is waiting for you.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

LMAO!!!!!!

Ponce? Since silver is NOT going to hit $50 this year, just make sure to have those 3 rolls of tp ready to ship to me on January 1, 2012. Make sure that it is that Charmin brand of tp that I like very much. ;D

Ponce
8th April 2011, 03:58 PM
Charming is bad for you and specially for women, because it is so soft it breaks apart when wome use it for their hummmmmmmm thir privates? and many gets an infection from it.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
8th April 2011, 05:06 PM
My silver still weighs the same as when I bought it.

The only difference is how much silver the dollar will buy.

The dollar is the only thing changing.

Awoke
8th April 2011, 05:27 PM

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

LMAO!!!!!!

Ponce? Since silver is NOT going to hit $50 this year, just make sure to have those 3 rolls of tp ready to ship to me on January 1, 2012. Make sure that it is that Charmin brand of tp that I like very much. ;D

I personally feel the opposite.

osoab
8th April 2011, 05:28 PM
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaQ4cuhoevI&feature=player_embedded

What the hell kind of shirt is he wearing?

I think the guy needs to lay off the caffeine for a bit.

Twisted Titan
8th April 2011, 05:37 PM
I talk to my family about silver since they will ask me what crude did etc. I'll just throw in there "and silver is up to $41" They look at me as though I was talking about trading cards. I think that's what they think I am doing with it "collecting" like they were stamps or baseball cards. For the last 2 months it's been "silvers at 28... oh 30... 32... 35... etc." They don't get it.

I get it though, and this price action has given me an eerie feeling.

There is nothing to be done but to embrace Destiny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuKfuSpJcMM&feature=related

Serpo
8th April 2011, 05:45 PM

Typical farming shirt

Why dont the chooks take this guy out, may have to leave it too the cows.......

shamrocks33
8th April 2011, 05:46 PM

Those must be his pajamas :o

po boy
8th April 2011, 05:49 PM
I think the guy needs to lay off the caffeine for a bit.

It's part of the anti bomber scan ensemble I believe.

Handstands, chickens, silver, the Bernank LOL that was some funny shit.

Awoke
8th April 2011, 05:50 PM
uhh, it's a silver shirt.

Ponce
8th April 2011, 05:53 PM
Looking at siver with the price of $40.93 is like looking at roulette ball to see where it will fall........will it fall up or down........ is going a little bit to fast.

Serpo
8th April 2011, 05:59 PM
Looking at siver with the price of $40.93 is like looking at roulette ball to see where it will fall........will it fall up or down........ is going a little bit to fast.

Making your head spin is it Ponce ,know what you mean ,ah well

Sparky
8th April 2011, 07:18 PM
200 DMA for silver is $26. We're $15 over that, or 58%. That matches the highest it's been above its 200 DMA in this decade bull run. It's parabolic. Sure, it could continue up to $45, but a natural and healthy drop is coming.

Zeal article on silver toppings from a month ago. http://www.zealllc.com/2011/silvtop2.htm

Jazkal
8th April 2011, 08:10 PM
200 DMA for silver is $26. We're $15 over that, or 58%. That matches the highest it's been above its 200 DMA in this decade bull run. It's parabolic. Sure, it could continue up to $45, but a natural and healthy drop is coming.

Zeal article on silver toppings from a month ago. http://www.zealllc.com/2011/silvtop2.htm

Time to sell and pick back up on the downside?

Sparky
8th April 2011, 09:25 PM

Time to sell and pick back up on the downside?

Time to sell if you have a trading portion. The way Zeal does it is that they have a "core" silver position of physical silver and silver stocks that they have accumulated over 10 years. Then they have their speculative position (paper, I believe, and not bullion) that they trade in and out of.

I won't consider selling any physical unless I think we are reaching a mania phase, which this isn't. Even then, I would only sell a portion. But I'll trade paper.

FunnyMoney
8th April 2011, 09:40 PM
Sure, it could continue up to $45, but a natural and healthy drop is coming.

How long have you been calling for the retreat? Since 25?

Gold is going to 1650 finally. It's about time. Silver may not see the continued solid pace all the way to 3 digits, but 3 digits are going to get here. I would not try to time the wall of worry, the next retreat of any size might turn out to be from 80 back to 60. If I had to guess the wall of worry, that is where the technicals are focused, not on $45.

JJ.G0ldD0t
8th April 2011, 09:50 PM
I'll stick my neck out since I've put a 12 pak away...

raid early next week- bak down to 34-37...

Week after we hit 41-43

SLV^GLD
9th April 2011, 06:06 AM
The world is coming apart at the seams and we're analyzing years old technical methods as if they are still equally applicable.
I'm not saying it's wrong or right just putting some perspective on it.

JJ.G0ldD0t
9th April 2011, 06:25 AM
The world is coming apart at the seams and we're analyzing years old technical methods as if they are still equally applicable.

That always sounds so much better when I say it though--- to the guys playing with paper.

I hate feeling powerless to fight manipulation and I hate that fundimentals are out the window.
vry true SLV.......

Neuro
9th April 2011, 07:21 AM
I'm guilty! Thanks for the reality check! Good point, but old all time highs ($50), the 1983 low in gold silver ratio of 30-31, together with traditional seasonal weakness, will have a psychological impact. Further when people start talking about, this time it is different, then the peak is near...

;D

How did I do!

;D

Sparky
9th April 2011, 07:49 AM
Sure, it could continue up to $45, but a natural and healthy drop is coming.

How long have you been calling for the retreat? Since 25?

Gold is going to 1650 finally. It's about time. Silver may not see the continued solid pace all the way to 3 digits, but 3 digits are going to get here. I would not try to time the wall of worry, the next retreat of any size might turn out to be from 80 back to 60. If I had to guess the wall of worry, that is where the technicals are focused, not on $45.

It sure seems like it! We did get a retreat from about $31 to $27 (13%), but I wasn't sure if that was deep enough to continue upward. But evidently it was. You might be right that the retreat ends up being from $80 to $60. I'm just saying that a run from $18 to $41 sure smacks of retreat, so don't be surprised. I was surprised when silver went from $21 to $8. So maybe the retreat could be from $80 to $30!

Sparky
9th April 2011, 07:58 AM
P.S. Maybe that's why I would call a pullback here healthy. If it happens here, I have little doubt that silver will eventually soar past $41, to at least my original target of $75, and maybe to 3-digits.

If it goes non-stop from here to $80 and drops to $30 (equivalent to the $21 to $8 drop), there's a chance that $80 would be the top for the next 25 years, because $18 to $80 would look an awful lot like a parabolic blowoff top similar to 1980.

This price-guessing is just for fun, or to help set some possible scenarios for traders. I think we're all still on the same side of the silver bull. I'm giving silver a wall of worry to climb!

mick silver
9th April 2011, 10:16 AM
if silver was to have a drop to 8 bucks i will take a 100.000.00 and buy every silver round i can laid my hands on . that you can take to the bank

Horn
9th April 2011, 03:07 PM

Dmac's post on bling & coke whores comes to mind.

osoab
9th April 2011, 03:09 PM

Dmac's post on bling & coke whores comes to mind.

Could be a silver space cadet. :sun:

Libertarian_Guard
13th April 2011, 11:09 PM
Thar she blows - - $41 SILVER

The corrections ain't what they once were.

Serpo
14th April 2011, 01:06 AM
Ah my favourite thread............

http://tfmetalsreport.blogspot.com/

1970 silver art
14th April 2011, 04:05 AM
Thar she blows - - $41 SILVER

The corrections ain't what they once were.

$41 silver did not last too long. It gave it all back and it is down slightly as I type this. London seems to be doing a decent job of smacking it down from today's silver high of $41.42. I strongly suspect that a NY smackdown will occur this morning and it could get very ugly.

oldmansmith
14th April 2011, 06:43 AM
$41.04.....this is why, the BRIC countries meeting, from the BBC:

"These countries are worried about the long-term direction of the dollar because of the US's large trade and budget deficits.

China has been diversifying into euros to reduce its dependency on the value of the dollar.

"You can see the shift taking place in terms of re-orientation of the Brazilian agriculture towards China”

Bric nations' growing interdependence
In a move designed to signal another type of move away from dollar-dependency, the development banks of the five nations agreed in principle to establish mutual credit lines denominated in their local currencies.

The Brics also called for a greater say on the UN Security Council, on which only China and Russia of the group have a permanent seat.

Brics is a term coined by Goldman Sachs investment banker Jim O'Neill to highlight Brazil, China, Russia and India's similarities in terms of their potential for development and growth.

The four nations have 40% of the world's population and almost a fifth of the world's growth.

Libertarian_Guard
14th April 2011, 07:39 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/10rmftk.jpg

While the USD is taking another dip, fresh 12 month low last night!

Awoke
21st April 2011, 10:01 AM
I haven't read all the replies since my last post in this thread, but I just wanted to say that I was looking at the kitco chart, and I haven't seen a chart like it.

The line are broken up into 50 cent segments!

Man, I remember watching that chart flucutuate up and down 10 cents, with the chart being broken into 5 cent segments, and freaking out about 20 cent moves! Now I don't even give a shit anymore, because I believe that we are on the path to silver finally breaking free of supression, and we have along way to go up still, afaic.

I'm just saying that we all used to freak about about 20 or 40 cent moves, and now it's like we are all numb to it, just waiting for $150 silver!
;D