PDA

View Full Version : Sleep technique

MNeagle
13th April 2011, 04:33 PM
I read this in Reader's Digest (May 2011):

One of the biggest disrupters of sleep is the pulling and tugging of sheets and blankets. I tell couples that each person should have a sheet and blanket. If you pull a big comforter or duvet over the top when you make the bed, you really can't tell. Couples call after I suggest that and say, 'Wow - you changed our marriage.'

Robert Oexman, chiropractor and director of the Sleep to Live Institute in Joplin, Missouri

We've been trying it this week, and I will attest it makes a HUGE difference.

SLV^GLD
13th April 2011, 06:10 PM
Screw that shit, anything that disrupts the skin on skin contact gets the axe. Sleep be damned. Maybe it's the involuntary thrusting that is actually be mitigated with the separate covers?

Book
13th April 2011, 06:34 PM
I tell couples that each person should have a sheet and blanket.

http://www.spaceandculture.org/uploaded_images/bed-726099.gif

skid
13th April 2011, 08:34 PM
Back when we had fewer kids and an empty bedroom my wife and I used to sleep in different rooms. We both got better sleeps as she likes a warm room and I like a colder room. Didn't stop us from having more kids either ;D

sirgonzo420
13th April 2011, 08:34 PM
Screw that shit, anything that disrupts the skin on skin contact gets the axe. Sleep be damned. Maybe it's the involuntary thrusting that is actually be mitigated with the separate covers?

lol

I always seem to find myself in agreement with SLV^GLD.

I was considering the premise of the OP, while almost immediately discounting it for the aforesaid reason.

Skin-to-skin, FTW.

Antonio
13th April 2011, 09:01 PM
If you can fall asleep next to your woman it`s time to get a new one.

solid
14th April 2011, 09:34 PM
LOL, the responses to this thread/technique...hillarious! ;D

I agree skin to skin, however, each situation is different. One gal I was with, was very petite, but that gal put out so much heat while sleeping... I'd wake up next to her, sweating from the forehead with fever, it felt like I had a fever every morning waking up.

Had I known this technique, I should have given her the blanket, slept on the other end of the bed naked to cool off. That gal I swear could heat up the whole place while sleeping. But, nope...I think it's innate to men, if there's skin to skin it's happening when you sleep as well.

shawn1
16th April 2011, 06:41 AM
Hi guys,..
There are many sleep techniques you can try such as progressive relaxation and deep breathing. In fact there are far more effective and natural ways to deal with insomnia than your average sleeping pill.

regards,..