PDA

View Full Version : Fresh ground peanut butter - yummmmm!

madfranks
14th April 2011, 04:17 PM
At our local organic grocery store they have a peanut butter mill that grinds the peanuts right in front of you into peanut butter. This stuff is so delicious, because it's just peanuts, no added sugar or preservatives at all. I literally eat the stuff straight out of the container, it's that good. I am thinking of investing in my own peanut butter machine, but the good ones are costly.

Heimdhal
14th April 2011, 04:56 PM
its great isnt it!

I wish I had a grinder that could process the oily stuff like peanuts (most get gummed up).

willie pete
14th April 2011, 05:17 PM
its great isnt it!

I wish I had a grinder that could process the oily stuff like peanuts (most get gummed up).

will a food processor work? ...adding a little oil whilst it's a processing? :D

Heimdhal
14th April 2011, 05:40 PM
its great isnt it!

will a food processor work? ...adding a little oil whilst it's a processing? :D

It would, but like you said, you'd have to add a some oil in to help it along. I guess if you added organic peanut oil...

Peanuts have enough oily content to stand on their own though if you have the right grinder. Fresh ground like Madfranks is talking about is a little drier and coarser than commercial stuff for that reason, theres no added oil, but IMO is a better over all products.

I wont say peanut butter is the greatest, healthiest food or anything, but damn do I love it!