PDA

View Full Version : Find the value of your Weight in Gold

Hermie
21st April 2011, 10:31 AM
When you say that someone is worth their weight in gold,
have you wondered what does that actually mean in cold hard cash?

Whether you are just curious, or looking for the ultimate birthday, anniversary gift,
or bridal dowry – this page allows you to know any weight in gold in an instant!

http://www.onlygold.com/tutorialpages/YourWeightInGold.asp

Ponce
21st April 2011, 10:34 AM
Hermie? in the old day in India on the birthday of the "Majaraya?" the people would give him his weight in gold and gems........a month before his birthday he would join as much weight as he could.

Gaillo
21st April 2011, 10:37 AM
Unfortunately, most people aren't even worth their weight in zinc...

Ponce
21st April 2011, 10:39 AM
Gaillo? don't think about yourself that way, what can I do to make you feel better? :oo-->

I know, I know........shut the hell up Ponce hahahahahaah

Ponce<---------the mind reader.

Gaillo
21st April 2011, 10:47 AM
Ponce - worth MANY times his weight in toilet paper! ;D

Heimdhal
21st April 2011, 10:51 AM
Im worth 6 million bucks.

BOO YAH! IM GONNA GET ME SOME FILET MIGNON AND ANOTHER PORCHE AND CALL MYSELF GOLDBUYER!!!!

Ponce
21st April 2011, 12:22 PM
LOL Heim, you are way ahead of me........why hell, with six millions I could buy my "Silver Island" right now

solid
21st April 2011, 01:23 PM
"Incidentally, there are approximately 14.583 troy ounces in an avoirdupois pound" - from the site.

The math in this article is flawed I believe.

An avoirdupois ounce is only 28.3495231 grams, not the same as troy ounces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ounce

Edit: nevermind, it was my math that was off..I converted my weight to troy ounces, but calculated it in troy pounds by mistake.

Ponce
21st April 2011, 01:53 PM
That's to complicated for me.....in a simple way.......one "troy" lbs = 12 oz..................regular weight 1 lbs
= 16 oz.

solid
21st April 2011, 01:57 PM
That's to complicated for me.....in a simple way.......one "troy" lbs = 12 oz..................regular weight 1 lbs
= 16 oz.

That's what I was doing wrong, 1 lb equals 16 oz, but 28 gram ounces...not 16 troy ounces. You've got to convert your weight from regular ounces to troy ounces to do the calculation right.