PDA

View Full Version : Where's the cheapest place to get physical silver?

General of Darkness
21st April 2011, 11:21 AM
Time to get some more.

keehah
21st April 2011, 11:24 AM
Will anyone get this? ;D

http://c2.adoctane.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/complete.jpg

Awoke
21st April 2011, 11:25 AM
Banks are obligated to sell within certain parameters of the spot price, so they won't jack the price on you too much. But be sure to lose it all in a boating accident, because it's all traceable.

SilverMagnet
21st April 2011, 11:25 AM
You could probably get it from my house, but I can't promise that it will be "cheap" :D

JJ.G0ldD0t
21st April 2011, 11:26 AM
I'm considering selling some SAE's if you're interested....

JJ.G0ldD0t
21st April 2011, 11:29 AM
http://bullionsupermarket.com/default.aspx?cri_sym=SILVER&cri_country=US&cri_productclass=Bar/Ingot&cri_weight=10&cri_items=(all)&ordby=bullion:margin&orddir=0

If you care to do a little sniping on flea- bay.....

Spectrism
21st April 2011, 11:39 AM
If you don't happen to have a Dr Who time machine, try local tag sales. You have to hunt, but it can pay off nicely.

See the bartering thread....
http://gold-silver.us/forum/preparedness/bartering-and-horse-trading-(part-duh)/

I reveal my time-tested and successful techniques (stolen from MountainMan, TNAndy, and some of the other good ole guys) in that thread. I am going hunting this weekend.

solid
21st April 2011, 12:03 PM
latitude 37*54' longitude 122*27'. You'll need a dive tank. Let me know if you find a book called "How to not get into Boating Accidents" It's down there somewhere next to the PM's.

Ponce
21st April 2011, 12:15 PM
Coin store in the BIG town I got my last bach........I can now see people running after the train left the station to get on it chooooooooo chooooooooo cho cho cho cho, cho cho cho cho......bye bye. ;D

platinumdude
21st April 2011, 12:22 PM
Buy a silver mine and start digging.

Celtic Rogue
21st April 2011, 12:25 PM
Ponces backyard! Well below spot!

Ponce
21st April 2011, 12:33 PM
LOL Celtic..........as a matter of fact I am getting ready to do something else with it.....like in five different places?.........right now it is only in two places.....I don't trust you guys :conf: :oo-->

Sparky
21st April 2011, 12:39 PM
LOL Celtic..........as a matter of fact I am getting ready to do something else with it.....like in five different places?.........right now it is only in two places.....I don't trust you guys :conf: :oo-->

Interesting sub-topic. In how many places is your PM?

gunDriller
21st April 2011, 12:45 PM
the cheapest way to get phys. silver is to get a job working for CoinStar, maybe for Brinks, so that you have a chance to pick out the silver coins.

or any similar thing - e.g. if you were to set up some vending machines, guess who gets to pick through the change ? ;D

SLV^GLD
21st April 2011, 01:08 PM
Interesting sub-topic. In how many places is your PM?
More than 10 currently. Eggs and baskets and all that.

solid
21st April 2011, 01:11 PM
or any similar thing - e.g. if you were to set up some vending machines, guess who gets to pick through the change ? ;D

Vending machines is a pretty damn good idea! I've always thought a coin operated car wash would be the perfect business. Easy to maintain and low overhead. You could get some silver quarters as well!

ShortJohnSilver
21st April 2011, 04:02 PM
Tulving.com if you have enough to spend at once.

osoab
21st April 2011, 04:03 PM

That's 500 oz of Ag minimum. Damn pricey at these levels.

Ponce
21st April 2011, 04:11 PM
Sparky? I say one thing but do something else........never show the cards that you are holding.

k-os
21st April 2011, 04:15 PM

Vending machines is a pretty damn good idea! I've always thought a coin operated car wash would be the perfect business. Easy to maintain and low overhead. You could get some silver quarters as well!

Just go to a laundromat and put $20 into the change machine. I did that last year, and I think I walked with 3 (4?) silver quarters one night. It paid for my laundry, at least. ;)

platinumdude
21st April 2011, 04:42 PM

That's 500 oz of Ag minimum. Damn pricey at these levels.

Maybe a pull back will occur. Hopefully.

Son-of-Liberty
21st April 2011, 04:56 PM
the cheapest way to get phys. silver is to get a job working for CoinStar, maybe for Brinks, so that you have a chance to pick out the silver coins.

I don't know about this, probably depends on the company policy. I worked for an armored car company and usually guarded or drove the trucks but once in a while they would be short and I would end up in the coin room and we were not allowed to take any coins. They wanted to be absolutely certain there was no theft so picking out stuff even to replace with a clad was a no-no.

osoab
21st April 2011, 05:08 PM
GoD, have you found a local dealer yet that is competitive in prices? My local guy is only a FRN or two above spot. A lot of times spot or pennies above.

General of Darkness
21st April 2011, 06:19 PM
GoD, have you found a local dealer yet that is competitive in prices? My local guy is only a FRN or two above spot. A lot of times spot or pennies above.

No man, I'm in LaLa land and I haven't found one that I liked.

osoab
21st April 2011, 06:23 PM

No man, I'm in LaLa land and I haven't found one that I liked.

Sucks dude.