PDA

View Full Version : With inflation here, I think I'm going to beef up the Doom Diesel

General of Darkness
22nd April 2011, 08:54 AM
I'm planning on getting this bumper with this setup with a 12,000 winch. They're going to make some T cutouts for the hi-lift jack on both the rear and front pumpers. My goal is to have a go anywhere DOOM truck, so after this I plan on installing a ARB locker in the front so I'll pretty much be able to go almost anywhere.

Again there's the front bumper.

http://www.backwoodsbumpers.com/images/product%20images/deluxebase.JPG

Here's the current setup. I just added the rear tiregate, that allows me to FINALLY have a full size spare, and a place to mount my hi-jack lift.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1999/ram14711.jpg

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/2399/ram24711.jpg

For the record, I've had some very bad vibes as of late that something catastrophic is going to happen, either man made or natural. And don't worry, I've got enough rattle cans in flat black to turn my truck black and chrome gone. ;)

SHTF2010
22nd April 2011, 08:58 AM
find a way to put a single barrel shotgun in the front grill

or maybe 3 singles > slug / 00 buckshot / birdshot

solid
22nd April 2011, 09:03 AM
That is a stout looking bumper. I think the winch is a good idea. General, you could consider adding a brush bar to that bumper, to protect your front lights and grill when going off-road.

General of Darkness
22nd April 2011, 09:26 AM
That is a stout looking bumper. I think the winch is a good idea. General, you could consider adding a brush bar to that bumper, to protect your front lights and grill when going off-road.

Honestly Solid, I'd like to put a snow plow on the front to deal with all the dickheads in Prius' that drive 60 in the fast lane.

Libertytree
22nd April 2011, 09:55 AM
That rear tiregate is one heavy duty son of a bitch in itself, I was impressed with it. If that is any indication of how the front is gonna turn out, hell yeah, go for it!

solid
22nd April 2011, 10:10 AM
Honestly Solid, I'd like to put a snow plow on the front to deal with all the dickheads in Prius' that drive 60 in the fast lane.

No kidding. ;D I've often wondered why Prius owners do that. That happens all the time here too, and it is frustrating to no ends. Don't Priuses go faster than 60 mph?

It's almost like those idiots are out to prove something, what I don't know other than their egos.

skid
22nd April 2011, 10:17 AM
Nice Truck! (I've got a diesel 3500 4x4 just like it). It's not a bad idea to beef up the front bumper in case you need to push something out of the way. A brush bar like solid suggested would help as well (the cop cars around here have them). I have a 1st gen '72 blazer in case I really need to go offroad.

Cebu_4_2
22nd April 2011, 10:55 AM
If they implement an EMF event you will never get that thing started however the 72 blazer will run due to no computer control. You know they have thought of this and thats why nothing works on a simple points system. You don't even get any MPG savings with the computer system, just something they can shut down on you.

How's that for shitting all over your parade?

General of Darkness
22nd April 2011, 11:32 AM
If they implement an EMF event you will never get that thing started however the 72 blazer will run due to no computer control. You know they have thought of this and thats why nothing works on a simple points system. You don't even get any MPG savings with the computer system, just something they can shut down on you.

LMAO, did you mean an EMP? if they pop off an EMP for shits and giggles it will be doom town in LaLa land. I do however agree with you, it would suck, I'd be stuck at home with way to much ammo, beans and rice. In hindsight I should probably work on an enclosure to the generator and blacking out the windows. Don't want the neighbors knowing I'm playing xbox and making margaritas, do I?

Cebu_4_2
22nd April 2011, 01:05 PM
For your windoze better then lead plates?

http://diyhometint.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Silver-Mirror-Window-Tint1.jpg

old steel
22nd April 2011, 09:36 PM

I've been told that street smart mechanics know how to bypass the computer control.

Find one that can be really nice to him.

Buddha
22nd April 2011, 09:47 PM
LMAO, did you mean an EMP? if they pop off an EMP for shits and giggles it will be doom town in LaLa land. I do however agree with you, it would suck, I'd be stuck at home with way to much ammo, beans and rice. In hindsight I should probably work on an enclosure to the generator and blacking out the windows. Don't want the neighbors knowing I'm playing xbox and making margaritas, do I?

Can I come over WTSHTF GoD? I'm pretty good at BO. I could bring a couple weapons and about 100lbs of rice, beans, and quick oats.

General of Darkness
23rd April 2011, 12:22 AM

Can I come over WTSHTF GoD? I'm pretty good at BO. I could bring a couple weapons and about 100lbs of rice, beans, and quick oats.

WTF Buddha, you and that jew Antonio stock me worse than a fat jew trying to suck Clintons johnson, it's pathetic.

Buddha
23rd April 2011, 12:29 AM

WTF Buddha, you and that jew Antonio stock me worse than a fat jew trying to suck Clintons johnson, it's pathetic.

aww, us whites gotta stick together. I said that I'm sorry.

General of Darkness
23rd April 2011, 12:40 AM

Who are these "us" people? You're a cunt regardless of your race. Peace out nigga.

Buddha
23rd April 2011, 12:53 AM

Who are these "us" people? You're a cunt regardless of your race. Peace out nigga.

I'm not a nigger, your dog is. Say hi to your neighbors for me.

Gaillo
23rd April 2011, 12:59 AM

Later, GoD... You've had enough 2 and 3 day bans for stuff like this - let's step it up to a week this time.

Buddha
23rd April 2011, 01:06 AM

Later, GoD... You've had enough 2 and 3 day bans for stuff like this - let's step it up to a week this time.

Jesus, I was wondering how many times that I could be called a cunt. Try to bury that hatchet with someone through PM and the general forum, and still get it up the ass.

Awoke
23rd April 2011, 08:36 AM

Luckily the EMP will have no effect on the operation of your Robarms XCR!

8)