PDA

View Full Version : Silver at $47.73......

Ponce
22nd April 2011, 03:36 PM
The real price is $47.73 and not the price shown above..........

iOWNme
22nd April 2011, 05:01 PM
Ponce?

The REAL price is somewhere around $500.00/oz FRN's.......

;D

1970 silver art
23rd April 2011, 07:11 AM
I prefer to use Kitco to check out the metals quote. Most of the local dealers that I have done business with use Kitco quotes and nothing else. I show a high of $46.72 on the Kitco quote and that is the quote that I recognize. Since this is a holiday weekend, then that is probably what is causing the discrepency in the silver quotes. Everything should get straightened out this Sunday evening when trading begins.

Sparky
23rd April 2011, 08:03 AM
I prefer to use Kitco to check out the metals quote. Most of the local dealers that I have done business with use Kitco quotes and nothing else. I show a high of $46.72 on the Kitco quote and that is the quote that I recognize. Since this is a holiday weekend, then that is probably what is causing the discrepency in the silver quotes. Everything should get straightened out this Sunday evening when trading begins.

I think the only real significance is from a technical point of view. If that spike was real, it represents a rapid $1 and fall to/from a new interim high, which is what interim tops often look like.

I know, I know, we're going to triple digits eventually, so it doesn't matter...

PatColo
23rd April 2011, 08:15 AM
The real price is $47.73 and not the price shown above..........

there's some question about that alleged 47.xx price, still unresolved as far as I can tell, hoping for some clarity Sun PM (in the US) when asian trading begins.

Silver at $47.74? Did it just jump over a dollar in a minute? (http://gold-silver.us/forum/silver/silver-at-$47-74-did-it-just-jump-over-a-dollar-in-a-minute/msg216821/#msg216821)

If Sun's trading open appears to "gap a buck higher" into the 47s, and that "gap" didn't quickly close through Mon's US trading, that would probably mean silver rockets several bucks higher through next week. Again.

iOWNme
23rd April 2011, 08:35 AM
I was at my local shop last Wed.....I overheard one of the owners tell a guy that the correction in SIlver is coming at any time.....DOWN TO $20.

I was thinking to myself, Gee, i would think the correction in Silver would be more like $300 or so....LOL

PatColo
23rd April 2011, 09:12 AM
I was thinking to myself, Gee, i would think the correction in Silver would be more like $300 or so....LOL

yes indeed, behold ye the GREAT SILVER CORRECTION!
http://www.chartseeker.com/images/AG-5Y-LG.png

silverseek's 24 hour silver chart shows the 47 biz, but then drops it back down to 46.71, giving the appearance that the 47-biz is just a case of bad data--- still unresolved though IMO.
http://www.chartseeker.com/images/AG-24HR-SM.png

Ponce
23rd April 2011, 09:14 AM
This is the one that I use to check the prices..... still reads $47.73

http://goldprice.org/spot-gold.html

First post of the day............good morning to one and all.

Shami-Amourae
23rd April 2011, 10:04 AM
I think those who are lucky to buy over the weekend better take that chance, since on Monday it's opening high, and going even higher IMO.

SLV^GLD
23rd April 2011, 11:31 AM
Just picked up 2.7 ounces at an average price of $33/ozt. 3 sets of 2010 Proof 90% State Quarters. The deals are out there you just have to have some diligence.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
23rd April 2011, 11:34 AM
The spot price ONLY means that if you walk into the bank of london right now, they will buy unlimited ounces of silver from you at that spot price. That is ALL it means. It's not THE price - it's a price.

Serpo
23rd April 2011, 12:32 PM
http://my.voyager.net/~jrrandall/DukascopySm60fav.html

i believe this to be the true spot price at the moment.

As to those kitco charts.......hate them

Ponce
23rd April 2011, 02:46 PM
OK, only $2.78 closer to my three free rolls of tp from Silver Art heheheheheeheheheheheheh.

1970 silver art
23rd April 2011, 04:24 PM
OK, only $2.78 closer to my three free rolls of tp from Silver Art heheheheheeheheheheheheh.

Actually the 2011 high (so far) for silver is $46.72/oz. That is $3.28 away from hitting $50. Just so everything is clear here, I am using the Kitco spot in this bet. As far as I am concerned, the 2011 high (so far) is $46.72.

I still stand by what I said in that silver will NOT hit $50 this year. It might continue to rise until it enters the mid $48's or maybe low $49's and then once it hits that mid $48's to low $49's range, then it will get brutally smacked down from that point.

Ponce
23rd April 2011, 04:29 PM
Silver? I already stated that there will be a fight.........but it will reach $50.00 WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY before the end of the year and all that I can say is ..........heheheheheheheheheheheheheh

Serpo
23rd April 2011, 04:32 PM
Silver? I already stated that there will be a fight.........but it will reach $50.00 WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY before the end of the year and all that I can say is ..........heheheheheheheheheheheheheh

Bob Chapman thinks it will be a push over

1970 silver art
23rd April 2011, 04:39 PM

I agree that there will be a fight for $50 but it WILL NOT hit $50 this year. Silver will lose the battle for $50 in 2011 BUT I also think that silver will eventually win the battle against JPMorgan for $50.00 and will surpass that mark and continue to head higher BUT it will be sometime after 2011. The long term negative fundamentals of the U.S. dollar will assure that silver will easily surpass the $50 mark sometime after 2011.

SLV^GLD
23rd April 2011, 04:42 PM
Silver Art Bar has secret connections with Kitco and he's pulling strings to win his bet. Do not trust Kitco charts for the rest of the year!

:P

1970 silver art
23rd April 2011, 04:53 PM
Silver Art Bar has secret connections with Kitco and he's pulling strings to win his bet. Do not trust Kitco charts for the rest of the year!

:P

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!

:ROFL:

That's funny SLV^GLD. Thanks for making me laugh. ;D I do not have have any secret connections to Kitco and I am not a silver "mover and shaker". :P I am just a small-fry silver art bar collector with a gut feeling prediction that seems to go against what most people on this board think about silver. I do not mind at all and I enjoy taking the opposing view of what silver will do next because I feel that I will be right on this. I trust the Kitco quote more than anyone else and most of the local dealers that I know use Kitco spot price quotes. This holiday weekend caused this discrepancy in the spot silver quotes and I guess one way for all of this to get settled will be when metals trading resumes this Sunday evening.

Ponce
23rd April 2011, 04:58 PM
Good for you Silver.......maybe you should tell Kitco to send me 3 rolls of tp when it hits $50.00?

1970 silver art
23rd April 2011, 05:04 PM
Good for you Silver.......maybe you should tell Kitco to send me 3 rolls of tp when it hits $50.00?

Well Ponce..............

You (and most everyone on GSUS) think that silver will hit $50 this year. I do NOT think that silver will hit $50 this year and instead it will get smacked down back to the lows that we saw earlier this year. That's cool with me. We just have to agree to disagree on this and we will just see how things play out this year and to see who really wins this bet. :)