PDA

View Full Version : i have to brag a little

chad
27th April 2011, 09:42 AM
remember my SAEs i got for cheap from that bank the other day? my dad just called me. a teller found 4 .999 "first communion rounds" in the back and wanted to know if my dad wanted them for $39.99 + tax.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. how F-ing stupid can you be, especially a bank? :oo-->

this bank is for sure my new favorite place on the planet.

midnight rambler
27th April 2011, 09:51 AM
Talk about a total disconnect from reality. Dayum

Some people are so incompetent they're unable to comprehend how incompetent they really are.

steyr_m
27th April 2011, 09:56 AM
I don't think it's stupidity or incompetence. Most people are still asleep and always will be. Some people have a total dis-connect from gold/silver as money. It isn't their fault, look at the crappy "educational system" and the MSM for the last 50-60 years. There are guys at work who actually want to buy some pm's, but have no idea where to buy them.

sirgonzo420
27th April 2011, 09:56 AM
My regular guy says he'll sell me some 90% pre-1965 silver for 30 times face... that's a comparable deal and he's a coin dealer.

Neuro
27th April 2011, 10:08 AM
How much will the tax bring up the price? Anyway, the bank may get $20-30 more if they send a guy to the nearest coindealer? Probably someone their just thought it would be easier and they would get dome goodwill if the loaded off the coins on your dad at a good price. Anyway Mazel Tov! ;D

chad
27th April 2011, 10:12 AM
My regular guy says he'll sell me some 90% pre-1965 silver for 30 times face... that's a comparable deal and he's a coin dealer.

you buying? ;)

sirgonzo420
27th April 2011, 10:14 AM

you buying? ;)

you bet :)

Serpo
27th April 2011, 12:52 PM
They are banks.......what do they know about REAL money..... ;D

Libertytree
27th April 2011, 01:02 PM
remember my SAEs i got for cheap from that bank the other day? my dad just called me. a teller found 4 .999 "first communion rounds" in the back and wanted to know if my dad wanted them for $39.99 + tax.

$40.00 for the lot? Worthless shit ain't worth $10 apiece ;)

mick silver
27th April 2011, 01:10 PM
all i know is i got luckly to the other day a guy came in an pay with a roll of dimes . after he left i open them and there was a full roll of silver dimes . what a great day to own silver

madfranks
27th April 2011, 02:02 PM
One of my old banks would routinely give me the rejects from their coin counting machine, and one day, lo and behold, there was a .999 1oz silver round in the bin. I got it for free, along with all the other coins. ;D

Bullion_Bob
27th April 2011, 02:05 PM

Bank branches are really just comprised of the simple folk that work there. Now get your ass over to the bank and be really nice to them, but not too nice as to be suspicious. ;D

chad
27th April 2011, 02:53 PM
update: target acquired. and they found a fifth round in the case under a proof set of something or other.

smokin' :morph: