PDA

View Full Version : Raw Milk = contraband ?

StreetsOfGold
29th April 2011, 10:31 AM
the federal government announcing this week that it has gone to court to stop Rainbow Acres Farm from selling its contraband to willing customers in the Washington area. The product in question: unpasteurized milk.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/apr/28/feds-sting-amish-farmer-selling-raw-milk-locally/

Dogman
29th April 2011, 10:45 AM
It looks like it depends on what state you live in, I can buy it here right from the dairy, have done so in the past.

http://www.realmilk.com/happening.html (http://www.realmilk.com/happening.html)

lapis
29th April 2011, 11:27 AM
the federal government announcing this week that it has gone to court to stop Rainbow Acres Farm from selling its contraband to willing customers in the Washington area. The product in question: unpasteurized milk.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/apr/28/feds-sting-amish-farmer-selling-raw-milk-locally/

Oh great! Not again. :(

I belong to a co-op in soCal that buys raw dairy from the Amish in PA (not this farm, and I won't reveal the names online). I'm counting the days until the FDA discovers our special relationship and cracks down.

"A yearlong sting operation, including aliases, a 5 a.m. surprise inspection and surreptitious purchases from an Amish farm in Pennsylvania"

And they can do this because the US is just rolling in surplus cash, right? At least according to their CAFR-denying financial statements. They claim they don't have any cash, and then pull stunts like this.

Make no mistake: Amish grass-fed dairy products are some of the most nutrient-dense foods available in the U.S. That is the ONLY reason why this is happening. If the masses woke up to this fact, the Big Dairy producers would be out of business in the wink of an eye.

lapis
29th April 2011, 11:29 AM
OMG, the comments to this story are hilarious:

"A YEAR LONG STING? A 5am Raid? An undercover secret agent using aliases? A 10 page complaint? I guess those evil Amish guys are so sneaky that it took a team of junior G-men working round the clock to catch them. Sounds like the beginning of a John Candy movie. We have got to stop the Amish menace! Maybe Janet Reno could accuse them of being a religious terror death cult and Holder would send out the ATF. The Amish don't have a place called the Ruby Ridge Ranch do they? That would be perfect!

The Amish, They don't just block traffic anymore."

"Oh my God!!!! I'll never look at the Amish through the same eyes, "The Dreaded Bearded Menace." For all we know the horse drawn buggies could be stealth fighters in disguise.
"Thank you Government, thank you.""

DMac
29th April 2011, 01:24 PM
OMG, the comments to this story are hilarious:

"A YEAR LONG STING? A 5am Raid? An undercover secret agent using aliases? A 10 page complaint? I guess those evil Amish guys are so sneaky that it took a team of junior G-men working round the clock to catch them. Sounds like the beginning of a John Candy movie. We have got to stop the Amish menace! Maybe Janet Reno could accuse them of being a religious terror death cult and Holder would send out the ATF. The Amish don't have a place called the Ruby Ridge Ranch do they? That would be perfect!

The Amish, They don't just block traffic anymore."

"Oh my God!!!! I'll never look at the Amish through the same eyes, "The Dreaded Bearded Menace." For all we know the horse drawn buggies could be stealth fighters in disguise.
"Thank you Government, thank you.""

Beards? Check
Rides horses? Check
Drinks raw milk? Check
Devoutly religious? Check

Sounds like an extremist training ground! Cue the JDAMs

SLV^GLD
29th April 2011, 07:19 PM
It looks like it depends on what state you live in, I can buy it here right from the dairy, have done so in the past.
Enjoy it while it lasts. I currently live in a state that considers you a terrorist, literally, if you get caught even trying to cross state lines to get it.

Dogman
29th April 2011, 07:24 PM
Enjoy it while it lasts. I currently live in a state that considers you a terrorist, literally, if you get caught even trying to cross state lines to get it.

Yea, have a state 75 miles to my east that thinks that way! Screw them if they can't stand a joke.

gunDriller
8th May 2011, 06:29 PM
"A yearlong sting operation, including aliases, a 5 a.m. surprise inspection and surreptitious purchases from an Amish farm in Pennsylvania"

probably involved at least 5 "officers" and 5 administrators, working for a year. plus probably some backup from local law enforcement.

this makes some of the inquisitions we hear about from Bogey Men such as Nazi Germany seem tame by comparison.

sending in jack-booted thugs to stop - milk production and distribution.

estimated cost - $200,000 per employee per year, $2 million.

it's stuff like this that makes a government shutdown seem like a great idea.