PDA

View Full Version : Ellen Brown: Japan's world-biggest nationalized bank, Fukushima, Shock-Doctrine

PatColo
1st May 2011, 11:47 PM
WHY THE JAPANESE GOVERNMENT CAN AFFORD TO REBUILD: IT OWNS THE LARGEST DEPOSITORY BANK IN THE WORLD (http://www.webofdebt.com/articles/japanese_rebuild.php)

Ellen Brown
March 29th, 2011

Suggests the Zio Global Usury Empire has been going after this public bank. Read it at the link above. Also hear Ellen Brown's recent appearance on Kevin Barrett's 4/22 Truth Jihad Radio show,
William Cook on Goldstone, Ellen Brown on Japan & Banksters (http://truthjihadradio.blogspot.com/2011/04/william-cook-on-goldstone-ellen-brown.html)

Second hour: Ellen Brown will discuss the topics of her recent articles including:

* The international banksters' ongoing assault on Japan's gargantuan postal public bank (http://www.webofdebt.com/articles/japanese_rebuild.php) (will the Fukushima disaster provide the "shock doctrine (http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20070911133531194)" pretext to sell it off to the Rothschilds?)

* How Wisconsin could turn austerity into prosperity by starting a public bank (http://www.webofdebt.com/articles/wisconsin.php);

* Libya: Is it about oil, or banking? (http://www.webofdebt.com/articles/libya.php)

...check out her work at www.WebOfDebt.com (http://www.WebOfDebt.com)

MP3 Download (http://www.americanfreedomradio.com/archive/Truth-Jihad-32k-042211.mp3): advance the play-bar to the middle, as it's a 2 hour MP3, and Brown is on beginning the 2nd hour. Advance through the 3 min breaks. First hour is OT to this thread, except maybe for critical of Rothschild's Global Usury Empire's headquarters: Izzy, description reads (see KB's BLOG ENTRY (http://truthjihadradio.blogspot.com/2011/04/william-cook-on-goldstone-ellen-brown.html) for embedded links):

First hour: Professor William Cook will discuss his recent article "Sinning Against Zionism: Traitor to Country," the most eloquent response I have seen to Justice Goldstone's nauseating and cowardly attempt to undermine his own report on the war crimes of Israel's Dec. 2008 - Jan. 2009 assault on Gaza...an assault which has continued ever since in only slightly less virulent form. We'll also discuss his follow-up article (complete with amazing pictures) "Now Israel is free to declare its innocence before the ICJ."

William A. Cook is a professor of English at the University of La Verne in southern California and author of The Rape Of Palestine: Hope Destroyed, Justice Denied, Tracking Deception: Bush Mid-East Policy and The Chronicles Of Nefaria. He is editor of MWCNEWS.

Glass
2nd May 2011, 03:33 AM
unfortunately Ellen Brown knows nothing about anything. I'm sure she's a nice lady but so far all I've seen is some one who is out of their depth.

Horn
2nd May 2011, 05:19 AM
Japan has the financial means to recover from its devastating tsunami

Loose interpretation,

The world should expect nothing more than fully disposable sovereign states.

Burn your house down & hop on board now..

PatColo
2nd May 2011, 05:39 AM
unfortunately Ellen Brown knows nothing about anything. I'm sure she's a nice lady but so far all I've seen is some one who is out of their depth.

one commenter at KB's blog writes of how she's off in her "understanding of money",

April 30, 2011 7:36 AM
Anonymous said... (http://truthjihadradio.blogspot.com/2011/04/william-cook-on-goldstone-ellen-brown.html?showComment=1304174171233#c284469159112 3821490)

Hi Kevin. I'm a little behind in listening to your radio shows. This is regarding your relatively recent interview with Ellen Brown. It was apparent from Ms. Brown's answer to your question about how Egypt, with a little strip of green along the Nile and a huge impoverished population could institute a monetary system that would enable them to prosper, that she doesn't understand what money is. She described a solution based on the issuance of credit and control of the interest gleaned via the extending of these credits, which would be pumped back into the economy, thus engendering economic prosperity. This reveals that Ms. Brown does not understand what money really is. It is not credit!.

I encourage you, and Ms Brown to read Stephen Zarlenga's The Lost Science of Money. From chapter 24 pg. 656, where he summarizes the conclusions or his analysis of real world experiences with money for over 3,00 years...

from Aristotle - "Money exists not by nature but by law"
from Plato - "a money token for the purpose of exchange"
from Paulus - "This device being officially promulgated, circulated and maintained its purchasing power not so much from its substance as from its quantity."
from Berkley - "Whether the true idea of money as such, be not altogether that of a ticket, or counter?"
from Locke & Franklin - who viewed money as a pledge for wealth rather than wealth itself
from Del Mar - "...what is commonly understood as money has always consisted, tangibly, of a number of pieces of some material, marked by public authority and named or understood in the laws or customs: that its palpable characteristic was its mark of authority; its essential characteristic, the possession of value, defined by law; and its function, the legal power to pay debts and taxes and the mechanical power to facilitate the exchange of other objects possessing value."
from Knapp - "Our test, that the money is accepted in payments made to state offices."
from Zarlenga - "Money's essence (apart from whatever is used to signify it), is an abstract social power embodied in law, as an unconditional means of payment.

Ms. Brown's assertion that the valuation of money should be based on some commodity basket of goods is a regression of monetary theory. I encourage you to visit the Zarlenga's site at the American Monetary Institute http://www.monetary.org/ and see what he has to say about the true nature and definition of money. Bring Zarlenga on as a guest!

paul

You can get a feel for Brown's stuff at her site http://www.webofdebt.com/articles, she's obviously a big "public banking" advocate, which will naturally always attract the tools of the Zio Global Usury Empire (http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/the-zionist-elephant-in-the-room/msg2940/#msg2940) to discredit her, misrepresent her, "appeal to authority" obfuscating how money does and must work, etc.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XYtL4sl8L._SS500_.jpg

Her book "Web of Debt (http://www.amazon.com/Web-Debt-Ellen-Hodgson-Brown/dp/0979560888/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8)" (<< amazon link) gets 4.5 out of 5 stars in 174 reader reviews. Read all the reviews there; here are the top two "most helpful" reviews:

Customer Reviews
174 Reviews
5 star:
(146)
4 star:
(6)
3 star:
(4)
2 star:
(5)
1 star:
(13)

Average Customer Review
4.5 out of 5 stars (174 customer reviews)

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

228 of 240 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing, Enfuriating, Terrifying., April 22, 2008
By
Charles Curtis (Jackman, Maine) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Web of Debt: The Shocking Truth About Our Money System and How We Can Break Free (Revised and Updated) (Paperback)
This book is just fantastic. It's worth reading for the history of the monetary system alone. No matter what the lone negative reviewer so far (T. Anderson) here may say, any flaws are mere quibbles. I have multiple degrees in the humanities, and have taken courses in economics, and have read all the big guns in the canon (Smith, Riccardo, Malthus, Marx, Marshall, Keynes, Freidman, etc, etc.) but have never read anything quite like this before.

All the great economists are in the end finally propagandists for their particular worldviews. We are rarely reminded that in essential ways their craft is rooted in that dirty realm: metaphysics. The economists would like us all to believe that what they do is science, that it is a solidly rooted empirical craft. But the fact is that some of the most fundamental aspects of the discipline are rooted in that oftentimes most irrational, insubstantial and fleeting of things: human desire.

Money itself is the sublime exemplar of this fact. This odd measure of value. It is so ubiquitous in our culture, so fundamental to how we all live, yet we rarely sit and contemplate what it really "is." Where it comes from, what it does, and who (in the final analysis) really controls it. Most of us spend most of our waking hours chasing it, without really understanding what it really is we are doing.

Ellen Brown has given us all an opportunity to change that. Again, no matter that there are some few factual and perhaps conceptual flaws here. There's still a gluttonous orgy of food for thought in these pages. Starting with a brilliant expose of the origin of the banking system, and it's logic, she flays the monetary system and lays its anatomy out for examination. She gets you to think about what the banks are really doing when they loan.. what exactly is happening when they extend us those oh so seductive lines of revolving credit; what the nature of your mortgage really is.

She leads us from the Renaissance goldmerchants' creation of the nascent capitalist banking system, through the 18th & 19th century struggles over control of the money supply, all the way through to an analysis of the current mortgage crisis. She warns us what may yet be in store for us if and when Freddie Mac finally defaults on its 700 billion in bond obligations.

MSNBC, the Wall Street Journal, Kiplinger Report and Economist will never explain any of this to you. I think we all can intuit why that is. You owe yourself this education. This information ought to be part of our daily political discourse, and a part of every high school education. Again, you gotta wonder why it is not.

Final Admonition: Acquire & Read this Book. You will not regret it.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comments (15)

205 of 216 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Follow the Yellow Brick Road... to comprehend a financial system on the brink of collapse, September 16, 2007
By
GK (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Web of Debt: The Shocking Truth About Our Money System -- The Sleight of Hand That Has Trapped Us in Debt and How We Can Break Free (Paperback)
I have been researching this topic myself for four or five years now and am familiar with almost every other book in this genre, and I can unequivocally say that this is now the definitive work on the world's financial and banking system, the history of money and power in Western civilization, and the dire prognosis for our economy and our personal freedoms, in general, as a result. It is vastly superior to "The Creature from Jekyll Island", to compare it to one other fine book on the subject that is now outdated, both in terms of its complete historical coverage, as well as a completely up to date perspective on recent financial history and a deeply insightful analysis of our current debt crisis, why it was let out of control, and who would benefit from its ultimate unwinding. Quite frankly, looking back four to five years from now, this could be the most profound non-fiction work of our times. Robert Hemphill, Credit Manager for the Federal Reserve Bank in Atlanta, when speaking on the same topic as this book, stated, "It is the most important subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon." I couldn't agree more, and even encourage many unintelligent persons to give it a go. The mechanics of money and finance have a profound affect on every person's life and well being, and is inextricably linked to the fabric of our society and our freedom. Yet it is almost completely ignored and poorly understood by the common man. As Henry Ford said, "It is well that the people of this nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be revolution before tomorrow morning." It's time we all started to understand what's been going on and how it will affect our immediate future.

Ellen Hodgson Brown does a remarkable job at making this subject both easily understandable and richly entertaining while not pulling any of the sordid details or facts. It's impressive in its clarity, fascinating to read, and educational for anyone who might already think they fully understand the system. Unknown to most, The Wizard of Oz was written as a parable for our monetary system. Ms. Brown takes us down that yellow brick road and shows us that the reason L. Frank Baum's timeless story resonates with us so deeply is that our own world works much the same way as the Land of Oz, with a parallel cast of characters. It lies within our power, and in this book, to find our own ruby/silver slippers, thus avoiding the crisis to find our way back home to the real utopia.

Ellen Brown knows nothing about anything.

Is there something more specific you can identify in your broad-brushed critique of her?

Glass
2nd May 2011, 04:43 PM
ok let me rephrase my comments. Helen is several years behind the curve with regards to he comprehension of how things work in banking, finance and the economy. I guess she is not alone so she is probably still capable of expanding the knowledge of other people who are also several years behind the curve. The feeling I get is that it will all be over bar the shouting before she gets a comprehensive grasp of the situation. People who get the fraud in one sector but who still support other sectors which are also clearly fraudulent don't get much of my attention. Max Keiser for example gets some of my attention with regard to the monetary fraud and financial terrorism because it's valid but gets none with regards to the environment he stuff he goes on about because he misses the point. He should stay focused on the stuff he is exceptionally good at.

You can't reject some of it and support the rest of it. I've explained that poorly but never mind.

Large Sarge
2nd May 2011, 04:48 PM
from my understanding she helped setup the bank of north dakota, and made it the best economy in the U.S. ( during the meltdown/great depression)

basically restoring states rights, and money/ credit to the state level

lapis
2nd May 2011, 07:48 PM
I think Ellen Brown does a pretty good job broadly explaining economics for someone who was An English major and got her start as a lawyer defending the "little man," like the Tijuana, Mexico based faith healer. She wrote a bunch of books on health, and according to The Daily Bell site was inspired by G. Edward Griffin's

"World Without Cancer, which linked the pharmaceutical cartel to the banking cartel, which actually got its power through the private creation of money. Brown also discovered that The Wizard of Oz was written as a monetary allegory, growing out of the populist money reform movement of the 1890s, and this, she has stated, gave her the "plot line" to make a dry subject interesting."

As someone who finds Economics extremely dry I appreciate her writing style. But I can see why she wouldn't have as many of the right answers as someone who has studied Economics thoroughly.

Glass
2nd May 2011, 09:07 PM
ok sorry. I didn't mean to misdirect this thread and I hope I haven't put anyone off reading or listening to the OP's links.

People should read and listen to Ellen for themselves and not be put off by my comments. She does share knowledge that people are going to find useful depending on where they are at in their journey to unearth the truth.

I don't particularly agree with E.G. 's recent revelation that he believes a FIAT debt system can be paid off by everyone. Of course that topic has been thrashed out in other threads. His Jekyll Island work is a great eye opener and was the thin edge of the wedge that opened the eyes of some people dear to me. The back flip on the debt was disappointing though because it ignores the fundamental mechanics of the system.