PDA

View Full Version : Fuel rods ejected TWO miles - Arnie Gunderson

midnight rambler
4th May 2011, 01:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGgk7JQqXy4&feature=player_embedded

keehah
4th May 2011, 01:57 PM
Natural News: Death's door (http://www.naturalnews.com/032251_Fukushima_radiation.html#ixzz1LQ41BnXN)
Monday, May 02, 2011 by: Mark Sircus

On Sunday, April 24, 2011 Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) disclosed a map of radiation levels at the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant. Radiation levels around the No. 3 reactor building, which was damaged by a powerful hydrogen explosion, are higher than in other locations, and 300 millisieverts per hour of radiation was detected in debris on a nearby mountainside. Stand near that and 30 hours later kiss life goodbye.

Work started on April 6th to remove contaminated rubble that had been obstructing the restoration process. TEPCO says much of the debris around the former office building has been removed, and it has started clearing the rubble around the No. 3 and No. 4 reactors. Enough debris has been removed to fill 50 containers, and it is being kept in a field on the mountainside.

The radiation levels one meter away are 1 to 2 millisieverts per hour. Gee, that would be a walk in the park, meaning we could hang around endlessly until 20 days go by and then we too are radioactive toast.

Okay so let's translate that into a bit of practical reality for people 10,000 miles away on the east coast of the United States. We're getting pretty far away from that damn door and yet its nuclear wretchedness is reaching around the world just like Chernobyl did.

Radiation a Personal Account

"I am a retired biologist who used to work in radiation biology. Just wanted to share with you what we've been doing lately. We live in the mid-Atlantic area of the U.S. We have a Geiger counter and have been testing daily for radiation (am and pm) since the Fukushima incident. Since March 11, our numbers normally are 25-30 cpm inside and 31-35 cpm outside (Geiger counter sits at an open window). This is within background radiation numbers. When it rains, the numbers rise to about 35 cpm for inside and 40 cpm for outside. Our grass reads around 50 cpm. I noticed today after I did some weeding (sunny day) and washing my hands that they read around 50 cpm. I had to wash them 3-4 times before the reading went down.

gunDriller
5th May 2011, 07:37 AM
We live in the mid-Atlantic area of the U.S. We have a Geiger counter and have been testing daily for radiation (am and pm) since the Fukushima incident. Since March 11, our numbers normally are 25-30 cpm inside and 31-35 cpm outside (Geiger counter sits at an open window). This is within background radiation numbers. When it rains, the numbers rise to about 35 cpm for inside and 40 cpm for outside. Our grass reads around 50 cpm. I noticed today after I did some weeding (sunny day) and washing my hands that they read around 50 cpm. I had to wash them 3-4 times before the reading went down.
[/quote]

Jesus - and i thought dealing with Poison Oak was bad !

i hired a surveyor yesterday. we spent about 4 hours crawling through poison oak. when i got home i took a shower with Apple Dawn soap, then a bath with more soap, then another shower - with more soap.

so, in the process of dealing with the Poison Oak (hopefully), i guess i washed whatever possible radiation off, too !

Poison Oak - the "cure" for radiation exposure ?!

sirgonzo420
5th May 2011, 07:47 AM
We live in the mid-Atlantic area of the U.S. We have a Geiger counter and have been testing daily for radiation (am and pm) since the Fukushima incident. Since March 11, our numbers normally are 25-30 cpm inside and 31-35 cpm outside (Geiger counter sits at an open window). This is within background radiation numbers. When it rains, the numbers rise to about 35 cpm for inside and 40 cpm for outside. Our grass reads around 50 cpm. I noticed today after I did some weeding (sunny day) and washing my hands that they read around 50 cpm. I had to wash them 3-4 times before the reading went down.

Jesus - and i thought dealing with Poison Oak was bad !

i hired a surveyor yesterday. we spent about 4 hours crawling through poison oak. when i got home i took a shower with Apple Dawn soap, then a bath with more soap, then another shower - with more soap.

so, in the process of dealing with the Poison Oak (hopefully), i guess i washed whatever possible radiation off, too !

Poison Oak - the "cure" for radiation exposure ?!
[/quote]

LOL...

it's a bit tricky washing radiation off with radioactive tapwater.

Horn
5th May 2011, 07:56 AM
Now if he were on the U.S. news telling it like it is at the time of the detonation.

What would have been the immediate outcome in California?