PDA

View Full Version : Detroit and Hiroshima, then and now.

Olmstein
10th May 2011, 07:42 AM
I found these comparisons very interesting.

http://buzzinn.net/hiroshima-and-detroit-then-and-now/

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2349112/posts

SLV^GLD
10th May 2011, 08:03 AM
The first link is a complete piece of shit.

A) It's Yokohama not Hiroshima so there is outright deception.

B) There are no "then" pictures of Detroit so it fails to deliver what it promises.

C) In the 2 hours or so I went sightseeing outside of Detroit's downtown I specifically saw over 2/3 of those pictures in person. There is a lot more to see in Detroit and I would wager that a lot of it looks even worse. Of course, they omitted the amazing stuff downtown. So, we have a complete lack of effort in the article, too.

C2) In the second link the pictures of Detroit were flat out ripped off from a specific photographer's work. At least the copy artist could have referenced the original work (which has more and better pictures). http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1882089,00.html

No offense meant to Olmstein.

steyr_m
10th May 2011, 08:12 AM
Those pictures show the importance of a homogeneous society.

If Hiroshima had the same demographics as Detroit (blacks) it would look similar to what Detroit does now.

sirgonzo420
10th May 2011, 08:18 AM

If Hiroshima had the same demographics as Detroit (blacks) it would look similar to what Detroit does now.

It's not *all* about homogeneity... there are homogenous black societies in Haiti and Africa... and they aren't exactly "first-world" status.

Olmstein
10th May 2011, 08:33 AM

None taken. Just a couple of sites I found, apparently there was a viral email last October with some of these pictures. I missed it then, thought some here may enjoy them. All I did was google "detroit and hiroshima", and these 2 links showed up, along with many others.

sirgonzo420
10th May 2011, 08:34 AM

None taken. Just a couple of sites I found, apparently there was a viral email last October with some of these pictures. I missed it then, thought some here may enjoy them. All I did was google "detroit and hiroshima", and these 2 links showed up, along with many others.

whatever, it's all your fault

steyr_m
10th May 2011, 11:29 AM

It's not *all* about homogeneity... there are homogenous black societies in Haiti and Africa... and they aren't exactly "first-world" status.

I know what you mean and I've been over that before in other threads. What I was talking about was for white and some asian races.. Detroit would be different if was all white.

This is the reason why I feel A. Lincoln was assassinated, because he wanted to colonize the blacks in the country. I'm not a fan of AL, but he knew the importance of social homogeneity.

sirgonzo420
10th May 2011, 11:32 AM

I know what you mean and I've been over that before in other threads. What I was talking about was for white and some asian races.. Detroit would be different if was all white.

This is the reason why I feel A. Lincoln was assassinated, because he wanted to colonize the blacks in the country. I'm not a fan of AL, but he knew the importance of social homogeneity.

Ok. That makes more sense now... I was slightly misunderstanding you.