PDA

View Full Version : Florida BATF starting to push hard.

Libertytree
13th May 2011, 07:27 PM
I guess the state must really be hurting for $$$. Today the boss informed me that in the next few days/weeks a new set of rules is about to be mandated. Each ID has to of course show the person is of legal drinking/smoking age but also cannot be expired (this law is rarely enforced), also any ID that is cracked, chipped, warped, overly worn or not in pristine condition disqualifies the sale. If we are caught making such sales we are to be fined, don't know the amount till next week, the customer isn't fined but the counter person is.

Maybe it's just Fl? Or this could possibly come from the Fed BATF? I did a search but nothing came up. Seems like another part of the noose is being tightened and I have to admit I'm really not liking the thought of being a de facto agent of those asshats, maybe it is time to move on?

osoab
13th May 2011, 07:42 PM
Did your boss get popped for selling to an underage kid and is adding a few layers to the story?

Not digging on your boss, but why would FLBATF be messing with a local liquor store? Normally it is the local pricks that are doing the ball busting.

Libertytree
13th May 2011, 07:52 PM
Did your boss get popped for selling to an underage kid and is adding a few layers to the story?

Not digging on your boss, but why would FLBATF be messing with a local liquor store? Normally it is the local pricks that are doing the ball busting.

According to him this is a new statewide initiative, next Thursday is a meeting/training day with owners and management. I don't think he got popped or is embellishing either.

midnight rambler
13th May 2011, 07:55 PM
Surely you realize that when the state 'ID' 'expires' that the 'person' which it 're-presents' 'expires' as well. It's a case of civiliter mortuus.

Libertytree
13th May 2011, 09:30 PM
Surely you realize that when the state 'ID' 'expires' that the 'person' which it 're-presents' 'expires' as well. It's a case of civiliter mortuus.

I guess there's a law against doing business with or acknowledging a dead person?

VX1
14th May 2011, 11:13 AM
Lovely. I can tell this is going to be a problem for me. My valid FL license is from the early 90's, and is the laminated paper. I've never lost it and therefore never had to get the new credit-card type; for renewals, they've always sent me a new sticker for the back to update the expiration. I know, because of this REAL ID crap, that I'll have to make an appearance at the DMV at my next expiration in '14, but I won't be going to get it before that... a hell no.

Last year, I pulled out that license to buy a beer at Universal Studios Orlando. The mindless worker refused to sell me the beer, saying "we were told not to accept the old paper licenses anymore". I turned on my "authoritarian voice" and told her it was illegal for her to not accept this valid state document. I got my beer. When walking away, I said "BTW, do I look like I could possibly be under 40? Have some freaking common sense, alright?"