PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I should return my check to the people b/c we don't do anything here

TheNocturnalEgyptian
21st May 2011, 11:36 PM
Rand Paul: "I have to sneak onto the floor of the House to get a vote on anything. They don't want a debate about Libya. They don't want a debate about anything. I feel like I should return my check to the people b/c we don't do anything up here."

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2011/05/20/exp.ac.rand.paul.obama.cnn.html

"They weren't too happy with me because I used parliamentary powers to gain access to the floor. They don't want to allow any access, or any debate."

Video interview at link.

As the 60 day mark on the Libyan War passes, the president either needs to gain congressional approval, or withdraw troops over the next 30 days.

mick silver
22nd May 2011, 04:56 AM
is he saying we have troops on the gound there . i thought there would be no troops on the ground

iOWNme
22nd May 2011, 06:21 AM
This is not a War.......It is a kinetic Military action.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

sunshine05
22nd May 2011, 07:21 AM
So what we've always suspected is true, they don't do anything! Thanks for sharing that.

BillBoard
22nd May 2011, 07:38 AM
Oh they do something alright, they fk you and me with their laws!

gunDriller
22nd May 2011, 09:13 AM
This is not a War.......It is a kinetic Military action.

is that anything like a drive-by shooting ?

TheNocturnalEgyptian
25th May 2011, 11:23 AM
Looks like he finally decided to do something about it. Rand is holding the floor and won't let go.

sirgonzo420
25th May 2011, 11:30 AM
Looks like he finally decided to do something about it. Rand is holding the floor and won't let go.

not bad for a junior Senator from Kentucky!

:)

DMac
25th May 2011, 11:43 AM
Harry Reid Routes Around Rand Paul; Says No Changes To Patriot Act Is 'An Excellent Compromise' (http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110524/19471114419/harry-reid-routes-around-rand-paul-says-no-changes-to-patriot-act-is-excellent-compromise.shtml)

Sen. Reid basically killed his current bill and and opted to take up a House small business bill (it's in a form that's considered filibuster-proof as far as starting debate goes). Neither Rand Paul nor anyone else can object to this. Reid then amended the House bill with the entire text of the Patriot Act extension.

sirgonzo420
25th May 2011, 11:45 AM
Reid is a traitorous faggot.

mightymanx
25th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Reid is a traitorous faggot.

But he was AIPAC and Diebold's pick of the litter.