PDA

View Full Version : Another Military/Police/First Responder TV Worship Show

sunnyandseventy
29th May 2011, 12:01 PM
Just in case your faith in the military/police/first responder area has lagged; ABC brings you an evening of worship.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/05/combat_hospital.html

sunnyandseventy
29th May 2011, 12:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtmykzM5zSk&feature=player_embedded

keehah
29th May 2011, 01:09 PM
My first time seeing this on youtube: "The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Yes the CSI effect has moved on over the last decade to include a whole new genre with public servents running around with really big automatic weapons. In many western countries at the same time.

Even the Obama Osama BS has been addled buy too much TV. Blame the Emanuels eh?
Remember when Obama said they had dumped his body the next morning because they got a DNA match (later that night)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI_effect

Several aspects of popular crime shows have been criticized as being unrealistic. In real investigations, DNA and fingerprint data are often unobtainable and, when they are available, can take several weeks to process, whereas television crime labs usually get results within hours. In the first season of CSI, technicians made a plaster mold of the interior of a wound to determine the type of knife used to make the wound, which is not possible with current technology.[2] Characters on television often use the word "match" to describe a definitive relationship between two pieces of evidence, whereas real forensic technicians can only say that one piece of evidence "is associated with" another, to avoid associating themselves with potential error.

And in addition, in the real world it takes much more work for a DNA 'match' via a relative's DNA (as they say was done for Osama by Obama) that with a sample of the person's actual DNA.

sunnyandseventy
29th May 2011, 03:07 PM
Maybe you can tune into Fox for some worshipping of the "troops". Cheesy nascar style.

Gaillo
29th May 2011, 03:08 PM
Maybe you can tune into Fox for some worshipping of the "troops". Cheesy nascar style.

Video footage of hajii raids, roadside IED's, and humvee patrols interspersed with Applebee's commercials? ;D

Dogman
29th May 2011, 03:14 PM

Video footage of hajii raids, roadside IED's, and humvee patrols interspersed with Applebee's commercials? ;D

What were those movies, know there were several that for popular entertainment that put reality into reality shows. Not the scripted crap they show now.

Think that is the final destination that entertainment is heading to. So Gaillo in time, methinks what you posted may come true Someday!

Gaillo
29th May 2011, 03:16 PM

What were those movies, know there were several that for popular entertainment that put reality into reality shows. Not the scripted crap they show now.

Think that is the final destination that entertainment is heading to. So Gaillo in time, methinks what you posted may come true Someday!

Not sure which movies you're talking about - my post was referring to the movie "Talledega Nights", where cheesy Nascar wreck footage is interrupted by an Applebee's commercial, then returns to the wreck still in progress! ;D

One thing I think you might be thinking of is either Robocop, or The Running Man - I remember both had twisted "reality" show concepts in their plot.

Dogman
29th May 2011, 03:20 PM

Not sure which movies you're talking about - my post was referring to the movie "Talledega Nights", where cheesy Nascar wreck footage is interrupted by an Applebee's commercial, then returns to the wreck still in progress! ;D

One thing I think you might be thinking of is either Robocop, or The Running Man - I remember both had twisted "reality" show concepts in their plot.

Yea, The running Man and the others like that! And you are right! I remember that in Talladega Nights and that dam commercial thanks for the memory's!

keehah
29th May 2011, 03:34 PM

Speaking of Robocop and the new TV programming, got me thinking of 1983's Videodrome.

The future is now I guess. Although I'm still safe as long as youtube and the like are still blocking broadcast in my country. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAgHWj0sQAo

willie pete
29th May 2011, 05:16 PM

Speaking of Robocop and the new TV programming, got me thinking of 1983's Videodrome.

The future is now I guess. Although I'm still safe as long as youtube and the like are still blocking broadcast in my country. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAgHWj0sQAo

one of my favorite horror/suspense movies of all time...videodrome....I remember the first time I saw it it freaked me out... :D ...good FX for the time ;) ..oh and Debbie Harry too.... ;)

ShortJohnSilver
29th May 2011, 09:00 PM
And in addition, in the real world it takes much more work for a DNA 'match' via a relative's DNA (as they say was done for Osama by Obama) that with a sample of the person's actual DNA.

I did look into this, and it is technically possible to have a match within 12 hours (I think in as little as four), and actually they had more time than that to prepare the samples from the relative. Provided they had the latest and greatest gear, the skilled lab people to run the samples, enough tissue for double-blind tests to check themselves, avoidance of contamination of the samples taken from the corpse, etc.

However what are the chances of having all of those elements available within the time frame given, on the other side of the world, in utmost secrecy?

It would only be logical to assume that corners would be cut given the pressure and the PR value of such a kill.

A more cynical view would be that OBL was dead long before and this was all a sham.

AndreaGail
29th May 2011, 09:37 PM

indy 500...rookie jr hildebrand crashes on the final corner of the last lap...sponsored by national guard
coke 600...dale jr runs out of gas on final turn of last lap...sponsored by national guard

not the best day for troop sponsored cars ^-^