PDA

View Full Version : 300 Kids Receive Free Bikes

Book
1st June 2011, 11:09 PM
Hundreds of kids get a free bike for perfect attendance

KTVB.COM

June 1, 2011

NAMPA -- More than 300 third graders who had perfect attendance received brand new bikes and helmets in Nampa.

Tom Scott Toyota has been handing out the free bikes in the Canyon County area for the past five years.

Parents say the free bikes have been a great motivator for their students.

“There are days in the morning where kids don't want to get up for school, and it's that little extra motivation that got her going,” said Kelby Dribnak, a father of a third grader.

Every year the number of bikes Tom Scott Employees hand out has increased.

“Now we're up to about 360 bikes for four different school districts,” said Sara Krantz, with Tom Scott Toyota. “It's my favorite part of the year just to be able to see all their faces and to see how much they've worked and strive for it throughout the year is so rewarding.”

All the money used to purchase the bikes and the helmets came from the dealership's current owner. Third graders from the Nampa, Caldwell, Vallivue and Middleton School Districts all received bikes for not missing a day of school during the 2010 year.

VIDEO LINK: http://www.ktvb.com/news/Third-graders-with-perfect-attendance-awarded-with-free-bikes-122994413.html

:)

mightymanx
2nd June 2011, 08:55 AM
But But but but....

How could the private sector do something that helps civic virtue?????

Did they have a government permit or something this needs to be banned immediatly before it spreads to other areas.

Those bikes should have went to Isreal what were they thinking to divert them!!!!!

(Insert sarcasm emotocon here)

madfranks
2nd June 2011, 12:25 PM
When I was in 6th grade, I was the only one in the class who had perfect attendance all year, so at the end of the year my teacher took me out for a pizza lunch.

Now that I think about it, that would probably get him into trouble today, you know, a person of trust taking a minor off school grounds for an hour. Ha ha, funny to think about.

SLV^GLD
2nd June 2011, 12:30 PM
Ha ha, funny to think about.

Yeah, cuz if you don't laugh you'll scream.

osoab
3rd June 2011, 04:08 PM
With the decrease in criteria for our publik shcoolz, I wonder how many of the kids actually deserved a bike.