PDA

View Full Version : New FL law: No $$ from state w/OUT Urine,Blood,Hair samples drug tested first!!

beefsteak
2nd June 2011, 03:33 PM
Floridians will have to submit urine, blood or hair samples for drug testing before receiving cash benefits from the state

June 2, 2011
Miami HeraldFloridians will have to submit urine, blood or hair samples for drug testing before receiving cash benefits from the state, under a bill Gov. Rick Scott signed into law today.

"The goal of this is to make sure we don't waste taxpayers' money," Scott said. "And hopefully more people will focus on not using illegal drugs."

Taxpayers will reimburse welfare applicants for negative drug tests. Positive tests will carry an immediate ban on Temporary Assistance for Needy Families for six months. A second positive test will result in a three-year ban on state assistance.

Other details in the new law:

• The Department of Children and Families must inform applicants that they can avoid a drug test if they do not apply for benefits.

• The state must assure each applicant "a reasonable degree of dignity while producing and submitting a sample."

• Parents who fail drug tests can get benefits for their children by naming a state-approved designee to collect the money. That designee must also pass a drug test.

ACLU Florida has suggested they might sue the state over the new law. A statement from the group's state director today did not mention legal action, but said they would have an announcement tomorrow about Scott's executive order forcing drug tests on state employees.

"Once again, this governor has demonstrated his dismissal of both the law and the right of Floridians to personal privacy by signing into law a bill that treats those who have lost their jobs like suspected criminals," Howard Simon said in his statement. "This wasteful program created by this law subjects Floridians who are impacted by the economic downturn, as well as their families, to a humiliating search of their urine and body fluids without cause or even suspicion of drug use."

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2011/05/scott-signs-bill-forcing-drug-tests-on-welfare-recipients.html#ixzz1O7OjkQCu

mick silver
2nd June 2011, 04:04 PM
look like the aclu is looking out for there selfs again ..............ACLU Florida has suggested they might sue the state over the new law. A statement from the group's state director today did not mention legal action, but said they would have an announcement tomorrow about Scott's executive order forcing drug tests on state employees.

Libertytree
2nd June 2011, 04:05 PM
Yet another reason why I'm getting the hell outta here and moving back to the boonies of the real south! This is just a beginning of hard crackdown on everyone and I ain't playin' that fucking game, adios motherfuckers....I'll be in the woods.

Twisted Titan
2nd June 2011, 04:08 PM
please note nothing was said as to the legal status of any of the recipients

Serpo
2nd June 2011, 04:12 PM
And I thought drugs where the only thing keeping FL afloat

Cebu_4_2
2nd June 2011, 04:16 PM
And I thought drugs where the only thing keeping FL afloat

Email from a friend down there:

We saw a bunch a helicopters and cars the other night.. Turns out it was that DEA just busted 4 Bahamians. They brought 1000 pounds of pot over. They followed them then busted them while they loaded their van and 3 got chewed up by the canine dogs trying to run away, my neighbor works at the hospital and treated them. The DEA just killed another chunk of our economy....lol.... - and they killed Free Trade with Bahamas.

Libertytree
2nd June 2011, 04:31 PM
In Fl you now have to pass a piss test to get unemployment, when you're working they're happy to see your dollars being spent regardless of your off duty recreational past times. Fuck them and the horse they think they're sittin' on.

osoab
2nd June 2011, 04:34 PM
What about bankers? :dunno

7th trump
2nd June 2011, 04:34 PM
Good................I hope it spills over to all the states.

About time they try to straighten out the users!

Libertytree
2nd June 2011, 04:47 PM
Just because someone might party a little isn't reason to villify and punish them. The system is what it is, not that I agree with it, but portraying these people as scum is not right either.

So, I smoke a lil reffer, I shouldn't be able to collect the unemployment I've paid into for 30+ years?

7th trump
2nd June 2011, 05:47 PM
Just because someone might party a little isn't reason to villify and punish them. The system is what it is, not that I agree with it, but portraying these people as scum is not right either.

So, I smoke a lil reffer, I shouldn't be able to collect the unemployment I've paid into for 30+ years?

Coming from strictly a Biblical stance the word "scorcerer" stems from the greek word "pharmsica". Pharmsica means drug users.
The English language we get "pharma" meaning drugs as in "pharmaseutical".

The recreational drug users wont be allowed into paradise.
You wont find any druggies in Heaven.
Just so you understand where I come from.

osoab
2nd June 2011, 05:54 PM

Coming from strictly a Biblical stance the word "scorcerer" stems from the greek word "pharmsica". Pharmsica means drug users.

Well, I guess the fun stuff doesn't happen in heaven? :dunno

po boy
2nd June 2011, 06:01 PM
Good................I hope it spills over to all the states.

About time they try to straighten out the users!

I hope the legislation spills over to drugs from the big farma corporation, but it won't and people will get scrips paid for by medicare an the Med industry complex will prosper in this sinking economy.

In reality FL is just stealing money from those who pay in to save .gov leeches.

po boy
2nd June 2011, 06:04 PM

Do you drink coffee it's got caffeine and that's a drug.

7th trump
2nd June 2011, 06:10 PM

Do you drink coffee it's got caffeine and that's a drug.

No
I cant stand coffee.
Everything has a purpose and recreational drug use is not a purpose of any kind.

solid
2nd June 2011, 06:16 PM
No
I cant stand coffee.
Everything has a purpose and recreational drug use is not a purpose of any kind.

Well, life's short, I like my coffee. I figure, as long as we treat others the way we'd like to be treated....God would understand that.

I don't think he wants us condemning others, especially over something small such as herb smoking. He's probably up there laughing at this whole mess, we've created collectively...he's a man of humor, I just know that. ;)

Libertytree
2nd June 2011, 06:23 PM
Coffee = hell?

solid
2nd June 2011, 06:31 PM
I don't have a problem if someone wants to get stoned and is not in a position to cause harm to others as a result of it but I do have a problem with those on welfare being able to afford to get stoned, if they have enough money to buy drugs they can buy their own food or pay their own bills.

I agree with this...I just don't give a shit anymore.

At this stage in the game, who cares? It's all one big comedy of jokers. Might as well get a good laugh from it all.

I guess I've adopted the "fuck it" mentality, whatever happens...it is what it is. I'm not going to lose sleep or get any extra grey hairs over it all.

sunnyandseventy
2nd June 2011, 06:37 PM
I bet Jesus and a lot of others were puffers back in that time.

osoab
2nd June 2011, 06:38 PM
I bet Jesus and a lot of others were puffers back in that time.

http://donkeyts.com.s3.amazonaws.com/artifacts/images/design_data/thumb-275x274-design-403.png

Antonio
2nd June 2011, 06:42 PM
All this will do is drive people away from harmless pot which stays in your piss at least a month and towards coke and dope which one pisses out in 3 days.Also, it`ll increase the use of alcohol which is the most destructive way to get high.

7th trump
2nd June 2011, 06:43 PM
Come on guys use the matter between your ears please.
Coffee doesnt destroy your mental capacity to think clearly.

Theres a very good reason why we are all taking our turn in the flesh.
Shooting up and taking a hit to a point you destroy yoursellf is not the reason why we are here.

All I'm saying is that God said "scorerers" will not enter into paradise and that word when researched means "pharmasica"............drug users.

sunnyandseventy
2nd June 2011, 06:52 PM
OK, for clarification. Am I damned/doomed if smoked weed? Or am I cool as long as I piss clean at the gates?

sirgonzo420
2nd June 2011, 06:57 PM
Does this apply to ALL state employees, including legislators?

I didn't think so...

willie pete
2nd June 2011, 07:22 PM
Does this apply to ALL state employees, including legislators?

I didn't think so...

THAT'S what I'd like to see....drug-test EVERYBODY from the Gov down....and IF they collect your blood, THAT means they have an EXCELLANT sample of your DNA

7th trump
2nd June 2011, 07:25 PM
OK, for clarification. Am I damned/doomed if smoked weed? Or am I cool as long as I piss clean at the gates?
Why ask me .........why not ask God.

Antonio
2nd June 2011, 08:06 PM
Consider the semantics. Being high is not the opposite of sobriety, it is the opposite of being low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PR_rzF8ofw

solid
2nd June 2011, 08:11 PM
Why ask me .........why not ask God.

OK. God says if you have beers, drink them. If you have something to smoke, smoke it. If you have amends, make them...tell the folks around you, you care about them, and that life is short.

He'll see us when he sees us.

ShortJohnSilver
2nd June 2011, 08:53 PM
Awesome!

I am 100% clean and now my bodily wastes are worth $20 per 4 fluid ounces! My cost to produce is a $1 bottle of Gatorade - a mere 5% of what I can sell it for.

The Urine fl. oz. to Silver oz troy ratio is going my way!

silver solution
2nd June 2011, 09:51 PM

Jesus drank wine and God made the herbs.

silver solution
2nd June 2011, 09:52 PM
Awesome!

I am 100% clean and now my bodily wastes are worth $20 per 4 fluid ounces! My cost to produce is a $1 bottle of Gatorade - a mere 5% of what I can sell it for.

The Urine fl. oz. to Silver oz troy ratio is going my way!
Do you have buyers? I could do that:-)

7th trump
3rd June 2011, 03:31 AM

Then you better get into the Bible to learn what is meant by "scorcerer" and how it is used in scripture instead of justifying your playful semantics.
Christ said his people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge did He not?
Looks to me like you are one lacking useful knowledge.

And that destruction is being thrown into the firey pit to be destroyed with fire from within............and that means to become nonexistant.

po boy
3rd June 2011, 04:07 AM

Then you better get into the Bible to learn what is meant by "scorerer" and how it is used in scripture instead of justifying your playful semantics.
Christ said his people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge did He not?
Looks to me like you are one lacking useful knowledge.

And that destruction is being thrown into the firey pit to be destroyed with fire from within............and that means to become nonexistant.

Is that in Strong's?

Celtic Rogue
3rd June 2011, 04:35 AM

LOL Thats a stretch of imagination! Jesus drank wine. Wine contains alcohol and alcohol is a drug. So by your convoluted logic Jesus wouldnt be allowed in heaven.

You seem to be brainwashed by the drug war propaganda that all drug use makes you a bad person. I say BS drug use isnt the problem, drug ABUSE "is" in my opinion.

Coming from strictly a Biblical stance show me in the ten commandments where it says though shall not use drugs!

7th trump
3rd June 2011, 05:32 AM

LOL Thats a stretch of imagination! Jesus drank wine. Wine contains alcohol and alcohol is a drug. So by your convoluted logic Jesus wouldnt be allowed in heaven.

You seem to be brainwashed by the drug war propaganda that all drug use makes you a bad person. I say BS drug use isnt the problem, drug ABUSE "is" in my opinion.

Coming from strictly a Biblical stance show me in the ten commandments where it says though shall not use drugs!

I'm not stupid pal! You may show your ignorance, but try not to do it so blatantly...
Go look up the what "scorcerer" means, if you are willing and understand, once you know what it means and incorporate that meaning in the scripture its used in!
I mean really go look up what it means all the way back to the Greek of that time.
There are other laws besides the Commandments. You have precepts, statutes and health laws that are not the Commandments but nonethless observed. You'll be judge on them (not neccessarily the health laws) as well as the Commandments.

dys
3rd June 2011, 05:38 AM
The white shoe boys get bailed out with trillions= not tested.
The prols get a few bucks for gas and ramon noodles= tested.

dys

Santa
3rd June 2011, 06:30 AM
The governor of Floridate, Rick Scott owns the clinics that will do much of the testing.
The drug testing industry is a multi-billion dollar invasion of body fluids and urinary privacy.
He's a protected criminal who stole billions of Medicare funds and was rewarded for it.
This is one of the most obscene acts of taxpayer theft ever.
Disgusting beyond belief.
And it'll most likely be a reality very soon.

Because some people seem to want hell on earth.

Santa
3rd June 2011, 06:40 AM
All I'm saying is that God said "scorerers" will not enter into paradise and that word when researched means "pharmasica"............drug users.

Middle English sorcerie, from Anglo-French, from sorcer sorcerer, from Medieval Latin sortiarius, from Latin sort-, sors chance, lot — more at series
First Known Use: 14th century

Synonyms: bewitchery, 7th Trumpery, bewitchment, conjuring, devilry (or deviltry), diablerie, enchantment, ensorcellment, mojo, necromancy, magic, thaumaturgy, voodooism, witchcraft, witchery, wizardry

7th trump
3rd June 2011, 06:59 AM

Middle English sorcerie, from Anglo-French, from sorcer sorcerer, from Medieval Latin sortiarius, from Latin sort-, sors chance, lot — more at series
First Known Use: 14th century

Synonyms: bewitchery, 7th Trumpery, bewitchment, conjuring, devilry (or deviltry), diablerie, enchantment, ensorcellment, mojo, necromancy, magic, thaumaturgy, voodooism, witchcraft, witchery, wizardry

Funny........nothing going back to the Greek.
There will be much nashing of teeth just after the return of Christ.
Any doubts why?

Cant even follow simple instructions to take "scorcerer" to the Greek and follow it from there.
Amazing how some people just stop where they want and beleive what they want to justify their sins.

Stupid is what stupid does I guess.....well according to Forest Gump anyway.

Ash_Williams
3rd June 2011, 07:00 AM
For Unemployment Insurance... that's dumb. They bought the insurance, and unemployment happened. I doesn't matter what they do now.

For Welfare I agree 100%. Welfare should be at least as unpleasant as having a real job. If you can't even be bothered to stay clean to collect free money then you can go straight to hell. I think they shouldn't get benefits if they smoke or drink either. It's really the least they can do as there's lots of people working their asses off and not doing recreational drugs to support these welfare cases.

7th trump
3rd June 2011, 07:03 AM
For Unemployment Insurance... that's dumb. They bought the insurance, and unemployment happened. I doesn't matter what they do now.

For Welfare I agree 100%. Welfare should be at least as unpleasant as having a real job. If you can't even be bothered to stay clean to collect free money then you can go straight to hell. I think they shouldn't get benefits if they smoke or drink either. It's really the least they can do as there's lots of people working their asses off and not doing recreational drugs to support these welfare cases.

Just another benefit from being a federal "US citizen" over being a political member of the People united.

Book
3rd June 2011, 07:16 AM
GSUS should drug-test the members when they log on.

:D

7th trump
3rd June 2011, 07:19 AM

And that would explain alot of people on this forum.

Like I said i do not want to be around any of these people when the SHTF. They are worse than the zombies they make fun of.

horseshoe3
3rd June 2011, 07:37 AM

Finally a voice of reason. Seems like most people here think its a God-given right to use the force of government to steal my money and buy drugs. The others think that if you lose your job, you should be shot. ;D

If I had my way, there would be no government welfare at all. Private charity would be the only way to get help if you are "down on your luck." But since that is not going to happen in the current political climate, I think this is a step in the right direction. It shifts the attitude from "welfare is a right" to "welfare is a privelege and we're going to try and weed out the abusers."

And for the record, caffiene does impair my ability to think clearly. Back when I drank a lot of pop I didn't think it affected me. Since I've been clean, I can tell when I've had something with caffiene. It makes me jittery and unable to concentrate. I hate that feeling. It's like I am outside my own brain. I try to convince it to settle down and get to work, but it just flits from one thought fragment to another without doing anything productive.

Santa
3rd June 2011, 08:11 AM
Cant even follow simple instructions to take "scorcerer" to the Greek and follow it from there.
Amazing how some people just stop where they want and beleive what they want to justify their sins.

Wow. What a stretch.

The definition could just as easily be interpreted as medication to mean using the Internet to alleviate the nagging addiction to information. Another palliative medication to clutter and befuddle the mind with material nonsense.

This obscene intrusion is coming for you too. I guess you're just too star struck by your own self aggrandizement to see it. It's not limited to welfare recipients, or State employees, nor is it's underlying profit motive and population control limited to drug use.

The next scenario will be taking children away from parents who test positive for taking two anti-anxiety pills when their prescriptions only called for one.

The skies the limit where it comes to this gov control shit.

<< Galatians 5:20 >>
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,

King James Bible
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

American King James Version
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, jealousies, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

American Standard Version
idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties,

Douay-Rheims Bible
Idolatry, witchcrafts, enmities, contentions, emulations, wraths, quarrels, dissensions, sects,

Darby Bible Translation
idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strifes, jealousies, angers, contentions, disputes, schools of opinion,

English Revised Version
idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, heresies,

Webster's Bible Translation
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

World English Bible
idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies,

Young's Literal Translation
idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, strifes, emulations, wraths, rivalries, dissensions, sects,

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed. with Diacritics
εἰδωλολατρεία φαρμακεία ἔχθρα ἔρις ζῆλος θυμός ἐριθεία διχοστασία αἵρεσις

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Greek Orthodox Church
εἰδωλολατρία, φαρμακεία, ἔχθραι, ἔρεις, ζῆλοι, θυμοί, ἐριθεῖαι, διχοστασίαι, αἱρέσεις,

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Stephanus Textus Receptus (1550, with accents)
εἰδωλολατρεία φαρμακεία ἔχθραι ἔρεις, ζῆλοι, θυμοί ἐριθείαι διχοστασίαι αἱρέσεις

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Westcott/Hort with Diacritics
εἰδωλολατρία, φαρμακεία, ἔχθραι, ἔρις, ζῆλος θυμοί, ἐριθεῖαι, διχοστασίαι, αἱρέσεις,

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed.
ειδωλολατρια φαρμακεια εχθραι ερις ζηλος θυμοι εριθειαι διχοστασιαι αιρεσεις

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Byzantine/Majority Text (2000)
ειδωλολατρεια φαρμακεια εχθραι ερεις ζηλοι θυμοι εριθειαι διχοστασιαι αιρεσεις

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Textus Receptus (1550)

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Textus Receptus (1894)

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Westcott/Hort

Galatians 5:20 Hebrew Bible
עבודת אלילים וכשוף איבות ומצות וקנאה ורגז מריבות מחלקות וכתות׃

Apocalypsis 22:21 Latin: Biblia Sacra Vulgata
idolorum servitus veneficia inimicitiae contentiones aemulationes irae rixae dissensiones sectae

Gálatas 5:20 Spanish: La Biblia de las Américas (©1997)
idolatría, hechicería, enemistades, pleitos, celos, enojos, rivalidades, disensiones, sectarismos,

Gálatas 5:20 Spanish: La Nueva Biblia de los Hispanos (©2005)
idolatría, hechicería, enemistades, pleitos, celos, enojos, rivalidades, disensiones, herejías,

Gálatas 5:20 Spanish: Reina Valera (1909)
Idolatría, hechicerías, enemistades, pleitos, celos, iras, contiendas, disensiones, herejías,

Gálatas 5:20 Spanish: Sagradas Escrituras (1569)
idolatría, hechicerías, enemistades, pleitos, celos, iras, contiendas, disensiones, herejías,

Gálatas 5:20 Spanish: Modern
idolatría, hechicería, enemistades, pleitos, celos, ira, contiendas, disensiones, partidismos,

Galates 5:20 French: Louis Segond (1910)
l'idolâtrie, la magie, les inimitiés, les querelles, les jalousies, les animosités, les disputes, les divisions, les sectes,

Galates 5:20 French: Darby
l'idolâtrie, la magie, les inimitiés, les querelles, les jalousies, les colères, les intrigues, les divisions,

Galates 5:20 French: Martin (1744)
L'idolâtrie, l'empoisonnement, les inimitiés, les querelles, les jalousies, les colères, les disputes, les divisions, les sectes,

Galates 5:20 French: Ostervald (1744)
L'idolâtrie, les enchantements, les inimitiés, les querelles, les jalousies, les animosités, les disputes, les divisions, les sectes,

Galater 5:20 German: Luther (1912)
Abgötterei, Zauberei, Feindschaft, Hader, Neid, Zorn, Zank, Zwietracht, Rotten, Haß, Mord,

Galater 5:20 German: Luther (1545)
Abgötterei, Zauberei, Feindschaft, Hader, Neid, Zorn, Zank, Zwietracht, Rotten, Haß, Mord,

Galater 5:20 German: Elberfelder (1871)
Götzendienst, Zauberei, Feindschaft, Hader, Eifersucht, Zorn, Zank, Zwietracht, Sekten,

加 拉 太 書 5:20 Chinese Bible: Union (Traditional)
拜 偶 像 、 邪 術 、 仇 恨 、 爭 競 、 忌 恨 、 惱 怒 、 結 黨 、 紛 爭 、 異 端 、

加 拉 太 書 5:20 Chinese Bible: Union (Simplified)
拜 偶 像 、 邪 术 、 仇 恨 、 争 竞 、 忌 恨 、 恼 怒 、 结 党 、 纷 争 、 异 端 、

加 拉 太 書 5:20 Chinese Bible: NCV (Simplified)
拜偶像、行邪术、仇恨、争竞、忌恨、忿怒、自私、分党、结派、

加 拉 太 書 5:20 Chinese Bible: NCV (Traditional)
拜偶像、行邪術、仇恨、爭競、忌恨、忿怒、自私、分黨、結派、
Idolatry witchcraft hatred variance emulations wrath strife seditions heresies
ειδωλολατρεια noun - nominative singular feminine
eidololatreia i-do-lol-at-ri'-ah: image-worship -- idolatry.φαρμακεια noun - nominative singular feminine
pharmakeia far-mak-i'-ah: medication (pharmacy), i.e. (by extension) magic -- sorcery, witchcraft.εχθραι noun - nominative plural feminine
echthra ekh'-thrah: hostility; by implication, a reason for opposition -- enmity, hatred.ερεις noun - nominative plural feminine
eris er'-is: a quarrel, i.e. (by implication) wrangling -- contention, debate, strife, variance.ζηλοι noun - nominative plural masculine
zelos dzay'-los: heat, i.e. (figuratively) zeal (in a favorable sense, ardor; in an unfavorable one, jealousy, as of a husband (figuratively, of God), or an enemy, malice)θυμοι noun - nominative plural masculine
thumos thoo-mos': passion (as if breathing hard) -- fierceness, indignation, wrath. εριθειαι noun - nominative plural feminine
eritheia er-ith-i'-ah: intrigue, i.e. (by implication) faction -- contention(-ious), strife.διχοστασιαι noun - nominative plural feminine
dichostsis dee-khos-tas-ee'-ah: disunion, i.e. (figuratively) dissension -- division, sedition.αιρεσεις noun - nominative plural feminine
hairesis hah'-ee-res-is: a choice, i.e. (specially) a party or (abstractly) disunion -- heresy (which is the Greek word itself), sect.

7th trump
3rd June 2011, 08:34 AM

Wow. What a stretch.

The definition could just as easily be interpreted as medication to mean using the Internet to alleviate the nagging addiction to information. Another palliative medication to clutter and befuddle the mind with material nonsense.

This obscene intrusion is coming for you too. I guess you're just too star struck by your own self aggrandizement to see it. It's not limited to welfare recipients, or State employees, nor is it's underlying profit motive and population control limited to drug use.

The next scenario will be taking children away from parents who test positive for taking two anti-anxiety pills when their prescriptions only called for one.

The skies the limit where it comes to this gov control shit.

<< Galatians 5:20 >>
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,

King James Bible

American King James Version
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, jealousies, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

American Standard Version
idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties,

Douay-Rheims Bible
Idolatry, witchcrafts, enmities, contentions, emulations, wraths, quarrels, dissensions, sects,

Darby Bible Translation
idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strifes, jealousies, angers, contentions, disputes, schools of opinion,

English Revised Version
idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, heresies,

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies,

Young's Literal Translation
idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, strifes, emulations, wraths, rivalries, dissensions, sects,

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed. with Diacritics
εἰδωλολατρεία φαρμακεία ἔχθρα ἔρις ζῆλος θυμός ἐριθεία διχοστασία αἵρεσις

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Greek Orthodox Church
εἰδωλολατρία, φαρμακεία, ἔχθραι, ἔρεις, ζῆλοι, θυμοί, ἐριθεῖαι, διχοστασίαι, αἱρέσεις,

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Stephanus Textus Receptus (1550, with accents)
εἰδωλολατρεία φαρμακεία ἔχθραι ἔρεις, ζῆλοι, θυμοί ἐριθείαι διχοστασίαι αἱρέσεις

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Westcott/Hort with Diacritics
εἰδωλολατρία, φαρμακεία, ἔχθραι, ἔρις, ζῆλος θυμοί, ἐριθεῖαι, διχοστασίαι, αἱρέσεις,

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed.

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Byzantine/Majority Text (2000)

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Textus Receptus (1550)

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Textus Receptus (1894)

ΠΡΟΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΑΣ 5:20 Greek NT: Westcott/Hort

Galatians 5:20 Hebrew Bible
עבודת אלילים וכשוף איבות ומצות וקנאה ורגז מריבות מחלקות וכתות׃

Apocalypsis 22:21 Latin: Biblia Sacra Vulgata
idolorum servitus veneficia inimicitiae contentiones aemulationes irae rixae dissensiones sectae

Gálatas 5:20 Spanish: La Biblia de las Américas (©1997)
idolatría, hechicería, enemistades, pleitos, celos, enojos, rivalidades, disensiones, sectarismos,

Gálatas 5:20 Spanish: La Nueva Biblia de los Hispanos (©2005)
idolatría, hechicería, enemistades, pleitos, celos, enojos, rivalidades, disensiones, herejías,

Gálatas 5:20 Spanish: Reina Valera (1909)
Idolatría, hechicerías, enemistades, pleitos, celos, iras, contiendas, disensiones, herejías,

Gálatas 5:20 Spanish: Sagradas Escrituras (1569)
idolatría, hechicerías, enemistades, pleitos, celos, iras, contiendas, disensiones, herejías,

Gálatas 5:20 Spanish: Modern
idolatría, hechicería, enemistades, pleitos, celos, ira, contiendas, disensiones, partidismos,

Galates 5:20 French: Louis Segond (1910)
l'idolâtrie, la magie, les inimitiés, les querelles, les jalousies, les animosités, les disputes, les divisions, les sectes,

Galates 5:20 French: Darby
l'idolâtrie, la magie, les inimitiés, les querelles, les jalousies, les colères, les intrigues, les divisions,

Galates 5:20 French: Martin (1744)
L'idolâtrie, l'empoisonnement, les inimitiés, les querelles, les jalousies, les colères, les disputes, les divisions, les sectes,

Galates 5:20 French: Ostervald (1744)
L'idolâtrie, les enchantements, les inimitiés, les querelles, les jalousies, les animosités, les disputes, les divisions, les sectes,

Galater 5:20 German: Luther (1912)

Galater 5:20 German: Luther (1545)

Galater 5:20 German: Elberfelder (1871)
Götzendienst, Zauberei, Feindschaft, Hader, Eifersucht, Zorn, Zank, Zwietracht, Sekten,

加 拉 太 書 5:20 Chinese Bible: Union (Traditional)
拜 偶 像 、 邪 術 、 仇 恨 、 爭 競 、 忌 恨 、 惱 怒 、 結 黨 、 紛 爭 、 異 端 、

加 拉 太 書 5:20 Chinese Bible: Union (Simplified)
拜 偶 像 、 邪 术 、 仇 恨 、 争 竞 、 忌 恨 、 恼 怒 、 结 党 、 纷 争 、 异 端 、

加 拉 太 書 5:20 Chinese Bible: NCV (Simplified)
拜偶像、行邪术、仇恨、争竞、忌恨、忿怒、自私、分党、结派、

加 拉 太 書 5:20 Chinese Bible: NCV (Traditional)
拜偶像、行邪術、仇恨、爭競、忌恨、忿怒、自私、分黨、結派、
Idolatry witchcraft hatred variance emulations wrath strife seditions heresies
ειδωλολατρεια noun - nominative singular feminine
eidololatreia i-do-lol-at-ri'-ah: image-worship -- idolatry.φαρμακεια noun - nominative singular feminine
pharmakeia far-mak-i'-ah: medication (pharmacy), i.e. (by extension) magic -- sorcery, witchcraft.εχθραι noun - nominative plural feminine
echthra ekh'-thrah: hostility; by implication, a reason for opposition -- enmity, hatred.ερεις noun - nominative plural feminine
eris er'-is: a quarrel, i.e. (by implication) wrangling -- contention, debate, strife, variance.ζηλοι noun - nominative plural masculine
zelos dzay'-los: heat, i.e. (figuratively) zeal (in a favorable sense, ardor; in an unfavorable one, jealousy, as of a husband (figuratively, of God), or an enemy, malice)θυμοι noun - nominative plural masculine
thumos thoo-mos': passion (as if breathing hard) -- fierceness, indignation, wrath. εριθειαι noun - nominative plural feminine
eritheia er-ith-i'-ah: intrigue, i.e. (by implication) faction -- contention(-ious), strife.διχοστασιαι noun - nominative plural feminine
dichostsis dee-khos-tas-ee'-ah: disunion, i.e. (figuratively) dissension -- division, sedition.αιρεσεις noun - nominative plural feminine
hairesis hah'-ee-res-is: a choice, i.e. (specially) a party or (abstractly) disunion -- heresy (which is the Greek word itself), sect.

Wow.......still cant even take it to the Greek to translate it back to see just what it really means.
Hey......maybe third time is a charm?

Let it come to me...... I have nothing to hide so do I really care?
I dont rely on anybody but myself anyway so no big deal to even work up a sweat about.
Whats going on has been foretold would happen if His children dont obey. And well...........!

The bible is riddle with detail what the end times are going to be like for those who dont obey.
For those who do obey........they will not even feel the heat of Gods anger. Everything will be scorched and pounded to ruin around them. Those who obey will be prosperous when the dust settles.
Nothing to be scared about at all.
If they want my retirement ........take it! I'm not at all tied to money anyway!
You want the house take it too? Well take it too.

Santa
3rd June 2011, 09:12 AM
Wow.......still cant even take it to the Greek to translate it back to see just what it really means.

I just did. I guess you can't read.

Just because some whack ball on the internet interprets pharmakeia (medication) or rather, the act of taking medication as magic or scorcery does not alter nearly 2 thousand years of universally accepted Biblical interpretation.

By your interpretation, chewing willow bark to alleviate a toothache would be sufficient scorcery for you and your ugly little cult to point your crooked fingers and claim the Lord condemns the poor drug user to hell.

Really pathetic.

Hatha Sunahara
3rd June 2011, 09:14 AM
I'm sure sales of this item will skyrocket in Florida and all the other states that go that way:

http://www.thewhizzinator.com/

Hatha

lapis
3rd June 2011, 10:17 AM
I'm sure sales of this item will skyrocket in Florida and all the other states that go that way:

http://www.thewhizzinator.com/

Now that is capitalism in action! ;)

But really, there's all kinds of ways to defeat the tests. Just look online. I know someone who drinks a lot of water and takes B complex vitamins. You can also drink some herbal detox teas.

7th trump
3rd June 2011, 10:25 AM

Just because some whack ball on the internet interprets pharmakeia (medication) or rather, the act of taking medication as magic or scorcery does not alter nearly 2 thousand years of universally accepted Biblical interpretation.

By your interpretation, chewing willow bark to alleviate a toothache would be sufficient scorcery for you and your ugly little cult to point your crooked fingers and claim the Lord condemns the poor drug user to hell.

Really pathetic.

You dont get it do you?
Whats the object and the subject of the verse?
I never said taking medication was going to send anyone to hell. That is what you thought I said because you didnt read prior posts of mine. I said everything has a purpose and creational drug use is what God does not like........shooting up heroin and crack cocain has no medicinal purposes what so ever. It destroys oneself and thats not getting anybody any point into paradise.
God is doing nothing more than telling everyone reading how He feels about druggies looking for their next high. It will land you in a place you wont like one bit.
The interpretation is lost going from the greek to the english language and I was telling everyone about it but you want to make an issue out of it for no other reason other than you're ignorant of Gods word.
Plain and simple!

dys
3rd June 2011, 11:16 AM
Finally a voice of reason. Seems like most people here think its a God-given right to use the force of government to steal my money and buy drugs. The others think that if you lose your job, you should be shot. ;D

If I had my way, there would be no government welfare at all. Private charity would be the only way to get help if you are "down on your luck." But since that is not going to happen in the current political climate, I think this is a step in the right direction. It shifts the attitude from "welfare is a right" to "welfare is a privelege and we're going to try and weed out the abusers."

And for the record, caffiene does impair my ability to think clearly. Back when I drank a lot of pop I didn't think it affected me. Since I've been clean, I can tell when I've had something with caffiene. It makes me jittery and unable to concentrate. I hate that feeling. It's like I am outside my own brain. I try to convince it to settle down and get to work, but it just flits from one thought fragment to another without doing anything productive.

I see it as a step in the wrong direction. A step in the right direction would be to do this test on the politicians and the bankers.

dys

Ash_Williams
3rd June 2011, 11:40 AM
I see it as a step in the wrong direction. A step in the right direction would be to do this test on the politicians and the bankers.

You could tell the bank they're not getting your business unless the CEO submits to drug test, or the politician he's not getting your vote unless he pees in a cup first. So why not tell the welfare recipient he isn't getting your money unless he stays clean (as you may very well have to in order to earn that money)?

Neuro
3rd June 2011, 12:52 PM
I guess the millions of people who get opiates or amphetamines from their MD will get a free pass. This targets only the pot smoker. I doubt they will even test for opiates and speed...

sirgonzo420
3rd June 2011, 01:12 PM
I guess the millions of people who get opiates or amphetamines from their MD will get a free pass. This targets only the pot smoker. I doubt they will even test for opiates and speed...

They won't test for LSD either!

7th trump
3rd June 2011, 01:18 PM

dys

Are you suggesting you are a sleeper socialist Dys?
Please clarify because what you are suggesting isnt right.
There shouldnt be any program of welfare period. God says dont let then eat if they are not willing to work. Well this SS program goes directly against your ethics and you are saying its going in the wrong direction.
I agree with Horseshoe3 here......only private charity for those in immediate need.
If people dont want to get off their dead asses and go to work they shouldnt be allowed to suck off the producers.
Now i understand the economy is in shambles and most cannot do anything about that but we wouldnt be in this economic trouble in the first place if it wasnt for socialism.
This economic situati0n we are in is a curse from God.

dys
3rd June 2011, 02:50 PM

You could tell the bank they're not getting your business unless the CEO submits to drug test, or the politician he's not getting your vote unless he pees in a cup first. So why not tell the welfare recipient he isn't getting your money unless he stays clean (as you may very well have to in order to earn that money)?

Because you can't tell the banker that they are not getting your business. They all get our business in the form of an inflation tax.

dys

silver solution
3rd June 2011, 02:53 PM

Really pathetic.

I think I looked into this some time ago and I think he is 100% right when it comes to pharmacy, pharmaceuticals. I almost never take them.

silver solution
3rd June 2011, 02:57 PM

dys

Are you suggesting you are a sleeper socialist Dys?
Please clarify because what you are suggesting isnt right.
There shouldnt be any program of welfare period. God says dont let then eat if they are not willing to work. Well this SS program goes directly against your ethics and you are saying its going in the wrong direction.
I agree with Horseshoe3 here......only private charity for those in immediate need.
If people dont want to get off their dead asses and go to work they shouldnt be allowed to suck off the producers.
Now i understand the economy is in shambles and most cannot do anything about that but we wouldnt be in this economic trouble in the first place if it wasnt for socialism.
This economic situati0n we are in is a curse from God.
Gods Law is socialist, socialism just not like what the governments do now.

Serpo
3rd June 2011, 03:40 PM
I found out yesterday that some people that work in mines in Australia and have to be drug tested have turned to this stuff which they like very much apparently not that I know much about it.Dosnt show up in tests yet,

http://www.kronic-legal-weed.com.au/

willie pete
3rd June 2011, 03:43 PM

....just reminded me of a joke....

Woman goes into her Doctors office, Doctor comes out and says "first thing we'll need is a stool & urine sample" ...woman says; "I'm in a hurry doc, can I just leave my underwear?" :D

Santa
3rd June 2011, 06:54 PM
I said everything has a purpose and creational drug use is what God does not like........God is doing nothing more than telling everyone reading how He feels about druggies looking for their next high. It will land you in a place you wont like one bit.

So you know what God does not like based on your interpretation of what Paul wrote in a language you can't read?

Forget tradition. Forget a thousand years of scholarly agreement on the meaning and intent of what was written.

Forget the accepted English meaning of scorcery...

Because you know what God wants. He wants all those recently unemployed creational drug users to go to hell.

Maybe you're right, Trump.

Yeah, maybe God wants those millions of recently unemployed people to beg for left over McNuggets and paper ketchup cups in the scorching heat of Walmart parking lots. :D

7th trump
3rd June 2011, 08:49 PM
I said everything has a purpose and creational drug use is what God does not like........God is doing nothing more than telling everyone reading how He feels about druggies looking for their next high. It will land you in a place you wont like one bit.

So you know what God does not like based on your interpretation of what Paul wrote in a language you can't read?

Forget tradition. Forget a thousand years of scholarly agreement on the meaning and intent of what was written.

Forget the accepted English meaning of scorcery...

Because you know what God wants. He wants all those recently unemployed creational drug users to go to hell.

Maybe you're right, Trump.

Yeah, maybe God wants those millions of recently unemployed people to beg for left over McNuggets and paper ketchup cups in the scorching heat of Walmart parking lots. :D

Actually if you ever read Gods letters (the Bible) you'd know He doesnt want to do any of this. He doesnt see any enjoyment in having to destroy His own creation. He lives by His own rules and Commandments.....................Christ Himself died obeying the Law for our sake.........not His but ours. He blesses and He curses.
As for you I know you dont know squat about God or His letters. You prefer to beleive in traditions of men. You havent a clue and when its presented you prefer to argue semantics of ignorance. You have a chip on your should for no good reason at all. The world is going to whore after the fake Christ and yet you dont even have a clue why or when. You havent a clue theres a fake christ coming FIRST!
But if you think every unemployed person out there is a drug user you really dont know Gods word like you pass yourself of as. I said use the matter between your ears to understand what "scorcerer" is and how it is used.................and this is what is returned..........more cock semantics.

Look, if you think your cock is big enough to ignore the facts then so be it.........I could careless!
Have a good trip! Enjoy it while it lasts!
If you want to ignore taking the word back to its original meaning and instead substitute it for your (mans) interpretation from what you were taught then lets hope for your sake your cock is bigger than Christ's because every knee is going to bend at the 7th trumpet whether you like it or not!

gunDriller
4th June 2011, 06:48 AM
i have a feeling that more Floridians will be shaving their heads.

which reminds me - what do you call people from Tampa ?

Neuro
4th June 2011, 07:12 AM
I really don't understand how 7th comes to the conclusion that the quote is meant for only recreational drug use. Further it would be a large grey area too? How about someone who is occasionally self medicating on some weed to wind down from stresses in his/her life, vs someone who abuses vicodin, prescribed by a MD, on a daily basis, even though the original physical reason for the pain is long gone... Where do you draw the line 7th? Do you think MDs are ordained by god to give the right prescription and amount every time. If not, does those who follows the MDs prescription, unwittingly even, damned to hell?

Book
4th June 2011, 09:10 AM
then lets hope for your sake your cock is bigger than Christ's because every knee is going to bend at the 7th trumpet whether you like it or not!

You hope to be kneeling before Christ's big cock? What?

:o no wonder your posts get threads moved to our Religion section...

Santa
4th June 2011, 09:22 AM
If you want to ignore taking the word back to its original meaning and instead substitute it for your (mans) interpretation from what you were taught then lets hope for your sake your cock is bigger than Christ's because every knee is going to bend at the 7th trumpet whether you like it or not!

Lol...Whoa, back up there big fella. I won't touch the big cock crack, but... :o

The problem as usual, is that you don't get that what YOU are judging others by is not Gods word, but merely your borrowed(not even your own) interpretation of what you think God meant by that word. That's the problem.

I'm not the one claiming to know Gods word. YOU are.

It's one thing to have and to voice an opinion about drug users, or welfare scoflaws and even claim you have derived your opinion from reading the Bible and leave it at that. But you claim to know what God means and what He wants, arrogantly forgetting that all you're doing is interpreting one word out of a string of words that comprise a fuller meaning, and in a language you don't even know...

And then to top it off, you suggest I'm hell bound for not agreeing with your interpretation. Classic... :D

7th trump
4th June 2011, 09:59 AM

Lol...Whoa, back up there big fella. I won't touch the big cock crack, but... :o

The problem as usual, is that you don't get that what YOU are judging others by is not Gods word, but merely your borrowed(not even your own) interpretation of what you think God meant by that word. That's the problem.

I'm not the one claiming to know Gods word. YOU are.

It's one thing to have and to voice an opinion about drug users, or welfare scoflaws and even claim you have derived your opinion from reading the Bible and leave it at that. But you claim to know what God means and what He wants, arrogantly forgetting that all you're doing is interpreting one word out of a string of words that comprise a fuller meaning, and in a language you don't even know...

And then to top it off, you suggest I'm hell bound for not agreeing with your interpretation. Classic... :D

What ever..............your hell bound for not listening to Gods word. Your very deeds are whats going to decide for you.

"My children are destroyed for lack of knowledge"

7th trump
4th June 2011, 10:05 AM
I really don't understand how 7th comes to the conclusion that the quote is meant for only recreational drug use. Further it would be a large grey area too? How about someone who is occasionally self medicating on some weed to wind down from stresses in his/her life, vs someone who abuses vicodin, prescribed by a MD, on a daily basis, even though the original physical reason for the pain is long gone... Where do you draw the line 7th? Do you think MDs are ordained by god to give the right prescription and amount every time. If not, does those who follows the MDs prescription, unwittingly even, damned to hell?

Habitual users............get it? Their not in Gods favor and in danger of losing their very existence.
If our Father says they are not allowed in Heaven then where do you suppose they are going to be? Any guesses?
Read what I said.....................everything has a purpose as long as its not abused.
The habitual drug users that havent any medical need is a "scorcerer" in the eyes of God.
But theres denial on this forum that just want to justify their habitual selves....................its going to be a show watching these fools try and pull a fast one over God into thinking otherwise.