PDA

View Full Version : Any chance I can get hold of religion section of the forum?

Grad
10th June 2011, 08:21 AM
I am leaving, any chance I can get hold of the religion section of the forum?

Or has it been deleted?

Grad
10th June 2011, 08:23 AM
..................... please

platinumdude
10th June 2011, 08:42 AM
Why you leaving?

platinumdude
10th June 2011, 08:43 AM
Looks like JQP lost religion.

D sciple
10th June 2011, 08:45 AM
has there been a J team takeover here? (the full word may not be allowed anymore)

D sciple
10th June 2011, 08:49 AM
I asked why the religion philosophy politics (sub?) forums were gone yesterday. The only place I've seen it addressed was when Gaillo said this:

The biggest difficulty for me was figuring out how to convince the VBulletin software that my iPad is not a "mobile device" - and to send the "full" data to it like any other desktop computer. For any users having this problem, I finally solved it by dumping my cookies, then telling my browser to impersonate Internet Explorer.

MNeagle
10th June 2011, 08:51 AM
probably just an oversight

Grad
10th June 2011, 08:57 AM
please give me data from the religion section and I will leave for ever, will not even email to the old team

Horn
10th June 2011, 09:31 AM
The 11th is tomorrow, wait until then.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/search.php?searchid=768

sirgonzo420
10th June 2011, 10:28 AM
I hope the religion forum is brought here.... And don't leave grad.

:(

Santa
10th June 2011, 10:43 AM
The 11th is tomorrow, wait until then.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/search.php?searchid=768

I agree. Don't leave. Your posts are provocative and make me think. I like that.

Book
10th June 2011, 10:53 AM
please give me data from the religion section and I will leave for ever, will not even email to the old team

May you go in peace.

Grad
10th June 2011, 11:06 AM
few people know through pM-s that I was about to "document stuff for my home archives", but I could not back it up, because I was hit with a ban
( my first ban in 8 years :) )

now it looks like the entire section is gone

sirgonzo420
10th June 2011, 11:25 AM
few people know through pM-s that I was about to "document stuff for my home archives", but I could not back it up, because I was hit with a ban

JohnQPublic said that he was keeping the old forum around intact for a while.

madfranks
10th June 2011, 12:10 PM
The religion forum is complete and intact, the only problem is that members seem to not be able to access it at the moment.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?22-Religion-and-Philosophy

It won't be hard to restore so everyone can view it again, but please just be patient while we work out all the kinks. There were bound to be a few, but don't worry none of the threads got lost.

madfranks
10th June 2011, 12:13 PM

Once the sub-forum has been restored, you can back it up for your personal archives as much as you please. Also, don't leave, we like you here.

sirgonzo420
10th June 2011, 12:17 PM
Once the sub-forum has been restored, you can back it up for your personal archives as much as you please. Also, don't leave, we like you here.

What's the easiest way to do that?

Gaillo
10th June 2011, 12:21 PM
File - Save As...

madfranks
10th June 2011, 12:24 PM
What's the easiest way to do that?

I personally prefer my saved threads in PDF format, and if you have adobe acrobat standard or higher you can print the threads as PDFs, or you can download one of the free PDF Printers (CutePDF Printer, Bullzip PDF Printer, etc) and use those.

Grad
10th June 2011, 12:40 PM
thank you. I thought Gaillo deleted it.

sorry for the drama.

sirgonzo420
10th June 2011, 12:41 PM

sorry for the drama.

I can't imagine him doing such a thing... even though he may loathe religion.

sirgonzo420
10th June 2011, 12:49 PM
No problem. The drama is always good here. I skipped shul so I wouldn't miss any good posts!

lol

mazel tov!

Gaillo
10th June 2011, 12:50 PM

sorry for the drama.

Grad/G2Rad,
In all actuality, I had VERY little to do with the forum transition to VBulletin, other than some feedback about problems that need fixing. All the database management was handled by JQP, so if anything got deleted it was due to his actions or mistakes. He's currently aware of the religious section problem, it's on his lizt of problems to fix.
Bear with us for just a few days while we go through this transition, it will all turn out OK.
BTW, I echo the sentiment of others here... don't go - you would be missed!
-Gaillo

Gaillo
10th June 2011, 12:58 PM

Loath religion? No... it's more like I find it amusing and irrational. I definitely think humanity would be better off without it (well... at least rhe controlling "organized religion" variety) - but I actually have quite a few religious friends, grew up in a very conservative ultra-religious area, and was once a student/evangelist of Christianity. If religion makes you a better person, who am I to judge? I just see more "think they're better" people because of it than the former.

Book
10th June 2011, 01:01 PM
That section got Raptured. Anyone who doubts this is obviously not a real Believer.

Grad
10th June 2011, 01:17 PM

I imagined that after I saw my Darwin monkeys deleted; I saw charts linked in from de-humanizer network; I see people missing; I see me kicked out for pointing Jewish origins of the Big Lebovski.

it looks to me that the de-humanizer is the target to which Gaillo wants to direct the forum.

is that the case, Gaillo?

Grad
10th June 2011, 01:19 PM
I agree. Don't leave. Your posts are provocative and make me think. I like that.

you see my predicament, Santa?

thank you for the post, and those are nice pictures you take.

Grad
10th June 2011, 01:23 PM
That section got Raptured. Anyone who doubts this is obviously not a real Believer

you are as active at "massonic" forum as you are active here at this forum

could you describe five differences between the two?

Gaillo
10th June 2011, 01:27 PM
I imagined that after I saw my Darwin monkeys deleted; I saw charts linked in from de-humanizer network; I see people missing; I see me kicked out for pointing Jewish origins of the Big Lebovski.

it looks to me that the de-humanizer is the target to which Gaillo wants to direct the forum.

is that the case, Gaillo?

Nope... not at all. You got banned in that thread because you kept spamming it with multiple-part religious sermons and picture sets, after I very nicely asked you THREE times to cut it out. You responded with personal attacks (calling me "Skyvike, among other things) and continued sermons (the one about Big Lebowski being your latest). I think that anyone paying the least bit of attention on this forum knows that the Coen brothers are Jewish (and you'll notice that I left that post of yours up after deleting the rest of them). The point IS... that I posted a poll about what people believe in or don't believe in, stated VERY CLEARLY that sermons and religious arguments were to be taken to any of the hundreds of threads already open for that purpose in the Religion sub-forum, and you repeatedly ignored/violated that request in your fervor to call non-Christians "Monkey Men" among other "damnation and hellfire" things.

Maybe you SHOULD go if you can't get this? You seem to want to turn even moderation issues into religious ones!

Gaillo
10th June 2011, 01:31 PM
you are as active at "massonic" forum as you are active here at this forum

could you describe five differences between the two?

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??
This is the ONLY forum on the net that I'm active on - I didn't even register an account at GIM2 when they switched over!
You are SEVERELY trying my patience... but even I didn't think you would resort to outright LIES!!

Grad
10th June 2011, 01:41 PM
Maybe you SHOULD go if you can't get this?

I may have to do that out of respect for you and the rest of the forum.

I do respect you, moderation is not an easy job, you doing it for free,
great forum, great job.

besides, on occasions I operate the lathe, just like you do ( I hope your finger healed).

what do you have to do with dehumanizer? Is that your website?

Grad
10th June 2011, 01:43 PM
This is the ONLY forum on the net that I'm active on - I didn't even register an account at GIM2 when they switched over!
You are SEVERELY trying my patience... but even I didn't think you would resort to outright LIES!!

that was addressed to book, not to you, Gaillo

Dogman
10th June 2011, 01:46 PM

that was addressed to book, not to you, Gaillo

The two threads were together and it is very easy to quote from the wrong post. Have done it several times here.

Gaillo
10th June 2011, 01:48 PM

I do respect you, moderation is not an easy job, you doing it for free,
great forum, great job.

besides, on occasions I operate the lathe, just like you do ( I hope your finger healed).

what do you have to do with dehumanizer? Is that your website?

I have NOTHING to do with dehumanizer, I just found a funny (to me) image and posted it. You'll notice I removed it along with yours, so as not to appear "partial" on the whole "image war" thing.

Thanks for the respect and healed finger wishes - the finger is doing fine (the wonders of bacteria killing rubbing alcohol!)

Stick around, we like you here even if we don't agree with you on everything.

Sorry about the book misunderstanding, I thought the masonic post was directed at me after you were calling me "Skyvike" in the other thread.

madfranks
10th June 2011, 03:01 PM
When you enter the religion sub-forum, if only a few of the threads are showing up, go to the bottom of the page and under "thread display options", set it to "beginning", and you'll see them all there.

MAGNES
10th June 2011, 03:57 PM

Grad you are overdoing it, especially your posts on leaving, everything will sort itself out,
John has stated he will do everything in stages, calling Gaillo skyvike is a low blow dude,
Gaillo was in the trenches last day gim outing and hammering them along with a few of us and we all
got banned, it was fun too, lol , he is human too, everyone has to take it easy a bit,
the religion section will be restored hopefully along with 2 other sections where there
is unique threads, if anything needs to disappear give everyone the heads
up first, then nuke it later, I already saved some key threads , just a few,
counting on the religion section to come back up,
I took Madfranks advice but it won't work for some reason.

osoab
10th June 2011, 03:59 PM
G2Rad,

No need to leave. All of us have insights and opinions that are valuable.

Besides, I am still waiting on an answer to my question.

Dogman
10th June 2011, 04:04 PM
Grad you are overdoing it, especially your posts on leaving, everything will sort itself out,
John has stated he will do everything in stages, calling Gaillo skyvike is a low blow dude,
Gaillo was in the trenches last day gim outing and hammering them along with a few of us and we all
got banned, it was fun too, lol , he is human too, everyone has to take it easy a bit, be a
bit patient, the religion section will be restored hopefully along with 2 other sections where there
is unique important board business, if anything needs to disappear give everyone the heads

Try and go to the Forum actions drop down menu and select general settings, then thread display options , and select 40 posts per page and save settings . That may help.??

madfranks
10th June 2011, 04:12 PM
got banned, it was fun too, lol , he is human too, everyone has to take it easy a bit,
the religion section will be restored hopefully along with 2 other sections where there
is unique threads, if anything needs to disappear give everyone the heads

After selecting "beginning" on the thread display options, you have to click the button "show threads" to the right of those options. Confusing, I know, but we'll all get used to it.

Gaillo
10th June 2011, 04:30 PM
Try and go to the Forum actions drop down menu and select general settings, then thread display options , and select 40 posts per page and save settings . That may help.??

There is a setting just below that one, about age of posts to display. Set that to "Show all posts" and it will solve all problems - I just verified it.

MAGNES
10th June 2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks again Madfranks and Dogman, I think an sticky may save
the mods here a lot of work addressing common questions. Maybe
John needs to do some global settings for everyone ? Don't know.